Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

I liked this episode. I love how Silver Age-y the Maneiac's plan was--messing up everyone's hair! Though assuming it had the same effect on everyone as it did her, including the whole "turning evil" thing...*shudder* I have to say, Flutterhulk was terrifying, but I did laugh when she looked all sheepish at her friends' shocked expressions.

RE: Pinkie Apple Pie's synopsis.

"Pinkie Pie sets out to discover whether or not she is related to the Apple family. " ...this...could be interesting. I'm actually kind of hoping for a "family isn't about blood relations" message or something like that, but that depends on whether or not Pinkie is right. Either way, I'm expecting some Applejack and Pinkie bonding, so I look forward to it.

What's interesting about these two is their similar, yet different, backgrounds. Pinkie always seemed to feel out of place on the depressing rock farm and ended up leaving it (at some point) for a life more suited to her special talent. AJ, on the other hand, thought she had a destiny apart from the farm she grew up in, but ended up realizing it was where she belonged after all.

idk this probably won't be explored in the episode but it's one of the reasons I want them to interact more.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hm, don't have too much to say on this one. Especially since a lot of what I was going to say has been stated here in great detail.

Pros:

- I was I liked how Mane-iac was a perfect mixture of Doctor Octopus and Joker, right down to her back story.

-The animation of every character was extremely varied and never static, ESPECIALLY Mane-iac.

- The whole opening scene with Spike nerding out was great and fun to watch.

- A lot of great little side gags by Pinkie.

- Maretropolis is a great setting and just proves that show can work in more modern environments.

- Enchanted comic books, every kids (and adults) dream.

- Flutterhulk

Cons:

-This episode really dragged a fair bit after the opening. It became clear early on that Spike was going to become Boy Wonder I mean Aqua Man I mean Humdrum and have to step up to the fact that he is just as helpful as the main six (an idea that I thought was pretty much done with after the season 3 opener with him pretty much saving the day). I thought the episode just spent too much time setting up ideas to the point where it had too little time at the end to fully take advantage of them all.

-... This may be a nitpick more than anything but why are they renovating the castle again?

-Still no best pon... *sees Rarity's post below* Best pony. The one that's an alicorn princess that's blue and has sparkly hair and a moon on her butt. That best pony.

Overall, this was a good episode. Though, I can't say I really enjoyed it throughout the whole time watching. The episode just lingered to long on certain ideas with too little of a pay off. The episode doesn't do anything wrong, but it didn't really do too much that was entertaining either.

Also, guys (Luna biased aside(notreally)) I highly recommend you check out the Luna micro comic that just came out. It truly is a great read and takes the character to an interesting place that both intrigues and makes me want to see more of this specific character trait.Take note writers of the show! I haven't been that active of a follower of the comic series but if the rest are even half as good as this I may check them out as well.

Edit: Hehe, good one Rarity. ..Don't play with me >:/

-Still no best pony

But best pony stole the show like she always does!

iM23PZz.gif

I have to say, I really enjoyed this episode, but that's probably because I'm a sucker for superheroes and bad puns. It's either right behind or tied with the Scootaloo episode as my favorite for this season so far. As for them renovating the castle, I assume that by the end of the season it'll become Twilight's or something to that effect.

I haven't posted my thoughts at all regarding this season, and I can't really go in-depth on each episode as that would require me to re-watch them all, which I don't have the time to do right now, so I'll just leave it at that it's been a pretty strong start and all the episodes have been fairly good so far. Hopefully I'll be able to start writing my thoughts down on each episode as they air.

• Thumbs Up 8

This was a really straightforward episode. No real turns here and there, but damn was it fun. The lesson was delivered alright I suppose, I didn't really feel for it because we already know how useful Spike was to the crew, even if he needed to prove it to himself. The highlights were definitely everyone messin with their powers however, it was real nice and funny to see how they used them. Rarity being Fab. Twi learning how to fire a freeze ray, and Flutterhulk, just plain gold.

G9TWN.png
Overanalyzing is SUPER!

In Celestia's day, in Luna's night.
With friendship's flame, our souls ignite.
Let those who worship evil's might.
Beware my power, the radiant light!

(by ImRaidAccount)

Episode 71: Power Ponies

The episode starts at night, Twi is trying to get some rest but an annoying light doesn't let her accomplish that, it turns out Spike is doing some late night comic book reading (who hasn't?) and despite Twi's claim to get some sleep due the hard work day they have ahead Spike just can't put it down since he's just about to reach to the good part, he proceeds to explain our night cap wearing Alicorn (

is the royal night cap, she's required to wear it) about the comic's story:

As it turns out he just read the origin story of the mane villain, the mane-iac, a power-hungry shampoo tycoon who after suffering a freaky accident she gained freaky super powers, and an even freakier attitude. She somehow got a hold of the Power Ponies sidekick Humdrum and the coward ended up spilling the beans about an electric orb that could power the mane-iacs doom artifact.

Twi doesn't want the baby dragon to be kept awake so late, but after seeing he still wants to read the book she decides to let him read for a few more minutes (I quite liked this scene since Twi shows both a motherly and nerdy side of her, I say the later because she clearly knows how it feels to be hooked to a good story)

It turns out the big day was a total magical restoration of the old sisters castle, never to be one to follow the royal protocol, Princess Twilight decides that it should be her and her friends to ones to do all the job instead of leaving it to the peasants/servants/guards. Now, who ordered this, why are they doing this and many other castle related questions you might be pondering right now go completely unanswered, which annoys me a little because that little bit made me really curious about it, but I hope I'll grow to appreciate this little scene once the season is over.

