Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

I'm expecting an official announcement of that hour long DVD special that was "leaked".The S3 premiere date would be nice but very underwhelming if they expect us to "break the internet" over it at this point, we already know it's either the 3rd or the 10th.

Not confirmed, but seems pretty damn likely to me to be true.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 3

New season starts November 10, 2012 at 10:00am!

(Mild SPOILERS in the following link)

http://family-room.e...son-3-premiere/

my-little-pony-01.jpg

Is that... Sombra?

my-little-pony-02.jpg

Looks like Shining Armor is going to do something other than being a brainwashed drone. Which is nice, because he didn't do shit in his debut episodes because of said condition.

EDIT: The Hub posted this on their Facebook page and confirmed the 10th:

46516_424568707592217_348793888_n.jpg

Here's some news we know everypony will "like": season three of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic premieres 11/10!!
Edited by Pinkamina
  • Thumbs Up 7

EDIT: The Hub posted this on their Facebook page and confirmed the 10th:

46516_424568707592217_348793888_n.jpg

jb3Oa.png

Finally! This is gonna be good great awesome outstanding AMAZING!

• Thumbs Up 4

Yes! This is awesome! The tenth isn't far away and the pictures look fantastic!

Yay more Shining Armor! And I am oh so pumped for more Discord!

Come faster November tenth! Faster!

>Season 3 date announced

Speaking of sound...

B2vwm.png

Episode 14: Chingón

I better try to get this posts wrapped up before S3... >_>

As I mentioned in a previous post, brony musicians come from all sorts of places... Still, I couldn't avoid to be surprised when I found out where today's showcase come from.

Today I'll talk to you about a fellow Hispanic brony, an artist who played with many styles across his life but the one thing I recognize him for is his rock compositions, with lots of callbacks to some classics and the always apreciated cowbell, I present to you... Claire Anne Carr!

01 )

AKA, Let me show you the dance of my people!

Okay... First of all let me tell you that most of the showcased tracks in this post are far far away from this style, but that bolded and italic line of text over there... It's kind of true XD

Regardless of my opinion of the genre (which isn't as bad as I'm making it sound like) Cumbia is a music style that has deep roots in the Latino region, more precisely Colombia and Panamá (IIRC) and I felt that showing something.. From home I guess would be a nice way to introduce the artist.

I also wanted to showcase an instrumental and a version that got mixed with Party Rock Anthem (I loved that one) but sadly, they seem to be lost. D:

Anyway, let's start delivering the rock I promised you...

02 ) Celestia Save The Rock 'n Roll (The Heart Carol)

Now this is a nice intro, and now we can really start talking about Claire, as I mentioned before, he produced a lot of rock covers, most of them can be found in his Bandcamp (he currently has 2 albums and 1 in progress dedicated to this), what I find in his tracks is a really nice mix and match of styles (which might be explored later) and some pretty awesome references to rock classics... No, I won't point you where they are, I'll let you discover them for yourself. wink.png

Of course, this isn't related at all with my poor memory and my inability to properly point the name of the song and the artist he is referencing. 261183_269556579733069_2065046835_q.jpg

Anyway! If I had something to criticize about him is that he should probably get some better recording equipment I find the songs to be quite good but some parts sound really distorted because of this (that or maybe some lack of polish here and there), also, I don't think his singing is that good... Hope you can bear with it for some tracks. :V

03 )

Annnnd here is a nice showcase of different styles.

I sense a bit of outsynch-ing there though, but I'll chalk that out to Pinkie getting progressively tired XD

04 )

Man that beginning makes me think of Escape From The City XD

Another thing I could praise Claire for is his ability to make this kind of remixes last, extending what otherwise might be 1 minute tracks, kind of makes me think of the old King Of Fighters Arranged Soundtracks (I don't think many of you will know what I'm talking about)

And yes, there is one (or 2) references there that even I was able to remember, but I'll stick with my lazy idea of not spoiling them. tongue.png

05 )

Dat intro...

Dat singing. D:

If anything, I gotta recognise the author knows how to take critic...

