Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Do you think the Mane 6 have in universe fanclubs? As in from stallions who, for lack of a better term, "want a piece of their pie"?

I don't know about pie, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLlt8QkrFgk

...I'm pretty sure these ponies wanna "taste the rainbow".

If%20you%20know%20what%20I%20mean..png

Edited by SweeCrue
  • Thumbs Up 6

There are no yellow lights in Equestria...

I love Wild Fire.

And my favorite anime gets Derp'd:

18960__safe_pinkie-pie_rarity_animated_reaction-image_putting-your-hoof-down_jaw-drop_it-quo-s-beautiful.gif

Edited by Snatcher2047
  • Thumbs Up 4

That's a very odd thing to ask. I mean the answer is so obviously "yes".

No but seriously, lolwut?

Well...

I dunno, it just popped into my head while I was reading a Fimfiction.

Besides, it kinda struck me as odd that the most of the Mane 6 don't seem to have any visible admirers, although I suppose that could be chalked up to the fact that the show is aimed at a younger audience.

Goes to show how much the idea of the Instant Fanclub that I usually see in Anime/Manga has affected my thought process regarding these things.

Edited by Forten Neintiinain

Surely she is possessed

Well...

I dunno, it just popped into my head while I was reading a Fimfiction.

Besides, it kinda struck me as odd that the most of the Mane 6 don't seem to have any visible admirers, although I suppose that could be chalked up to the fact that the show is aimed at a younger audience.

Goes to show how much the idea of the Instant Fanclub that I usually see in Anime/Manga has affected my thought process regarding these things.

• Thumbs Up 4

Hey guys, check out this skill tree from the upcoming Borderlands 2 DLC. See how many MLP references you can find!

http://www.borderlan...chromancer.html

Ok, I'm going to finish up the story with Zero first.

Then I'll make the Mechromancer my main character.

I can't wait to hear her quips and one-liners.

Edited by Pinkamina

Do you think the Mane 6 have in universe fanclubs? As in from stallions who, for lack of a better term, "want a piece of their pie"?

Fluttershy had her fans, and maybe Starswirl the bearded in universe.

*eeenope.avi*

Applejack never gets a break.

pffft...

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA....

Oh man, I can't believe I just made a post a few days ago about not wanting Spike to become a chew toy but now I'm laughing at AJ being treated by the fandom as one...

I'm a horrible person. sad.png(and yeah, I can see myself getting tired of the joke if this keeps going)

Can't deny Peter's rhyme was awesome though.

Fluttershy had her fans, and maybe Starswirl the bearded in universe.

(might be misusing the word here) Ironically, as venerated as he seems to be by Twilight and some Canterlot Scholars (if a whole archive in the library named after him is anything to go by) the first time we heard of him is in a book of "obscure unicorn history", Clover seems to be the one who got popular for being part of Equestria's foundation.

Also, I'm not sure if venerating or respecting what we call in my country a "proser" is similar to having a fan club... Still, I won't rule out the possibility.

Also, I feel like being a non brony and playing Mechromancer is going to be a pain, since the average 13 year old gamer will think you are one of us. >_>

Anyway, tomorrow is a day that marks... Something... I can't remember why it was important (if it was at all), but I'm not going to be able to be here since yet another big PSO2 update is coming (one that might ruin the whole game economy as we know it) and I kind of want to see how it goes. So instead of having to deal with me for that day I think I'll be extra annoying today and give you some walls of text, you guys love walls of text right?

No?

Too bad.

xGanj.png

"Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hoof-Grenade of Amity towards thy foe, who, being unloved in my sight, shall be filled with Love & Tolerance until the proverbial manure be expelled." edition.

Yeah, I copy paste'd that from somewhere else.

The Steadfast Sky:

Welp...

That didn't last long XD

I guess this isn't the end since it looks like the Overcast Arc thing is still going but the whole Celestia's plan (if you can call it like that) to take down the stallion crumbled in... like... Seconds XD

I'm really not sure what to think of it... I guess I should be happy for having such a strange yet threatening antagonist while at the same time being a bit curious about how our heroes will react once this is all over and have time to think about the trainwreck Celly lead them into.

I'm still loving this one. smile.png

Nopony Needs To Know: (Oneshot)

AKA Skirts playing with feelings again.

