Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

2zxts00.png

This brandnew pic shows the CMC skiing in the Crystal Empire.

Foreshadowing much?

Joseph Lambert
Please be advised that Power Ponies carries a rating of TV-Y7-FV. Power Ponies is this Saturday

Please be advised that Power Ponies carries a rating of TV-Y7-FV. Power Ponies is this Saturday

If you're going by the Hubworld Website, then it's likely a mistake. I've noticed a few other episodes being rated with a Y7-FV tag that ended up being rated Y.

Though with a superhero based story, I guess it could be possible for it to happen. I dunno, we'll see.

We got more synopsis!

Rarity Takes Manehattan!

Doesn't sounds too interesting on paper, but then again, Rarity episodes are normally like that, and then we see the episode itself...

I like one anon's theory that Rarara will actually end up helping the art thief.

Rarity then discovers that true talent shines through. The copy-cat was just such a big fan of Rarity's style that she had to make something herself, but it was ultimately the copies that everyone wanted. Rarity generously lets the imposter use her designs and helps the other fashion pony find her own interpretation of the originals. This works out for Rarity as she becomes even more renowned for not only her own lines but for inspiring another great designer. The original benefits from the derivative and vice-versa. 

Then Hasbro collapses into a black hole from the density of the irony.

That'd be... Interesting. (the last sentence being nothing more than an hilarious interpretation)

Pinkie Apple Pie.

Well this one is... Random... (inb4redundancy pointing)

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say this is triggered after Pinkie saw/heard/noticed anything about an Apple Family reunion and wanted to be part of it.

I mean, she's already pretty much family as far as AJ is concerned, she just doesn't get invited to this events because maybe the rest of the family might not see it that way.

Also, first time AJ and Pinkie get some meaningful time together! o/ (and we'll later have the comic centered around them, I wonder how will this characters interact in this 2 medias)

Rarity Takes Manehatten sounds 

very interesting. I always love seeing episodes about Rarity's job, and the last one that really focused on her career as a designer was Suited For Success. Her business is one aspect I really like about her character, so an episode highlighting it definitely intrigues me.

YYqwt1e.jpg

Quick question, who's Twilight and RD supposed to be. Those are the only 2 I do not know.

I don't know for sure, but RD looks like Quicksilver from X-Men?

YYqwt1e.jpg

Quick question, who's Twilight and RD supposed to be. Those are the only 2 I do not know.

Using my knowledge of comic book superheroes, I can tell you that Twilight Sparkle is Nite Owl from Watchmen, and Rainbow Dash is indeed Quicksilver (As ED mentioned) of X-men fame.

New synopsis for Rainbow Falls!

A bit on the predictable side but there is a big chance this is part of the Equestrian Games arc we seem to have been getting.

ohmy.png There is also a chance of seeing one or more Wonderbolts working for Cloudsdale. And I guess there is also a chance for this being a "key episode" since it could make a big deal out of RD's royalty.

Quite excited to see this one, not the mention the local could be quite the rainbow drool inducing sight.

• Thumbs Up 2

Micro-Series Issue #10 - "The Day Shift"

In this comic, Princess Luna claims that her nightly duties are far harder than the utter cakewalk Celestia contends with during the day. In response, Celestia agrees to take the day off, giving Luna free reign (along with the aid of her royal adviser, Kibitz). Luna's inability to relate to her citizens leads to shenanigans, as one might expect!

While the premise is simple, Luna is characterized amazingly here. I'd go so far as to say this issue is an even better spotlight than Luna Eclipsed, and its focus on both princesses' royal duties was interesting. I was pleased to see the return appearance of the Flim Flam Bros. and Fancypants, and even Flax Seed and Wheat Grass from Rarity's micro-comic. 

I'd say this is my second favorite micro issue, just barely behind Rarity's. It's good, people. Really good.

Personally I thought Luna's issue out of the mini-series was the best and the funniest of them. Considering this was the final issue of the minis, they ended it on a really good one. I have to agree, they did a great job on Luna's characterization and I hope to see her more in the comics.

It's time for...

equestria__s_mightiest_heroes_by_fongsau

ASSEMBLING!

Oh man, I've been looking forward for this one, I can see some stuff not being explained but they'd have to really mess things up to make me not like this episode.

Other than that I don't have much else to talk about. I'm just here for Godzilla. :V

4f6Mi.png

Something that I left from the previous episode is that (if we go with the flightless route) we are starting to get more differences between Scootaloo and Dash, I mean besides the flying thing.

It's interesting to note that when things started to go wrong for the orange filly she mostly held up everything and (while noticeably sad about this) she was never shown sobbing about her issues until the very lasts moments. Rainbow Dash on the other hoof tends to channel her inner Rarity whenever things go wrong for her, the only exception I can think to this was in Hurricane Fluttershy while she got a little more aggressive out of the frustration that caused her to see her friend in such a state.

The episode also makes me wonder if you'd still look up to someone you know you are never going to be able to even get close to. It also made me think that if she ever does fly people could look back to this episode and feel it was a pretty nice buildup to that moment. And it also reminded me that I somehow expected Scoot's scooting and determination would be part of her cutie mark reveal, but back in S1 we've also learned that she was a good choreographer (Actually, it's a little curious how the 3 crusader's perceived talents happen to be forms of art).

I seriously forgot a lot of stuff last week. . _.

Anyway, see ya in a few hours! o/

Using my knowledge of comic book superheroes, I can tell you that Twilight Sparkle is Nite Owl from Watchmen, and Rainbow Dash is indeed Quicksilver (As ED mentioned) of X-men fame.

