Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

1. Hook up new 5.1 headphones.
  2. Play Suited for Success to test the how well it splits the channels.
  3. Turn off everything but the center channel (including the bass).
  4. Marvel at how everypony sings the lyrics to the songs, but without any background music.

And yes, Giggle at the Ghostie is absolutely hilarious without the music. I'm gonna try At The Gala next.

I get far too much entertainment from stupid crap like this. Though at least I now know how so many have been able to do remixes with the lyrics for all of the songs. I was originally pretty confused about how it was being done so easily.

Edit: Its up!

Its up its up its up its up its up its up its up!

130850666604.gif

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

L.A. has been ponified! Can't you just feel the friendship? :D <3

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I wonder what people's reactions to the greatest My Little Pony advertisment ever made have been?

THE HUB ROCKS!!! :D

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

Something interesting on the MLP episode article on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_My_Little_Pony_Friendship_is_Magic_episodes

NASCAR driver Carl Edwards will guest star as a character named "Watermelon Treat", as a promotion for his sponsor, Picaninny Freeze watermelon ice cream.

Take this with a grain of salt though since there is no citation for it. Though is a NASCAR sponsorship is the best they could do for now if it is true? Really?

Seriously, NASCAR, watermelon and 'picaninny' didn't give away the racist trolling, AC? =P

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm either really naive or really dense, because I didn't see the racism in it until now. I thought it was just a 12 year old boy who thinks he's funny.

*inb4"Itstakingittoofar!RuinedFr3v4*

I love the hay out of it! :D <3

264045_244821235535321_118429394841173_1152959_1731848_n.jpg

Pinkie Pie is so out of place! :P

I don't care for the show, but I gotta say, that's a clever billboard!

Seriously, NASCAR, watermelon and 'picaninny' didn't give away the racist trolling, AC? =P

Rednecks, right?

*will eventually watch it*

Do it now and watch four episodes a day like I did. *one of us one of us one of us*

...I actually miss watching MLP. Huh.

• Thumbs Up 1

According to Seth, that's not fanfiction.

533534646.jpg

(too sleepy to read right now)

Edited by Negato
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well, it seems that Yuji Naka and Takashi Iizuka now know of Rainbow Dash.

"Jennytablina (who’d been wearing a t-shirt of Rainbow Dash being ridden by Sonic – one of two separate Rainbow Dash t-shirts I saw, I’ll note: several bronies about that day) had been asked by Naka who the character was. She said “Rainbow Dash” – and apparently Naka turned to Iizuka and asked him if he knew who Rainbow Dash was…!"

The end of the fifth paragraph.

http://www.sonicretro.org/2011/06/sos-2011-the-20th-anniversary-edition/

According to Seth, that's not fanfiction.

533534646.jpg

Edited by Tornado

How to begin...

I started watching this show out of curiosity, then it started growing on me, slowly.

So yes, hello. I like ponies, henceforwards I'll be watching this thread.

:P

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic is up for two Tubey awards.

Directions on where to vote in the link below. I already voted for ponies. :)

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/06/friendship-is-magic-up-various-tubey.html

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

I hardly watch TV, so I think I will pass in the voting.

ANYWAY! (long post incoming)

I've finally got the time and will to start opining about all the pony related things I've come across during the last week.

First of all I feel like I should mention (again) that I've finally watched all of the episodes, now I can finally enjoy the thrills that come with the oh so feared pony withdrawal... yay!

Having said that, I would like to point all the fanfiction I've read... but I can't really remember every single piece of text I've gone trough, so I will just comment about the ones I can remember since I know those are the ones that I like (or that leaved some sort of big impression on me), i will also like to mention I will be leaving comments about the latest chapters of ongoing fanfictions (or endings of already finished ones) so I will leave all my commentary in spoiler tags.

Also, I'm leaving a big + for the stories I liked and I will keep following and a big - for the fics that I.... don't xD

Let's start!

1 ) Dinky Doo's father revealed:

I can't really remember how I got into this little fic, but I have to confess I found it quite endearing, the story is lovely and the characters are well done.