The story begins as something innocent enough, with Dash wanting to do AJ a favor and experience the feeling of flying... Then one day AJ finally agrees, and from that point things start going in the way we are used to read from this guy...

It turns out AJ wanted to meditate a bit, think, experience, and kind of be a little selfish a for a moment like a life like the one Dash leads, since she is free, strong, brave and all that sort of things a pony who is chained to a farm (despite loving it) can't do... This is all related to her parents death and how much she had to grow up all of sudden.

Until this point this is the standard(?) AJ sadfic, maybe a bit bellow it since all the emotional release feels kind of predictable and I don't feel like it happens with a good reason, but then, everything changed when the fire nation Rainbow Dash had her very own confession to make. It turns out that her relationship with her parent was less than stellar and she didn't even flinched the moment the old man died, even more, instead of attending to his last moments she sent a note to the doctors sayin "Good Ridance"... While all of this made me go WTF a little I still feel like the way she acted back then worked for this story, since it's made to contrast to AJ and how much she loves her parents even when they left her on her own like that.

After the whole interchange both ponies admit they respect and admiration for each other, but at the same time they also admit their weaknesses and how much they wish they could be like the others, and maybe the best moment in the story since both realize they are looked up as dependable, strong, reliable and all around awesome ponies (and neither of them wants to get that vision their friends have to crumble, they still want to be that shoulder their friends can always lay on)... So how do they go after all of this happened?

The 2 mares promise to never tell this to anyone, Nopony Needs to Know about this.

I really, really loved that title drop and how well it was implemented.

So while I don't think it was so much of a sadfic I think it does some things right, and I think everyone should check this one out, especially if you are the kind of person who thinks friendshipping is the best kind of shipping.

Rating: 3 Stars

Background Pony:

f36.png

That's strange. What was I writing about just now?

flip floping... flip floping everywhere...

I shall explain myself, the whole first part of the chapter felt like Lyra was actually scared by Discord's chaos but the whole cartoonish stuff it was going on didn't let me feel the "horror", of course, this also applied to the FiM episode itself where all sort of horrifying things were happening but me as a viewer I could only laugh at the hilarity that the chaos ensued.

This keeps going for a while, even after Discord is introduced, but then the draconeequs finds about the Nightbringer and here is where things start getting juicy.

We begin with the standard mindbuck (for the sake of avoid using a stronger word) I've come to expect from stories starring Discord, all of it with the little stash of mind horror and torture that I've come used to reading and enjoy from time to time, of course, this goes up a level when Lyra brings up the game and it becomes an incredibly epic one that only keeps escalating (and becoming more horrifying) as it goes (kind of made me think of mundane made awesome). It all concludes with one of the most badass moments of the story with Lyra playing the song in front of him (and breaking him... You know... Breaking Discord)...

Like Lyra, it also took me a while to realize what the lovable unicorn just did but once the first brick hits you... wow!

Then another flip, this one gives a really nice backstory to Discord and Her, explaining how they met, how did Discord ended up as he was and why was he doing all of this to begin with, the tragic truth that is unveiled in front of me hits me like a freaking wall, the whole cryptic dialogue and implications near the end doesn't help at all... Still.. This might be the first fic I've seen that managed to pull Discord as an antihero! Props to that!

But then it comes the ending... That is the moment when the whole house comes crumbling down in my head and makes me realize that all this time I had a wooden ceiling... How crazy is that?

Oh yeah my mind was blown too! Give me a break! I have brains on my splinters. pinkiecrazy.png

SO MCUH REFRENCS1

Dancing On Silver Strings: (Oneshot)

Interesting story that deals with a side of Celestia some of us think it's there (and unlike all the other pieces of fanon, this one has a chance of being true) and that's the chessmaster side of her, that plots meetings and gala's and stuff like that for the greater good, or just to amuze her...

All that is nice and well I guess, after all, she (and Luna) is the closest thing we have to a god and in all her infinite wisdom she has led us to nothing but an era of peace, friendship and cake...

Right?

Well, that might or not be true (not really the focus of the story, sorry for the random babbling) , but what if we actually take another look at this side of Celly I've presented you?

That's what this fic is all about, and it does it in a quite interesting way.

