Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

There are a few bronies in my animation/math/physics class, and I remember one day a bunch of us had pony shirts on and just... randomly gravitated to a corner of the room at the end of the day. There were at least four? It was kinda awesome. 8] I also saw a a random gal on campus with a Vinyl Scratch hat once and another girl with a Twilight Sparkle handbag.

Also attended Everfree, but that's a different story. XD

I actually do know a bunch of Bronies in real life.

Me too.

And I had a visit by one in my office.

Edited by Applejack1973

I have a brony story as well, but first here's another one of those birthday games. This one is slightly NSFW and clearly written by someone whose first language was not English, but I've posted one that's much worse a few hundred pages back so whatever, I'm still spoilering it

316647_495381243826169_1151201672_n.jpg

I get to read Fluttershy a bedtime story. That's adorable smile.png

Derpy gives me a clopjob...

I'm not sure what to feel about this.

You lot should have seen my last gaming society meet. The other people playing Resistance were throwing out Pony references by the boatload, and I eventually stepped up and said "How many Pony references have there been now?"

Pretty funny that you guys are talking about meeting other bronies, when I actually found out today that a kid in a few of my classes watches the show. Something was said about the equestrian event at the Olympics and he said something along the lines of, "Drop the 'n' and I'd love to live there." I replied, "Same... wait, what?" Then he said Rarity was best pony and we brohoof'd. Pretty sweet.

I have a brony story as well, but first here's another one of those birthday games. This one is slightly NSFW and clearly written by someone whose first language was not English, but I've posted one that's much worse a few hundred pages back so whatever, I'm still spoilering it

316647_495381243826169_1151201672_n.jpg

I get to read Fluttershy a bedtime story. That's adorable smile.png

"Discord wants you." Oh good gawd. This can either end up like a hentai or a horror story. Either way I'm screwed.

Um, hey look, Pony comic is selling well so BleedingCool did a video on it!

http://www.equestria...deo-on-mlp.html

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

Learning stuff from...Derpy Hooves? I'm guessing either muffin baking or mail carrying. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_md4tvyWrjj1rro4lno1_r2_500.gif

Hey guys. This is pony related I swear!

Hey guys!

Guys

Guess what?

Wrong Way Backwards Part II, both sides, streaming early here:

http://www.livestrea.../thedoctorisout

Tonight at 8pm EST, and an encore at about 9 for those who missed it.

Are you excited because I’m excited, let’s see how excited you are.

If you don't know, "Wrong Way Backwards" is a crossover between "Doctor Whooves and Assistant" and "Doctor Whooves Adventures." Part one was posted a while back.

Another exclusive clip .

http://www.equestria...ip-article.html

Shining Armor gets possessed by Sombra to go into the Crystal Empire. It's pretty obvious at the end. Could have been a much subtler way for it, but eh. Seriously, first he gets his fiance replaced with a changeling and undergoes hypnosis and now he becomes possessed by Sombra form the looks of it. They're either deux ex machinas and/or mostly plot devices for the villain and become incapacitated at some point if this happens every time they show up in the series.

I was kinda of hoping for Shining Armor to do something more than just zap with lasers and use some kind of weapon play with a sword or something. Yeah, it is a children's show mostly, but it would be harmless if it is bloodless and just stylized weapon clashing.

Edited by AdventChild

Another OC I made, named Phileo. Drew her in Bible college today. :P Phileo is a greek word for "love," and a really cool definition I found is "to treat affectionately or kindly, to welcome, befriend." I think it fits her quite well.

phileo_by_andrewclocksin-d5kf8ro.jpg

What do you think?

• Thumbs Up 5

I've been trying to squeeze some time to make a little post about that S3 episode 5 description but... Eh... I think I'll just leave as "I'm excited, this has potential and descriptions have misguided us before".

Also, has any of you tried that Gameloft game? I'm not really interested in it but I was expecting to see some reactions here. tongue.png

Anyway...

