Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

BIG brony news coming out of YouTube and Everfree Network!

My comments are in the "spoiler":

I watched the stream on EFN, and it was definitely worth the wait. Lots of very hilarious gags, and a great, quick pace. The lone disappointment I got was how it wasn't released on April Fool's Day. Because that beginning scene would've been sweet and hilarious, a perfect fit for that day. XD

Regardless, that doesn't change how great this is. Amazing work, PtAIII! /)

P.S.: The funniest moments were the M. Air Larson, the pop culture references attached to Equestria Girls, the Willy Wonka reference, and the classic Thomas & Friends theme being played as Fluttershy the Tank Engine chuffed back to The Yard. (One day, I hope to see Engine Roll Call ponified.)

———

And in unrelated news, Thank Luna Twilight's an alicorn. Because at least she's now in good hooves. wink.png

chaos_is_everywhere_by_jbwarner86-d6ww1g

Linkstate.

• Thumbs Up 6

Anthology III.

EASILY the best of the three.  And OMG I actually got about 75% of the jokes this time around.  A lot of great creativity and editing work, especially a lot of the original created stuff.  AND THAT INTRO.

My favorite clip was easily...

N64!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Now to watch the new episode...

That was a nice episode overall. RD and Twi were so adorable with their fangasms and analyses. The parts thatbugged me were, the mane's 6 dumb realization that they could have just gone in and helped DD, and that honestly could have avoided the entire conflict by stopping those robbers in the first place. Speaking of those robbers, the one in the red bandana sort of reminded me of John Marston, and not that I think of it, their leader reminded me of Dutch Van Der Linde... Coincidence? Maybe not, but either that's awesome. Dash stupidity while Ahuezotl's pets were attacking was really grating too, DURR I KNOW YOURE FIGHTING BUT SHOULD I TOSS YOU YOUR HAT!? Come on! When Pinkie took the ring I swear Ahuezotl sounded like he said FAGGOT! Theoretically, couldn't Twilight just kill Ahuezotl with her OP magic blasts? Fun episode all around, glad Daring Do isn't just a story within a story anymore. I doubt we'll see more of her, but still awesome. J.K. Yearling, heh nice.

On the pony anthology, I gotta be honest, I don't see their big appeal. Aren't they just essentially a mish-mash of tons of random pony videos sort like those videos with 30 minutes of Vines? I saw part of the first one that's what it looked like to me...

I just started watching Ponies the Anthology 3.

After the Valve logo parody, it starts with what I am pretty sure is a Paper Mario shout out...I love this already.

On the pony anthology, I gotta be honest, I don't see their big appeal. Aren't they just essentially a mish-mash of tons of random pony videos sort like those videos with 30 minutes of Vines? I saw part of the first one that's what it looked like to me...

A good deal of the content in the Anthologies is parodies with audio from [other fictional work] edited over ordinary episode footage. However, there's also some original animation (as well was edits, which vary from well done to bad "stylistic suck") here and there, particularly in this one's opening which is FANTASTIC. I dunno, I find 'em funny.

EDIT: Okay, I think that was my favourite of the Anthologies.

I couldn't help but grin at Larson's cameo just before the credits, and with a tongue-in-cheekily overused joke about the Elements killing Twilight near the end of Magical Mystery Cure. I expected them to use the joke and potentially subvert it, but that worked, too!

I'm watching the credits now. Is the first bit (set in Canterlot's stained glass hallway) CGI/3D animation? It looks pretty~ I love the credits gags too. "Last Minute Motherly Figure", "Honorary Canadian"...

Hmmm there's quite a few minutes left, way more than needed for credits, even with the looong list of stuff they parodied. I'm guessing there's an extra gag--is that duck singing as this list is going by? ok then--at the end.

Aw, it's actually a thanks to the show's staff (crew AND voice actors!), in the form of credits just for them, along with some cool art. That's actually really sweet--

Okay the very last bit made me smile, I think it's AJ's expression that got me. I was expecting a Stinger, but thought it'd be something very different.

...I feel kind of like Christmas just ended and I already can't wait for next year. I can only imagine what the 4th of these silly videos is going to be like.

