Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

TWO BEST SISTERS PLAY RESIDENT EVIL 4

HAHA, I totally did that "fish shooting" thing to my friend once. Totally freaked him out.

Pfffffft.

And there's another way the H-B kick has helped; I actually know who Paul Lynde is. John DiMaggio mimicking him is not something I expected though.

And there's another way the H-B kick has helped; I actually know who Paul Lynde is.
I felt like I was having Samurai Pizza Cat flashbacks.

So uh...I don't think this has been posted. Which is a shame. Seriously, just...just watch it. You won't regret it, I promise.

*TGnPBender.avi*

Why does this fit so well?

Now I know how I want Trixie to be portrayed in fanfics... Speaking of which...

xGanj.png

"The Living Tombstone" edition.

dat obscure title...

Saying Goodbye: (Oneshot)

Pretty short and kind of disappointing story...

Applejack suddenly (well not so, but we didn't know about it til now) has a disease that only grants her a few hours of life, she spends her last hours writing a series of letters and give them to her friends and sister, all of them except Spike but who cares about him anyway?

The last scene is a timeskip, we don't know a lot about what happened before this but we get to see how Apple Bloom is doing nowadays, apparently not so well since Big Mac left her the moment AJ died and even the crusaders want her out of the farm...

The story ends in a kind of open spot saying that AB will try to keep the farm running no matter how hard things get...

And that's it.

I think the story falls flat in a lot of points, but that might be because I expected something similar to "that fic where Pinkie gets diabetes which name I can't remember", something that would show many ways of dealing with loss and maybe thrown a bit more story about how AB lives without her sister, how her friends try to help her (which apparently, wasn't so much of the case right here), maybe a monologue about how Mac decided to be a jerk and leave her little sister and her old as heck grandmother to bear with the whole thing...

It seems like IJAB just wanted to focus AJ's and Bloom's bond, but I don't think it worked so well either.

All in all a kind of meh story.

*not rated*

Applejack is Allergic to Apples: (Oneshot)

Exactly what it says in the tin!

Kind of funny story (might work as a mini episode or a comic, yeah, I think a comic) about AJ developing an unexpected allergy.

I'm not sure how I feel about AJ being writen as a mare who is kind of obsessed with apples, but I'll let it go just for comedy's sake.

The story is all in all a nice tale with a nice explanation about the main problem, most readers might be able to tell what's wrong way before the actual ending but hey! That kind of adds to the show-like feel IMO. XD

I also find amusing how at the end AJ pretty much had a foodgasm, gave me flashbacks of Toriko (a manga that I should go back to read at some point... same goes with a lot's of other series, I kind of left manga behind once I got too busy with other stuff).

But anyways, a nice short tale to read.

*not rated*

Another Day for the Whooves: (Completed!)

Fun story about this dysfunctional fanon family. (The Dr, Derpy, Dinky and Sparkler)

There is something about dysfunctional family stories that are just fun to watch, it has a different flavor compared to all the other kinds of dysfunctional groups, maybe is the possible age difference between its members, maybe it's the fact that being a family means they are most prone to face typical situations and still make a conflict out of it (like fighting over the use of the bathroom or stuff like that), maybe there is something special about heartwarming family moments that can't be achieved in other kinds of groups...

Maybe I'm rambling too much...

This story centers around the aforementioned Whooves family and what a typical day would entail for them, of course, being a Dr.Whooves fic, this one is filled with all sorts of things that are far away from what most of us would consider typical (pretty much the main draw of the story).

And of course, being a Dr.Whooves fic is filled with timey wimey shenanigans and all that sorts of things that make me question why wasn't he involved of most of the in universe stuff that threatens Equestria... *sigh* ... Same problem I tend to have with all the Whooves fics, and with Whooves as a character in general.

But if you can get over that you have a quite interesting read ahead of you, not much of a story, not much of a conflict, but a nice, fun day spent with this family.

(kind of makes you wish it had more episodes)

*not rated*

The Feather of Fire:

Nothing much to talk about this one, the latest episode explains a bit about the artifact story and how it came to be... We've also found out Daring is some sort of "Chosen one", I'd like to think MDW isn't another one but that seems to be the most likely case right now, still, I'll reserve my judgement til I see how it goes. (if it even goes that way)

Also, we still don't know about why the Collectionist wants them (if he ever has an ulterior motive beyond collecting the things).

I'm quite intrigued by this tale, I really hope to see more of it.

The Third Generation:

This is getting kind of hard to follow...

