Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

I've benn hearing rumors that Trixie is going to return this season. Is that true?

Yes, it's true. Trixie is confirmed to show up at some point in Season 3.

What I wanna know is if Discord is making a return since JDL has been confirmed or if he's voice King Sombra...

Pretty sure that he confirmed at a con that the lines he recorded were for Discord.

What I wanna know is if Discord is making a return since JDL has been confirmed or if he's voice King Sombra...

Considering John said he recorded more and one of the writers said a fan favourite villain will be back in Season 3, it's pretty much all but confirmed we'll be seeing more Discord.

At least, I hope.

So I've been working on this song since technically February. It started off as a song for someone I knew, then some things happened, it evolved into a song for Derpy from Dinky's perspective, but with a double meaning with my feelings for my own mother. Either way, the short story is that this became a really personal song, and I've been nervous about finishing it. That said, it finally has become more or less finished, and I'm thinking about submitting it to Equestria Daily.

The only problem is I'm not sure if it's up to snuff for them, and I'm honestly afraid of the rejection since this song means quite a deal to me. I kinda figured I maybe would just show you guys to maybe see if it was alright with you before facing that, D:

And the lyrics if you want to follow along I guess:

When I gaze into your eyes I see

a mother who's trying her best

Everyday I wait for this mailmare

To come home and help her rest

She works so hard to make sure I am at my happiest

But her presence and loving smile is my only request

Oh Derpy Hooves

No one's better than you

Smile Ditzy Doo

This muffin loves you

It's hard when you fade into the

background of the main point of view

But I want you to know that there's at least

someone that's looking at you

I just don't know what went wrong but I know it won't get you down

That bubbly nature of yours spreads like fire throughout this town

Oh Derpy Hooves

No one's better than you

Smile Ditzy Doo

This muffin loves you

I, hope

soon we'll have all the time in the world

to, be

together lost in a land where we can be

free, oh Derpy

where you're only judged by your personal-

ity, it's easy

to run away from all of this but

No, you see me

as the one thing it makes it ok in the end

Derpy, mommy

Oh Derpy Hooves

No one's better than you

Smile Ditzy Doo

This muffin loves you

Yeah Derpy Hooves

The sun is shining for you

Go Ditzy Doo

And keep doing what you do

• Thumbs Up 6

So it seems that the FiM staff or most of it, is going to be working on the new incarnation of the Littlest Pet Shop. I'm sure you've seen the teasers... or maybe not. But the voice similarities between the characters in FiM are very clear, along with this obvious Twilight Sparkle reference (which Tara is not voicing)

135070840354.png Dog, not cat

You know, for the first time I think I'm having one of those moments where I'm afraid to admit I like this show to certain people, and I don't know why. I've been freaking out all day about my song since I find it nerve wracking, but at the same time I really do want to share it with everyone. Stemmed from that, I've been kinda frozen on my personal facebook thing about to post it, but it's like I'm afraid to. My step mom and brother are on there that wouldn't understand (and give me flack about it at that), friends from high school and other places I grew up with that I find it awkward, and even past co-workers. I mean I'm worried over past co-workers? If I was in any other state of mind I would've slapped myself by now, but the feeling is still there. I have a feeling if I post it now, I'll just want to delete it when I wake up, ugh.

I don't mean to turn this thread into my own personal problems, it's just have you guys had scenarios like this before sorta? I'm asking because I'm kinda disgusted with myself, since normally I don't let these kind of things hold me back, but here I am, bleh.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, for the first time I think I'm having one of those moments where I'm afraid to admit I like this show to certain people, and I don't know why. I've been freaking out all day about my song since I find it nerve wracking, but at the same time I really do want to share it with everyone. Stemmed from that, I've been kinda frozen on my personal facebook thing about to post it, but it's like I'm afraid to. My step mom and brother are on there that wouldn't understand (and give me flack about it at that), friends from high school and other places I grew up with that I find it awkward, and even past co-workers. I mean I'm worried over past co-workers? If I was in any other state of mind I would've slapped myself by now, but the feeling is still there. I have a feeling if I post it now, I'll just want to delete it when I wake up, ugh.