Full with ambiguous truths and 2 unreliable narrators this story makes a good job at exposing Celestia as a chessmaster. I was about to reefer this as a dark side of her but this fic never does such a thing... It just leaves the possibility of that being there, which I say is quite impressive.

It's an open ended tale done right and leaves a lot of room to talk about what might or not be true (remember, the 2 characters in this piece aren't so reliable).

Another thing I loved about this story was the way Celestia defeated Discord, most of us guess she sent the letters to Twilight and actually praised her for that but the way she pulls that move in this story was quite good, first word that popped in my mind when I read that was "Keikaku" (which means "plan", FYI), I think you know what I mean.

So yeah, good story. I kind f wish this was somehow related with Heavenly Turmoil, with a few tweaks here and there these 2 would go really well together and would actually fix what (IIRC) was the only problem I had with that story.

Oh well... *headcanon's*

Rating: 3 Stars

Treasure in The West: (Sequel!)

I don't think I have a lot to say about this one yet, except that it looks like we are going to have an epic ride, the first part was like a Western/Indiana movie (yes, Indiana is it's own movie genre, shut up) with a little more emphasis on the first universe, this one is going for the latter...

Or at leas that's what the epic villian team up seems to imply...

Or at least that's what I wish for... I still want to know what the whole pyramid thing was all about. :l

Another Wedding! Extra Sprinkles!: (Oneshot)

Spike is confused, after the Changeling episode this whole wedding business still doesn't really sit with him, isn't marriage when 2 people want to live together?

Spike thinks about it and with a little help of some of his friends he comes up with the conclusion that there is 1 pony he wouldn't mind spending the rest of his life with... And that pony is Donut Joe, who makes the best non gem food in all of Equestria!

This can only end well...

At the beginning it looks like one of those cute stories brimming with innocence and the fun stuff kids can do.

Then you read Joe's reaction...

It's still kind of funny, but I'd pass this one unless your mind was already way too contaminated by shipfics and most of the implications of these one don't really phase you anymore...

*not rated*

And that's it for Fanfiction Time! Next time I might talk about memories, The Phantom of the Opera, the number 42, baldness and mysterious voices in AJ's head.

Edited by gato

It's all about the pony.

FoEnd.png

?: Technically Right is The Best Kind of Right

You might or not remember these posts, the ones I used to post each Thursday and I used them to fangasm at our comunity and how much it produces when it comes to music.

Brony musicians are pretty cool guys and they come from all kinds of places, some of them might be closer to our noses than what we think... Like the people working on the show! Those who as the days and months went have learned to stop worrying and love the pony as much of us, some (if not all) of them declare themselves to be bronies as well, so... Why shouldn't I give some time in the spotlight to these brilliant artists who put their heart and soul to make pony music in it's purest and often best form?

And so, this post goes dedicated to Daniel Ingram and William Anderson... No, the rest of the team working with them doesn't matter.

*Sadly, some of the stuff I'll post here was posted by third parties since they never, or rather, can't freely upload their stuff in the tubes like most brony musicians. If you have some time check their websites. here are the links for both Danny & Willy

Now lets start with Mr Ingram shall we?

01 ) My Little Pony: Friendships is Magic intro

I remember when I joked with the idea of starting each playlist with a remix of this song... And I can't remember the precise moment when I started to go astray from that goal. XD

But anyway, this is an interesting musical piece, for many, many reasons... I guess I'm not wrong if I say that there was a time most of us just lowered the volume or just skipped whenever this one played for the first time right? Some of us grew out of that phase, others are still struggling with it, but what incites such a reaction? Is the theme too cheesy? Too girly? Is it the fact that it starts with the classic MLP jingle that automatically sets our alarms? (I don't really like the classic theme at all, but I have some sort of respect for the jingle, it might be nostalgia about the 90's overall speaking though) Is it bad? I can't tell what might go through each people's mind so I guess I'll just leave this unanswered...

In my particular case this stroke me as different. The moment this started playing I was like, "oh, it's this theme again" and then it hit the 4 seconds mark and I was like... Wow... "rockey pop-ey shenanigans" song! I guess that's the first sign this will be different than the other gens.

Then again I happen to have a high resistance to Corny/Cheesy/Kiddie stuff so... Eh...

