Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

So there's another variant cover for the first issue of the comic.

1101565.jpg

I'm almost certain Time-Turner's (not sure how I feel about the dash, which also shows up in Hoity Toity's name, but it's not really important so...) "spoilers" is a reference to Doctor Who's River Song. Pretty cool. And hey, isn't IDW publishing Doctor Who comics...? Hmm.

Also Spitfire, Vinyl, and Hoity-Toity are all awesome, so yay!

I heard a rumour that S3 is airing on November 10th, but I can't find a source for that so...*shrug* Still, if they do announce it four weeks ahead, and it premieres on the 10th, they'll have to announce it by at least this Saturday...

Official soundtrack release strongly hinted

Return visit to Manehattan strongly hinted

Both songs we’ve seen so far (Crystal Ponies, Failure Song) are from ep 1

Meghan all but confirmed an upcoming episode that explores the ancient Celestia/Luna conflict

The amount of want I'm feeling is off the scale. In fact I'm not sure what could be any bet--

Team all but confirmed the return of Discord (not just DeLancie).

This is the greatest day of my life.

• Thumbs Up 3

Everything that was said about season three was in my "WANT" list. Seriously, that is freaking cool!

Oh and as for that variant cover, I freaking squeed at seeing Dr Whooves saying "Spoilers!". That's an awesome reference. Now way it wasn't intentional. Also you can never have too much Hoity Toity or DJ-Pon3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Od6Gx5gruI

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

Somehow I've resisted the temptation to look up the two Season 3 songs, but I'm starting to lose resolve. I assume they aren't massively spoiler-y or anything...?

Pinkie is best Sam Fisher.

cbefb8c5ff34dd8448424edeea1c295e.png

Dat clip, dem spoilers. Hype levels skyrocketed. Season 3, the time has come

my_body_is_ready.png

So fricking hyped right now!

119012__safe_rainbow-dash_artist-trinosan_reggie-fils-aime.jpg

Edited by SweeCrue
  • Thumbs Up 6

I'm still skeptical on Season 3, but that clip did quell my fears a bit, as did all the other information. November can't come soon enough.

(BTW, I finished writing my chapter. All I have to do is type it up. YAY!)

Here it is on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFBb1yDOZCA

Now I'm reallly curious about the whole "Crystal Pony" thing. And the "King Somber" guy apparently isn't around...hmmmm.

On another note, Rainbow Dash is still really impatient, Fluttershy is still shy, and Pinkie is still...whatever it is Pinkie is. Also, night vision goggles.

• Thumbs Up 4

That clip was pretty awesome and totally a cock tease for my hype of season 3. I couldn't help but notice btw, that the shine in the crystal ponies' eyes are also rigid like crystals or gems are whatever. I was thinking to myself yesterday "how am I going to tell these apart from Earth ponies aside from the random hair-do some of them have," but I guess I found it XD.

I was hoping Fluttershy would go kung-fu on those two ponies like she did with the bear in that clip but I suppose Pinkie Pie's antics will have to suffice until the full episode is aired.

Edited by Cobalt_Bolt

Holy crap, that clip!

I was already hyped as hell for this season but that clip sealed it. Seriously, the show looks as fantastic as ever, The characters are all in character(Why do people even worry that they wouldn't be? Two excellent season should give some confidence in the crew.), the BGM is great as always(William Anderson is a freaking BGM god), the humor was great(Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie practically killed me. Pinkie is best spy.) and I am really interested in the story now. I really want to see what happens and I want to know more about King Somber. Also you can't forget the fabulous animation.

Overall the season is shaping up fantastically.

Oh and hello new variant cover. You're looking awesome today.

227495_10151108654293282_264734549_n.jpg

I know some are annoyed by how many they re but I can;t complain because they all kick do much ass!

Also Ice Cap Zone almost immediately entered my mind.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 5

^Ha, I can't help but chuckle at Fluttershy's foam hoof.

Yeah, there's quite a bit of covers, but hey, I'm not complaining. I probably wont be able to collect them all, but they are all pretty nice to look at even from behind the computer screen.

And in regards to the previous one with the Doctor Who reference... I really couldn't help but grin at such a subtle yet obvious reference to Doctor Who. That's really clever. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Remember that official game announced a few months back? Here's a screenshot.

26633_532929796724462_1808779148_n.jpg

Source

Like I thought, it looks pretty simplistic, but not in an insulting, uber kid-friendly kind of way. It sounds like this might be a mini-game compilation, but it's too early to know.