I like how this fic didn't focus to much into Derpy's special way of thinking and I freaking love how this story made me cry but in a good way (Derpyabuse got old quite fast for me), the ending was a bit open (and confusing thanks to my lack of English), but at least I got to read this at the time when a second part got relased, that one was most likely going to explain all of this or at least be a start of a new epic adventure for the little unicorn.

So I started with the second part and after a few paragraphs I found this little gem...

Hairspray waved it off as she chuckled. "Ah, Dinky. You're family, and I'd rather you be safe. Now, you know how some ponies will sometimes fall in love with another of the same gender?"

Dinky nodded happily. "Well, sure! My mentor Twilight and Princess Luna did that, as did Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash! Ooh, and Lyra an' Bonbon had a unicorn like me that I babysit! An' then there's-"

I have to be honest, I felt like I got hit by a bunch of bricks... I don't know why but I haven't been able to keep with the history from that point, I closed the tab and kept going...

Seriously, I don't know why such a line hit me so hard (I mean, I'm following TBoTS for Celestia's sake), maybe because the story was about something else at some point, maybe because the pairings hit me as extremely random (sans Lyra BonBon, though now they have a daughter), maybe because a chapter ago Dinky didn't even had a cutie mark and now she was talking about such topics like if it were nothing, now I'm feeling bad for thinking about that third option...

Oh well, point is, I didn't like where the story was going so I stopped.

-

2 ) The opener of ways:

Okay...

This made me feel like some equine abomination. >_>

It's a good little story though; I recommend it, if you can live with yourself after reading it..

+

3 ) Progress:

As you might now by now, this is the first story in the list that I'm going to be following, I'm sort of sad to know that the latest chapter is one of the last ones (before a seemingly long and deserved break for Andrew).

Have I talked about the latest episode?

I don't care, I will talk about it again, I loved the massive amounts of "dawwwwwww" that Luna and Fluttershy can pull together.

Also, Angel driving a freaking tank out of nowhere almost make me fall of my chair, I wonder how did he learned that baseballs are Luna's only weakness. xD

I'm going to miss this fic so much :(

+

4 ) The cutie mark clash:

What can i say, I'm a sucker for fighting games, and I like this story in a "so ridiculous and completely outrageous that is good" way.

It's a shame Captain Gamer seems to be going in a Street Fighter route, I'm more of a SNK fan, and the picture in the blog made me hopeful that I would receive some Capcom Vs. SNK like clash.

I'm still hopeful about that red alicorn being some Rugal like being. :P (though thinking about it, she also seems to have the same colour scheme as Bison >_>)

In another note, Fluttershy and Dash's combo in the latest episode was freaking awesome!

+

5 ) Secret tub fun:

I don't really have anything to say about this series, I'm just pointing this is one of the fics I'm going to keep following. :P

+

6 ) It's a dangerous business, going out of your door:

Though in Google docs is simply called "ponytales"

:lol:

This is the epic story of Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash and their quest to save Twilight from an awful disease.

I freaking love this story, one of my favourites, Jetfire makes an awesome job building it's own version of the Lord of the Rings pony world, going beyond Equestria and showing us different lands and cultures...

The characterisation is excellent, the way he builds the relationship between the 3 "main" characters and the subtle developments they are given as the story progresses are really well done (except for one, I will get tot hat latter) the use of OC's is great too. (I can't believe I would ever like an OCXMain character pairing, but I do)

The only problem I have with this series is the way it seems to be heading right now... As I said before, I loved the subtle developments of the characters during the course of this fic, like Rarity gaining a little physical strength during the journey, or Applejack learning the combat style of the Gildsedale ponies, or Rarity and Dash's sharing their ideals and strengthening their bonds...

For some reason, Rainbow Dash unlocking some sort of God mode doesn't strike me as "subtle".

Seriously, this gave me some awful shonnen vibes, and I'm no longer sure if I should keep reading this fic.

+ (for now)

7 ) The nightmare wars:

Again, nothing to talk here, but this fic has only 1 chapter and I'm already hooked. :V

+

8 ) In her Majesty's royal service:

I like where this story is going, this one could go as a really good spin-off of the main series (if it weren't for the TBoTS reference... or references?).

Chapter 4 lacked Corporal Kickstart but it made it up with some interesting stuff.