And now that I think about it, We kind of got some original remix of this song... Like

and the Season 2 version. (hhhmmm I don't think we will have a S3 version but I'd like to hear one)

02 ) Moon Ode #1 #2 and #3

Not to be related with certain princess, this tracks come from a long time ago when Daniel had a quartet called... "The Nocturna Quartet" (sorry for being redundant there XD), the first part is a quite relaxing piece, I really love the violins but I personally don't feel they mesehd to well with the acoustic guitar. DX

Part 2 sounds a bit more sorrowful, I'd love to see some people remixing this one, I think it's awesome as it is but I would love to see a version with more instruments.

The third part sounds more... Happy... Hopeful I think might be the right word, as it keep going it becomes more relaxing, and I guess by that it starts resembling the first part (thought with less acoustic guitar, something I'm grateful for as odd as it might sound since I usually love that instrument).

03 ) Mystery Theme Demo (Final Mix)

Not sure if it really works as a "theme", but this one sounds really awesome as a BGM.

04 )

For starters, the timing of the song influences a lot, it was the ending of the first season, they had something big going here and they had to close it with something good... And lo and behold, this song appears! Boy! This one is still one of my favorite songs in the series and I think I have enough reasons to think I'm not the only one who feels like this. The epic chorus the mesh of genres, a catchy tune that makes me think of the old Disney songs (

)... I must admit the video helped a lot too, that scene with the Wonderbolts after the Rainbow Dash part is like the cherry at the top of this... food analogy... err... thing!

Oh yeah, and Clestia flying for no reason other than her wings are so pretty... That always cracks me up for some reason.

05 ) Find a Pet

AKA We are never using an acronym for this song...

I'm not sure if many liked this one because it was more of a bunch of dialogue with music in the background, or at least from RD's side, Flutter on the other side was so happy with the idea of her friend wanting a pet that she was singing all over the place... It's one of those odd moments when you see Shy being so open about something... which makes it all the more adorable... And maybe creepy if you ask some viewers (dem faces)

I actually like this one, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud6ncrhtwns. Not to mention the Emmy thing.

06 )

I seem to be picking a lot of orchestral today, I honestly thought I was going to put Becoming Popular at some point (considering how much I love it's remixes) and I'm surprised to see myself almost closing Danny's section of the list without that song in sight (that and WWU, which was also an amazing piece)

What can I say about this one?... Despite being the first true villainous song of the series (not sure if Flim and Flam count as such) I think there are more things worth pointing out, first of all I must praise Britt's singing, this piece wouldn't be as awesome without her 2 renditions of the same voice (which manage to sound unique and similar enough) and how well she switches between the mood of both Cadence's.

The other thing I like to point is the little piano at the beginning and the horns... man those trumpets are freaking epic, especially at the ending of the song, it sounds kind of Spanish, which is something I dig... A lot. :V

(That last part kind of confused me a little since Cadence's full name is kind of Italian with one Spanish word, and gets a Spanish like song... Nowadays I like to think that either both Chrysalis and Cadence have separate themes or the pink princess is a character of mixed origins, mix matching many kinds of European themes... ... Let's say she's Spagonian and be done with it >_> )

07 ) Smile!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMgylCnqrxI

I can't say a lot about this piece that hasn't been said already, it started as a more jazzy (even with a little rap) song but in (i guess) an awesome case of miscommunication it ended up like this... Which I couldn't be more grateful for.

Smile is an pretty cool pop-like song with a really nice chorus (with some pretty clever lyrics IMO), some really good back up vocals (i heard that ripped version, it gave me feels) and an incredible orchestral ending, it also manages to compress Pinkie Pie (the pony, her brain and heart) less than 4 minutes, which is something I can only said SoGreatAndPowerful managed to pull off, but that's a topic for another time.

And yes, this song makes me smile, especially the ending... it's a beautiful piece and I can't think of another one that deserves the "Youtube" spotlight.

So... What can Mr.Anderson... Uhhh... Ohh... Okay... I ended up thinking about Matrix, anyway! What can William give to the amazing world of pony music? well I'm glad you (didn't) asked because I'm about to sow you that and a little more!