Basically Discord might have planned his own defeat in order to revive the towers that are able to rip a hole in the universe itself letting things like the Mother Ursas get in, not only that, he might have been planning this from before his first imprisonment, Nightmare Moon might have also had something to do with this (since it was dropped by Luna that Discord saw what was going on inside of her).

blink.png

I can only wait and see how the G3 ponies fit into all of this.

Background Pony:

Even an entire year of understanding new things couldn’t prepare me for what happened next...

This chapter...

357ejx.jpg

Have I ever told you about Skirts amazing skill to grab a knife, stab you and find multiple ways to twist the wound over and over again making each stab more painful than the previous one?

Well, this chapter is what happens when he stops using the knife and grabs a Last Survivor.

This 40k words leviathan is a hell of an episode, counting with a main story, a back story and a sub story and playing wonderfully with all of them.

Enter Snips who, in another piece of headcanon I will never be able to accept, has an abusive father. At some point in the episode Lyra finds out about this and tries her best to save the little colt, of course, her cursed existence gets in ther way many, MANY times... Driving the mint unicorn to the point of rage against the heavens and dang near the despair event horizon... heck... Almost turning her into a well-intentioned extremist (giving me some serious Kira vibes in some lines). >_>

You think that's hard? Let's see at the backstory with Moondancer, who also happened to come from am abusive family, whose father in the end got kicked but years later comes back because her mother couldn't live without him, years later his father dies and Moondancer is obviously wrecked about the emotional blender inside of her. During this time she has some cute infance/friendship times with Lyra, she has a fight with her because the mint unicorn can't do anything remotely useful about it (something I confess I've seen myself into at some point so it might have hit me harder than to the average reader) and at the end being a crying mess pleading to Lyra to never leave her, if anything, just so she doesn't become like her father... Guess what happened in this story and whose absence ended up breaking a long time friendship? The fact that we never know what happened to Moondancer after that chapter makes it all the more hurting, this one is the most hidden stab in the whole chapter and maybe the one that hurts the most for me. >_>

Oh, you want more? After finally getting Snips out of the hellhole he was living they seem like they are going to finally get some rest, in fact, the school is taking a travel to Canterlot, to see the gardens and... uh oh...

HER BELOVED RETURNS! HER BELOVED RETURNS! HER BELOVED RETURNS! HER BELOVED RETURNS! HER BELOVED RETURNS! HER BELOVED RETURNS! HER BELOVED RETURNS! HER BELOVED RETURNS! HER BELOVED RETURNS! HER BELOVED RETURNS! HER BELOVED RETURNS! HER BELOVED RETURNS! HER BELOVED RETURNS! HER BELOVED RETURNS! HER BELOVED RETURNS! HER BELOVED RETURNS! HER BELOVED RETURNS! HER BELOVED RETURNS! HER BELOVED RETURNS!

The Sweetie Chronicles: Fragments:

Words can't describe the joy I felt when I saw this one updating.

I like how this one turned out, maybe it could have been better since one would expect Sweetie's stance in the wasteland to be more traumatic but it's hard to think like that when you spend your time next to someone like Puppysmiles.

Oh yeah, we are going to the hilarious (and quite depressing if you look enough into it) world of FALLOUT EQUESTRIA: Pink Eyes.

*Here would it go a track I used for a long part of the fic, but it turns out I can't find it, so have something similar enough*

Let The Winds Blow - PSO:EPIII OST (Used at a very spoilerish and very near the end point of Pink Eyes)

So yeah, I feel Sweetie could have experienced the world of Fallout a bit more but it seems like I'll get my wish since it has been hinted that at some point she might end up with Blackjack OF ALL THE PONIES.

Speaking of Somber (the author of Project Horizons) this fic's core Rarity is making me think about Simply Rarity, not in the way of how her backstory works but more about the incredibly depressing situation she finds herself in... I mean... fuck... She really fell low, I mean, she almost kills herself with pills...

But all of this kind of contributes to that rollercoaster feel this fic has (though, I still feel the suicide attempt was kind of overkill >_> ... Ouch), this chapter also had some pretty clever references hidden here and there (most of them I admit I had to read the comments to know about them.. Though in my defense, I don't remember reading most of the stories mentioned there DX ) and the promise of a... Quite interesting encounter in the next one.

Hope I don't have to wait months for that one >_>

Of Steam Gears And Wings:

Pretty much what I said about last chapter still stands here (not like you even remember what I said back there, but I'm feeling lazy right now), this one feels like watching Star Wars... Maybe with another movie thrown in... Those who read this story might know which movie I'm talking about...