503250__safe_twilight+sparkle_pinkie+pie

Anyway! The mane 6 continue their restoration works and Spike is more than willing to help, sadly, none of the ponies seems to require his assistance at all (which made Twi's insistence for him to go to sleep a little pointless) so the Alicorn suggests the dragon to finish reading his book and how Humdrum defeats the villain (was that a lucky guess? Or something else...) or something like that, Spike points the improbability of a comic relief sidekick ever being useful at anything and drives the point home by tripping against his arch nemesis, the inert aluminum bucket. He decides to do as her sisterly figure said and go finish the buck but not without first being on the receiving end of a brick joke (nice one BTW it actually took me some views to realize the bucket that fell on his head was the same one he tossed before).

Back alone in a room of the castle Spike reads and finds out that Humdrum is being a nuisance to the main group but then he suddenly starts feeling a little identified with the character, he goes to the next page but it turns out it's in blank, the whole story is over except for a very tiny piece of text that could only be described as 3 lines (as you may known, pony alphabet is a little weird). He gets a magnifying glass and reads what appears to be some incantation (a la Starswirl) and starts to get sucked into the book, the mane 6 arrive and try to rescue him but in a nice rehash of A Dog and a Pony Show they also get sucked (while pinkie just diving into the trouble).

Spike awaits and find out in a very familiar yet strange place. Maretropolis! He hears AJ make a comentary and he notices the setting isn't the only thing that has changed because the mane 6 have turned into the Power Ponies themselves!

- Twilight is Masked Matter-Horn
- Pinkie Pie as Filly Second
- Rainbow Dash as Zapp!
- Rarity as R-ra-radiance (I think that's what spike said)
- Applejack as Mistress Marevelous
- And Fluttershy as Saddle Rager (that's... Quite a name... Also, dat flowly mane...)

Sadly, there is not much more time for introductions since a little bellow our super heroes a building is being attacked by the one and only Mane-iac! Who doing honor to her name, starts laughing like a Joker Expy.1

The next act has the ponies arguing a little about what is going on, Spike reveals that the enchantment he read in the comic said that to go back home they had to finish the story by defeating the Mane-iac, of course the villain has other plans, she starts throwing all kind of blunt objects to our super heroes like concrete-destroying pretzel stands, mail boxes and "Arnold's Mr.Freeze-tier" puns (which I loved, thank you very much). Pinkie manages to avoid this attacks while activating her super power, ludicrous speed! Spike then proceeds to do comic book-like exposition while the battle between the ponyranger and the villain unfolds... With little success.

502897__safe_solo_applejack_screencap_ro
>psychically linked to the rope
>Ties keep getting tighter

There is actually a PG explanation for this, she was probably thinking "I can't untie myself" and the rope simply complied with that thought.

But yeah, Marevelous' magic rope turns against her mistress, Masked Matter Horn's skill is supposed to come in a variety of elemental rays but Twi can't manage to make more than a few snowflakes, Zapp has Storm's powers but unleashes them against herself, Filly Second disappeared to get some cupcakes and then gets sucked into Zapp's attack, Radiance somehow thinks that summoning a tea set while on a tornado was a good idea and since Saddle Rager turned out to be Fluttershy, it doesn't really have any rage to work with.

The Mane-iac had enough entertainment for the night and decides to scram but right as she was about to leave Spike grabs the orb! Only to trip with his cape (who'd thought? Edna was right all along! :v)... The Mane-iac grabs the orb and thanks Humdrum for messing everything again. And yes, this is where Spike actually realizes who he ended up being. Suddenly the Tornado Zapp summoned comes back and leaves all the super friends in a very tight spot until (thanks to Spike) AJ realizes how her power works and manages to tie up the tornado (suddenly having a lasso sounds like a pretty awesome power to me! o/) and free the rest of the gang... The ponies discuss once more about the situation and how they must beat the villain to go back, the mane 6 are more than ready to face this threat with their newfound powers but Spike isn't feeling so hot right now because he ended up as the useless tagalong kid of the group, Twi tries to remember Spike that he's not even near as useless as Humdrum seems to be but the guy seems to be pretty bummed out about this, still, they keep going to The Mane-iac's super secret base, a shampoo factory on the middle of the city!

They arrive to the hideout and Twi comes up with a plant, except that Rainbow Dash had another plan of her own... Again... And makes the loudest entrance she could manage. Unsurprisingly, this alerts The Mane-iac who comes out with all her henchponies ready for some good old comic book beatdown, and so the action begins!

503406__safe_pinkie+pie_rarity_applejack
That's going to hurt tomorrow... Right now too...

And it was a pretty cool one, maybe except for Fluttershy who just can't muster any anger, the battle seems to be quire one-sided in favor of the good guys but then The Mane-iac attacks with her secret weapon, a hairspray that freezes everypony into living statues! The only one left in the battle is Humdrum, but he seems to be too useless to do anything against the madmare and the henchponies, to add to the insult The Mane-iac doesn't even consider using the spray against him (it would be a waste, also he doesn't really have hair but that's never brought up in the episode so lets just roll with the first reason), and then he steps in a bucket. :<

The final act begins with Humdrum trying to get into the factory, though he doesn't even know why he's doing it considering his status... Still, he keeps going as the little, determined dragon he is. And good thing he did because none of the Power Ponies managed to figure out a way to get out of their pinch, The Mane-iac is in the middle of her villainous monologue both exposing her evil plan that would send shivers on Rarity if she could shiver, Fluttershy points that Spike is still free and will save them which is actually kind of dumb thing to do if you think about it (I mean, you don't tell villains that there is another one of you ready to rescue you) but then again, The Mane-iac made plenty clear that she doesn't consider Humdrum to be worth the time, Twi corrects the villain and tells her the Spike always comes thru when you need him, which motivates the dragon to execute a little plan of his and immobilize most of the henchponies and drop the hairspray in the process, now the Power Ponies are free and ready for a last showdown!