08 )

I don't care what William himself thinks about this song (far away from his favorites, actually..way at the bottom of his list), this one was and still is my favorite song of the whole series. biggrin.png

Adorable in it's own way and a quite fun piece to listen while doing something (also, kind of sounds like something I'd hear in a video game), this one is the BGM of many boring busy moments in my life. XD

Not to mention it has some really cool remixes out there, kind of a shame what we don't get to hear this one whenever the crusaders go doing their mischief (then again, I guess William wouldn't want that to happen XD)

09 )

I know a lot have heard this one in that episode and then got it stuck in their heads. Shame we don't have a real instrumental of it (Read: FIM OST pls) because I really like this one (and all the little variants it has), it fits the character to a tee. Brash, energetic, full of life and ham, FASHION! MAGICKS!

... Speaking of which...

10 )

Pretty much like in the gala song, the mix of motifs in this piece really make it stand out above the rest, my musical knowledge might be scarce but apart from the obvious reference at the beginning I can swear I hear "I want candy" in the Pinkie segment, but then it get's better, a Youtube commenter pointed Fluttershy's part might be related to

(I actually see this as a joke since Flutter's seems to know a lot about Haute Couture an... well... Debussy is French tongue.png ), also, gotta love that funky feeling, oh yeah...

I wonder if they listen to that kind of music (I guess they do, I kind of dig that side of Shy, and the fact that Rarity's magic can do auto-effects XD)

11 )

I think it was time I cut the orchestral stuff, have some awesome electronic piece powered by the magic of old anime dubs, the kind of dubs that either make you reminiscence your childhood or makes you facepalm about how this was supposed to be similar to the original dub.

I never watched this one, so I'm not in any of those sides :V

But it's a pretty cool piece isn't it?

12 ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqW-rbhYpy0

Kind of sounds like spy music >_>

While I don't think this is able to top that first animated theme of the 90's series ((In Stereo)), I think this one is a pretty good attempt. (I mean, It's awesome, but... ((In Stereo))!!! You just can't compare it! D: like I just did)

They sound kind similar at points don't they? I wonder if this is a frequent occurrence that I haven't noticed til now, I haven't been keeping up with western cartoons before pony. >_>

Anyway, this is a pretty badass theme, but I can't avoid but wonder if William can get more rocking than this?

13 ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN7_ZXdeBm0

Awwww yeah!

I (surprisingly) remember bits of this show, it was awesome. And it oozed with as much badass as 3 mouses can produce. (not to mention all that nostalgic charm some of us find about that decade)

Sadly, I couldn't find the version in William's site, which I find to be better arranged and in a higher quality, please check it out for full martian rock effect. Oh well, at least I found this one!

but I don't feel this is good enough as an ending, I think we should get more rocking... But how?... How?...

That's it! Let's add ponies! :U

14 ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx-EfT0AMuk/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBsOrNSXqgw

Both of this tracks appeared at a point in the show's life where little things surprised me, I saw ponies being badass in many sorts of ways and both Gilda's and Rainbow Dash's motifs provided me with that powerful feeling that only the rock genre (and maybe some wubswubs) can provide.

But King of the Hoard is a little above the level of previous pieces (FYI yes, I listened to Wolfy's piece posted a few days ago, and yes, it was awesome). I've read some comments pointing to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFb9WhlGzn4... I'm the kind of fan that sees references everywhere so I'd rather not give an opinion about this. tongue.png

Fluttershy's montage it's all kinds of amazing too! And it comes with what in my opinion is the best moment in the whole season, I can't remember why though, but the mix of incredibly badass music (seriously, try to do anything while this music is playing) and Fluttershy somehow managing to pull out the badass, funny and incredibly adorable look at the same time certainly helped. (dem last seconds.... *internet diabetus* )

But yeah, I think this ones are good enough to close this list.

And so, we conclude this peculiar and "totally not made in the spot" episode of B-Side It's the best around! Nothings gonna keep it down!

And yeah, I still owe you The Playlist, Episode 14: Chingón... hope I can post it this Thursday (though I most likely won't >_>)

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm double posting and you can't stop me!!1!

It has been 2 years... Can you believe that?

Well, at least for some. I wasn't here when that happened... What I was doing 2 years ago? The forum itself can't remember that so you can't expect me to do so right? >_>

But regardless of my past activities, even if I got a little late into the fandom doesn't mean I can't look back at the not so old times and feel those not so nostalgic emotions can't i?