I Googled it and yes you both are correct. Thanks for telling me ^^

I honestly thought the episode was pretty meh. Just a straightforward super-hero episode with not much substance to it, and even the parody stuff got old to me quick. I was actually bored most of the time minus one or two Pinkie/Rarity moments. Maybe it's just because I'm not that big of a superhero guy, but yeah - this episode fell flat for me.

Though I appreciate that they addressed the "Spike is just a comic relief" issue.

I liked this episode a lot. It was a nice change of pace from what we usually see in the show. It was nice to see a bunch of references to the actual superhero cartoons.

As for Mane-iac, my only complaints about her was that her lines that were pun-filled were pretty lame. Other than that, she was a pretty good villain. Definitely different than the usual villains we saw so far.

What I like best about this episode though was that all the Mane 6's powers matched their personalities perfectly. Fluttershy going all hulk was just hilarious!

I like the message at the end too. When Spike is needed, he always comes through.

It was fun. Kinda straightforward with nothing too crazy going on, but Rarity, Hulkershy, and the wonderfully over-the-top Mane-iac stole the show.

God Fluttershy, you bitch, "oh it looks like everything's under control, so I'm just gonna fucking leave and stuff, if that's ok".  That being said, Flutterhulk was amazing.

Episode was pretty straight forward super hero shenanigans, which is pretty much all I wanted.  Rarity and Pinkie stole the show, especially Rarity.

>needs to create something to get out of a tornado

>summons tea

>"Something useful!"

Also:

502856__safe_spike_crossover_beard_dexte

• Thumbs Up 6

Eh, one of the better Spike episodes I guess? 

Though I don't see where they get the idea of Spike being useless unless counting when his episodes have him inconsistently incompetent and shed in a negative light, then yes, but it isn't all Spike's fault. Not to mention he being a fire-breathing dragon with fire/lava-resistant scales and teeth that can break gemstones and can be able to grow to Godzilla size and goes on a rampage whenever he's greedy doesn't at all sound useless. He even help defeated friggin' Sombra for heaven's sake! But the whole Spike as comic relief makes sense and it didn't shed him in a negative light like prior Spike episodes and had him slightly better written than others I guess. 

Neat to see the castle gets another mention. Speaking of which, it makes me think that this whole "useless to useful" scenario would have been better for Spike if he gets a Home Alone type episode in a library/castle setting, proving more his worth by defending the library/castle (despite the many quirks the castle may have) by setting booby traps and whatnot and be able to stand ground all by himself. 

The biggest problem I kinda have with this is the plot as it felt pretty weak along with predictable and the whole 'enchanted' comic book felt a bit of a cop out. And like what I said with Flight to the Finish, it would have been better if Discord had a claw in it to make it more interesting. Also, still nothing progressing the keys and box plotline like how Daring Don't missed the opportunity for it. The comic book shenanigans lead to some interesting moments, but it didn't add anything new to (parody) it as well as they felt slightly tiresome and kinda forced esp. with Flutterhulk. Kinda disappointed that she didn't turn into a recolored Roid Rage/Snowflake and didn't like the design, oh well. Mane-iac was interesting to say the least and even though intentional, the villain puns were just lame. Again, like with Daring Do, 'stallions as evil henchmen' is getting irksome, IMO and hopefully, Big Mac in the upcoming episodes involving AJ says more than just Eeyup/Nope this time around. 

There are some missed opportunities in terms of superpowered pony personas such as RD who claims to be the Iron Pony could have gotten an Iron Man motif and wear a cool metallic suit of armor with laser canons. Also, Fluttershy could make a great Aqua Man like super hero. It would be neat to see Fluttershy to manipulate water, wield a huge trident, and of course, try to summon animals to help that can lead to some funny antics such as a beluga whale falling out of the sky onto the Mane-iac or summoning sewer gators where one or more look like Gummy. I think that would have been a better choice than the Hulk just to bring out AssertiveShy again.

So, pretty much on the fence with this one, so it's kinda okay/meh for a Spike episode, not bad just not good.
  • Thumbs Up 2

I like that Spike didn't need to prove to the others that he was useful. They knew that already, especially after important events like the Crystal Empire. This wasn't about Spike proving his worth to his friends; It was about proving it to himself, and I think the episode pulled that off pretty well.

Power Ponies was tons of fun, and I enjoyed the zany, Silver Age tone of the dialog and story. The Mane-iac was great, and I enjoyed seeing each pony's superhero persona.

All in all, another solid episode from season 4.

• Thumbs Up 7

All I gotta say....

Flutterhulk is best pony. I was laughing more at that scene than I should have. Like goddamn Fluttershy. It was funnier when her friends were all staring at her in shock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=channel%3A51d259c2-0-2694-90cd-47d7b3a8cc4&feature=iv&src_vid=Y9SVALL5eWU&v=o2dMIuc9MqY

Anywho, I felt so sorry for Spike. He just wanted to be a hero ;A; 

A very straightforward story with a lot of fun thrown into it. The superhero plot was pretty much what I wanted the Mare Do-Well episode to be. The Mane-iac was definitely one of the highlights of the episode, giving me vibes of Doctor Octopus, Sedusa and even a bit of the Joker (Heck, psychotic laugther when she was defeated just screamed Joker)

It does bother me that the comic book's explanation by a "Enchanted Comic book store" rather than having something like Discord being involved. I admit, I was thinking "Really?" when that was brought up.

I'm kind of surprised they're not using Discord that much after his reform. Then again, I wouldn't like him just becoming a plot convenience for every weird thing happening in the show.

But I digress.

As a fan of Superheroes, I can say that this was definitely a fun watch. Story was a little bit simple, but it made up with fun superhero tributes and a very nice take on Spike this time around. I enjoyed it.

Well, Season 4 certainly seems to be putting the Wilhelm Scream to frequent use.