502949__safe_fluttershy_rarity_animated_
She's best pony and she knows it! XD

There is something I haven't pointed about this episode and it's a really good thing it has going for it but if you pay attention to the background you can tell all kinds of stuff is going on and most of them is pretty consistent (especially during the action sequences), they are just too many things to point out but if you pay attention you can see how some of the henchponies are perfectly fine but end filled with pastry the moment the pink blur hits them (and she makes some of them trip too), you can also see how the ponies who got hit with the hairspray remain frozen during the fight, you can see Twi unleashing fire beams in contrast to the freezing ones she tried during the whole episode, AJ using her lasso as a whip, Rarity showing some dodging skills and this is only in this sequence, try to spot all the funny stuff out there, this episode was filled with it.

Anyway, everything seems to be going pretty well and then Spike notices that Fluttershy is being the Humdrum of the group again by doing nothing, Fluttershy points that things seems to be in control and there is no need for her to try to use a power she just can't muster, but then an innocent firefly (the insect, not the fandom popular G1 pony) gets in The Mane-iac's way and gets punished for it, at seeing this despicable act of cruelty (which somehow weights more than everything The Mane-iac did before, but I'll get to that later) Fluttershy finally snaps and rages like... Well, it's really not that different from her previous episodes actually XD, but she gets to smash things! Spike's reaction echoes what I'd guess most people thought about that scene.

And so, with gratuitous amounts of violence, the day has been saved, thanks to the POWERPU-

The mane 7 get send back to the castle before Spike manages to summon the rage of other cartoon networks (...), one of the episodes morals can be interpreted in a bit of a bad way (don't worry if we never invite you to any of our adventures, we still love you <3) but the one Spike said is actually quite true most of the time. Batman can attest to it. o/

Still, that leaves us as to why this mess happened on the first place, and while "it's a magic book" feels a bit like a cop out, it certain beats my expectations (no explanation whatsoever).

So, now we have enchanted books in Equestria (which could be also interpreted as the first time ponies dive into the concept of virtual realities), a Canterlot store is selling them (or renting them considering they get deleted after one use) and it's a pretty neat concept if you ask me (one that could be used again whenever the staff feels like experimenting, but not one I feel it's going to be touched upon after this episode, something I feel both sad and glad about... I don't understand me at times :x).

Basically the book itself works as a game manual introducing all the story line, characters, events, abilities, setting, etc. Once you get a good grasp of what you are getting into (if you actually like it too) you read the enchantment in the fine print (that can only be read with a magnifying glass as a little safeguard, not the most efficient one as we've seen but I guess this is just a recently launched product) and get into the comic, you accomplish your objective, feel like a badass and go back home.

Of course, this is what would happen if you finish the mission, there is no telling what could go wrong if you fail of you decide to derail the campaign for any stupid reason, or even turn yourself into a villain (you have super powers! What's stopping you?), maybe there are some safeguards that prevent you from failing (like the firefly happening to be there to made Fluttershy smash) or maybe not, maybe if you fail you get a bad/lame ending and you get send back to the real world, maybe doing anything too OOC immediately kicks you from the story...

I need fanfics! Fanfics of enchanted comics! D8<

FGChi.png

I really love how most of the powers the characters received related to them in one way or the other.

Twilight is probably the only one I don't see much of a fit, Matter-horn's power was probably supposed to reflect the way she can pretty much use every spell on the repertory but considering MMH's arsenal was limited to elemental beams I can't avoid to think Twi actually got nerfed here because the skills she uses the most on the show were out of her reach. (no teleport, no levitation, no transmutation, no hold/time/gravity spells, magic cancel, shields, Alicorn magic, dark magic, etc.)

or maybe her heat and freeze powers are supposed to represent how she can slide at both ends of the temper scale?

Rainbow Dash was Zapp! With power over the storms in what I feel it was quite a nice fit, I mean, most people before we started getting info about this episode would expect Dash to have super speed as a power, but her personality isn't what one would consider fast or hyperactive (she's actually quite lazy from time to time). Rainbow Dash is wild, powerful, rash and loud.

But what makes Dash having this power quite fitting instead of being an explosion mare is that she can also be quite majestic and awe inspiring, she detests being gushy but she can be quite melodramatic, she'd rather hear rock music but she knows some classical scores (and appreciates them if the fact she whistles them is anything to go by), there is a lot of substance in this cloud formation that you might not be able to appreciate at first glance, but it's there.

Pinkie was Filly Second, with a super power that hardly feels like a super power considering how hyperactive she usually is, she spend most of the episode enjoying the ride but that doesn't mean she was a burden or anything like that, she was quite helpful in the fights and managed to provide more than enough pastries for whenever the group felt hungry... makes you wonder if she payed for them. >_>

Fluttershy was Saddle Rager, in what must be one of the most hilarious fits they could have gone with because it touches one of her personality traits that it's shown quite often but her cute self makes us forget about it, and it's that she has some serious anger management issues. XD

This episode really makes me look back at how she really holds herself back most of the time but when she snaps it's a frightening sight (which IMO, makes her character a fun one to watch). Another thing it was touched on this episode is that Fluttershy is also quite a coward and won't act unless she seems something weak and helpless being mistreated, and this is something that clicked with me pretty recently (so yeah, I'm a bit of a Slowpoke) in most cases when her friends need her Fluttershy won't act because she actually sees herself as somepny who's really bellow them and the problem that they are facing, Dragonshy being one of those exceptions because it was clear her friends couldn't do anything about the Dragon, Stare Master also comes to mind because she willed herself up to face a cockatrice to protect some fillies.