G9TWN.png

Overanalyzing does not rest on me making friends.

Besides, I kind of missed making this posts...

Episode 1: Friendship Is Magic (Part 1)

I spent at least 2 minutes thinking if I should spoil this or not... Eh...

The story begins with a nice introduction to the world and the legend that will set all the events that we were going to witness...

It is unknown at what point this happened but we know this occurred in the already existing realm of Equestria, 2 sisters used to rule together over the land and bring harmony to all the ponies living there (as if they needed it... hmmmm), the older sister raised the sun and the younger one brought up the night.

THE END.

Myyyy little pooo-

Okay, maybe this gen's story isn't so shallow after all...

It turns out the younger sister became resentful about the way things were going, ponies played and lived in her sisters day, but not one even dare to look and/or appreciate her night, in fact, most ponies just slept all over it so they could come back with full strength to enjoy her sisters day!

This obviously can't keep going like this, in what some might consider a bout of madness the younger sister decides that the ebst way the ponies could appreciate her night is if it weren't such a thing as a day! And so, she refuses to lower the moon... The elder obviously tried to reason with her but something inside the young princess changed... Or rather, she was no longer there... In her place a wicked (just for the sake of keeping things PG and not mention how omnicidal that thing was) mare of darkness replaced her, a mare known... as Nightmare Moon...

lol puns, I never thought about them the first time I saw this episode, thank you TV Tropes!

Anyway, her sister saw herself with no other option but to use the most powerful magic known to ponykind. The elements of harmony! using the power of the elements she banished her sister to the moon (apparently, forever). The elder sister took responsibility for both sun and moon and this is how Harmony was restored and mantained for generations since...

THE END.

Myyyy little pooo-

Okay! Okay! I'll stop. >_>

This whole thing is just an old story book that a purple unicorn named Twilight Sparkle was reading, she seems to have some knowledge about these elements, but she can't really remember from where... (Suddenly I had a vision of Twi being an element her entire life and being connected to them from the beginning, or Celestia giving little lessons here and there about them... I wonder if this was ever explored in fanfiction).

She quickly goes to her study (while ignoring other ponies invitation to a party) and looks for an old copy of predictions and prophecies (wow, never noticed she was actually looking for an old copy, wonder why?) which her just introduced assistant Spike finds, the section about the elements sadly don't seem to bring any answer, but it points her to the prophecy behind the Mare In The Moon, it turns out this is the very same story she just read but it adds a ominous warning, in the longest day of the thousandth year the stars will help her escape and she will bring nighttime eternal... Twilight quickly notices the connection between the 2 stories and decides to warn the princess about the upcoming catastrophe, some comedy and pretty clever foreshadowing latter her letter gets answered... Pretty much asking Twilight to get a life. laugh.png

Or something like that, she leaves a little recommendation to stop reading those old books (hmm, again with the old...) and tasks her with the job of overlooking the entire preparations for the upcoming Summer Sun Celebration (which happens in 2 days BTW), also, she could make some friends in the process (and yes, she put some emphasis on this sub quest)

And this is where Twilight journey's beings, after some convincing from Spike she decides that maybe she could give a try to this friendship thing and introduces herself to a random pony passing by... Who proceeds to gasp and run away like if the purple unicorn carried with herself some sort of world scale disaster.. ... ... ... Well, if anything that was rather quick, now that Twi got all that friendship silliness over with it's time to prepare for the celebration, and better be quick because she is in the middle of a quest to save the world (and she will do it, even if it has to be by herself!).

The first step is in an orchard called Sweet Apple Acres, who seems to be in charge of the catering. Twilight barely manage to get her 4 hooves inside the farm when she already encounters a pony being busy in the place, and being somewhat loud an energetic while doing so...

I'm kind of sleepy, and for some reason that came out wrong in my head... ugh...

2e25w.png

What's up with that pose? We've seen her doing that some times, is that some kind of lady-like thing from AJ? I kind of remember that kind of "pose and grace" being used by this kind of characters, or at least being educated to be as proper as possible (even if they really aren't, or at least they aren't to the same extent as others)

Anyway, Twilight introduces herself and the other pony does the same, her name is Applejack, and since they are already there she decides it would be a good idea to introduce the visitor to a big chunk of her family who happened to be there for the Apple family reunion (and I guess the Summer Sun Celebration as well) while also offering her a free sample of each specialty the family has prepared for the event! Of course, Twi is kind of hurried so she can't stay there and... huh?... Oh man she is making the little one cry... Don't you hate when that happens? Now the purple unicorn has no choice but to put the world at a side and stay with the farmers, for a while...

