Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

In the Spike abuse topic, I can think of many things that might ignite anger, first of all there might be a problem with the fact that the mane 6 are performing it, which makes them feel a bit "unfriendly". Specially Twilight.

Other than that... Well.. Spike is a pretty cool and loved character, and there are a lot of viewers relate to him too. So see him being treated like this might strike a nerve on some people. (And some people might not like the idea of reducing him to Butt Monkey status)

I'm usually not so bothered with it, but then we have this little gem:

w2r0x.png

This... Thing... Is one of the most depressing scenes I've seen in this show... And it's part of one of the chapters were Spike was treated right! DX

There are many things you can take from this, but the main thing is that Spike actually cared and most likely wanted to go to all those parties/places/adventures he never gets invited to.

To this day I'm still asking myself why did they have to use this? Maybe one of the animators wants Spike to be a Chew Toy?

Seriously, how doeas brittish bronies organise themselves? I want to know!

And I want to start a Brony comedy group called "The Dirtville Association". Sort of like Monty Python, Killinggänget etc.

Annnd Lemanic, I don't think most of us can help you with it, despite being primarily an England based forum most of the bronies over here live in the other side of the ocean laugh.png (and the ones who live there don't seem to know about that). You can look into EqD for any British meet up and contact the people behind them,

Or do a quick Google search, I got some results that might interest you.

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm usually not so bothered with it, but then we have this little gem:

w2r0x.png

This... Thing... Is one of the most depressing scenes I've seen in this show... And it's part of one of the chapters were Spike was treated right! DX

There are many things you can take from this, but the main thing is that Spike actually cared and most likely wanted to go to all those parties/places/adventures he never gets invited to.

To this day I'm still asking myself why did they have to use this? Maybe one of the animators wants Spike to be a Chew Toy?

I try to stay positive in regards to that "gem". It's not that Spike didn't get invited, it's just that he couldn't go. Look Before You Sleep does imply Spike has other duties outside of being Twilight's assistant.

I hope.

Edited by Pinkamina

At this point, I've probably read/am reading like 6 or 7 "X is a Changeling" or "X got turned into a Changeling" fics.

And that's ok.

Because they're all fun so far.

Some a bit darker than others.

But fun... Oh god, Twilight's going to eat Scootaloo. Run Scoots, RUN.

Edited by Pinkamina
  • Thumbs Up 2

Semi on topic? XD I don;t think this was ever posted. it's from earlier this year.I thought it was neat so I had to post both of these. Just so you know, Adam Rosner is the guy who makes tribe Twelve and plays Noah. He does other silly stuff too. The guy in the Rainbow Dash shirt is the guy who played Slendy in one of the scariest scenes in the mythos.(Which is the one they were filming when taking the photos. He's only played him once so far.) The guy in the last photo and the second link needs no introduction.

http://thenimbus.tumblr.com/post/17982213356/youll-never-be-scared-of-tribe-twelve-again

http://thenimbus.tumblr.com/post/20630359213/this-picture-appeals-to-three-fandoms-at-once-we

tumblr_lzo0rfFyCJ1qkuyhw.jpg

tumblr_lzo0u5yq3l1qkuyhw.jpg

tumblr_m23aaydW051qjhgo6o1_1280.jpg

Adam Rosner is a god among men.

For the sake of being a bit more on topic, have a silly comic.

derpy_hooves___secret_origin_by_czudakx-d5fjv2l.png

And an interview with Enterplay.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/09/cereal-and-calpain-interview-ceo-of.html

• Thumbs Up 2

So I made a comic...

*Spoiled for size*

meanwhile__part_1_by_strickerx5-d5fsls7.jpg

This came out much better than I expected it would, thinking of starting a series soon...

• Thumbs Up 7

I played through the first act of "Welcome to Ponyville", and here my thoughts:

First off, both Spike's and Scootaloo's voices need work. Scootaloo is too deep and Spike is just bad! But aside from that, the game is well done overall. I like the gameplay in general and how the choices you make affect the game overall. That creepy face in the nightmare scenes was just disturbing though! Regardless, I do like how the story is progressing and I'm interested to see where it will go next.

Edited by Kevin
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh I forgot about Welcome to Ponyville! All the talk of anti-Spike abuse made me forget to write about it.

It was very fun actually. Its cool to have a game where you interact with the characters from My Little Pony. For my first playthrough, I decided to play as how I would interact with the characters if they were real... In other words, the nice guy route. I was able to befriend all of the characters in act 1.

Some of the voices range from bad to spot on. The ones I thought were really off, were Spike and Scootaloo's voices. as Kevin mentioned. Their voices sound way too mature for their ages, especially Spike's. I thought the characters, like Twilight Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie were pretty damn good, though.

For the BG Ponies, it looks like they're going for their fanon personalities, not that I find that a bad thing... Though I am worried I'll see the Tardis sometime soon what with the subtle references of Dr. Hooves being the Doctor himself.

Oh god, the nightmare scenes. I'm wondering what they heck those are all about... Goddamn they're freaking scary! It's probably not what you'd want a little girl to be playing, considering it's supposed to be somewhat darker and edgier than the actual show. XD At least they're not planning to make it too extreme.

It's a tad short, but there seems to be a ton of replay value... I hear that depending on how you treat certain characters, others will treat you differently. (For example if you're rude to Apple Bloom, chances are that Applejack wont like you very much or If you cheer up Trixie after first encountering her, then Twilight Sparkle will have respect for you.)