So yeah, this episode not only showcases Fluttershy's anger issues, but it also shows that she is somepony who will do anyting to protect the weak and defenseless (but only that XD), makes you wonder if this is something she developed after being bullied so much in her childhood (with Dash being the only one who bothered to stand up for her).

Applejack was Mistress Marevelous! The always down to earth and (almost) no nonsense mare gets a pretty fitting superpower in the fact she doesn't have much of a super power, so she's awesome like Batman but with an enchanted lasso. Also, like the dark knight (or more like Captain America) she also seems to hold a pretty central role in the team, most of the time it feels like she was the one leading the group. (she even gave them a catch-phrase)

Her parents are DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

Though sharing a psychic link with the lasso puts her a little above the normal category, I wouldn't be surprised if the hooferangs were psychic too. I guess, if anything, this gives us an idea of what would AJ do if she had a horn.

And what can I say about Rarity? I feel like she pretty much hit the jackpot and got a Lantern, a power pretty much fueled by creativity and if there is something this pony knows how to do is to create stuff.

She seemed to get a hold of her powers pretty early in the episode (behind Pinkie and I'd guess tied with Applejack) and boy did she used them to kick ass! She also seemed to really get into the super hero role (one would think she wouldn't want to get into what's basically a boy's territory, full of action and whatnot but then again. we are talking about Rarara), I guess the fact this set of powers let her be as graceful as possible helped a lot.

If you think about it, Spike also got a fitting role, while he's proven to be quite useful in the show he was feeling pretty bad about himself while he got sucked into the comic so he ended up as the Humdrum (who might be actually useless considering we don't know if he even has all the skills Spike naturally possesses for being a Dragon). This episode also showed us that his fear of being considered useless and left out is pretty much one of his permanent flaws (since it was addressed before in the owl and Crystal Empire episodes, and yet he still seems to feel like this from time to time) like Shy's fear, Dash's rashness, Rarity's manipulative's tendencies, etc.

Discord opened a store in Canterlot a few days ago, things seem to be doing pretty well so far.

ITkzi.png

Enchanted Comic Books

503827__safe_rarity_princess+luna_spike_

I know some of you want this to happen...

What can I say about this episode? It was actually better than I expected (and I actually expected to enjoy it), it had both fun and action packed moments. While an Spike episode I think the ponies stole the show here with her superpowers and the way they used them, also, there were some pretty amusing moments in the background and I really loved how the animators paid attention to them during the action sequences, it's those little things that made you appreciate the effort some people put while making cartoons.

Still, (despite at least trying to give some context, which is more than what I expected) the premise comes from pretty much nowhere and I can bet the ending raised more than an eyebrow, and while I enjoyed this Alternate Reality episode it's not something that I'd like to see executed too often in the show... Actually, this looks like one of those ideas that would have been cool to have in the IDW comics, they seem to go with the more crazy stuff (the last arc should give you a nice example, but there are more [/totally not asking for animate chrissy/Nightmarity arc]).

Also, while I'd like to think stuff like Spike being left behind are not going to happen anymore, I kinda doubt that's the case. (at least he shows up and plays a noticeable role in the 2 parters nowadays)

But yeah I liked this one.

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to drop unconscious somewhere else, holidays don't go so well with pony posting.*drops*

• Thumbs Up 5

New episode description, with a VERY special guest:

Three’s a Crowd

Pinkie Pie finds her status as “super-duper party pony” in jeopardy when the mysterious Cheese Sandwich comes to town and offers to plan an epic party for Rainbow Dash. Guest voiceover by Weird Al Yankovic.

WEIRD AL IS HEADED TO PONYVILLE. MY BODY IS READY. :D

• Thumbs Up 8

Do you mean to tell me that not only is the pink pone going to get a party-throwing rival with the best pony name I have ever seen (

Cheese Sandwich), which is already a good premise for an episode, but said pony is voiced by WEIRD AL? Is this really happening?

I wonder what his cutie mark is gonna be. A cheese sandwich with a party hat?

Three’s a Crowd

Pinkie Pie finds her status as “super-duper party pony” in jeopardy when the mysterious Cheese Sandwich comes to town and offers to plan an epic party for Rainbow Dash. Guest voiceover by Weird Al Yankovic.

WEIRD AL IS HEADED TO PONYVILLE. MY BODY IS READY. biggrin.png

Weird Al is voicing a character? I can't wait to see this one! I know there were rumors of him possibly doing some voice work in the show and he's even made a shoutout to the fans in the past, but it's nice to see it confirmed for real.

Three’s a Crowd

WEIRD AL IS HEADED TO PONYVILLE. MY BODY IS READY. biggrin.png

This is probably the Pinkie Pie musical episode we got hinted by Meghan before too, so brace yourselves for some Weird Al quality songs!

ohmy.png

Also, could it be a "key episode"? We still haven't found any of them so it's not too far fetched to think they can appear out of thin air after one of the mane 6 do something epic.

A little behind due to work schedule and Christmas shopping, but finally got around to watching "Power Ponies".  And despite the fact that it was more Justice League than Power Rangers, as I predicted, it was still a fun little ride and I can honestly say it's one of my favorite episodes at least as far as fun-factor and laughs are concerned.  And don't even get me started on how the Flutter-Hulk moment was handled.  I couldn't stop laughing.  And I really liked The Mane-iac.  I hope we see her again someday.

There was also some really good animation throughout this episode.  They just seem to get better and better with that as the show goes on, which is amazing considering how good this show has looked from the beginning.

These are so daw inducing and addicting they should be illegal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lplUHZEaPrM

Happy holidays everyone!