B2vwm.pngFoEnd.png

Memories of Days Long Past

It's been almost 6 months since I started attention whoring with this post series (and more than a year since the idea started floating in my head)!

For those who never paid attention to me, The Playlist was (is) a little series of posts to showcase how awesome our community is in the music department, while also trying to show some surprises here and there. B-Side was pretty much the same but tried to show more artists instead of being centered around just one (your opinions about episode 2 might vary)

While people could argue if I succeeded at this or how fair I was in my posts, I won't try to put down the fact that I made a very long brony music compilation, one that I think would be a bad thing if it were to get lost in this big thread.

It's with this mindset that I decided to compile all this posts into a single one, so whenever someone asks me "gato, what is best in life?" I can link to this and say "To hear music, feel the sound flowing in your ears and hear the lamentation of your headphones whenever a bass is dropped".

That is good! That is good...

So without further delay, here is what I've been posting this last months:

The Playlist:

Episode 1: I Used to Think Ska and Reggeaton Were the Same Thing - For Jesse Carlson

Titled because of a time of my life when I actually thought like that (Ahhh to be a teenager again)... Expect to hear some pretty cool pony ska with a not so good singing (some tracks are great, some others not so much) and some rock.

Episode 2: March of the Pigs - For General Mumble

Named because of Bite Down (a track of Mumble shown in that very same post), expect some really heavy electronic stuff.

Episode 3: Getting Drunker Each Minute - For Silva Hound

Named because of his Drinks On Da House! series, this list contains lots of electronic (but nowhere near as heavy as Mumble's list) and... well... House...

Episode 4: Curious is a Nice Way of Putting it - For Yourenigma

Named because of one of my favorite pieces in the bronydom "Twilight Sparkle's Mind is a Curious Place" composed by this very same artist, if you are clicking this one get ready to hear some piano solos, orchestral pieces and electronic/jazz styled music.

Episode 5: He Makes Pony Music - For MandoPony

I Make Pony Music used to be somewhere in his YouTube profile, besides, I wanted something simple to describe what is one of THE brony musicians (at least when it comes to popularity), expect some acoustic pieces but there is also some orchestral and rock to be enjoyed here, I think I even linked to some chiptune stuff at some point.

Episode 6: Flutterstep is Best Step - For Codeum (or codbarley)

For 2 of his Fluttershy based tracks, the list has some dubstep but most of it contains some more... relaxing electronic music (nice pieces to sleep in here, I'm saying this in the good way).

Episode 7: No Hopers - For All Levels At Once

Named for a very peculiar picture released back in Rare's old days, This list has some neat Donket Kong Country remixes, but in the pony side you can expect to see some pretty cool electro pop, most people say it resembles Owl City (and guess it's right since it's in the artist OC's head) but for me that I never listened to it, sounds more like something akin to what I heard from Bentley Jones

Episode 8: 1 Minute and 52 Seconds - For The Living Tombstone

Named after the time it takes his Winter Wrap Up remix to actually start XD, Tombstone brings you some really cool party music full of wubs, drums and the like, also expect some odd singing and even odder lyrics.

Episode 9: I Know What You Did Last Year - For JackleApp

Just a little word game I tried with a certain movie and the fact this brony's most known work was based around the 4 seasons of the year, expect some melodic yet also electronic stuff, a very peculiar voice that sometimes sounds really, really good and others... Well... I don't think I showed a lot of that stuff so...

Episode 10: Use an Apple... And if That Don't Work, Use MORE Apples! - For Tsyolin

Poor reference to one of his nicks (Applejack The Engineer), it was originally going to be titled Applejack and the 25 Ukrainians but that's a very... Local joke... Anyway, expect lots of orchestral stuff with some pretty cool orchestral rock, electronic and jazzy sounds thrown in for good measure.