Storm Stunner going in a (sort of) date with Nomde and learns about the "Twilight Series"... Okay this one really had me laughing for some minutes, first of all this made me question if this Series is something that Twilight really publishes or is some sort of publication made by Celestia or some other authority (with or without consent of the lavender unicorn *trololololo*), the fact that the book mentions the use of involuntary muscle spasm in some ponies as a means of prospicience make me think about the former, bot who knows... The other thing that made me laugh about this scene is the idea of this fic happening in a similar timeline as TBoTS (judging by the mention of an explosion of weapon-based fashion in Manehattan, which is more likely a shout-out rather than something I should take in mind, but that's not going to stop me :V ), and I don't know you guys but Twilight's reports start becoming more and more... interesting... since the very beginning of that fic (that might also explain why Celestia was sacrificing some of her sleep time in order to be able to chat with her student, TBoTS topics are entertaining and time consuming :rolleyes: ).

In the other hoof, Crack Shot and Checkmate beaten up some mafia guys, but they seem to have been spotted in the act, I'm sure that will bring problems in the future. :lol:

+

9 ) The night that never ended:

I feel like I should report what happened here since the last time I talked about this fic was in chapter 4.

Long story short, I wasn't so moved for what happened after that point...

Okay I'm lying, Soarin' and Spitfire's part was nightmare inducing >_>, but I saw Spitfire coming from a mile away so it didn't hit me as hard as it should... I admit though, I was expecting Soarin' to become one of those guy who are able to get out of a depression and become stronger for the sake of nakama and all that crap...

The Captain's identity also took me for surprise (and I'm also surprised at how many people already knew about it >_>, confound these bronies! They make me feel dumb)

I also have to confess that I was expecting Rarity's BSOD to be some sort of realisation of her mistakes, I though again "maybe we are having some sort of character development", once again, I was disappointed to know this was some sort of anti magic attack from Trixie (was that intentional? It didn't look like that to me).

Finally, I would like to add that I saw Applejack's little secret coming, though I really don't know how are they going to be able to get out New Ponyville alive. :l

I shouldn't read this sort of stories, they drive me to depression D: , but this one is pretty well done so I will keep going.

+

10 ) The Vinyl Scratch tapes:

Without a doubt on of my favourites, it's a freaking shame that this fic only has 2 chapters and according to the author we are halfway in the story. :< (I guess that sooner or later you run out of special guests)

- Put Dj-PON3 and Octavia together in a studio.

- Make them have a talk show.

- Add a high profile pony to the show (poor little pony, it has no idea what has he gotten into)

- ???

- lols

I've never laughed so much at a pony fanfiction as this one, the second chapter was brilliant. :lol:

+

11 ) The ballad of Twilight Sparkle:

Just to point that I'm going to follow this fic.

+

12 ) The mare with a mouth:

Has this community done a story like this before? We should have more than one of these at least.

Being someone who is quite fond of Deadpool (though ti seems that I have missed some stuff, like... when did he started hosting another entity inside him? I'm talking about the second voice thing) I can feel there is some sort of force making me like this fic, I guess I could compare it to the cutie mark clash, in the sense that is just about ponies being crossover'd with another series I really enjoy.

I can't say a lot about this story yet, the only chapter so far is a bunch of nonsense that would sort of serve as an introduction to the crazy world of pinkie pool, with some added FlutterHulk.

I will try to check it out though it's not really high in my priorities.

+

13 ) Calling the shots:

Little fun story about Twilight trying to get spike to an important meeting.

Then comes Spikes retaliation.

And then seems like the retaliation continues (involuntarily, mind you... I wonder if Luna and Celestia are also recieving the steed treatment).

Some little (I'm lying, it's actually a quite big) shout-out to progress (and there must be another fic I'm missing here, talking about "Little Luna").

Overall a little fun story, it get's better as it goes so far (though I couldn't take the horse-shoe joke)

+

14 ) On a cross and arrow:

This story is part of the expansive "Twilight messes up a spell and shit happens" series.

<_<

But unlike many of them this one has a more light hearted tone.(genderbending! yay!)