• Thumbs Up 7

Not long ago, I revealed a fanfiction concept, which was to take the world of Friendship Is Magic, reboot it, and incorporate elements from both Thomas & Friends and the books it came from, The Railway Series. The title of the adaptation is called The Equestrian Series, and I have a previous post detailing it (both original concepts and four-chapter prologue)

Tonight, as a Christmas present, I completed Book 1's summary, with no editing. Click the "spoiler" below to read it. biggrin.png

———

Book 1: Little Ponies

• ­­Twilight Helps Out: Two weeks after Luna reformed, Rainbow Dash waited impatiently in front of her mailbox below her Heavenly House, the others waiting, too. Dash wasn’t sure if she’ll be accepted, but Pinkie reassured her that she will. Soon, a mailmare few down and handed her a letter, and Dash opened it. She gasped and sullied, saddening her friends. But she psyched them out and read the letter of acceptance. The academy would last two months as a trial, and she would compete with the best pegasi to qualify for the backend of the Wonderbolts with the ability to promote to wing pegasus and captain in the future. So she packed her bags and flew away.

Three days passed, and Pinkie had periodically checked her mailbox outside Sugarcube Corner (which is once or twice an hour). Because Dash had not messaged back, she’s getting worried that Dash will eventually forget everyone, from Ponyville to even herself. Mr. and Mrs. Cake assured her she hasn’t. She’s just busy. Maybe she can take a walk. The day hasn’t been busy, and maybe a walk can clear her mind. Pinkie reluctantly accepted and left.

Not long, she showed up at Golden Oak library, where Twilight finished reading a science fiction short story. Pinkie was feeling worried about Dash not communicating, and TS assured she was fine (Pinkie grumbled about being reminded). Pinkie asked if they can build a hot-air balloon so they float their way to the academy. Twilight reminded her that no one is allowed to be within thirty hoofacres of the site because it’s too dangerous.

After putting the story away, Twilight said she should feel a little more loose and confident. Remember the party from last week? Pinkie embarrassingly admitted to forgetting. Well, Twilight suggested relaxing and taking a breath. Besides, a day or two exploring Ponyville and shopping for food and supplies can help. So they coupled themselves up in trolleys and merrily trundled their way to the marketplace (with two shopping scrolls, one for Twilight, the other for Pinkie).

At the marketplace downtown, several stands and ponies advertised various items, from daisies to bananas to carbon dioxide. They found some supplies, from quills and ink to eggs and olive oil and sugar.

Once they finished, they trotted to an old mill complex where May Z. Acres and May Flour lived. One mill was powered by the waterwheel, a windmill for the other. Two young, yet fervent, mares (Acres is an earth pony; Flour is a unicorn) saw them and asked how the flour grinding was, and they were fine. So Pinkie and Twilight asked them if some are ready. May Z. Acres said in a minute and asked May Flour to give them a bag. May Flour brought them, and they each paid their change.

They returned to the Golden Oak Library that afternoon, and Pinkie was feeling much better. She thanked Twilight for cheering her up, and she was sure Dash won’t forget. Twilight welcomed back, and she was glad to be outta the house (something they should do more).

They separated, and Pinkie returned to Sugarcube Corner and curiously checked her mailbox. A letter was inside, and Rainbow Dash wrote back, telling her everything’s okay and let the others know she’s working hard, but doing fine.

Pinkie became joyous and bounced on her bed excitedly. But she stopped once Mrs. Cake ran up to stare. Pinkie apologized and relaxed. Maybe going out tomorrow will be a good idea, too.
  • Coal Chariot: Next morning, the Cakes saw Pinkie Pie very pleased, and she decided to go out to have a little fun, if it was okay. The Cakes didn’t mind, so she left and went to find Twilight, who was at the Hayseed Café east of the library with Rarity.

Pinkie said she was feeling great, and Dash didn’t forget. She gave Twi the letter, and they were all pleased. Pinkie was in the mood for some fun, but not the typically boring shopping fun like yesterday. She wants a little more adventurous fun, like playing with some of the carriages or wagons in a nearby yard. Twilight has no idea how to do it, but Pinkie tells her not to fret.

The Bearer of Laughter asked Rarity if she wants to join, but she says she made a big payment for special onyx jewels over the Common Hill and into the town of Baaron, and she needs to bring her wagons to fill them. Plus, she’s making a trade with one of her clients at Canterlot, who’s waiting to convert the gems to special products, particularly dresses and silk accessories.

When they finished, Rarity left for the Boutique, and Twilight and Pinkie went to a yard near the Sugarcube Corner. Like many places in Equestria, Ponyville has various switchyards throughout because it’s industrial, and the shunting makes everything run like clockwork. Sugarcube Corner is no exception, and various wagons, chariots, trucks, and trolleys muddled the yard. And it was up to Pinkie and Twilight to arrange them, something Twilight never did.

So Pinkie showed her by bucking one of the trucks into another, causing them to squeal in surprise. Pinkie told her not to worry, but they’re temperamental. Pinkie jabbed the trucks again, and they yelped and grumbled. Twilight then took her turn and used her magic to thrust the wagons past a junction. Then she went to another row and bucked the trucks a little too hard, bumping them into a set of buffers. The trucks became very cross, but Pinkie and Twilight enjoyed their fun. But Twilight split the load in the second row, and Pinkie flipped the points, allowing some of them to be sent over to another to another track and annoying them even more.

One hour later, the duo finished rearranging the yard and decided to stop and rest at Common Hill east of Ponyville and west of Baaron, a small town where sheep and ponies coexist and communicate with the weather team to keep the fields and forests clean and green. Common Hill is enclosed by one mountain on one end and a slope leading to Ponyville and the old Nox Forest across. Four pony-pulling tracks split the valley, and Twilight and Pinkie watched some pegasi play in the sky above and annoying some of the lower clouds.

