Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Sweet. So that was the place.

Those are also mine, actually. I just got them at Wal-Mart. I'm not sure where you could get them in other countries. Its the Pony Party Gift Pack or whatever the hell its called. Comes with AJ, Pinkie, Twilight, Spike and Celestia, plus a little comic book.

Ah, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for the gift set.

[derp moment]

I've seen those before too, and even considered buying! Silly me.

Also, got this shirt a couple of days ago.

Okay, so the gift set costs around 20$. That's pretty cheap, I guess. Then there's shipping. Shipping costs 40$. What.

Not to worry! I found a bit more local store, with free shipping too at that! Awesome! that doesn't ship toys. :|

Edited by Cheez

DVDs? We need Blu Rays! I want to watch Ponies in the Highest of Definitions (and free up 20GB of space on my PS3). Man, I'd walk into Wal-Mart with my Brony hat on and I'd be like: "Cash Register Man! Ring up these Ponies!"

Sure... 5 years old...

1304639420706s.jpg

*inb4notblurays* EDIT: already happened

Oh well, I just finished reading The ballad of Twilight Sparkle (how many times dd I posted this link?) and I got to say it was freaking awesome! I enjoyed every single moment of it! :lol:

And yeah, there is a whole lot of shipping, but somehow I didn't feel like there was something wrong while doing it, it wasn't like other things I readed when the characters in question are like "OH CELESTIA I'M SO HORNY CLOPCLOPCLOP"... Instead, we got something more light, more emotional, more innocent (I guess?)... It reminds me of those romantic comedy mangas that I read from time to time.

The story itself it's hilarious and the narative is great, I can say that (so far) this is the best fic I've readed since I started this little fanfic journey a few days ago.

The only critic I would have is the sudden revelation that all of the ponies (sans Twilight) are heavy drinkers (wich surprised me at first, but thinking about it troughly it shouldn't surprising at all :unsure:) and that most of the """""action""""" happens under the influence of such substances.

Also lots of OC's introduced quite fast too, all of them having roles in the history... I don't really know why, but it was quite confusing to me... I had troubles remembering all of them (this happened a lot with Mistral, Flat-Hoof and Horseshoe)

This fic made me think that Rarity is older than what it looks (or Cheerilee is younger... but those pictures of her teenage days don't allow me to think in that way)

Also (not really a complain) but the name is too freaking long, so from now on I will be calling it TBOTS! I like TBOTS! It sounds like some Bionicle wannabes.

I've also readed:

And then... she exploded!... TWICE!!!: Nice little story about Rainbow Dash getting sick of being the punching bag of ficwritters all over the world and taking some actions to fix this issue.

And nothing else xD

I'm planning to read:

In her majesty's royal service.

The nightmare wars.

The night that never ended.

It's a dangerous business, going out your door.

Unwelcome changes.

I'm so not reading all of that right now, but I still have some days/weeks left in my self given gaming rest (I haven't touched a single game since E3).

I also watched EP 17 (Stare master), pretty cool episode, though it didn't seem to have some moral at the end (or there was some, but it seemed to be similar at the one given in Applebuck Season)... Eh, not really complaining about that.

I also liked the crusaders here, funny bunch, transforming tables in some weird sculpture and lullabies into gospel-like songs. (that caught me off guard, I was expecting something... not so good)

And thank Celestia I watched this thing before reading TBOTS, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten what was all that fuss about THE STARE!!! ... Quite the handy power I must say, but now I can't avoid to wonder what kind of magic that thing is... Mind Control? Killing Intent? :P

Oh well, gonna see if I can check chapter 18 tomorrow.

p.d: I still don't see myself as a Sweetie Belle like that test said >_>

Edited by gato

I've also readed:

And then... she exploded!... TWICE!!!: Nice little story about Rainbow Dash getting sick of being the punching bag of ficwritters all over the world and taking some actions to fix this issue.

Man, I loved that one. Its actually really clever, too, because it details just how hard it is to write Rainbow Dash well in fan fics. Even Dash writing a fan fic about Dash can't control herself. Look the ending, where she basically subverts the entire point of her writing the story, just so she could show up the people she was writing in response to how to do it "better."

I warn you right now: That is an emotionally draining story that is hella depressing. Its shades of gray everywhere, and it requires thought on the part of the reader to catch many of the subtler things discussed (which is partially why it is so emotionally draining).

It also earns that GrimDark tag, as fantastically well-written as it is, and I learned the hard way to not read a chapter of TNTNE unless I have a chapter of a more lighthearted story (usually TBoTS, actually) to read afterwards to pick me up. For example, when I read Chapter 13 when it went up this morning, I sat around for about half an hour to mull over the content of the chapter. After I had gathered all of my thoughts, I wrote them all down and went on to read Chapter 11 of TBoTS, which I had been putting off reading until the new TNTNE chapter went up.

This one is great. You truly get a feeling of the Epicness of the adventure, and it is just as well-written as TNTNE is. Fantastic character development throughout as well.

This one kind of sucks, I think it should be said. I read the first 3 chapters before giving up on it. There is a lot of potential in that story; but it is a concept that really requires subtle and detailed writing and the author just can't do it to the required level.

