HunterTSF

...have some Derp Brigade.

This needs to be a thing. Seriously.

EDIT:

EPIC D'AWWWWWWWWWWW

122839__safe_rarity_applejack_comic_filly_rain_artist-coltsteelstallion.png

Edited by Snatcher2047
  • Thumbs Up 9

Well, apparently the first ever fan made episode was released yesterday. Dusk's Dawn. A twenty minute animated episode starring a bunch of OCs.

I am only a few minutes in and it's... alright, I guess. the animation isn't FiM, Picture Perfect Pony, Double Rainboom quality but it's decent. the voice acting is... a bit jumpy The first character that speaks is really hard to hear. Thought he wasn't speaking English at first. the first song is decent.

Yeeesh, not really a fan of that. The Rainbow Dash clone's voice is really distracting, and not even 3 minutes in and they're clinging to a really weird sob story type deal. It's ponies, but I'm not feeling what the series delivers in this at all, D:

Thought he wasn't speaking English at first.

I think this is the pony version of Tommy Wiseau. It almost sounds as if he's just reading English words from the script without actually knowing the language.

Yeah, I'm with Wolfy. I respect the amount of work and effort put into this, but this is ultimately mediocre fanfiction.

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, I was kinda skeptical about this when I first heard of it. Maybe it's because I'm pessimistic when it comes to OC centered fanworks when the main characters are not involved be it comics, fanfics or animations... When I first heard that the Mane six wouldn't be involved, I lost interest in this project.

Yeah, it's shallow, I know. I might give it a watch, but from the criticism I've seen, It pretty much confirms the doubts I had about It.

I dunno, I'll give it a look for myself sometime.

Edited by Lyra of the Undead

So Balding Spider just posted this in the statuses...

1mnnj.png

Wow. Just wow.

I never expected to see this comic beat out the likes of Batman and Spider-Man. I knew our community was pretty big, but THIS big? That's crazy. And awesome. Crazy awesome.

• Thumbs Up 4

I think this is the pony version of Tommy Wiseau. It almost sounds as if he's just reading English words from the script without actually knowing the language.

Wow, so I'm not the only one who heard Tommy Wiseau in that pony's voice. XD

Anyways I watched... It was a bit better than I expected, but not anything spectacular. Some of the voice actors have pretty thick accents which can be pretty hard to understand at times, the character models look like they were created in the pony maker game on Deviantart, and the story's nothing interesting, really.

Overall, they had some good Ideas, and the Twin song was pretty cool, but it's nothing too write home about.

I gave the S3 clip a one minute standing applause. So awesome does it look. That OC villain from DeviantArt we saw through summer now seems to have a name. Pinkie Pie stole the scene under the clip. Gone are her days to be mad because nopony wants to party with her, and now she is ninja, babysitter and more. Now we need to know where AJ and Rarity went after that clip. More things to look forward to are a possible Xmas episode, Fluttershy dragon and more.

Edited by Applejack1973

HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS. (except Applejack because she doesn't have one)

I just found that ACTUAL greatest pony tumblr blog of ALL TIME.

Fimbriae.

I have no idea how something so simple can be so hilarious.

tumblr_m9bvqhjsl81rvl3xdo2_500.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh hello new varient cover! Came to join the eighteen others? The more the merrier!

MyLittlePony01-cvrC.jpg

Also hello new information!

On Story arcs and releases:

My Little Pony is planned as an ongoing monthly. We'll be breaking story arcs into four issues, at least for the first 8 issues. I kind of consider each four-issue story arc to be equivalent to a 2 part episode of the show, if that makes sense. Gives us a little bit more room to play with 'bigger' stories. So no new #1 are planned. Though if sales take a dive, it's not uncommon to relaunch with a new #1. Hopefully that won't happen.

On slice of life Vs. Action, and borrowing from un-aired scripts:

Already toying around with some more character-centric 'slice of life' stories, stay tuned. And I don't see any reason not to adapt unaired TV scripts, assuming that Hasbro wanted to do it.