I don't mean to turn this thread into my own personal problems, it's just have you guys had scenarios like this before sorta? I'm asking because I'm kinda disgusted with myself, since normally I don't let these kind of things hold me back, but here I am, bleh.

Well for me personally, it's not too much of a problem. The only people I hide it from are my aunt and uncle, whom with I live, because they're fairly big believers of gender roles to the point of even saying "Boys don't wear pink. Pink is a girl's colour." so if I said anything to them, they're heads would probably explode and I'd never hear the end of it. Other than them, I'm fairly open to everyone else about being a brony. And no one really cares or minds it. They still treat me like me so I feel pretty lucky in that regard.

As for your dilemma, I don't know what I could say, I don;t know the people who you're about seeing it so I couldn't tell you how they might react. What I can tell you though, is that that song is fantastic and you should be damn proud of it and have no fear of showing it off. Just like no one should have any fear of expressing their like for the show. No one has the right to tell anyone not to make this music, not to like this show or draw that art. You made a great song so show it. Don't let what you fear other people might think dictate what you make and love and don;t let it dictate whether or not if you express your love and the stuff you make.

That's my feelings, anyway.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 4

I'm actually still pretty hush-hush about it. I know a couple of bronies at school, but as far as my home life goes my brother is the only one who knows about this. It's not that I'm trying to keep it a secret, it's just that I don't think anyone else would really "get" this. It wouldn't be the end of the world if someone walked in on me watching ponies, but nothing will be gained and I'd rather just avoid any awkward conversations.

...Actually, I guess it would enable me to watch it on Netflix. It would be great to watch ponies on my 3DS for those times where eating in front of my computer is impractical.

Edited by Speederino

Picture semi-related.my_little_eevee_by_tsuta-d4lcm8f.jpg

askdjbaskhfbaksjbf;kajb;jkwb;kjbkjaw gksa bkjfb

SO

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE

Translation: So this is what happens when Eevee evolves through the Elements of Harmony...

• Thumbs Up 3

Picture semi-related.my_little_eevee_by_tsuta-d4lcm8f.jpg

The beard things look odd yet awesome. Now we need the Mane six as dwarves. Someone make it happen!

Also have some feels.

they_live_by_madhotaru-d5ipeb3.jpg

Seriously, why does this fandom make me cry so much?

Oh and EQD posted this but I haven;t seen it here so have an article on the Pony game by Gameloft.

http://blog.games.com/2012/10/22/my-little-pony-ios-android-preview/

• Thumbs Up 4

Also have some feels.

they_live_by_madhotaru-d5ipeb3.jpg

Seriously, why does this fandom make me cry so much?

Love stuff like that. Funny/scary thing is right before I read that I was thinking of something sad not too far off from the story there, and was feeling a little down. But now I feel better, so thank you for posting that.

Wait, if they both have dead parents, which one will be Batmare?

I can't really help you in terms of advice because I... honestly haven't had that problem; but I will say that you have no reason to feel bad about yourself for asking for help, of all things.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 4

Funny you should bring this up actually. I just had to hide my pony posters, because my Jehovahs Witness aunt is coming over in a little bit. I think that she would freakout over reasons that would turn this post into an essay or she would laugh at me. She laughed at me when I lost a job, who knows how she'd react if she saw some pony toys and posters laying around my room.

Not to mention, after season 2 ended and both the fans and haters grew in numbers, I've not been as vocal about my love for the show as I was and I'm sort of in the closet with me being a fan.

Don't get me wrong, if I'm with fellow fans of the show, I'll be pretty open about my love for the show, but other than that, I'm pretty quiet about it.I usually don't let haters get to me, but they've become so vocal, and I have been hearing rumors of haters actually beating people up if they find out they love the show. Not to mention the obnoxious vocal minority is... VERY vocal to say the least, making it almost seem like a majority to some. Remember EQD's article of Lauren Faust not being included on the season 1 commentary DVD? The fans pretty much went rabid and now are attacking Shout Factory with flames.