Suddenly, they heard a loud groan atop the hill, and they looked down. Rarity was pulling two large wagons, and she was sweating irritably. They ran down and asked for help, but Rarity told them no and didn’t want them to look. But Pinkie took a whiff and peaked inside. It wasn’t onyx. It was coal. For some reason, the order got misplaced, and they wouldn’t take it back. Twilight suggested going back down there and negotiating, but Rarity didn’t want to waste any more time with the corrupt lambs. So she continued to struggle her way up.

But the duo decided to travel to Baaron and find the person who sold Rarity the coal. Sure enough, the trader was a scammer, and he bailed the town, crossing the two. So they decided to find the mayor of Baaron, and he was located in City Hall, so they went and negotiated with him. One of their friends, Rarity, was scammed into thinking she was going to buy onyx in a trade, but instead was given coal, and the merchant left. They asked the mayor if she can help track the merchant and give Rarity her money back. He said that he’ll do what he can and suggested to bring Rarity back to Baaron so they can investigate.

So Pinkie and Twilight went back up Common Hill and saw Rarity struggling to return to Baaron. She was halfway up the hill, and she panted long and hard, her magic used to keep the trolleys from causing trouble and pulling her sore back downhill. Pinkie had the idea of pushing the trolleys and Rarity up so she can roll down the other side, something they didn’t mind.

Twilight slowly pulled the trucks down the hill, and Rarity strapped herself up. So Pinkie and Twilight pushed; Rarity pulled, exchanging their strength, but not so much to pull the heavy and noisy trolleys apart.

Then, they reached the top of the hill, and Rarity started running joyously down, letting the wheels of the trolleys clack quickly. Pinkie and Twilight chased after Rarity, but she was already long gone, and they couldn’t run forever without collapsing from lack of air. So they regrouped to the Hayseed Café and drank lots of water, where the Beauty sisters, Aloe and Lotus, spotted them. They invited them to spend tomorrow at the Day Spa, where their coats, tail, and mane would be groomed for free. Then once the day’s over, they would be the freshest ponies in Ponyville.

They accepted.
  • Come Out, Fluttershy!: A few days later, Fluttershy was taking care of her animals when one of her hens screeched in fright and hid in the henhouse. Curiously, she looked up. Black smoke wafted above her cottage and floated straight for Ponyville.

So she went to try to get everyone’s attention, but her voice is so soft, no one heard her. Until she found a whistle and blew it. She pointed up at the smoke, and everyone began to scream from fear until Twilight took the whistle and blew it so loudly that everypony stared at her.

She promised she’ll investigate and find out who it is. When she tried writing a letter to Queen Celestia, it bounced back because the smoke is so thick and rich in reflective magic, it bounced back like a bad check. Spike hunched it must has some powerful anti-magic. And her typical communication with the others doesn’t work. With Rainbow Dash not around to know the news, she can only try to contact her and Celestia by snail mail. So Twilight wrote a letter for the Wonderbolts Academy, for Rainbow Dash, and Celestia. She doesn’t know long it’ll take, but they have no time to wait. Ponyville’s blackening, and it’s becoming abnormally muggy.

They walked through the Common Hill (now called Rare Hill out of tribute for Rarity’s troubles), through Baaron and to the Ridges of Majesty, where the smoke came from. As they walked up, Applejack could hear a small rumble from above by just listening to the rocks. Small growling, a tiny yawn, and a snort.

Fluttershy became very scared, and as they reached the cave, they peaked inside. A large, grown-up dragon was snoozing in the cave, and magic-proof smoke eased out of both his ears and nostrils. Suddenly, Fluttershy shrilled and flew quickly out of the cave, waking up the cross dragon, and forcing everyone to retreat.

Fluttershy retreated to her cottage and then shut herself in. When they asked her why, she said she’s scared of dragons, but not baby ones like Spike. Big, gigantic, smoky, scary-looking, grown-up dragons who can shoot fire and chase you away.

They argued that she’s the only one who can persuade the dragon from leaving and disturbing Ponyville, but she says she’s way too scared to go, causing Applejack and Twilight to facehoof.

Twilight requested AJ to get her rope, which she did. Suddenly, many of her animals showed up and started to pull her out with a lasso round her torso, but Fluttershy fought back and made them fall forward. Then they tried pushing from the other end, but she grasped on the door jam.

They decided to call the big guns, which was to bring Big Macintosh and Snowflake, two of the strongest stallions in Ponyville. But when they did, the smoke stopped flowing and stayed still high in the sky, but Fluttershy assumed it’ll begin again soon.

Suddenly, four strong back hooves started pushing her from the back, and she grasped on the jam again. Only this time, her grasp started to slip.

Then…

“NO! I WON’T GO!”

She reared back and bucked the two stallions hard through the other side of the cottage.

At last, they gave up, and they regrouped to the Golden Oak Library to plan. Once they disappeared, her main pet, Angel Bunny, recruited the small animals. He gave them directions and soon heaved both cement and bricks. They took up the holes and then bolted the front door as well and built brick walls to trap her inside.

One they were done, they retreated, and Angel tapped his toe crossly at Fluttershy, who was beginning to look lonely and sad inside her quiet cottage. He snidely chirped as if to say, “Serves you right,” and left, leaving Fluttershy walled in…alone.
  • Fluttershy to the Rescue: It’s been two days, and the smoke continued to billow all over Ponyville. Both Celestia and Rainbow Dash apparently didn’t get their letters, and the Mane Five tried to infiltrate the cave, only to be smashed, battered, and mentally bruised. With the Elements of Harmony resting peacefully, their last line of defense was moot.

