Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Well this episode is off to a good start.

The cake twins came back, one of my dreams has already come true. I love those two.

Edited by Pinkie Pie
  • Thumbs Up 2

THIS DONKEY IS REEEEAAALLLLY REEEAAAALLY BALD

my eeeeeeyyyyyeeeeesssss

Derpyglobe FTW

i will never be ur frend 5ever

how many feet do you even really HAVE

Edited by Phantomime

Best Season 2 episode?

No.

But damn close. 'Dat Continuity (Rainbow actually learned something! And it stuck!)! 'Dat 4th wall breakage! 'Dat song! 'Dat look into Pinkie's mind!

Edited by Gilda

Best Season 2 episode?

No.

But damn close. 'Dat Continuity (Rainbow actually learned something! And it stuck!)! 'Dat 4th wall breakage! 'Dat song! 'Dat look into Pinkie's mind!

• Thumbs Up 1

Loved this episode.

Pinkie is nonstop fun as usual, Cranky was pretty likable, and I enjoyed all the songs. The little continuity references (Cake twins, Daring Do, etc.) were nice touches as well.

It's also nice to see Pinkie continue to develop and get a bit more dimension to her character; Like Baby Cakes, the episode still preserves her status as a fun-loving hyperactive pony, but subtly makes her more responsible, and capable of toning it down when appropriate. I do like that a lot.

In any case, looking forward to next week's episode!

*Sigh* That poor fourth wall never saw it coming.

I'm glad to see that other "farm" animals are actually treated as equals in Ponyville. I never liked that the Apple family seemed to own other sapient animals like slaves.

Edited by Moon Goddess Luna

One of better episodes of the season definitely! Still no Lesson Zero though, but definitely high up there. Pinkie's songs, 4th wall breakage, continuity nods, and Pinkie antics made it the more enjoyable, not to mention Derpy snowglobe and more dvelopment for Pinkie. Also, the donkey was pretty likeable too and nice to see other animals are treated equally than animal slaves on AJ's farm.

I was expecting Pinkie go Pinkamena during this ep. after the "not 4ever friends" part, but disappointed that she didn't. I'm starting to miss her.

Edited by AdventChild

Haven't watched the episode yet…

But DAT SONG! <3 It's absolutely well-written and excellently sung. If you ask me, it's the best song in the series.

I REALLY enjoyed this episode. From the continuity nods to the amazing musical number/montage to the Derpy globe to Pinkie just being Pinkie, I loved every second of it. Definitely one of my favorite Season 2 episodes so far.

Also, Cranky was played by the one and only Richard Newman, also known more popularly as Rhinox from Transformers Beast Wars and this guy:

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Heh, there's some days were I feel like the donkey. Cranky Doodle Donkey, I immediately thought of Donkey Kong. Overall a great wacky episode and definitely one of the stronger ones this season. So much breakage of the the laws of physics, if they were real laws Pinkie would be Equestria's most wanted criminal. Also, DAT SONG! :D

Also, anyone know when Hearts and Hooves is coming back to iTunes? It's bad enough that Last Roundup may not come back but now another one? I'm snagging this episode before some other stupid shit happens.

I decided not spoil myself witht he song when it leaked long ago...it was worth it...

this is now one of my favorite songs

On another note, I never got the problem some people had with the Godzilla/King Kong reference. It was obvious that one was going to be made yes, the reference was subtle, downplayed short and lampshaded annoying(Like a certain annoying show involving a flame headed kid...)

Lampshaded annoying? huh.png

Are you saying the reference was handled better than that show you're talking about? *coughjohnnytestcough* cause if that's what you're saying then... okay, I guess I'd have to agree with that. When this show has pop culture references they're not practically asking "Get the reference?" Like a certain show about a Guy and his Family.

But still, I really can't explain why this reference ruined this episode for me... Seriously, I have no Idea how to. It's the strangest thing, I like Godzilla, I like King Kong, I didn't mind the Indiana Jones or Star Wars references (Two movies that probably have more parodies than Godzilla and King Kong) and I usually don't mind predictability. But there was something about those parodies that just made me groan.