I still don't have much to talk about it yet. :P

+

15 ) Knights of equestria:

Okay... I think I'm seeing a little pattern of mine here, this story has some coincidences with Sunset, and just like that story I started liking it but towards the end (or in this case, I would like to think we are heading to the end) something happens that totally throws me off and doesn't allow me to enjoy it anymore.

I guess I really hate morally confusing Twilight, and also dislike alicorn Twilight. =l

-

16 ) My little western:

I already said I like this fic and I'm following it, (or at least I think so), so I'm jumping right to the latest chapter... Which TBH it didn't seem to bring a lot to talk about. >_>

I'm just going to say that Trixie's broken horn might have affected something else apart from her magic (seriously, going against a freaking tornado just for fun?)

+

17) Vagabond:

This story made me cry ;_;

Enter a vagabond, a title given to somepony who has committed murder (though I can't remember if all the vagabonds were murderers), those ponies are exiled from their lands and will be followed and tormented by the spirit of those who he has killed until the spirit itself forgives them.

It's a really good fic, I have some minor niggles with it but the (present) story overall is good. There is a second part going on right now but I am pretty happy with the first ending so I'm going to ignore it. (for now)

(Sometimes I like to think the whole thing ends up in Chapter 8, I wonder why? D: )

- (for now)

18) You bet your flank:

So... A Trixie story that doesn't involve redemption? This is already more original than the other 4 Trixie fics I remember. :V

I like the idea behind this, but I can't really comment a lot until I know what the game is all about...

“Well, it depends on the show. Sometimes you have to guess the price of groceries, and then you get to spin a big wheel. Sometimes you have to guess letters in a word, and then you get to spin a big wheel. And sometimes, when you are all done, you have to spin a big wheel to determine what you have won!” Pinkie explained, her excitement building with each sentence.

“So what do you have to do to spin the wheel in ‘You Bet Your Flank’?” Twilight asked, worried about what the answer may be with Trixie involved.

“Twilight, don’t be silly” Pinkie admonished, patting the lavender unicorn on the head. “There’s no wheel in ‘You Bet Your Flank’!”

“I… what?” Twilight managed to get out, the confusion visible on her face.

Pinkie being Pinkie doesn't help. :wacko:

Oh well, the only thing I'm expecting right now is that both parties are going to end up hurt from this...

+

And, that's it! The +'d fics are the ones I shall keep and eye one and I will try to comment about them from time to time around here, just to have something pony to talk about while we are going trough pony withdrawal. :P

There is no reason The Twilight War should work as a story. It paints the FiM world in such a Tom Clancy-ish gray on gray vibe that everything is almost unrecognizable, and it is pretty much just as violent as a Clancy-ish take on the series would be. The characters are recognizable as slightly older versions of their show counterparts, but that is more-or-less the only direct connection between the story and the show (a major connection, to be sure, but still).

And yet every time I read a new chapter, I find myself inexplicably saying that it does work. Somehow, someway, it just does.

1 ) Dinky Doo's father revealed:

I can't really remember how I got into this little fic, but I have to confess I found it quite endearing, the story is lovely and the characters are well done.

I like how this fic didn't focus to much into Derpy's special way of thinking and I freaking love how this story made me cry but in a good way (Derpyabuse got old quite fast for me), the ending was a bit open (and confusing thanks to my lack of English), but at least I got to read this at the time when a second part got relased, that one was most likely going to explain all of this or at least be a start of a new epic adventure for the little unicorn.

So I started with the second part and after a few paragraphs I found this little gem...

I have to be honest, I felt like I got hit by a bunch of bricks... I don't know why but I haven't been able to keep with the history from that point, I closed the tab and kept going...

Seriously, I don't know why such a line hit me so hard (I mean, I'm following TBoTS for Celestia's sake), maybe because the story was about something else at some point, maybe because the pairings hit me as extremely random (sans Lyra BonBon, though now they have a daughter), maybe because a chapter ago Dinky didn't even had a cutie mark and now she was talking about such topics like if it were nothing, now I'm feeling bad for thinking about that third option...

Oh well, point is, I didn't like where the story was going so I stopped.