Nope darling, they are "naturaly perfected emulated synthethic detuned chorus effect", it took me 24 years to do that without machines or VST plugins in a production taco burrito software.

And then it devolved in what I guess.. Café Tacvba was thinking when they composed the song Chilanga Banda (yes, I know no one will get what I'm talking about)

Man now I wish there was a pony song like that. XD

06 )

Okay, there are many good things about this one. First of all, like Cupcakes, it's an extended version of a short song (and a very good one at that).

The Pinkie part might be kind of me'h to some but it's pretty much like with the original version of the song, all panicky and the like... But then it transforms into a pretty good electro-rock piece...

And then Flutterguy happens, and it's amazing! biggrin.png

07 )

Yeah I'm biased.

I freaking love this song and most of it's arrangements, and of course this one isn't an exception.

Also, I couldn't avoid hearing a bit of a very local band there, but I bet it's just me hearing things.

08 )

This is probably... The... Second or third remix that makes me like this song. XD

Contrary to the other(s) though, this one might be because of how different sounds from the original at some points (like at the beginning) or the way the lyrics were altered a bit here and there.

Also, before diving into this song, you might want to know this piece also has a lot of "local flavor" that I should probably explain because this piece is labeled as rock and you might not think it is.

It just happens that we (as in, Mexico, Argentina, Uruguay and many other Hispanic countries bellow the USA) have a very open (or rather, loose) definition of the word... For example, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqJCw5o65_A. It's not really similar to the remix I just posted, but if we labeled things like Influencia as rock, I (and I guess the same went for Claire) see no reason to not do the same with this one. XD

09 )

Annnd here is me being biased again, because I love almost all the remixes of this song XD

Nice attempt to transfer this song from pop to rock, like with Evil Enchantress (just noticed the Alliterative title >_>) this one also has a bit of electronic, but this time is more relegated in the background. There are parts when i think he went a little overboard with the guitar but all in all a good cover.

10 ) Maplejack Story

And now, we take a little break from the rock.

I must confess I know little to nothing about this character who popped from a MAD short, nor the whole fanon that appeared around her.

But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate music inspired by her (you might tell me how much it fits with her though) the first part of the piece is kind of sad, then it takes a more corageous or adventure-like tone (not too much of this though, don't expect something grand and epic) and then it becomes a more relaxed piece.

Might not be the greatest piece out there (especially when we compare it to artists like Yourenigma, Tsyolin or many others that I haven't showed here and for the purpose of milking future posts I won't mention... woo... that was long.. also.. ignore that) but I think it's nice enough.

It certainly works as a nice intro for the next track.

11 )

I was doubting for a while if I should youtube this one or Evil Enchantres, at the end the alliterative titled one won for being a pretty unique piece, while this one is a more straight rock cover, but that doesn't make it less awesome.

This piece contains the healthy amounts of guitar, a pretty nice reference (though I'm not sure it mashed that well with the song, which is the reason I'm actually pointing it's existence) and some chiptuney goodness. The samples sound a little odd at times (I guess Claire used his own cuts there or managed to get a "cleaner" version of the bits PPS used) but other than that this is one of the most unique Flutterwonder remixes out there. (one of the most, if no THE most prolific pieces this fandom has produced FYI)

12 ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZShxULiNcyg

Well, this one is awesome. biggrin.png

From the intro to the ending, this is a really nice rendition of Ingram's closing piece for Season 1, I like how Claire tried to keep each ponies individual "theme" like in the original, making each part it's own mini song that mixes with each other and concludes with an epic finale.

Also, if you've been in this fandom long enough, you learn that is possible to make Rainbow's section of the song more rockier (is that even a word?), but still, Claire's rendition is something worth commenting about. smile.png

13 ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc1GTuyOceg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc1GTuyOceg

This piece is amazing! Turning a musical duet into something that resembles...

I'm not supposed to tell it am I? But the vibe is there... It's so strong that it's really really hard miss it.