On number of pages:

While there are 32 pages, the majority of modern comics are 22 story pages. (A lot of DC books are 20 these days). I'm trying to throw in a little added value, so there's a 2 page back-up story (#1 written and drawn by Katie Cook) which brings our total to 24.

As for "how much story can you fit", that really depends on the writing style of the author. Some comics can be very 'decompressed' focusing on the art, and therefore read quick. Others are filled with tons of word balloons and can take a while. Different folks prefer different styles. As for our MLP ongoing, I think we've struck a nice balance. As noted above, the four-part story arc has the feel of a 2-parter in the TV show.

As long as sales sustain it! Anything that sells over 10K has a healthy lease on life. Things get a little dicier when you drop below the 8 or 7K number.

Obviously we've got great numbers for the start of the series, and that's EXTREMELY encouraging. Numbers will almost certainly fall down to under 20K. It will be interesting to see where they settle. I'm hoping it will stay nice and healthy, but I guess that depends on how good the books we put out are! (right now I think they're awesome!)

---(Note - We have 90,000 pre-orders and counting according to this. Sounds like pony isn't going anywhere!) --

http://www.equestria...-new-cover.html

So as long as the comic sells over ten thousand copies, we're good? Well, that shouldn't be a problem. Freaking nine thousand already sold and while I might not be able to pre-order due to being a closet brony, I sure as hell and am going to buy a copy secretly when I can. The nineteen covers we have should also help with sales.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 2

In response to the fan animation: Good job getting MandoPony to perform that song but other than that it's meh, especially the voice acting.

I'm actually surprised the comic sold 90,000 copies. I didn't realize there were that many bronies. The most liberal estimate I could come up with was 40,000.

I'm actually surprised the comic sold 90,000 copies. I didn't realize there were that many bronies. The most liberal estimate I could come up with was 40,000.

Did somebody say they want another cover!? No? Have one anyway!

398390_10152136571340072_1196270740_n.jpg

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/10/double-midnight-exclusive-comic-and.html

Second cover featuring Derpy and a muffin.

Also Gameloft game pics.

3.jpg

4.jpg

original.jpg

I have no idea what's wrong with Rarity in the first one. Or why I bother to post these considering you've all probably have seen this on EQD already.

• Thumbs Up 9

Or why I bother to post these considering you've all probably have seen this on EQD already.

Dude, if we didn't constantly re-post stuff from EQD this thread would be far less active.

So I made another part to that discord comic I posted... what was it, 3 weeks ago. Crazy how long this one took. It's a bit rough around the edges but man! For those of you that saw my first drawing (sorry XD) this is a vast improvement. Hoping to make more... relatively soon; lets aim for Halloween.

Link: you know, the character (just cause). Actual link

(Wow, this thing came out large)

discord_vs__friendship__part_2_by_strickerx5-d5i1x78.jpgAlso, for those of you who draw here, what progams do you mainly use? Just a bit curious is all.

P.S. ...should I be worried

screenshot20121015at114f.png

I must of left it on repeat or something...

• Thumbs Up 3

Dude, if we didn't constantly re-post stuff from EQD this thread would be far less active.

• Thumbs Up 5

So, a few things to say:

1. I cannot describe how stoked I am for the comic. $4.00? No price is too large. Going to buy it the day it comes out, assuming I'm not at the castle. (Bible college trip)

2. I cannot describe how stoked I am for Season 3. Enough said.

3. I cannot describe how much I have grown to like Spitfire. In fact, I made a fan page for her just because I love her. Like it up guys!

https://www.facebook.com/SpitfireTheWonderboltIsBestPony

4. New MLP vocal song coming soon! It's a collab with Nightmare Snake and I must say, it's pretty hardcore! A mix of electro and heavy rock, with singing and screaming. Be stoked, as I am.

5. Mr T., the teacher who does a Bible study at the high school I just graduated from, fully approves of ponies. Heck yes.

• Thumbs Up 2

Along with that hint, check out what Meghan McCarthy tweeted.

125634__safe_meta_text_twitter_meghan-mccarthy.png

Okay... Just when I thought I couldn't get anymore hyped. I seriously wonder what they'll have for us tomorrow?

• Thumbs Up 5