I guess this goes to show that despite looking as a somewhat haughty character at the beginning Twi was really doing her best to come out as a nice pony.

Anyway, a grand stomach ache later Twilight is tasked with supervising the weather, since the SSC (as I'll call it from now on) is a pretty big event it seems like a clear sky has been scheduled, unfortunately the pony in charge of the weather isn't doing so much of a good job and the sky has clouds all over the place! Just when Twi was getting ready to scold at the lazy bum behind this oversight something crashes her and sends her into a mud pit. it tuns out what crashed into her was a pegasus, who not only sent her to the mud pit, but also soaked her whole coat with a rain cloud and ruined her whole mane in a matter of seconds! The purple unicorn rightfully guesses that he pegasus in question was Rainbow Dash, who was supposed to be working on the clouds.

It turns out Rainbow was slacking on her job because she's practicing in an attempt to impress the Wonderbolts, who are going to be performing in the SSC. Of course, Twilight doesn't seem amused by the idea of a lazy bun as her being even talked by a Wonderbolt. RD takes this as some sort of insult and claims she could clear this sky in 10 seconds flat.. Twi challenges her to do so... And... She does!

8NGXE.png

My reaction was pretty much the same... Thanks again TV Tropes.

The next step on the list is decorations, who seems to be going quite smoothly and with no unnecessary delays (for once!), the pony in charge with it is a (sort of) white unicorn called Rarity... Who suddenly stops after witnessing the disastrous state of Twilight mane's and proceeds to take her to her boutique and pulls an entire make up montage on the purple pony. After some small talk (a suffocating kind of small talk) Twi reveals her origin and that white unicorn proceeds to rub her horn all over her while she gushes about how amazing Canterlot is how close they are going to be... Oh my... She is that kind of character. XD

With the promise threat of one or two long, loooong makeover session Twilight leaves the place as quickly as possible...

Once Twi is sure she is far enough from the white rampaging dinosaur (sorry, making an obscure reference there tongue.png ) she decides to check in the last item of the checklist, music! Not too long after finding about that they find the pony in charge of it who is handling a whole bird chorus for the occasion, Twilight is more than impressed by it and decides to introduce herself...

Which starts my favorite scene from the episode, I seem to enjoy awkward moments a lot and this one was brimming with it. XD

Twi is once again trying to be polite about this whole business but the pony in front of her just jeeps shying away and shrinking to the point it starts looking like a sponge with some pink curls on it...

Or at least, that's whats going on until the sponge yellow pony notices Spike, then shes sends Twilight flying and starts gushing about the idea of meeting a baby dragon (I kind of like this scene, even after watching what comes after this point, I'd make a longer statement detailing the why's of this but I'm kind of sleepy... I mean... I was sleepy a few lines above, now I'm kind of... Double sleepy), the former sponge (I just noticed that I missed the chance of call her something squaky like a rubber duck... oh well XD) introduces herself as Fluttershy and starts asking absolutely everything about baby dragons, in fact, she is more than willing to hear Spike's whole life story, which he promptly starts to tell!

An excruciating walk later Twilight finally arrives at the library and manages to brush off Fluttershy before Spike beings to make a recap of the last 16 minutes of our lives. Finally getting some time for herself Twilight decides to use if fo-SURPRISE!

It's the random pony of way back at the beginning of the episode, except that this time she starts delivering words at a gatling gun's rate while she proceeds to introduce herself as Pinkie Pie and how she planned this whole party in the library after watching Twilight for the first time and the whole reasoning behind this (oh man, she knows Everypony! Suddenly I got flashbacks(?) from A Friend In Deed). Not only that, but she invited every single pony in town, including the other 4 crazy mares she met this morning! Confound these ponies! They drive her to drink!... Hot sauce... ouch...

I'm going to take a little time to mention how much I love the BGMs in these scenes, I kind of wish the one we hear at Pinkie's introduction was her "theme" of sorts (a kind of instrumental version of Giggle at the Ghostly), I also freaking loved the party music in the next scene, we don't really hear a lot of music like that inside the series.

