Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

I love this show, but I fear that there will be a backlash againist it like Disco in the late 70's or something! :unsure:

or that the popularity will fade like what happened in the late 80's against the Care Bears. :/

Nothing lasts forever in this cursed world, so let's make the best of it while we can.

Edited by DarkDefeater

or that the popularity will fade like what happened in the late 80's against the Care Bears. :/

Nothing lasts forever in this cursed world, so let's make the best of it while we can.

Actually didn't the Care Bears popularity die around the same time as My Little Pony? :mellow:

I can't really understand...

I mean...

What kind of parent would let a little girl watch this kind of show? :blink:

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, come to think of it, it did.

Towards the end of the 80's the popularity of toys like Care Bears, My Little Pony, G.I. Joe and Transformers died out. I think this was because their respected cartoons stop airing and networks decreased the showing of commericals related to the toys as well, I don't know, its a bit before my time and I am also British you see. :)

Towards the end of the 80's the popularity of toys like Care Bears, My Little Pony, G.I. Joe and Transformers died out. I think this was because their respected cartoons stop airing and networks decreased the showing of commericals related to the toys as well, I don't know, its a bit before my time and I am also British you see. :)

MLP and Transformers was big throughout the 90's over here.

MLP and Transformers was big throughout the 90's over here.

They were here too, I had some 90's Transformers but they didn't catch on like they did in the 80's. :(

Well I was born in 91 so I wouldn't know, but I had a whole lot of Ponies back in the 90's.

Well I was born in 91 so I wouldn't know, but I had a whole lot of Ponies back in the 90's.

I was born the same year. ;)

Well CBS's news blog has an article on MLPFiM's marketing and merchandise. It would be quite an understatement to say that they did a little more research than CNN.

http://www.bnet.com/blog/sports-entertainment/my-little-pony-the-hip-new-trend-among-the-geekerati/313

I think everypony can agree on better merchandise.

So I've decided to actually check this out now that I'm sure the fandom for this show isn't just some ironic meme. I'm a minute into the first episode and... I like the voice acting!

K, gonna fill this post in as I go along.

That lavender pony... Twilight. Her mane reminds me of Stocking from "Panty and Stocking with Gerterbelt."

Animation quality is pro. Much better than some crap that's more popular *coughsouthparkcough*

ROFL "Well she's not doing a very good job is sh-" *CRASH*

I love how it seems like yellow *checks name* Fluttershy is all Shrinking Violet and then ZOMG BABY DRAGON.

...You know, I have a thing for motormouth characters. So funny xD.

Ending was uh kind of chiche but still, great first episode and I can see why you all likes it

That lavender pony... Twilight. Her mane reminds me of Stocking from "Panty and Stocking with Gerterbelt."

PLEASE don't bring that up. They look a bit alike, that is all. >.<

...fucking hate PaSwG

...fucking hate PaSwG

lol, sorry. I like this show 1000x better.

And I thought PSG was shit too.

Edited by Dialga190

Good. :P

Yeah, FiM is really good. I as actually surprised since the G3 era of MLP sucked really bad.

...fucking hate PaSwG

lol, sorry. I like this show 1000x better.

And I thought PSG was shit too.

BLASPHEMY I SAY! HEINOUS BLASPHEMY!

J/k. Though said cast has been ponified several times already.

J/k. Though said cast has been ponified several times already.

I'm sort of curious to see how much difference could there be between pony Stocking and Twilight.

Off to Google I go!

Also, for some reason, I feel like all the fancomics out there should have Pinkie Pie speaking in pink speech bubbles (while all the other characters retaining the default white ones).

Ohh, little pink speech bubbles! What fun we shall have together!

Some minor news. Not really anything new, but the Hub's official Youtube page has uploaded Equestria Girls and they favourited Sethisto's upload of Equestria Girls.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HUBTVNETWORK

Nothing big, but I thought it was cool of them to favourite Sethisto's upload.

Nothing big, but I thought it was cool of them to favourite Sethisto's upload.

I find that pretty cool.

Now, I'm going to scout for some toys at our local stores. I honestly doubt we've got them, and I will likely have more luck going to the big city with all the shopping centers, but who knows. I'll be reporting back later.

Le edit: No luck, as expected.

Edited by Cheez

Should be rennamed to Iron Pony. :U

I also managed to watch chapter 13, wich I freaking loved, but I'm out of time to make a (sort of) review of it right now, maybe later tonight.

EDIT: The comments of that page are awesome! xD (going to find a way to put Guile's theme there)

I also wonder if Celestia is going to be a SNK Boss

Edited by gato

Good news, everyone! My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic will start airing on Cartoon Network UK late this July! Surely this will bring in a far wider audience for those British folks that don't get The Hub.

Hey, you know what this calls for?

...oh, and in completely unrelated news this show has some of the coolest (approx. 20% above average) animators ever. (If their Q&A sessions on /co/ and Derpy cameos weren't enough to prove that.)

Yes, that is in fact one of the animators cosplaying as Keyboard Cat.

Edited by HunterTSF

Good news, everyone! My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic will start airing on Cartoon Network UK late this July! Surely this will bring in a far wider audience for those British folks that don't get The Hub.

Hey, you know what this calls for?

...oh, and in completely unrelated news this show has some of the coolest (approx. 20% above average) animators ever. (If their Q&A sessions on /co/ and Derpy cameos weren't enough to prove that.)

Yes, that is in fact one of the animators cosplaying as Keyboard Cat.

Good news indeed, thanks for posting that Hunter! :D

This is possibly the best childrens cartoon show Ive enjoyed in over a decade! Everything about it is flawless and it blurs the gender barrier by proving that women can be anything they want. But to sum it, the reason Ive grown fond on these ponies is cause they're hilariously adorable. They're more loonier than that horrible Looney Tunes reboot. Its amazing how a franchise aimed at little girls manages to bring classic elements of slackstick humor and well developed characters. Not since SatAM have I been this vested in a cartoon series. Yes, its been THAT long since I gave a crap about cartoons shows. The writers created these situations where I want the characters to succeed in their goals. As embarrassing as it is to say this, but I'm anxious to know if the Cutie Mark Crusaders will ever get their marks or if Rainbow Dash will ever get the opportunity to join the Wonderbolts. But ironically, the girliest of the Ponies is actually quit engaging. Two episodes involving fashion shows were laugh out loud entertaining, which indicates how much care goes into this show. So that's basically my opinion. My only regret, is that I purposely avoided this show due to the name and It was only recently that I actually caved in and started watching the episodes. As for my favorite pony, its a tie between Rainbow Dash or Pinkie Pie. Here's hoping that season 2 will continue the quality that it has provided with the first.

• Thumbs Up 3

You've all got yourselves a new Brony!

Has Dialga been Ponified? I'd love a Dialga Pony avatar.