Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Omg! i'd have to say Gilda. she's really mean! She even dared to yell at Fluttershy, and all she cared about was attention and just being really mean!

Edited by Raven Yamaki

This may not be news to some of you, but "Art of the Dress" and "At The Gala" weren't original compositions so much as Steven Sondheim songs with Pony-based lyrics (not that I'm complaining, because I've always liked Steven Sondheim anyways, and I've always thought that it made "At The Gala" even more awesome because of how similar it is to the original context of "Ever After").

So I was fiddling around on TV Tropes today and I stumbled across this while reading about something in no way related to Ponies (it was actually Batman, if you must know):

I'm sure its Meh to some of you (and I admit that I only clicked on it on accident, because I already knew what "Putting it Together" was), but go to the YouTube page and look at the comments. I completely lost my shit at the second top-rated one.

Edited by Tornado

I already knew that. Daniel did an amazing job using those melodies. :D

I knew it too (I had first seen Sunday in the Park With George nearly 10 years ago when I was in High School, and I've loved Into The Woods since I was little). I mostly just posted it so people would check the comments for the Putting it Together video and have the knowledge.

Though I will note that for whatever reason it wasn't until the Dark Reprise of Art of the Dress that the connection clicked in my mind, whereas I caught the connection with Ever After almost immediately after Fluttershy's part began.

Here's Ever After for those who have never heard it before:

Note that At The Gala is a couple of verses longer and a little bit slower-paced, which is why the video was cut up so much.

Edited by Tornado

I'm sure its Meh to some of you (and I admit that I only clicked on it on accident, because I already knew what "Putting it Together" was), but go to the YouTube page and look at the comments. I completely lost my shit at the second top-rated one.

Edited by gato

After that I went and started reading The night that never ended... Holly shit! the second part is depressing... And the 4th part leaves me with some awful mix of horror, sympathy and sadness. O_o

And that was I far as I went, gonna try to read a little more right now. ( and maybe I will read the latest part of Progress before going to bed, to avoid having thoughts about TNTNE in my sleep >_> )

Edited by Tornado

Just found something interesting to post (unless it had been posted before).

Clipboard01.png

You think it'll be interesting to see an episode where the mane cast turned into colts? I mean there is going to be a gender-bended episode in Adventure Time called Adventure Time with Fionna and Cake so um yeah.... :unsure:

When I first saw this, I was like

"...Are you fucking Serious?"

Now that I see how much attention its getting ALL OVER THE INTERNET, I'm like

"...Are you fucking Serious?"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 11

Just found something interesting to post (unless it had been posted before).

Clipboard01.png

You think it'll be interesting to see an episode where the mane cast turned into colts? I mean there is going to be a gender-bended episode in Adventure Time called Adventure Time with Fionna and Cake so um yeah.... :unsure:

There was actually a story written about that image called The 63rd Rune. The start of the story was interesting enough (albeit using the typical "Twilight screws up a spell she was learning" setup), but I haven't heard anything about it since.

Edited by AdventChild

Yeah, I have happened to read the two chapters and really liked it as well. Here's Chapter 1 and 2 if you're/anypony else is interested.

Heh, I read that not too long ago. It's a fun little read.

Over some time I've discovered reading these fan-fics to be an effective time waster.

So, after watching several episodes of this since last week, I can see the appeal.

I'll try to watch more episodes(or at least wait for the DVD's) and anticipate the 2nd Season.

Is there enough room for a late fan like me? :)

• Thumbs Up 1

So, after watching several episodes of this since last week, I can see the appeal.

I'll try to watch more episodes(or at least wait for the DVD's) and anticipate the 2nd Season.

Is there enough room for a late fan like me? :)

There is always room in the herd, bit crowded though. :)

Remember guys, love and tolereance.

Has this been reported to Equestria Daily yet?

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

Canadian Radio show Insults Bronies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbFZ-adsKc8

"Men are enjoying something aimed at girls? LOLZ THEY MUST BE TEH GAY PEDOPHILES."

If you don't like the show, fine. I can respect someone who's just not into FiM.

But just calling out the male fans with stereotyped and trite gay jokes just for not meeting stereotypical standards of masculinity reflects sexual insecurity on THEIR part, not ours.

A true man can enjoy whatever he wants, and be unashamed. A true man, regardless of sexual orientation, can enjoy MLP for what it is: an entertaining show.

That said, just let this blow over. Eventually people will move on once the initial "weirded out" phase of bronies fades away.

• Thumbs Up 7

Take a look at this. A MLP:FiM live, interactive, musical play.

July 22-23, 2011

Daily shows at: 1:00 & 3:30 pm

My Little Pony…stars Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash & Applejack in a live, interactive, musical adventure. Twilight Sparkle is a light violet unicorn pony with an indigo mane and tail and pink and purple streaks, in the pursuit of knowledge. Applejack is an orange earth pony, with a blonde mane and tail, very dependable and down-to-earth, but also has a stubborn side. Rainbow Dash, a sky blue pegasus pony, with a multicolored mane and tail, very brave and bold, but also mischievous and proud.

I have a feeling that it'll probably be bad either way and costumes would probably be.... *shudders*...., but I'm surprised that there is NO PINKIE PIE. I could probably understand the lack of Rarity and Fluttershy, but no Pink? Seriously? She sings a majority of the songs in the show and wouldn't feel right without her even when you have half of the mane cast which is weird as well to only have that many.

Heh, though it'll be funny to see the actresses reactions when a ton of teen and twenty-something year old males come to the showing.

Edited by AdventChild

So.. remember this pony convention held up by G1-3 collectionist and the (still feel like justified) fears Me and Tornado expressed over here?

Well here is some more info about it.

Little bit I found interesting:

When the convention was last in RI a few years ago, we also got to see some prototype toys that were coming to market soon and the process behind how they created them, previews of the new animated specials that were coming out (keep in mind that this was pre-FiM so I wouldn’t be surprised if they had clips of next season to show this time), and they unveiled some new stuff coming to market.

I don't really think this is true considering a few days ago we got told that the animation process was just begining (not really sure how much that takes, but it can't be that short to already have a pack of scenes to showcase).

Also, this is amazing. (despite me not beng interested in the game, it looks like a quite impressing mod)

Though it seems to be old news.

EDIT: I've also been reading lot's of fics, but I'm short of time to report about them I'm just going to say, The Vinyl Scratch tapes is awesome.

Edited by gato

There might be some storyboard teasers and possibly some audio clips, but I can't imagine that there will be any dedicated clips this early.

EDIT: I've also been reading lot's of fics, but I'm short of time to report about them I'm just going to say, The Vinyl Scratch tapes is awesome.

Yes it is. And I'm looking forward to the deluge of "Rainbow Dash is a creepy stalker" jokes that we will probably get in the next chapter.

Edited by Tornado

I have a feeling that it'll probably be bad either way and costumes would probably be.... *shudders*...., but I'm surprised that there is NO PINKIE PIE. I could probably understand the lack of Rarity and Fluttershy, but no Pink? Seriously? She sings a majority of the songs in the show and wouldn't feel right without her even when you have half of the mane cast which is weird as well to only have that many.

• Thumbs Up 2