You lived up to your name Kami Kaze...

Annnd that's it for today, next time I'll try to post about an Overcast, forgotten stories from Lemur Day, Shooting stuff, some Discord mindscrew and Donut Joe getting mixed up in the weirdest situations...

Also, as I'm posting this, I've realized I lost the review I wrote for Mission Implausible...

*BUH SUM APPLES!*

• Thumbs Up 1

So uh...I don't think this has been posted. Which is a shame. Seriously, just...just watch it. You won't regret it, I promise.

http://youtu.be/8Ebha1NW5t0

Audio taken from this video, apparently.

THERE WAS ANOTHER BLIND READING AND I WAS NOT INFORMED OF THIS!? For those who missed last time,

• Thumbs Up 4

The Great and Powerful Bender had me rolling on the floor with laughter. It's always good to know that the VA's have a sense of humor.

• Thumbs Up 3

Remember that Jerry Springer thing that popped up a few months ago? Well it turns out he couldn't get any real bronies so he hired some obvious actors (Rainbow Dash with a horn? She is not a brony) Here's a few clips. It honestly was not as disastrous as I thought...at least from what I can tell from these clips

i swear this show is for girls.......guess not

Whether or not a show is 'for' anyone is irrelevant as long as it's entertaining. :B There reasons why people enjoy it.

And gender roles are dumb, anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember what Wolfy had for a sig/avatar yesterday and didn't remember it being anything worth bringing to attention.

*goes one page back*

GENIUS.

• Thumbs Up 3

HOLY CRAP!

Wolfy, your sig and avatar are, like, staring at each other.

It's making me question all of time, space and the universes.

It's freaking me out, man.

Now speaking of old things...

http://www.equestria...l#idc-container

First post of EQD. Yeah. I'm that bored right now...

http://www.equestria...ally-named.html

http://www.equestria...2012/01/oh.html

http://www.equestria...pinkie-pie.html

http://www.equestria...tria-girls.html

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

I tend to have a habit of changing my avatar and sig like every 3-5 days since there's just too many Rainbow Dash pics on Derpibooru I fall in love with D:

Aw, too bad I need to post like the exact same amount of lines every time to have RD and AJ's eyes meet perfectly.

There!

• Thumbs Up 7

Okay, guys.

I figured it out.

I was laying in bed last night when it hit me.

I figured out who the person/pony/thing in the nightmares in Welcome to Ponyville is.

You ready for a crazy theory?

Theory: The unnamed entity in the nightmares of Welcome to Ponyville is...

tumblr_lumx50lfFi1qho495.png\

The Observer from Tribe Twelve.

Now before people raise objections and all that, I also have stuff to support my theory. Ready for you're mind to be blown again?

ONE: Similar Appearance

tumblr_lumx41VQyh1qho495.png

headfo_Creepy_Sill_By_Patrrick.png

I mean, isn't it blatantly similar? Both appear like a shadow except for their eyes and grin. Not too mention they even both have pretty long hair. I mean, it is a pretty generic design but it's pretty damn close, right?

Now we can't really tell but even if that character doesn't have glasses, their is an explanation for it. There's a theory( or well more like, a fact) that the observer uses people as vessels. For example in Tribe Twelve, his vessel is thought by many, even Noah himself, to be Noah's best friend, Kevin.

Kevin.jpg

It's been noted by Noah that ever since he was being stalked by the Observer, that Kevin grew his hair out and got glasses like the Observer. So it could be assumed that the Observer is just using the body of another pony as a vessel like he used Kevin.

Two: Their laughs

There's also one little other characteristic of them that match pretty well. They both laugh like a damn maniac. Let me show you two videos to prove my point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWXjlDzVRDg

Go to 9:02 and listen to the character's laugh. very manic and high pitched. Very Joker-like.

Now, look at the latest Tribe Twelve video.

Go to 7:48 and listen to his the Observer's laugh. Notice how similar it is. Again very high pitched, manic and joker-like. Disturbingly similar to the character in Welcome to Ponyville.

Now we get to the real evidence.

Three: Their connection to nightmares

Okay, so the character in Welcome to Ponyville has only appeared in nightmares so far. This makes him pretty related to nightmares whether this theory is right or not. Well, the Observer is related to nightmares as well.

Early on, Noah stated he was having a very awful nightmare. Well, at one point, The Observer took over Noah's twitter and posted up a bunch of pictures including profiles of a group he is apart of called the Collective, the crime scene photo of Noah's cousin Milo and one more.

250px-296510910.jpg

Noah drew this after having the dream.