Edited by ElementofChaos

Just popping in to let you guys know that this topic will be receiving a reset for the new year. This one will be locked as that happens and a new one will be started in its place where the discussions can continue where they left off. The locked topic will remain available and linked to in the opening post, but obviously will not be able to be replied to.

It's getting really messy due to how many pages there are. smile.png

... *looks up at page count* Wow, didn't even notice how high we were getting. With over 600,000 views as well XD. I'm going to miss this one but you gotta do what you gotta do. I wonder how this topic ranks amongst others in terms of most replies.

Anyways, my thoughts on the latest episode. I'm doing it in list format again because I just want to get my thoughts out and I have some other things to finish up at the moment.

Pros:

- Bushels and bushels of continuity.

- Lots of sight gags that honestly made me chuckle out loud.

- The fan discussions Twilight and Rainbow have are pretty hilarious.

- Mafia styled villains.

- I might be the only one here, but I really enjoyed seeing that white cat back from what seemed to be a little sight gag from Read it and Weep.

- ... Have I mentioned the animation of this season? If so whatever, I'll mention it again XD. There are a lot of great small animations thrown in here that just impressed me so much.

- This may be the first time I've ever said this, but I really liked the message this episode gave. Weird, I've never really cared for them.

-A.K. Yearling... heh

-Sonic would love this episode...

Cons:

- Though the scenes with Twilight and Rainbow were nice, they did seem to drag on a fair bit too long for my taste

- I don't mind Daring as a character (I've never really cared for her since I didn't really find her or Read it and Weep too entertaining) but now that she's real her design bugs the fuck out of me. She's a recolor of Dash. This was acceptable before because it could of easily been said that Rainbow was projecting her likeness onto the character but now it's just really weird. There's not much that can be done to it but it just sort of came out of left field for me. I don't mind that the stuff she deals with actually happened in Equestria (it really does make sense given Equestria and general and I'm surprised I've never considered it) but really, they look like twins.

- There were a couple of plot holes in this. How were Rainbow and Daring able to lift the (power) ring out of the temple and fly with it when they had just spent 3 minutes trying to lift the thing 5 feet from the pole? Also, in the beginning of the episode it says that the new book (even without the delay Twilight says) would be released in about 3 and a half months. The events in the episode happened that amount of time away from the release. At the end of the episode Dash is scene writing in the new journal and receiving a pre-release copy of the book a week before the actual release. So... does this mean Dash waited at least a good 3 months to write down what she learned?

Plus, why didn't the main six help Daring when she was getting beaten up by the mafia gang? Did they really not thing to do so in the amount of time they had. They could of easily put a stop to the whole thing. No wonder Daring didn't want their help. If I saw a group of people outside a window looking in while I was getting my ass handed to me I wouldn't want their help either. XD It just seemed way out of character for them. I know these are just small little nitpicks but they did bug me.

- A very small nitpick, but why does the journal only have Twilight's cutiemark on it. I thought it was suppose to represent the whole groups' experiences.

- And yet again, Spike is left out of another party. Where was he anyway?

Overall, this episode was a lot of fun to watch. Though, I have to say there were a lot of errors I picked up on with just my first viewing. It's not as solid as most of the other episodes but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't enjoyable.

Also, about that madness that is PONIES The Anthology 3... it was a bit more head scratching than funny. Though, I will say it did get quite a few laughs out of me. That whole Rarity animation with the Windows background almost killed me. A good time overall if you ask me.

• Thumbs Up 2

- I don't mind Daring as a character (I've never really cared for her since I didn't really find her or Read it and Weep too entertaining) but now that she's real her design bugs the fuck out of me. She's a recolor of Dash. This was acceptable before because it could of easily been said that Rainbow was projecting her likeness onto the character but now it's just really weird.

Actually, back in Read It and Weep we saw Daring on the cover and she had the same design. It wasn't just in Rainbow's mind. That being said, I suppose they could have given the real Daring a different design.

I'm really intrigued by the reveal that Daring Do and her exploits are real. I mean, is there anyone else who knows (aside from the mane six, now)? And how much of the books are what really happened and how much is fiction (i.e. made up to fill pages XP)?

• Thumbs Up 1

Watched the new episode last night and while I rather enjoyed it, I also had many issues with it.