Anyway, Twilight's plan went pretty much downhill after this point since she can't find a way to study about the elements because of this whole town being over friendly... Oh well... At least they can't get crazier... At least it can't get any worse... Oh yeah... The Mare in the Moon thing... Twi can only hope her mentor was right and this whole prophecy thing turns out to be some random nonsense.

It's finally time for the SSC and all the ponies gather to celebrate the rise of the longest day of the year! Except that the princess disappeared, in her place a black alicorn rises and... Expects ponies to remember her (it makes me think a bit about Luna and her desire for recognition)... Except that nopony seems to know about it, no one but Twilight! Who introduces her as Nightmare Moon!

Which of course... Means the black mare plans to plunge the land in everlasting night...

The... End?

FGChi.png

*Here is where the character section would go but I kind of talked about it enough in the chapter section, also, this is an introduction chapter*

ITkzi.png

I know I'm not the only one who thought of this...

And so, I conclude this episode review thingy (well, a poor excuse at it, and I can tell I'm going to regret that narrative mess I made once I'm in a more lucid state... I'm starting to remember things about this posts that I didn't enjoy so much XD ), While I've always considered these one to be the weakest 2 parter of the series (well knowing that I only posted about 1 part, let me finish!) the first part has a lot of memorable moments, like that grey pegasus who started her own peculiar road to fame or that immortalized quote about the dubious mental health of these village inhabitants, but more importantly the introduction of all the characters we have learned to love (some of them making her future actions and thoughts all the more surprising).

Some clever humor, foreshadowing, dialogue and some really good art and character designs are the kind of things that most people noticed here. It's true that I wasn't fully converted until Applebuck Season, but this episode showed the sings of something that had potential, and what made me keep going in my journey into this hell of a ride I'd later know as bronydom!

So I'd like to propose a toast!

eb8.jpg

Uhhh... Nevermind...

EDIT: No, I don't think I'll make more of those. >_>

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 5

Happy 2nd anniversary to FiM! What was I doing two years ago? I was wasting my brain cells away on the sega forums, Then in may '11 I joined here, found out about the show shortly after joining, was skeptical for like 2 months, and then lo and behold, I finally gave in to Phazon corruption and joined Dark Samus' phazon army became a brony myself. Kudos to all the staff involved with the show, past and present, and kudos to the awesome guys and gals that make up this fanbase.

Also, how bout that Missouri S&T incident? So sad, on Anon's part at least.

2 years of FiM!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/10/nightly-roundup-463.html

Now that we talk top lists here are my favorites here are mine.

1) Becoming Popular

2) Art of the Dress

3) Perfect Stallion

4) CMC Theme Song

5) Winter Wrap Up

6) At the Gala

7) This Day Aria

8) The Failure Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtCiUg8_4U4

So a few days ago I sent that Dragon Quest song I made that I posted here to Equestria Daily just to for laughs to see if I was even worth their time and whatnot. Well I just checked my email and they responded back with a simple "To the queue!" Not exactly sure what that means with how long it'll take, but I'm stoked nonetheless, <3.

• Thumbs Up 6

On the topic of FiM-songs, my favorite is Giggle at the Ghostie.

But of course, the Sea Ponies song remains the best song in the whole damn franchise, and im not even joking.

Today is the day.

t7ett4.png

That's how I found FiM with this DVD.

9s45tw.jpg

33bffi8.jpg

Let's have a look at the DVD.

Not so much to shout hooray for at extras and the cheesy vectors.

Just Scandinavian language selection and nothing else.

But the episode is the main thing.

A great way for beginners and it came with a Twililght figure.

That reuse of Benny Hill chase music and typical sat am Scandinavian dub.

All leading way to the Grand Galopping Gala later on at the S1 finale.

Edited by Applejack1973

Well I just checked my email and they responded back with a simple "To the queue!" Not exactly sure what that means with how long it'll take, but I'm stoked nonetheless, <3

I got a "To the Queue!" too last month!

2dvr2nb.jpg

And Brony Thank You Fund while we are waiting for S3.

brony_thank_you_fund_print_by_pixelkitties-d53evst.jpg

Edited by Applejack1973
  • Thumbs Up 1