250px-517500287.jpg

The Observer posted this on Twitter.

The Observer's videos and images always have eyes and the symbol under Noah is the Observer's symbol. That strongly suggests he has control over nightmares and can appear in them. Just like the character from Welcome to Ponyville.

Four: Distortion of reality

This one is admittedly a bit less solid of a reason and holds up on a What if? basis.

So let's say that the unnamed character is behind the changing wind. this would mean that he has some type of control over reality, correct. Well if that is the case then that only gives him one more similarity to the Observer.

As i mentioned, the Observer is pretty powerful. he can control nightmares, disappear and reappear like some sort of teleportation and even when he appears in the real world in the videos, he is still a silhouette. So is it that far fetched that he could change weather?

Conclusion

So there's my little theory about the unnamed character from Welcome to Ponyville. Is it a bit early to be making such guesses? Yeah. Is it still fun? Yeah.

I just had to share this theory after coming up with it while in bed last night. The more I thought about it, the more I liked it and the more it fit together. Whether you believe it or not, the characters really do seem to have a decent amount of similarities. Similar appearance, laugh and powers. Considering the guys behind this put in a Resident Evil reference, I wouldn't be surprised if they liked horror stuff like Tribe Twelve and the character was inspired at least a little bit by the Observer.

And hey, if this gets debunked, there's always more theories to make....

... It's totally Sethisto, isn't it?

Tribe of Twelve? They're part of the Slenderman mythos right? If this theory turns out to be true, could we be seeing "Slendermane" in a future installment?

Anyways, I decided to play through the game as a jerk... Oh wow, did I feel horrible Insulting Fleur de Lis, pretty much telling Rarity I didn't want to be her friend, demanding my money from Fluttershy, and making Trixie cry from telling her that nobody likes her and to get out of town, (Though the scene after that with a certain guest star was hilarious,) I felt so bad (Especially the Trixie part.) that I played through a second time as a nice guy.

Yea, I'm I'm a loser. :P

XD

• Thumbs Up 3

Yes, Tribe Twelve is part of the Slenderman Mythos. And yes, Observer works for Slendy so if my theory is true, Slendy is not far behind.

Anyway, speaking of Welcome to Ponyville, anyone see Equestrian gaming's review of it? they gave it a four out of ten. Brutal.

http://www.equestria...ille-act-1.html

Watch in amazement as Shadix's head rolls around and as he morphs in to a pony car while his head still rolls.

3:11

Seriously. they need to keep these rough animations. It's hilarious! XD I freaking laughed out loud. that's a hard thing to do.

Anyways, I decided to play through the game as a jerk... Oh wow, did I feel horrible Insulting Fleur de Lis, pretty much telling Rarity I didn't want to be her friend, demanding my money from Fluttershy, and making Trixie cry from telling her that nobody likes her and to get out of town, (Though the scene after that with a certain guest star was hilarious,)

Eh, doesn't sound too bad, they're just fictional characters after al--

wait

making Trixie cry from telling her that nobody likes her and to get out of town

*unfriends you...oh wait you're not in my SSMB friends' list, uh...* *adds you to friends just to unfriend you* >:UUUU

Seriously though, knowing me I wouldn't be able to say anything mean, at least on my first playthrough. Whenever I'm given options like that in games, I tend to go for the nicest possible answer (which is, of course, the "correct" response...most of the time). I'd like to say I'm that nice IRL but uh...yeah.

I'm thinking of giving Welcome to Ponyville a shot, but maybe I should wait for more updates. Hmmmm.

• Thumbs Up 2

Prehistoric Pony: The Early Days of the Show.

http://mlponies.com/....php?f=2&t=1138

Very interesting stuff. I reccon that the guy who invented the name "Derpy Hooves" must be real proud!

One thing i would like to know is where, when and how a certain yellow background pony came to be called "Bon Bon". As im sure we all know by this point, the character was named after a character with a similar color scheme and cutie mark from the rather obscure My Little Pony Tales cartoon from 1992. So said background character must have been named by someone with previous knowledge of the MLP franchise, which leads me to believe that the character wasnt named by a member of the new wave of pony fans (bronies) but by someone from the old pony fanbase, and that bronies caught wind of this and accepted the name. And since (i believe) the background ponys name was universally accepted very early on, this would suggest that there might have been some interaction between the early 4chan-centric brony community and the old fanbase. The reason im interested in stuff like this is because i sorta have "a foot in both worlds" in regards to the old-school fanbase and the bronydom, and i somehow find the relationship between these two very (very) different communities fascinating.

Edited by batson