* I always enjoy seeing Rainbow Dash in a "humble" mode, whereas she doesn't just think of herself as the most awesome thing ever and there is something even greater than her (in this case, Daring Do).

* So... Daring Do is a real pony and the books are autobiographies?  Don't really know what to think of that.  I think I would have enjoyed the episode more if it had focused more on the author side of Daring Do's personality and not just jump right into "OMG DARING DO IS REAL!!!!"

* As others have stated, I have issues with Daring Do being a simple recolor of Rainbow, for both the reasons of laziness and too much of a coincidence.  I liked the idea that RD was imagining herself as DD while reading the books (because seriously, who hasn't done that when reading a book/watching a movie etc.) even if her design was already set with the covers of the books.

* As I'm watching Season 4's first four episodes, all I can ask is, "How exactly has this group saved the world on so many occasions?"  Sure, they worked together well at the end of the episode, but so far this season they have been shown to be rather incompetent as a team.

All in all, a fun episode that felt a little different from the usual episode as far as structure and pacing was concerned, but I think I've had enough adventure this season so far.  Let's get a little slice-of-life episodes already.

Annnnd new extended synopsis for Power Ponies.

The twist is...

Everything in the comic was real all along!

jk, it's actually a Spike episode, when for some reason I thought it wasn't going to be centered around any character, like Castle Mane-ia.

I'm really looking forward to this one, mostly because I feel it's going to be like Read it and Weep only crazier and cheesier. I'm probably setting myself for disappointment but I want some Sentai-like moments.

Like this:

4-4753-22209-OverTimePirateSentaiGokaige

• Thumbs Up 3

As a huge Power Rangers / Sentai fan, I can honestly say I'm looking forward to this one quite a bit.  The more cliché the better in my opinion on this one.  But why do I get the feeling it will be more like Justice League / Avengers than Power Rangers? sad.png

Wow, I can't believe this slipped under the radar here. Though, I guess it was bound to with the releasing of anew episode and the third Anthology. Anyways, Jan (the animator for the show quality animations in the Brony Documentary and countless other pieces if you didn't know) just finished the animation to a Minecraft animatic he did a while back. I remember watching the animatic over the summer and being very psyched about the final project. Needless to say, it didn't disappoint me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_TMtgjQuZI

• Thumbs Up 2

As a huge Power Rangers / Sentai fan, I can honestly say I'm looking forward to this one quite a bit.  The more cliché the better in my opinion on this one.  But why do I get the feeling it will be more like Justice League / Avengers than Power Rangers? sad.png

Because it's a western cartoon (in a western setting, just in case any of you guys want to bring up Avatar), hence more likely to reference western super hero tropes.

We already know it'll have comic book-esque "sound effects" thanks to the HUB commercials and most of the Power Ponies seem to act like some DC heroes.

* Pinkie being the Flash

* AJ might be Wonder Woman

* Twi might be Green Lantern

* Rarity might be Catwoman (with magic!)

* Fluttershy could be Aquaman (only not restricted to water)

* and I have no idea what Dash might be.

Of course, most of this is speculation and the colorful costumes give me a little hope buuuut, I'm not really expecting it

Thinking about it, the only western cartoon I can ever remember referencing something similar to Sentai was Megas XLR. ( and it's not even Sentai, since they were actually referencing Gatchaman)

ps: As a side note, I really wish I had the time to see some Sentai/PR, I actually haven't seen them since SPD.

It's Saturday, which means it's time for...

internet_fight_2_by_mezkalito4p-d4jtew2.

Discussion and Debate

We're all gonna hate it aren't we? D:

Doom and Gloom commentary aside, I'm not sure what to expect about today's episode, as the days went by I actually thought it wasn't going to deal with the disability thing at all, that it was going to be a lot more tame than what we were expecting to. Then I spoiled myself with on of EW's screens and I started to think I was right and at most this was going to be a rehearsal of The Show Stoppers, since the screen I saw gave me a particular "nostalgic" feel I actually thought I was going to hear the good version of the CMC song, which would be the most awesome case of assets recycling I've ever known about (not that I know many of them mind you).

