Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

OMG If I wasn't in love with this show before, I sure as hell am now. I could watch that all day.

At first I was all like, "Haha! That's a funny edit somebody did with some audio from somewhere else..." but then I realized it was the real audio from the show and almost flipped out.

Edited by Snatcher2047
  • Thumbs Up 1

SO I have to ask a certain group of people in here, isn't there every a point where you say, "No, I don't think this is for me"?

Quite the opposite, actually. At first, I was reluctant to try it, thinking I might catch The Gay. But nobody would shut the hell up about it, so I just said "fuck it, I'll try it."

First came denial: "This girly shit sucks."

Then came anger: "Goddammit, why am I still watching these ponies?"

Then bargaining: "Alright, that's 14 episodes in a row, one more and I'll call it a night."

Then depression: "Am I really enjoying this? Shit, man..."

Finally, acceptance: Citizen_Kane_Clap_by_FlyingBrickAnimation.gif

GI Joe was more about things like "Don't climb into abandoned refrigerators" and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8.

I wasn't really grouping GI Joe in with that, it was just an alternative example.

Edited by SuperStingray
  • Thumbs Up 3

After watching a few episodes myself to see why everyone is raving about this show, I have to admit this show is really good despite me never caring for My Little Pony. Great animation, well developed storyline, fantastic voice acting. Surely I must be dreaming, right? This isn't a super girly show I thought it would be, it's a show that looks to appeal to everyone.

I was surprised to hear Tara Strong in this, and I have to give Lauren Faust credit for a job well done with this series!

Edited by Kevin

And I can't be the only one who finds Fluttershy unbearably adorable.

Hay no! I adore Fluttershy. She's such a cutie, and her voice is so super duper sugary sweet. >w<

Hmm, I'm wondering. Since the McDonald's toys came out around January in the US, when do you think they're coming out here in Europe? I'm gonna get me some Happy Meals just for the toys! XD

I've never seen or heard anything about this show.

I've hated My Little Pony my entire life.

I detested that song that played in the background of every commercial.

The series needs to di-

Woah, that pony ("Rainbow-Dash", apparently?) looks badass.

Watching shall commence.

MANLY-MAN mentality fading... I think I'm becoming a brony... My god.

Seriously though, as soon as I saw the name "Power Puff Girls", I knew this would be good. I'll watch it soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

CONFOUND THESE PONIES.

Confound_these_ponies.png

My favourite is Fluttershy. n_n

My favourite is Flutteryshy.

So who else thinks that Fluttershy is the most badass pony around?

329%20-%20fluttershy%20macro%20pinkie_pie%20rainbow_dash.jpg

lol, jk. You're all entitled to your opinions.

Even if they're wrong.

Edited by HunterTMLPFIMF
  • Thumbs Up 5

Pinkie Pie is easily my favorite, but I do like them all. The show is rare for having an entire main cast that I find entirely likable. I usually am at least apathetic about someone, but they've managed to make me care about all the characters.

Yeah, Pinkie would get my vote after Fluttershy. And you'd think if there would be a weak link in the show it might be Spike, but even he is adorable and likable on a high level.

When I heard about all the positive rep this show was getting and that Lauren Faust was involved, I KNEW I had to watch it sooner or later. I finally found time to watch a couple of episodes a week or so ago and I cannot believe how GOOD this show is. Every character is likable and has a distinct personality, the voice acting is top notch, the stories are both entertaining and often times hilarious, and the character designs are just gosh darn adorable. This show has definitely surprised me in an amazing way. I never expected to like a My Little Pony cartoon this much. Lauren Faust's talents have definitely exceeded my expectations and presented me with quite an entertaining show. I'm definitely looking forward to future episodes and will make a habit of trying to catch the show when it airs. Consider me a fan. :)

As for the characters themselves, I'll join the bandwagon in loving Fluttershy. She's SO adorable and her sweet/shy voice definitely adds to that adorability. As for my second favorite, definitely Pinkie Pie. I love her energy and randomness. The way she kept popping up in the most recent episode made me laugh my head off. :lol:

You know, even if it's apparently good, I just can't bring myself to watch something so pink and girly. D: D:

I usually don't take too much shame in enjoying anything, from my horror-obsession to really cute or girly things, to very serious subject matters, to light-hearted material. If I enjoy it I enjoy it, but even so I am reluctant for some reason to watch this. Based on reaction and some facts I'm sure I'd end up enjoying it, but for some reason I'm not sure if I want to take that step. I don't even now exactly why, it might be because in general I found myself not into stuff like Barbie and My Little Pony when I was younger, or maybe it's because I would feel weird calling something called Fluttershy badass, but in the end I'm sure I'll end up watching this, likely get a few friends as I'm scared to go alone and none of my friends have really talked about the series at all, from girl to guy to younger or older, so maybe we could try it together.

Also, for some reason this has reminded me of Twin Peaks. Maybe because I knew I was going to love it but was reluctant to watch it for the longest time until I finally did one day and it became my favorite television series of all time.

coopercoffee.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly can't choose which I like best. All the characters ar likeable, hilarious, and have been given more depth as the show goes on. Even Spike has been appearing more recently. They are each likeably unuique.

Twilight is probably the most sarcastic and grounded in logic.

Fluttershy is definately the kindest but probably the most badass as well, considering "Dragonshy" and "Stare Master".

Applejack is probably the most stubborn and proud.

Rainbow Dash is is definately the most tom boyish(well her or Applejack)and probably the fastest.

Rarity is the most snobbish but never to the point of being unlikeable.

Pinkie Pie is FREAKING INSANE!

and

Spike is... well Spike.

I can't decide.

Haha I was wondering when a pony thread would show up.

The show is surprisingly good and it's downright hilarious sometimes, mostly due to the fantastic delivery of the voice acting. I think Pinkie Pie would have to be my favourite.

All of the characters are pretty likeable, HOWEVER, the cutie mark crusaders just plain suck.

Design wise I like Fluttershy and Applejack most out of the main group. Personality wise I like them all n_n

Gabz, I'm not sure if they'll be in UK McDonalds meals. Just because they're in US ones doesn't always mean they'll be in UK ones. If you really want the ponies then check Ebay, probably be more expensive though.

Dunno how true it is, but it's interesting to see the comparisons anyway.

BIG IMAGE IS BIG

and

610cfe78-6424-442a-b0fd-f3780e29a9dc.jpg

Gabz, I'm not sure if they'll be in UK McDonalds meals. Just because they're in US ones doesn't always mean they'll be in UK ones. If you really want the ponies then check Ebay, probably be more expensive though.

Ugh, you're right. ;w; Just have to wait for the show to air here, then see if they will release the Ponies in Happy Meals (I sure hope they do! >_>). Otherwise, there's always Ebay!

Wow, just watched the first two episodes and what a great way into the show the characters were fleshed out really well.

Pinkie Pie's song was good and quite amusing, charming at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tiynTPuUUM

Trying to think which is more girly to like this show or the Caramelldansen / U-U-U-Aua Dance video?

Edited by BW199148

So the Pony craze has finally hit here eh?

Guess I'll watch an episode or two to see if I'll be assimilated into the herd.

Eugh. I keep forgetting just how foul the classic ponies looked. Their faces occupy that perfect space where they're not sure if they want to be stylized or realistic and the result is grotesque instead of cute. On the toys, anyway; their animated equivalents are a considerable improvement.

Edited by Mollfie

Yeah, I agree. I feel that the great character designs are a large part of the appeal of the new show for me.