• Thumbs Up 1

This... this is AMAZING! God, I love this song so much! I could listen to it forever. It's not just the song, though, it's the lyrics; the story the song tells. That's why I love it as much as I do. The lyric's are unexplainably outstanding. The entire concept of the Rainbow Factory having a dark secret is just something I really like, though I'm not sure why exactly. Maybe I just like... dark secrets? I don't know, but I like the concept, and that's that. The music video is almost a perfect visualisation of the song to me (of course, that's probably because the music video is the first thing I ever saw about the song). Also, the fanfic based off the song is really good too. I'm usually not one to read grimdark (Cupcakes and Sweet Apple Massacre are absolutely terrible, let me tell you) but this is an actually good one. However, that's probably because, as I said before, I really like this Rainbow Factory concept.

So what is the Rainbow Factory anyways? It's one of those things I never looked into because it sounded too much like Cupcakes. From what I gather, they grind colts and fillys that don't meet the standards of flight skill in some Cloudsdale exam into Rainbows is that right? I've only seen that Captain Hooks the Biker Gorilla video of it. In that case Fluttershy is awful lucky to have fallen out of that place and Scootaloo is lucky to have presumably not been born there. Saiyans send their babies off into deep space if their power level is deemed too low, but this shit puts them to shame.

227495_10151108654293282_264734549_n.jpg

I know some are annoyed by how many they re but I can;t complain because they all kick do much ass!

Also Ice Cap Zone almost immediately entered my mind.

OMG Y DA FAK IZ REIBOO DASH ONA BORED!!!!! FAK U HASBRO RUIND FOREVAR!!!!

lolsonicfanbase

Edited by The Lustful Lucario

So what is the Rainbow Factory anyways? It's one of those things I never looked into because it sounded too much like Cupcakes. From what I gather, they grind colts and fillys that don't meet the standards of flight skill in some Cloudsdale exam into Rainbows is that right? I've only seen that Captain Hooks the Biker Gorilla video of it. In that case Fluttershy is awful lucky to have fallen out of that place and Scootaloo is lucky to have presumably not been born there. Saiyans send their babies off into deep space if their power level is deemed too low, but this shit puts them to shame.

Yeah that's about right. I haven't read much of the Rainbow Factory, and I don't really plan to. Ponies slaughtering others in graphic detail, especially children, are not my Idea of a good fic. Heck, I actually got pissed off only from reading the summary for Sweet Apple Massacre, which I should mention was created by a butthurt anti-brony.

Edited by Lyra of the Undead

Yeah that's about right. I haven't read much of the Rainbow Factory, and I don't really plan to. Ponies slaughtering others in graphic detail, especially children, are not my Idea of a good fic.

It's not that graphic. Honestly, it's much less graphic than Cupcakes, and if it's not as graphic as Cupcakes, then it's no where near as graphically disgusting as Sweet Apple Massacre. Anyway, Rainbow Factory is still a good read. Apparently, there is a sequel in the works titled 'Pegasus Device'.

And it's not the fanfic I love, so much as the idea/concept and the song (oh my god, those lyrics!).

Edited by Grimchi3f

So along with the preview, it looks like some pages from the my little pony comic were at NYC comicon. I found these while browsing Derpibooru.

These are in bad quality, but these'll do for now. Someone else will probably post better quality ones if they ever turn up.

http://cdn.derpiboo...._needed_preview

The Cutie Mark crusaders are under hypnosis? Hmmm....

http://cdn.derpiboo....121060__UNOPT__

Uh oh... I think Pinkie's Snapped... quite frightening actually...

121062__safe_official_preview.jpg

We have the party cannon and Changelings here... And... Rarity using the party cannon? Huh.

121056__safe_comic_official_source-needed_preview.jpg

Lookit all them characters, even Screwball and Firefly somehow got into this panel. And also, some of these ponies are not what they appear to be...

Oh my god...

Are those the Blues Brothers on that balcony up there?

THE FREAKING BLUES BROTHERS IN MY LITTLE PONY?!

THE FRIGGING BLUES BROTHERS?!

OH MY FRIGGIN MOTHER OF GOD. I AM BUYING... EVERY COPY OF THIS ISSUE. EVERY SINGLE COPY IN MY FLIPPIN STATE... NO IN THIS COUNTRY, EVERY. FRICKIN. COPY!!!

HELL. FRIGGIN. YES.

YES

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem... Sorry about that. I'm a huge fan of the Blues Brothers as you probably noticed right now. I just had a fanboy moment there.

I'm done.

Edited by Lyra of the Undead
  • Thumbs Up 4

Okay then, since my status is too small and will probably be shunted out of the way by new statuses, I have to ask:

How would the concept of the Avatar from Avatar the Last Airbender (I'm referring to the whole "can control 4 elements" thing, the other stuff about reincarnation and the Avatar State isn't that important) work in Equestria? More bluntly, WOULD it even work at all?