Of course, Meghan's tweet doesn't really mean the last 2 parts of my expectations won't become true. But now I'm really left thinking if they are going to make Scoot fly and perform a Sonic Rainboom or not. Kinda nervouscited about this episode... (the title would suggest she does, but I'm still unsure)

I don't have anything to add about the previous episode. :V

It's been awhile since I could say that a MLP episode wrapped itself up really nicely, because it did.  The ending was pretty much everything I wanted out of it (though, I think Harshwhinny and Rainbow Dash neglected to mention that the auditions were going to be held in a stadium filled to the brim with ponies, but whatever).  They delivered the moral of the story well and managed to weave in some of that friendship stuff on top of it.  I didn't expect them to do a reprise of the song at the end though, but it worked perfectly and made the ending stand out even more.

Good episode overall.  Lots of feels and stuff.

• Thumbs Up 3

Best episode of the season, did great job of touching on the "possible" disability without hitting sad-fic territory. I also loved the song, not my favorite but among CMC songs it's just below Bad Seed, and RD was amazing, supportive mentor Dash is the best Dash. Only way this could have been any better is if they referenced how Dash kind of learned a similar lesson herself last week and Scoot got her mark, that tease at the end was irritating. Curse you DHX!

Also, did anyone else notice that we've reached the conclusion of the Granny Smith vs. speedy Scoots trilogy?

Show Stoppers: Knocked into incoherent angry gibberish.
Sleepless in Ponyville: Gracefully dodges the precocious pegasus.
Flight to the Finish: High Five- er high...one? Hoof bump/slap thingy.

• Thumbs Up 6

I applaud the new writer for capturing so much I love about MLP on his first try.

I really, really love the episode. It's probably in my top 10 even. The feelings and lesson in this episode just felt great (and personally relatable), and that's what makes it amazing to me (that and the super catchy song). The rest of the episode was good too, nothing outstanding, but good, Dash struggling with being a serious mentor was a fun watch, though.

It also felt so nicely paced through-out. This is the first episode in a long time that just felt - rounded. So yeah, I genuinly love it.

This episode was surprisingly touching. It makes me remember the times when I cringed at the prospect of CMC episodes, even though I adore them now. They've really grown on me as characters, and this episode definitely shows why.

The ending in particular did a great job of tugging at my heartstrings. Scootaloo's believable sadness and dejection gave way to a great reconciliation among the friends, and the triumphant reprise of the song was perfect. It was impossible not to grin during that scene.

Also, the new song (including the reprise) for anyone who wants it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqBzKkFHPus

• Thumbs Up 4

Why haven't they killed off Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon? Can I do it for Hasbro?

I actually hope they develop and show some signs of humanity in the show; Silver Spoon kinda already showed a bit of depth in Family Appreciation Day when she seemed genuinely moved by Granny Smith's story. 

School bullies sometimes change when they get older, so I wouldn't rule out that possibility for them (or at least one of them) just yet.

While not as good as Sleepless in Ponyville, this wasn't a bad episode at all. My biggest complaint is how long the schoolhouse scene dragged out for. They established the point pretty quickly, but it just kept going on and on.

It's nice that they finally got a song in and it wasn't a bad one either. A friend of mine who loves this show is going to be happy since he's been waiting for a song to come up.

So it's established that Scootaloo lives in a house. That destroys any theories of her being homeless though doesn't answer the theory of whether she's an orphan or not. I'm hoping the “maybe you will and maybe you won’t” question will be answered in the future.

By the way, fuck Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon! They sure hit a new low in this episode! I really want karma to come back and bite them hard!

Finally, dammit, DHX! You and your trolling when the camera zoomed on Scootaloo's flank! I really thought she was going to get a cutie mark right there!

CMC strike again.

* Loving the new face art used throughout this episode.

* Really liked the new song, kind of stands out from most of the others.  Also really liked the visuals that went with it.

* Nice to see Scootaloo got a new scooter.

* And it's nice to see the CMC finally standing up to Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.

* This episode really is an excellent example of how weak and shallow bullying can be.

* I just can't figure Rainbow Dash out sometimes.  One episode I question how she's presented, the next episode I love it.  Ugh...

* "I do not like them one bit."  Thank you, Sweetie Belle.

* Nice touch with the reprise of the song.

* And once again, a CMC episode that I love.  They never seem to fail me.

Yeah, I liked this one quite a bit.

• Thumbs Up 4