Edited by Tornado

Note to self: Read that Dash fic when I get home and can actually access Google Docs.

Also, TBoTS is PURE. CRACK. I love it. I wouldn't say it's that much funnier than "Progress", but it's still hilarious. Also, speaking of which, Progress has a new chapter... Where Luna meets up with Fluttershy. And Angel is even smarter than I gave him credit for.

And... I've been writing a fic myself, specifically, a crossover with Castlevania (the Sorrow games). Granted, this isn't exactly the best place for it, but eh, what the heck, I've only got two chapters so far, if anyone's curious. I personally think I could do better with it, really.

Fox news has called al the Bronies, man children who take time off of work to watch ponies and that we are what's wrong with this world.

http://www.fox2now.com/videobeta/?watchId=cbf5555f-0451-4615-9b6b-772fa46baf30

Does Fox have an adress or an Email Adress? I want to make a letter to them.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

Seriously? Don't even bother. Why waste your time and rage on something so silly and insignificant. The majority of the world likely thinks that adult men watching ponies is weird and not right, but are they able to stop you watching ponies? Hell no. If you write to them and expect an apology, you're just going to prove a point to them that older/male pony fans have too much time on their hands and take things way too seriously. Why is this even an issue? There are far more important causes to write letters for and campaign about, dude.

Edit: Also, affiliate stations are not "Fox News". They're usually local, and carry even less weight than Fox main.

• Thumbs Up 4

Point taken. Stil pisses me off. But Fox News is a laughing stock anyway.

Who gives a fuck? They're paid to lie. Every single talking head is.

That first story WAS disturbing though.

Edited by Dialga190

Fox News are the cancer of corporate news.

Bill O' Reilly is just mad because people called him a homo.

Bill O' Reilly is a moron when it comes to Popular Culture, he thinks Video Games are corrupting youth, Marilyn Manson is a Satanist and all Black Rappers are thugs and crimimals.

Edited by BW199148

In the same post that featured the FOX article there was a better more positive well thought out article.

http://republibot.com/content/confound-these-ponies

Also I never knew that the Hub aknowldged Bronies on Facebook.

brony-ad.png

Yep, I checked their Facebook. They used "Brony" when they posted "Equestria Girls" and than they did it again as you can see up above.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

In the same post that featured the FOX article there was a better more positive well thought out article.

http://republibot.com/content/confound-these-ponies

Also I never knew that the Hub aknowldged Bronies on Facebook.

brony-ad.png

Yep, I checked their Facebook. They used "Brony" when they posted "Equestria Girls" and than they did it again as you can see up above.

Sc-Fi and Republicans? Do they mix? :blink:

Sc-Fi and Republicans? Do they mix? :blink:

The Borg?

Locutusofborg.jpg

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Borg?

Locutusofborg.jpg

I LOL'd. :D

I am not upset about this, because this was bound to happen when more mainstream media got a hold of it, I am surprised though that the Black Buster Critic hasn't ranted about Bronies yet, seeing as he is a narrow-mind jack ass. <_<

Edited by BW199148

I was totally prepared to be fuming in glorious righteous indignation when I first heard the vaguest details about this, but it's really too lame and small-scale to annoy me even when I kind of want it to. It's not even substantial enough to be unintentionally funny; it's just sort of there. Shrug.

...on a different note, I'm not normally much of a fanfiction reader (at least, not anymore), but I've slowly been picking up the habit again thanks to this thread. And how easy the stuff is to read at work, I guess. I'm kind of a terrible employee.

I love how he thinks all Bronies are on Disabilty benefits and stuff (Its a bit of a generalization). I don't know how much Disabilty benefits is in America. But over here its not alot if that's the only benifits you gets.

This bothers me a lot little because I am on ESA and I like ponies, but I am not working because I want or I am obessed with ponies. It's because I am TOO INCAPABLE OF WORKING!

Douche. <_<

Edited by BW199148

I'm on disability because im in college and I am incapable of getting a job because umm I CAN BARELY WALK, DEAF IN ONE EAR, AND HAVE 20/1000 VISION!

Douche-nozzle...

Edited by Dialga190

Don't take it personally, guys. Some idiot said a dumb thing... but you lot are being just as daft by letting it get to you that much. One person said a dumb thing. Idiots say dumb things all the time. Ignore it. Don't give it this kind of attention. Honestly, it is SO not worth it.

For the record, I'm a 26-year-old unemployed person on benefits living with my mum. Do I care what some entitled douche-muffin* says? No. Should you? No.

Let's talk about ponies.

*Douche seems to be word of the day *bandwagon*

• Thumbs Up 1

Well since douche seems to be the word of the day, which character in the show do you think is the biggest douche?

Well since douche seems to be the word of the day, which character in the show do you think is the biggest douche?

Edited by Dr. Mechano

What about Prince Douche? I mean, er, Prince Blueblood.

And Trixie is awesome.

Edited by Tornado

I can't even bring myself to be angry at Trixie anymore. Not since the Cereal/Seth edit war last week ago. After I sat down and thought it out, the events of Boast Busters were far too open to interpretation, to the extent that the Friendship Report at the end now even rubs me the wrong way.