Suddenly, a knock on the door. Pinkie opened it, only to find Rainbow Dash standing before them. She flew to Ponyville as quick as she could and was allowed to leave for Ponyville for a couple of days. Twilight said there’s a dragon sleeping in a cave near the town of Baaron, and it’s obvious by the thick, black smoke. Dash could tell because hot ash covered her goggles as she flew through it. When she asked where Fluttershy was, AJ said Fluttershy’s so terrified of large dragons, she hid herself in her cottage, and none of them could force her out. The animals bricked her up, and anytime somepony talks to her, she bucks them in the face. Currently, the rest of them and Spike take turns in taking care of the animals while she’s in exile.

Dash didn’t hesitate, flew to the cottage, and knocked on her walled-up door. Fluttershy told her (unbeknownst) to go away, but Dash said it’s her, and they need to talk, but Fluttershy wants none of it and attempts to buck Dash in the muzzle, only for her to be swatted away. She didn’t intend to leave unless ‘Shy’s coming out, and that means sitting there.

Meanwhile, the others ran to Dash’s side and said the dragon’s smoke is changing the weather. What was a nice, beautiful week was turning humid and dark. The thick ash is blocking the sun, and Queen Celestia nor Luna apparently realize it.

But Celestia said she does, as she and Luna teleport beside her. She apologizes for not responding sooner. The Snail Mail just showed up. She gently knocks on Fluttershy’s wall and said she realizes how scared she is of dragons. She used to be as a very young filly, too. But she can’t stay cooped in her cottage forever.

Luna agrees, and she still remembers how Fluttershy comforted her when she was upset. And she told her that the others tried to fend the dragon off, only to not work. When Fluttershy retorted to them to try, Luna said they want you and the others to do it. You’re not the bearers of the Elements of Harmony for nothing. They need her to help. If the smoke blankets Ponyville too long, then the food won’t grow, if not get poisoned, and most of Equestria (including Canterlot) may be in great danger, especially if the dragon hibernates. When Fluttershy asked if it doesn’t, Luna and Celestia said they’ll help, too, as a last resort.

Fluttershy peaked her eyes through the open space and decided to help. And with her magic, Celestia broke the wall open, allowing Fluttershy to walk out. Her yellow coat was dark green, and her pink mane and tail were covered with cobwebs. Her wings and front legs were stiff, and she was recommended to wash and fly around for a few minutes. When she returned, she felt much better, and she was clean again.

After getting some equipment, they made a plan, and the six ponies scaled up the mountain again. Surprisingly, Fluttershy told her friends to stay outside, because she believed he wants nothing to do with them. She walks into the cave and sees an adult, yet young-looking dragon. With smoke coming out of his nostrils each time he exhales, he curled up and was trying to sleep while inside an empty cave. Fluttershy coughed when smoke billowed through her nose, and the dragon woke up.

The dragon (named Burg Endy) saw her and looked annoyed, telling her he was getting very tired of ponies waking him up and attacking him. But Fluttershy tells him she won’t. After introducing each other, she asks him why he chose this cave; Burg Endy said he’s migrated for so long and eaten so much, he’s tired, and smoke is billowing in him. That’s why whenever he sleeps or sneezes, smoke churns out. If he doesn’t sleep, smoke will churn. Fluttershy tells him it’s okay, and he understands it. The problem is that he’s sleeping near civilization. There are ponies living all over the neighboring towns, and the thick clouds are trapping the sunlight. Without sunlight, nopony can grow or sell crops, and they’ll starve.

Burg Endy sighs and says he hopes to, but doesn’t really know where to go. He simply chose this cave because it was the biggest he can find. After migrating away from his land, he hasn’t found any other caves large enough for him.

Celestia says she could help and walks to Burg Endy, who says she can perhaps help. Then Burg sneezed, and Celestia covered herself and the others with a shield so the hot ash doesn’t burn them. She’ll be back in a few minutes as she tries to find an atlas and globe, teleporting away.

About twenty minutes later, she returned with a fireproof scroll and atlas. West of Ponyville, through Los Pixiles, and across the Tritonic Ocean is a continent specific for dragons. Lot of jewels, rivers, and volcanoes are the perfect environment for dragons. Burg asked if some of the bodies are freshwater, because he’s allergic to saltwater. She said she’s not sure, for she isn’t very familiar with dragon land. She can try and look it up further, but Burg told her not to. The allergy is a sneezing allergy. Unfortunately, he doesn’t know how to get there. He just flew aimlessly and found this cave by chance.

As he stared glumly on the ground, Fluttershy said she’ll come with him. If he needs the help, then she could give it. When Twilight came in and asked her about her fear of big dragons (surprising Burg, only to be shushed by Fluttershy), Fluttershy says she’s much more comfortable with them now. At least, with him.

Then Luna stepped in and said she can help. Her stars can guide him there like a compass. Celestia asked if she was prepared, and she said she was. Sighing, Celestia gave Luna the atlas and told you if she needs any help, just shine the stars.

With consolation, Fluttershy climbed onto Burg Endy’s back, and the dragon exited the cave, seeing the others again. He felt apprehensive, but Luna told him not to worry. They won’t hurt him. With her wings erect, she and Burg immediately flew away.

As they flew further and further up into the sky, Ponyville started to look like small dots on a map, and they were able to see so many clouds. Above, the sun peaked at the zenith, but beyond was dark blue sky. Then it ascended, and they kept on their journey passed all of the little towns and provinces, which weren’t consisted of just ponies like Topecolt, Haysas; Coltorado; Trottingham; or Las Pegasus. Some included snakes (i.e., Vipramento) or phoenixes (Phoelix, Hayrizona). Equestria wasn’t merely one continent. Several cities and countries bordered or shared diplomacy with Equestria and the harmony it exults.