Episode 11: Personality Disorders - For SimGretina

Named because of the many nicks this guy has (inb4someone mentions Renard), I can only describe most of this stuff as dance, it's music that makes you want to dance, so if you like to Pinkie party then check this guy. (chances are, you already did though since he is many's favorite brony musician out there)

Episode 12: It Runs In The Family - For Omnipony

It's a joke about Omni being Alex S brother... Or is it?

Wubs all over the place with this one, so get ready to headbang... Or get new headphones...

Episode 13: Why is Rainbow Dash in a Kart? - For Makkon

I think the joke is rather obvious here XD, Makkon doesn't just do music he composes scores, things to be used as BGMs for something else, so get ready to hear some very powerful orchestral stuff.

Episode 14: Chingón - For Claire Anne Carr

Named by a very Mexican term, this brony produces mostly rock (actually, he dived in another genres but it isn't the kind of music I'm showing in the post) with a very local flavor, and by that I mean cowbell.

Episode 15: He Makes Pony Music Too - For Mysterious Bronie

Joke about how he compared himself to Mando back on his first pieces, their styles are kind of similar too, but he is more focused in the rock/pop side rather than the acoustic/folk one... Not saying he doesn't make a good job at those though.

B-Side:

Episode 1: The Same Thing With a Different Name - For Donn DeVore, Lenich, Jesse Carlson, x3bs (TripleBlueShell), Modus, Peacock, Contempt and General Mumble

Episode 2: Wooden Toasters... How do They Work? - For Glaze, Lunar Monday, Pokey Smokes, StormWolf, Cyril the Wolf, GaugeN, HexAsH, Tremil, metadragonart, WolfOfSadness, Warbalist, Blaze, Eternal Imsomniac and Likonan

?: Technically Right is The Best Kind of Right - For Daniel Ingram and William Anderson

Episode 3: Soon - For TeiThePony, Lectro Dub, ʐʌhqō, Toastwaffle, Forest Rain, Peak Freak and Poni1Kenobi

B-Side has a more... liberal approach, Episode 1 was called like that becase... Well... it is... Episode 2 was because it was a post focused on how many remixes from Glaze I could find and post about and Episode 3 is based in a pony folder I have.

There was a random episode in the middle of it, named because some words of a former user said after mentioning his theory of an old Ponyville existing and being destroyed at some point and later rebuilt by the Apples, but I don't think I quoted the thing as I should (I think the right words were "Technically correct is the best kind of correct").

Anyway, expect many musical styles in this kind of post, and if I ever do keep to a single theme in a future it's not something you guys should get used to.

And that's it! Now you can listen to ALL the music!*

*Not really.

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 3

The princess returns in this brandnew spoiler clip.

http://family-room.e...agic-exclusive/

>sees preview image

Oh oh oh oh oh! I know this one!

Sunshine Sunshine,

Ladybugs Awake!

Clap your hooves,

And do a little shake!

>Watches video

>Sunshine Sunshine...

*squee*

Hey look, Shining Armor isn't dead!

Two more variant covers are on Equestria Daily.

First, this one.

x2_f7da082.jpg

Yeah, Fluttershy and best pony. Great cover. But it and the other covers are complete CRAP compared to this MASTERPIECE!

1236545_ful.jpg

Do I even need to say anything? Don't get me wrong, I'm about to make a huge piece of text summarizing why this is awesome but by gawd, you can all tell how awesome this is just from a glance at it.

WARNING: WHOVIAN FANGASM IMMINENT!

Okay, first off, as a Whovian, I am fangasming so fucking hard right now. Just, damn this perfect. I mean we have the Doctor looking awesome and serious and it all looks badass.

But oh my gawd, the references!

Seriously, The Doctor has the Fob Watch. Which is basically an ordinary fob watch as far as I know(I've seen little of the first, seventh, eighth and tenth docs) except for the supposedly Gallifreyan stuff on the back.

fob_watch2.jpg

Second, he has the awesome and iconic very long scarf worn by the fourth doctor.

tumblr_ma8joc6Ar11qmlfyg.jpg

Third, the lantern looks like the TARDIS.