Overall, a very fun play. Once I get the chance this week, I'll play another game to see what else it has.

• Thumbs Up 1

I interrupt this conversation about game genres I'll never touch in my life Welcome to Ponyville to bring you this:

MFW video:

mlfw3637-1330097145371495.gif

It could use some work but DAT DISCORD VOICE...

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 8

Almost every time I enter this thread feeling like I should make a post, Gato's avatar appears and makes me completely forget what I was thinking about.

IT'S SO GOD DAMNED ADORABLE.

Uh... okay, now that I've gotten that out of the way... yeah, I played the "Welcome to Ponyville" demo/act 1. It's about as good as I expected. The writing is a bit predictable, but not terribly so. The graphics are basic and crude, but not distractingly so. The only real standouts were the voice acting and music, for completely opposite reasons.

The voice acting is almost uniformly bad, with some notable exceptions. It isn't a matter of the VAs not sounding like the original characters, it's a matter of many of them just not knowing how to voice act. I won't mention specifics, but I think others have already pointed out some of the most glaring. Best performances so far have been Vinyl, Twilight, and Derpy... oh god, I fell in love with Derpy's voice.

The music is amazing though. As in, stop right in your tracks and just soak it in amazing. Luckily, all of the music is stored in easily accessed formats, so you can listen to the songs without having to play the game. Only possible complaint I have is that some of the songs don't fit the scenes they are in very well; for example, one song starts off very peaceful, and was used for a quiet nighttime scene. But I idled on that scene for awhile, and eventually the track progressed into a really fast and lively jazz piece. It was so incongruous that I started laughing.

• Thumbs Up 1

As I sit here in college, screwing around on my computer and trying to keep RCT 3 from exploding my GPU and listening to Journey, I'm watching someone have their HP out with a big group surrounding it watching the second Pony Anthology video.

Trippy as hell.

Unfortunately, I missed ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATAT WATA!

Almost every time I enter this thread feeling like I should make a post, Gato's avatar appears and makes me completely forget what I was thinking about.

IT'S SO GOD DAMNED ADORABLE.

Uh... okay, now that I've gotten that out of the way... yeah, I played the "Welcome to Ponyville" demo/act 1. It's about as good as I expected. The writing is a bit predictable, but not terribly so. The graphics are basic and crude, but not distractingly so. The only real standouts were the voice acting and music, for completely opposite reasons.

The voice acting is almost uniformly bad, with some notable exceptions. It isn't a matter of the VAs not sounding like the original characters, it's a matter of many of them just not knowing how to voice act. I won't mention specifics, but I think others have already pointed out some of the most glaring. Best performances so far have been Vinyl, Twilight, and Derpy... oh god, I fell in love with Derpy's voice.

The music is amazing though. As in, stop right in your tracks and just soak it in amazing. Luckily, all of the music is stored in easily accessed formats, so you can listen to the songs without having to play the game. Only possible complaint I have is that some of the songs don't fit the scenes they are in very well; for example, one song starts off very peaceful, and was used for a quiet nighttime scene. But I idled on that scene for awhile, and eventually the track progressed into a really fast and lively jazz piece. It was so incongruous that I started laughing.

Burt is best Pony.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

As I sit here in college, screwing around on my computer and trying to keep RCT 3 from exploding my GPU and listening to Journey, I'm watching someone have their HP out with a big group surrounding it watching the second Pony Anthology video.

Trippy as hell.

That feeling when I'm in Art History, not paying attention at all, and doodling Derpy. Then I looked around the room a bit, and the classmate on my right is on his Mac looking through Derpy pictures on Derpibooru.

And then someone else confronted me about my doodle.

And then I learned that about 40% of my Art History class is composed of MLP fans.

Edited by Pinkamina
  • Thumbs Up 8

I'm pretty much find with the voices from Welcome to Ponyville. the only one that bothered me was Scootaloo and only for a bit.

But other than that, I pretty much agree with everything Lyra said. Good game so far.

Except for the Doctor part. I would be ecstatic to see the Tardis. Or more of the Doctor in general really. Hopefully, we'll see more of him in future acts.

EDIT: I was gonna post something with Matt Smith reblogging a Pinkie Pie pic, but it turns out it was just an impersonator...

=(

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings

So I picked up a Wonderbolts sweatshirt today when I was at the mall. I thought it looked pretty neat, but it has these horrible ear things on the hood that look like ears from Piglet from Winnie the Pooh or something, so gonna cut them off. Should serve as a cheap and easy Halloween costume this year, as well as a good sweatshirt for the winter that I needed badly, <3.

handsome_jack__s_diamond_pony_by_pixelkitties-d5fgg2d.png

From Borderlands 2:

Hey! How -- ah, these pretzels suck. How's your day been buddy? We haven't really talked since I left you for dead. Hey, you think you'll freeze to death out there? Nah, probably not. The bandits will get you first. My day? It's been pretty good. Just bought a pony made of diamonds because I'm rich. So, you know. That's cool. Kay bye!

I'm rackin' my brain trying to think of a name for that diamond pony I bought. I was going to call it 'piss-for-brains' in honor of you, but that just feels immature. Maybe... 'Butt Stallion'? Nah, that's even worse. Tell ya what, I'll give it some more thought.

I'm really glad I wasn't the only one thinking of Rarity when Jack brought up his diamond pony.

• Thumbs Up 7