-

That one's quite a shame, and I agree with you. I really liked the first chapter of it, but it really shouldn't have gotten a sequel. The beginning is confusing, and once you finally find out what is going on you have to wonder what the point was to writing it in the first place. You didn't miss much by stopping when you did, because it only got worse from there.

2 ) The opener of ways:

Okay...

This made me feel like some equine abomination. >_>

It's a good little story though; I recommend it, if you can live with yourself after reading it..

+

I'm conflicted on that one. Its a good story, but its so weird. And I can't knock it for it, because being a "how does Pinkie Pie work" story makes that sort of the point.

3 ) Progress:

As you might now by now, this is the first story in the list that I'm going to be following, I'm sort of sad to know that the latest chapter is one of the last ones (before a seemingly long and deserved break for Andrew).

Have I talked about the latest episode?

I don't care, I will talk about it again, I loved the massive amounts of "dawwwwwww" that Luna and Fluttershy can pull together.

Also, Angel driving a freaking tank out of nowhere almost make me fall of my chair, I wonder how did he learned that baseballs are Luna's only weakness. xD

I'm going to miss this fic so much :(

+

No arguments there. It will be a tragedy when Progress comes to a close, though I'm still dreading the day we get the final chapter of TBoTS more (even though Gravekeeper already has ideas for a sequel/prequel).

6 ) It's a dangerous business, going out of your door:

Though in Google docs is simply called "ponytales"

:lol:

This is the epic story of Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash and their quest to save Twilight from an awful disease.

I freaking love this story, one of my favourites, Jetfire makes an awesome job building it's own version of the Lord of the Rings pony world, going beyond Equestria and showing us different lands and cultures...

The characterisation is excellent, the way he builds the relationship between the 3 "main" characters and the subtle developments they are given as the story progresses are really well done (except for one, I will get tot hat latter) the use of OC's is great too. (I can't believe I would ever like an OCXMain character pairing, but I do)

The only problem I have with this series is the way it seems to be heading right now... As I said before, I loved the subtle developments of the characters during the course of this fic, like Rarity gaining a little physical strength during the journey, or Applejack learning the combat style of the Gildsedale ponies, or Rarity and Dash's sharing their ideals and strengthening their bonds...

For some reason, Rainbow Dash unlocking some sort of God mode doesn't strike me as "subtle".

Seriously, this gave me some awful shonnen vibes, and I'm no longer sure if I should keep reading this fic.

+ (for now)

But but but but but... That's like the most awesome character development scene Dash has ever gotten in a fan fic!

Firefly being Dash's mentor! And the scene where she came back to help Dash let go of her regrets! I had to put on my thinking cap when that scene started.

I mean, me and Gravekeeper talked about the latest Dangerous Business chapter for like 3 hours last week. It was like the best chapter of the story!

9 ) The night that never ended:

I feel like I should report what happened here since the last time I talked about this fic was in chapter 4.

Long story short, I wasn't so moved for what happened after that point...

Okay I'm lying, Soarin' and Spitfire's part was nightmare inducing >_>, but I saw Spitfire coming from a mile away so it didn't hit me as hard as it should... I admit though, I was expecting Soarin' to become one of those guy who are able to get out of a depression and become stronger for the sake of nakama and all that crap...

The Captain's identity also took me for surprise (and I'm also surprised at how many people already knew about it >_>, confound these bronies! They make me feel dumb)

I also have to confess that I was expecting Rarity's BSOD to be some sort of realisation of her mistakes, I though again "maybe we are having some sort of character development", once again, I was disappointed to know this was some sort of anti magic attack from Trixie (was that intentional? It didn't look like that to me).

Finally, I would like to add that I saw Applejack's little secret coming, though I really don't know how are they going to be able to get out New Ponyville alive. :l

I shouldn't read this sort of stories, they drive me to depression D: , but this one is pretty well done so I will keep going.

+

Man, you don't even know. I god-damn cried legitimate tears at the end of Chapter 8. Chapter 8 completely wrecked my shit.

Mostly because I set myself up to have my expectations shattered alongside my optimism in the story. Long story, you probably aren't interested.

Interestingly enough, Soaren's death did nothing for me. I got hit harder when Rarity found out about it then I did when it actually happened.