220px-TARDIS2.jpg

And fourth, the Weeping freaking Angel(or pegasus in this case) in the background!

weeping-angel.jpg

Sorry, just had to get the fangasming out of my system. I'm done now.

So, Tara Strong will be answering questions of the Hub's twitter tomorrow.

http://www.equestria...ns-on-hubs.html

Also there will be a party celebrating the comic's release.

http://www.equestria...party-with.html

• Thumbs Up 6

Another variant with the Rarity/Fluttershy combo. Also Pinkie (AND Rainbow Dash. Gawd she's small on that cover);

154375_10152248707210072_20197569_n.jpg

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 7

Ugh... I'm not sure what to feel about the Doctor Whooves cover. I mean, it's a really cool shout out to the Whovians, I'll give it that, but... I guess I'm the only whovian brony who doesn't understand the fascination with Doctor Whooves. I'll spoiler my rant, because I complain about Doctor Whooves so much that I'm probably annoying folks about now.

On one hand, it's a very obvious cool shout out. But on the other, it's a little too obvious. And I really never liked the Idea of the darker, more terrifying Doctor Who aliens in Equestria. Heck I don't like the Doctor Who universe combining with the My Little Pony universe in general. I just find that they have nothing in common.

God, sometimes I feel like I'm the only Whovian Brony who doesn't know what's so special about Doctor Whooves and it doesn't help he's based off of David Tennant (Whom although I love and I think he did an excellent job, it's kind of tiring to see nothing but praise.) There's nothing but praise on the Equestria Daily page and of all the fanons, Doctor Whooves probably is the most bland, IMO.

I guess I'm just really picky with any crossover that's not a Roger Rabbit style mashup.

Still I guess it's cool for those who do enjoy the fanon.

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings
  • Thumbs Up 3

Ugh... I'm not sure what to feel about the Doctor Whooves cover. I mean, it's a really cool shout out to the Whovians, I'll give it that, but... I guess I'm the only whovian brony who doesn't understand the fascination with Doctor Whooves. I'll spoiler my rant, because I complain about Doctor Whooves so much that I'm probably annoying folks about now.

On one hand, it's a very obvious cool shout out. But on the other, it's a little too obvious. And I really never liked the Idea of the darker, more terrifying Doctor Who aliens in Equestria. Heck I don't like the Doctor Who universe combining with the My Little Pony universe in general. I just find that they have nothing in common.

God, sometimes I feel like I'm the only Whovian Brony who doesn't know what's so special about Doctor Whooves and it doesn't help he's based off of David Tennant (Whom although I love and I think he did an excellent job, it's kind of tiring to see nothing but praise.) There's nothing but praise on the Equestria Daily page and of all the fanons, Doctor Whooves probably is the most bland, IMO.

I guess I'm just really picky with any crossover that's not a Roger Rabbit style mashup.

Still I guess it's cool for those who do enjoy the fanon.

Obvious? Not really. I mean, if you're a Whovian or familiar with the show then, yeah, it is blatantly obvious. But if you're not all that familiar with the show, you won't really notice.

As for them having nothing in common, well, I guess but I think they fit really well together. Which is kind of odd but both shows are very fantastic and grand and adventurous and funny and I think it generally fits pretty well. Even with Doctor Who's generally darker tone, I never felt like it was jarring. It's always seemed to fir perfectly fine.

It's all a matter of opinion. I do agree with the complaint that the doctor is more primarily based on ten or ten and eleven rather than having his own unique personality which bothers me at times and not so much at others. I personally love the fanon. It has great light hearted stuff like Doctor Whooves and Assistant, Dark, gory and depressing stuff like Discord Whooves, silly romantic anime stuff like Lovestruck Derpy and "Doctor Who"-like tone with Doctor Whooves Adventures. I find the character fascinating and honestly the thought of such a comedic yet tormented character ending up in such a light hearted world is really interesting to me.

But I get what you're saying. To each their own.

• Thumbs Up 1