Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Season 2 voice acting auditions are underway!

If you are talented voice actor seeking employment in the Vancouver area, and just happen to be in possession of a whole bunch of fancy-pants credentials and what I would assume would be a fairly reputable connection to either the unspecified recording studio or Jayson Thiessen, then you should go pop by and say hi!

Edited by HunterTSF

Two more ponies to the collection, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, both G4. Pinkie Pie was bought by my girlfriend, but we share collection so that's fine.

20110602368.jpg

Two more ponies to the collection, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, both G4. Pinkie Pie was bought by my girlfriend, but we share collection so that's fine.

[image]

I can't help but notice that so far half of those animal friends included with the toys have eventually made it into the show in one way or another.

Twilight - owl - Owlowiscious

Applejack - dog - Winona

Rainbow Dash - squirrel - ???

Rarity - bird - ???

Fluttershy - rabbit - Angel

Pinkie - mouse - ???

Granted, Rarity and Pinkie already have Opalescence the Cat and Gummy the Alligator respectively, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Rainbow Dash acquiring some sort of flying squirrel some time next season.

(That would be so. Awesome.)

Edited by HunterTSF

I can't help but notice that so far half of those animal friends included with the toys have eventually made it into the show in one way or another.

Twilight - owl - Owlowiscious

Applejack - dog - Winona

Rainbow Dash - squirrel - ???

Rarity - bird - ???

Fluttershy - rabbit - Angel

Pinkie - mouse - ???

Granted, Rarity and Pinkie already have Opalescence the Cat and Gummy the Alligator respectively, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Rainbow Dash acquiring some sort of flying squirrel some time next season.

(That would be so. Awesome.)

I'm actually surprised there is no Gummy or Opal, Spike is available in Twilight Sparkle's baloon pack, but that's the only way to get him as far as I know.

There's actually a fanfic where Rainbow Dash gets a pet hawk and names him Baron Awesome. No, I'm not kidding. I hear it's actually quite good, too.

I'm actually surprised there is no Gummy or Opal, Spike is available in Twilight Sparkle's baloon pack, but that's the only way to get him as far as I know.

There's actually a fanfic where Rainbow Dash gets a pet hawk and names him Baron Awesome. No, I'm not kidding. I hear it's actually quite good, too.

If that's the one that I think it is, then it is pretty good.

As a longtime male MLP fan (yeah, you heard me, i was it BEFORE it was cool ;)), i have to say that while it's cool that there are so many new fans of the franchise (or at least one part of the franchise), it's also kinda annoying how a certain portion of these new fans seem to feel the need to constantly hate on the older versions of the series. I mean, i can understand perfectly well why someone who didn't grow up with the original MLP series would find it stupid and boring (it was written entirely on the level of a 5 year old, after all). But i dont understand why so many of those people seem to feel the need to badmouth the show to no end (like for instance leaving negative and often very rude comments on youtube clip's of the show).

Usually, a fanbase becomes broken when a new incarnation of the franchise appears and older fans start hating it. But in the case of MLP: FiM, almost all older fans liked it, yet the fanbase became broken anyway due to the newer fans hating the older versions. Which understandably makes us older fans grumpy. I mean, just imagine if there came out a new Sonic cartoon, let's call it Sonic: Friendship is Magic, which attracted loads of new fans who started visiting the Sonic forums, but who disliked everything in the Sonic franchise that came before the new cartoon and just wouldn't stop spewing crap like "everything that came before Sonic: FiM sucked balls! Burn it with fire!". Dont pretend you wouldn't find that annoying!

Anyway, i realize that only a small portion of bronys are actually like that. But man, they sure dive me nuts. <_<

Edited by batson
  • Thumbs Up 1

Anyway, i realize that only a small portion of bronys are actually like that. But man, they sure dive me nuts. <_<

Edited by Cheez

As a longtime male MLP fan (yeah, you heard me, i was it BEFORE it was cool ;)), i have to say that while it's cool that there are so many new fans of the franchise (or at least one part of the franchise), it's also kinda annoying how a certain portion of these new fans seem to feel the need to constantly hate on the older versions of the series.

You've basically described every fanbase ever that had a temporary lull in activity. Sonic, Pokemon, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc.

I'd actually say that Bronies tend to be far more forgiving then any other ones I've seen/been a part of, joking jabs at the earlier versions notwithstanding.

You've basically described every fanbase ever that had a temporary lull in activity. Sonic, Pokemon, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc.

I'd actually say that Bronies tend to be far more forgiving then any other ones I've seen/been a part of, joking jabs at the earlier versions notwithstanding.

The way I seeit is if you like the Ponies, you like the Ponies, some people have even bought the toys, yet their are people out there who mock people who like the older MLP stuff just seems hypocritical.