The thing with Super Bitch (which is what I call the Trixie of TNTNE) was foreshadowed early in the chapter, though. When Super Bitch lost her powers temporarily and Captain Dash started making fun of her over it, she was suffering from recoil from the same spell she cast to attack the New Ponyville unicorns.

10 ) The Vinyl Scratch tapes:

Without a doubt on of my favourites, it's a freaking shame that this fic only has 2 chapters and according to the author we are halfway in the story. :< (I guess that sooner or later you run out of special guests)

- Put Dj-PON3 and Octavia together in a studio.

- Make them have a talk show.

- Add a high profile pony to the show (poor little pony, it has no idea what has he gotten into)

- ???

- lols

I've never laughed so much at a pony fanfiction as this one, the second chapter was brilliant. :lol:

+

Yes. Very awesome. Hell of a lot of D'awwwwwwww in the second chapter as well, which I was not expecting.

11 ) The ballad of Twilight Sparkle:

Just to point that I'm going to follow this fic.

+

*brohoof*

18) You bet your flank:

So... A Trixie story that doesn't involve redemption? This is already more original than the other 4 Trixie fics I remember. :V

I like the idea behind this, but I can't really comment a lot until I know what the game is all about...

Pinkie being Pinkie doesn't help. :wacko:

Oh well, the only thing I'm expecting right now is that both parties are going to end up hurt from this...

+

Bet you thought there would be spoilers here.

Edited by Tornado

Just something I made while slacking off at work, being creative with my spare time:

Thoughts, opinions, flames, etc. etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just read the two chapters of The Vinyl Scratch tapes. I loved every second that I was reading that fic.

Anyway, there is now an interview with William Anderson who does all the non-vocal music in the show.

You can find the interview here.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/06/i ... ip-is.html

"I have been made aware of it, and I think FiM deserves the attention. Two words: Lauren Faust."

"I love the show and am proud to be part of the creative/production team putting it out. Everyone at Hasbro Studios and The Hub has been so supportive. Everyone at Studio B in Vancouver has been wonderful. Roger and Adam and the folks up at Dick & Rogers do a bang-up job. The cast is terrific. The scripts and scribes are wonderful. It is a huge effort to do this, and I am just happy to take care of my little corner of the MLP:FiM universe!"

I love this fanbase so much. :)

"Jennytablina (who’d been wearing a t-shirt of Rainbow Dash being ridden by Sonic – one of two separate Rainbow Dash t-shirts I saw, I’ll note: several bronies about that day) had been asked by Naka who the character was. She said “Rainbow Dash” – and apparently Naka turned to Iizuka and asked him if he knew who Rainbow Dash was…!"

Edited by SuperStingray
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bet you thought there would be spoilers here.

I love you so much sometimes; I just thought I'd let you know.

Anyways, some of these fan-fics sound like a fun read. The ones I'm reading are kind of ok I think, I don't think the "why am I reading fan-fiction again?" has worn off yet.

Let's see here... I've attempted to read a Portal crossover thing. I thought "Pinkie Pie" and and then I thought "Portal" and then I thought "what could possibly go wrong?". Well after a few minutes into reading it I decided I didn't like crossover fics much.

There's this one called the "Elements of Discord" I think.

It's an alternate dimension story, that's kind of interesting. It takes a rather cliché idea and tries to make the best out of it. The pacing seems to all over the place, and it took me a reread or two to figure out what the hell was going on in a few chapters. It has a lot of stuff going on at the exact same time, one time we're dealing with Equestria's troubles, other times we're dealing with Fluttershy's adventure into Alternate Equestria, and then we have Twilight Sparkle going... insane because of the Elements of Discord which are from said alternate dimension. It's kind of depressing sometimes too, but it's pretty manageable.

Then there's this other one that has to deal with the mane cast's kids... I think it was called the Elements of Awesome or something. The situations they've gotten themselves into aren't exactly interesting, but I do like the characters and how they interact with each other.

I like Party the most for some reason. I think it has something to do with him being a big guy and pink. I don't really know.

Not exactly the person to judge these stories' quality, but they entertain me (except for that Portal one) so I'll read them.

Edited by Nix