I think everyone gets it by now, so I'll shut up about this episode, cause I know people are sick of me bitching and moaning. (I seriously don't hate this episode, just the reference.) and get onto talking about this new episode.

Pinkie Pie <3

It was great to finally see the animation to go with this song! (Which I listened to when it was leaked btw) I was pleased, especially since this song made Pinkie Pie my favorite Pony.

I was a bit worried about Cranky Doodle hurting the episode but it turns out he wasn't all that bad... It was interesting to learn about his past and what made him so Cranky. I kinda blame Over a Barrel for my skepticism when it comes to episodes focusing on other species in Equestria. tongue.png

What the... was that Derpy in the snowglobe?! Holy crap, how does she do that?! ohmy.png Could it be possible her magical 4th wall breaking skills surpass Pinkie Pie's magical 4th wall breaking skills?

Naw, that's impossible...

(...it could happen though...)

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

Oh goodness this episode.

* YAY! The baby twins are back! I love those two.

* More than ponies in ponyville. I'm glad they're expanding the universe a bit.

* THAT SONG. Winter Wrap-Up has a new challenger for best song.

* I really like the Cranky character. I almost could imagine George Carlin playing him for some reason if he were still alive.

* Really got a kick out of the paper animation bit. Just shows some real creativity from this show there.

* YAY! The spa twins are back! I LOVE those two. Also love the design of the receptionist pony.

* More Rainbow/Daring Do goodness. Good to see she didn't learn and forget again.

* Poor Twilight. I'm really looking forward to her upcoming episode.

* Pinkie Pie was in rare form in this episode. She really has won me over again this season.

* Hint-hint, wink-wink, nudge-nudge at Cranky and Matilda wanting privacy. HEY THIS IS A ADULT MALES WATCHING A GIRLS KIDS SHOW, DARN IT!

I think what I loved about this episode was how much it felt like a classic Looney Tunes cartoon. And I love how Pinkie is being handled this season. I remember when many wondered if there was a way to expand the character beyond her PARTY PARTY PARTY personality and with her two episodes this year, she's almost a completely new character while still maintaining what mader her HER.

In closing, my final opinion of this episode:

acceptablepinkie.png

Edited by Snatcher2047

Great episode!

-Dat Song! 'Nuff said!

-Pinkie Pie really shines in this episode! The scene where she popped up everywhere and disguised as a Beaver in one part was hilarious! The "inside her mind" and her fourth wall breaking really made me laugh too.

-I like the references to some of the previous episodes like Rainbow Dash reading Daring Doo for example, and Derpy's cameo was great too.

-Cranky was very well done as a character.

Edited by Kevin

DAT EPISODE! Everything about it was amazing! The song! The continuity nods! The character development! The art shifts! The background characters!

God tier episode! The only flaw is that Cranky didn't say "ever" five times.

But yeah, why is it that the episodes with the most mundane synopses end up being the most amazing? It's kind of crazy how that works.

Edited by E-10000B

My thoughts on the episode:

I absolutely LOVE IT!

1. Very great animation. I really dig some of the nuances, particularly the flipping of the paper. It gives the animation a lot of detail, yet retains the cartoony atmosphere.

2. DAT SONG! Move over, Winter Wrap-Up! Smile trumphs you! But, GOD, the walk and perspective animation are among the best in the series. You can definitely tell that the Flash cartoonists and animators really developed their talent in that scene alone!

3. Canon and Derpy references! Gotta love Pinkie Pie babysitting the two twins and Dash reading the Daring Do book! <3

4. Cranky is a tremendous character! He received a ton of depth, from his younger life to what he is when he retired at Ponyville! His connection with Matilda is very cute!

5. His newfound friendship with Pinkie Pie was fantastic and reminds me so much about Russell's friendship with Mr. Fredrickson in Up! There's a great connection between past and present, young and old in this episode, and I loved how well-executed it is.

• Thumbs Up 1

A Friend in Deed was just OK.

Smile was not as great as the Special Somepony song or Becoming Popular.

The best season 2 episodes until now are The Last Roundup, Super Speedy and Hearts and Hooves Day.

Edited by Applejack1973