After several hours, the trio arrives at the Tritonic Ocean, and the brilliant blue waters swayed far below. Suddenly, Burg Endy smelled the saltwater and sneezed hard, shooting ash straight across the sky. Therefore, they decided to ascend higher in the sky and were so high that when it was time to raise the moon, it had already risen, and various stars pierced the atmosphere. Fortunately, Burg didn’t sneeze again.

And Fluttershy no longer minded his company. With each passing hour, she grew more and more comfortable with him and liked him. While she’s unsure if she’ll react to other big dragons the same way, she and Luna agreed that it was a start. Alas, she couldn’t keep her eyes open anymore and fell asleep.

But Luna and Burg Endy didn’t mind. After being sealed in the moon for 1,000 years, she has a lot of time to catch up, and she can keep an eye on Fluttershy. And Burg was flying too high to smell the saltwater, so no allergies.

Several hours later, Fluttershy wakes up to see the sun rise and moon set, only for Luna to not use her magic to let it set. Her job’s to raise the moon, but only in where she lives. She holds no control elsewhere. But even bigger news, they finally see land, which looked cool and green with patches of earthy browns and clay reds. Nearby, a tall, snow-capped mountain with a large cave protruded into the clouds. They landed and echoed, “Hello?”

No answer.

With a magical shield, Luna crept forward and noticed the cave being empty. The dragon walked in and said, “Thank you” to both of them for helping him. And he told them to thank Queen Celestia and apologize to the others for causing trouble. They told him not to worry about it and thanked him back.

Once he walks into the cave to sleep, Fluttershy and Luna retreat home. He was a nice dragon, they said. And Fluttershy doesn’t mind big dragons for the most part anymore. She learns that the best way to face her fear isn’t to cower and abandon her friends, but to pluck up courage, trust her friends and instincts, and get to know them. Because like Spike, not all dragons are brutes, and they can be some of the friendliest, gentlest, nicest creatures around.

One day, she hopes to see him again someday.

So it looks like "Three's A Crowd" isn't the Weird Al episode after all,

but a Twilight/Cadence focus ep:

"Twilight is looking forward to some quality bonding time with Princess Cadance. But when a sick friend shows up needing Twilight’s attention, it looks like her plans for a peaceful visit with her sister-in-law will have to be put on hold."

Guess they must've accidentally leaked the synopsis of a future episode. Whoops. tongue.png

Saturday! Which means it's almost time for...

cutebat15.jpg

BATS!

First Fluttershy/AJ interaction in the series, yay!.

I can see this getting some arguments, not because of the writer but because it deals with a very human topic like pest control, it's quite accepted in our world that if an animal that it's going to cause troubles shows up in a farm the people living there are going to get rid of it ASAP, and most people wouldn't complain about it because if the animal were to be left to its devices the consequences could be quite bad not only for the farmers but also for the people who expect their products. This situation showing itself in Equestria adds some extra variables, for starters Fluttershy's skill makes a passive solution at least plausible and both AJ and Flutters have cooperated before to get rid of some beavers. Having said that Shy sometimes isn't the most trustworthy pony out there as the Parasprite infection can attest to... The fact Sweet Apple Acres importance to the region is quite big and that AJ somehow is always bordering bankruptcy if a crop goes wrong for a reason or another (I guess all that barn raising costs a lot of money) certainly add to the conflict that is presented to us here.

Man I ended up writing more than what I expected... Lets hope it doesn't turn out to be as predictable or simple as I posted back when the synopsis got posted. I certainly don't feel that way right now.

Annnnd I don't have anything else to add about the previous episode, so have some Super-Dickery instead:

wQYmcBf.jpg

It's funny because Spike would do that if asked.

Source.

See ya in a few hours! o/

• Thumbs Up 3

There's actually not that much AJ/Fluttershy interaction thus far (well, there was the song, but in that AJ was like "Bats are bad and you should feel bad for liking them" and Fluttershy was like "Do you not know ecology you dumb shit.").

But it has very much wandered into the surreal.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, um.  That was weird. 

So, Fluttershy's a fruitbatvampirepegasuspony now, I guess?  At least partially, she still has a fang.  Nothing's ever going to come of it, (I'm pretty sure this is going to be a reoccurring theme in S4 with cliffhanger endings that probably won't amount to shit), but it's interesting to think about.

It'll also spawn about 1000 adorable Flutterbat fics and images each for sure.  So there's that.

• Thumbs Up 4

AJ is just getting a lot of interaction lately isn't she.

The second half of this episode just kinda threw me for a loop.

That episode was incredible.

I think my only real disappointment is that I was hopin' AJ would get to do more near the end, maybe even getting through to Fluttershy (perhaps by apologizing?), even if just for a few moments so Twilight could reverse the spell.

Also, I think the little "the end...OR IS IT?" endings we're getting could genuinely lead to something. I mean there's only been three so far (if you include Spike's comic book...randomly disappearing at the end of Power Ponies (seriously what the heck was that about)), but that's enough to consider it a pattern, I guess. We'll see.

On another note, the obvious joke:

508294__safe_twilight+sparkle_rainbow+da

DRILL!

• Thumbs Up 7

^I honestly hated that joke. I love Pinkie because she is a fun, cartoony character, but still "normal" enough to be taken seriously and being a believable character (like all the other characters in the show). Scenes like these just take all the authenticity out of her. I know Pinkie does crazy, unrealistic stuff all the time, but extremely supernatural stuff like this just crosses a lline for me.

Other than that, the episode was great. I really hope they don't just toss the "Fluttershy is a bat" thing aside.