Interrestingly I was watching My Little Pony: Tales (my favourite charracters are Bon Bon, Melody, Sweetheart and Teddy) on the internet months before I discovered MLP:FiM but at least it lets me break out of my shell a bit in admiting I have an interrest in My Little Pony. ;)

Edited by BW199148

As a longtime male MLP fan (yeah, you heard me, i was it BEFORE it was cool ;)), i have to say that while it's cool that there are so many new fans of the franchise (or at least one part of the franchise), it's also kinda annoying how a certain portion of these new fans seem to feel the need to constantly hate on the older versions of the series. I mean, i can understand perfectly well why someone who didn't grow up with the original MLP series would find it stupid and boring (it was written entirely on the level of a 5 year old, after all). But i dont understand why so many of those people seem to feel the need to badmouth the show to no end (like for instance leaving negative and often very rude comments on youtube clip's of the show).

I have no problem with people that like older gens of MLP, though even the dedicated fans seem to have critisism of Gen 3 to 3.5 concerning Hasbro's tedency to focus on the "mane five" of the group, and those awful cheap gen 3.5 cartoons (maybe the proper specials get a pass, but those newborn cuties episodes are horrifying and even if I was the target audience - I would be offended by those)

I mean...I dunno about MLP the Movie (I tried it and couldn't actually finish the movie...) , but I heard the original TV special and series was pretty decent, and it kind of all went a bit off with the second series and so on.

IMO I do think the older fanbase put up with some pretty lousy tactics on Hasbro's part concerning the toys. I mean some of the recolours are pretty neat - though there are others that feel as lazy as the packaging. The blind bags have the oddest distribution ever and I honestly hope they adopt some background ponies for some future waves. It's not like Hasbro havent been aware of the adult fanbase before now, what with the annual fairs and special comic-con ponies

Its because of this new show that drove me to watch the original shows. Even though I grew up in the era they were released, I NEVER watched them due to the fact that it was a girly show. So I viewed a couple episodes from each generation and I can honestly say that G1 is the best of among the classics. Its dark, has a fantasy backdrop, and the dialogue is actually respectable. The villains are intimidating and I love the usage of magic and questing. Had no idea that Nancy Cartright was in it and she sounds exactly like Bart Simpson. G2 is ok, but it suffers from the teen drama syndrome. They removed the medieval atmosphere and transported the ponies to modern day suburbia. Nothing interesting happens, but the voice acting does sound like genuine. G3 and G3.5 seems like they cater to preschoolers. So overall, G1 and G4 are top notch.

• Thumbs Up 1

According to that test and image, I'm a Twilight. This does not surprise me in the least.

Heh... I'm Sweetie Belle, funny, because I barely know that pony (first time I saw her was in Call of the Cutie, and i still have to see another episode with her).

Yeah I don't have time to watch the whole thing (yet), I just got EP14, but I'm way too sleepy to look at it right now >_>

I'm Scootaloo?

Well, I DO think that Rainbow Dash is the best character, although not to the level that she does.

So, according to this test and this corresponding image

I've taken MBTI before so I know that I'm an ISFP; according to pony terms that means that I'm a... Fluttershy? Yeah, that sounds about right. =)

...I'm a Trixie.

Doesn't surprise me in the least, especially considering just how much I hate Trixie.

It seems we are complete opposites. No wonder I can find you slightly intimidating when you get into some of the more heated discussions around here.

Took the test my Senior year of high school and got an ENFP. Took the test again and got an ESFP, which would mean I'm a Scootaloo. Pretty fitting considering I like Rainbow Dash a lot.

Reading the descriptions again, I'd say ESFP is most accurate.

Edited by Dialga190

I got Sweetie Belle, that's fine, but I didn't reallt agree on the text for iSFJ representing me, but whatever. ^^

Its because of this new show that drove me to watch the original shows. Even though I grew up in the era they were released, I NEVER watched them due to the fact that it was a girly show. So I viewed a couple episodes from each generation and I can honestly say that G1 is the best of among the classics. Its dark, has a fantasy backdrop, and the dialogue is actually respectable. The villains are intimidating and I love the usage of magic and questing. Had no idea that Nancy Cartright was in it and she sounds exactly like Bart Simpson. G2 is ok, but it suffers from the teen drama syndrome. They removed the medieval atmosphere and transported the ponies to modern day suburbia. Nothing interesting happens, but the voice acting does sound like genuine. G3 and G3.5 seems like they cater to preschoolers. So overall, G1 and G4 are top notch.

My Little Pony Tales is actually my fav. of the shows, but I think that Friendship is Magic has passed the original for me now, so that comes in as second. The 2003 era movies sucked however.

Apparently I am princess celestia. Lol I dunno why. xD I got what Princess Celestia is, but whatever xD