Anyway, this is my favorite remix of this song, a great match of styles and instruments that make me experience free and unrestrained happiness. smile.png

14 ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnTeVWiKUD8

And while the previous track is freaking epic, I decided to close with this one because it has many elements worth of a closing number.

For starters, it's pretty slow paced (which I don't think it' so common for a remix of this song) the other thing it's that it shows something we've been seeing Claire does pretty well, which is arranging and extending what otherwise might be pretty short songs. (I especially love the use of the last line as backup vocals, that is pretty cool).

Besidas, it has the cheering and the fireworks, this one was made to be here. XD

And this is how we conclude another episode of The Playlist, where Freddie Mercury is best pony.

Thankfully today I've seen myself with a lot of free time, so I guess I'm going to spend the rest of the night and maybe the rest of the week marathoning the series... Pony announcements tend to have that effect on me.

Anyway, the next episode will be the last one (for a while but considering how lazy I've been you wont notice the hiatus, also, there is another B-Side post), so I hope you can join me next time for Episode 15: He Makes Pony Music Too.

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1

And then ponies was anime.

HIGURASHI! I freaking loved that anime, Particularly the first season. That season had choppy animation, sure, but it did a good job of scaring the crap out of me.

Pinkie Pie is best Rena.

November 10 can't come fast enough.

Why is Scootaloo in dirty magazines? Fucking foal fondlers should be arrested

546960_485447028152924_1416241502_n.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

MLP:FiM finally invades one of my favorite webcomics:

20121019.gif

Not gonna make the bronies smile smile smile.

November 10 can't come fast enough.

Why is Scootaloo in dirty magazines? Fucking foal fondlers should be arrested

546960_485447028152924_1416241502_n.jpg

CK1nz.gif

This being in your sig makes it hysterical.

• Thumbs Up 8

Well, my next chapter is up... actually, it's an interlude:

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/49977/Crossing-Over

We take a small detour from my adventure in Equestria to see what exactly Eggman has planned. Hint: It's a device that transports someone to another universe. However, Eggman doesn't know if it'll work, so he tests it on Cubot. Despite Orbot's concerns, Eggman transports Cubot to another universe...

Yeah, it's really short. Don't worry, the next chapter will be longer.

Oh hello variant cover! Just step over there with all the others.

x2_f01bd8b.jpg

Oh, my apologies. Variant covers. Plural. Two. Okay. Got ya'.

x2_f058fc9.jpg

http://www.equestria...ic-variant.html

Cover compilation.

http://www.equestria...h-pictures.html

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 7

New season starts November 10, 2012 at 10:00am!

(Mild SPOILERS in the following link)

http://family-room.ew.com/2012/10/18/my-little-pony-season-3-premiere/

my-little-pony-01.jpg

Is that... Sombra?

my-little-pony-02.jpg

Finally! An actual date! At least it's not too far away. Of course as timing would have it, I'm on the road on that day and will have to wait until the episode gets online.

Pinkie Pie is best Rena.

This right here That was the most well done part of that animation in my opinion.

Edited by Kevin

Nice. I enjoyed the review. Even if I disagree about Luna's royal canterlot voice. I absolutely love it!

Anyway, remember that one variant cover? No, the other one.The other one. No, the sketchy one. No, the other sketchy one that didn't get a clean version.

Until now!

mlpjetcover.jpg

Fluttershy looks cute. But Rainbow Dash looks way more badass as a superhero.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 5

Just popped in to say I love the Fluttershy cover...

Also, I know it's not the day for attentionwhoring music posts but I saw this one at EqD I and felt I had to share it as soon as I could.

This guy... Has potential... Go pay attention to him. (and give him all your love if you can, since he doesn't seem to feel so confident about his music)

EDIT: And since you are at it listen to this guy too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=LG8fBe34RJs

HORY SHET! This one screams (Saturn/Dreamcast) SEGA to me!

EDIT2: Ooooooohhh it took me a while to realize why this one sounded so familiar! Reminds me a lot of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvy2hE_99y4.

Edited by gato

I've benn hearing rumors that Trixie is going to return this season. Is that true?