Its times like this that makes me wish both the rabid fans and the rabid haters would shut the fuck up and just let me enjoy the show like everything else I enjoy.

Edited by Lyra of the Undead
  • Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, well apparently we have a new idea of why we have only 13 episodes thsi seasons. basically kids like reruns so who needs 26 episode seasons?

Transformers website TFW 2005 dug into a 2012 Q3 Earnings conference call and pulled out a few neat tidbits of information on why we are only seeing 13 episodes in season three. Brian Goldner (Hasbro's big cheese) was asked about reducing production costs, and within the response he revealed some specific information regarding childrens programming and how exactly seasons work.

More specifically, this quote:

"Yeah, yeah the cash spend you really have to do when you have a successful TV Series… In fact Hasbro Studios TV Shows has outperformed other TV Shows on the Hub by 74% rating with 4 of the Top 10 shows on the network right now. So as you look at great performance of TV Shows, you are able to produce fewer episodes in subsequent series than you need for earlier series. You know, kids love watching episodes over and over again but you have to add an element of newness but you don’t need to spend to produce entire new series again. You can add 13 episodes or a 26 episodes to a pool of 52 already produced Episodes. So therefore you are able to… with a success TV Series… produce fewer in a year. Overall, Hasbro Studios has greenlit over 800 half-hours of programming. We also still have several hundreds of half-hour programming that we are producing for the network and also looking at whether there are successful tv series we obviously then spend less per new series because we are able to produce newer shows."

I can understand it from a marketing perspective, and someone who was a child for quite a few years! We really did re-watch Doug and Hey Arnold endlessly. New episodes were great, but when I was bored, anything was entertaining.

I'm sure you all re-watch pony too, but our specific demographic is a bit more demanding than our kid counterparts. Hopefully as the brony scene continues to grow, we might get a bit more of a focus for pony!

This isn't 100% confirmed for the reasoning behind 13 episodes, but it does give a bit of insight into why Hasbro does what they do.

http://www.equestria...l#idc-container

So I guess we're getting less episodes partly due to the fact that the show is successful. So basically, watch more episodes, buy more stuff, get less episodes. Which kind of fucked up when you think about it. That kind of sucks. Really sucks. Understandable from a business standpoint I guess but what sucks, still sucks even with logical business reasoning behind it.

Mlp_you_make_rarity_sad-(n1304147972337).png

S3 spoilers and speculations.

http://tvtropes.org/...evealedEpisodes

Touching upon the upcoming bullying episode, it sure seems like a possibility that it's Scootaloo centric. Keep in mind that we really haven't had a Scootaloo centric episode yet, and considering Scootaloo's VA mentioned recording a episode that featured a lot of the character and even going out of character, which I find interesting. Supposedly Faust stated that Scootaloo was never meant to fly due to having a disability (assuming that interview that was talked about in

was real) and there's a lot of material that can be worked from this.

You definitely aren't alone. I've not said anything about it to my parents because they'd think I'm a pedo for sure. On facebook, I may post pony things every once in a while, in school or public I do not bring it up at all unless someone might just happen to ask for whatever reason or if I happen to be with other bronies which I was last tuesday and even around them I'm still pretty quiet. We had gone to see a football game, the other two guys were wearing pony shirts and since I don't own one I had worn a Zelda shirt. For the most part most people seemed to either not notice or not care... there was one instance where some douche came over to us and said that his group loves our shirts, in an extremely sarcastic tone. We didn't pay much mind to it but still decided to move after a while. After that, we went to sit down in the stands and I started to sort of see people sort of giving us dirty looks. I think though, that it was just my Imaginary Audience as it's called, that resulted from that douche, since I kept getting feelings of dirty looks at the restaurant we went to after the game. The hardest part is just the though of getting jumped by some rabid hater.

For the 13 episodes, I think it can be good in a way. Shorter season means longer time for episodes to come out (between seasons at least) and that means that the show will last much longer.