Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

So it's cheating. It's in his character to cheat, cf. Fluttershy. I don't see it as being anything more than a minor issue. smile.png

Edit: Thanks for the Trixie video. Be nice if it happened in Canon. While I like Trixie, it'd be good for that to happen so people might not try and Draco in Leather Pants her character so much.

Edited by Gerkuman

He could have corrupted her before then, she just didn't change immediatly.

Sounds more plausible than Luna being possesed by some kind of evil spirit out of nowhere... imo.

Edited by Sweecrue

*Episode download at 85%*

Don't know why Fluttershy could have used The Stare on Discord. It would have ended this whole ordeal quicker since it'll scare the daylights out of him and make him give up or at the very least, prevented her from being under his influence.

Fluttershy can't control the stare, it just happens... And most of the time just happens when she is angry (like, mother scolding a children angry) or trying to protect somepony. Here she was by herself and actually loving and tolerating Discord's shenanigans.

Sounds more plausible than Luna being possesed by some kind of evil spirit out of nowhere... imo.

Actually, that wouldn't be so bad. (like, there is another evil lurking over there that the ponies might have to deal with latter)

It's not like Discord is the root of all evil in Equestria. (I probably misreaded something but I remember someone sayuing he was A element of disharmony, like, there could be more of them... All sealed in their cans)

*Is loving this topic and episode discusion right now*

My point was more that I wish he was written better to fill the goofy-yet-dangerous role that he is supposed to fill like Discord does. Not that he should be written like Discord.

So blowing up the earth doesn't count as dangerous?

Um, I haven't heard of this. Exactly what is it a mod for?

Finally had time to see the new episode. Man... Discord is AWESOME!

I love it that he's a charismatic smartass who knows exactly what he's trying to do: to take back Equestria by flipping reality upside-down. That's my favorite kind of villain!

Plus, I loved he how duped the ponies one-by-one, tugging one their favorite things and flipping them in a different angle. And I love that "Oh, fuck it!" moment with Fluttershy...nice. Looking forward to the next episode!

Also...

131578965133.jpg

Anyone in the mood for cupcakes? Huh? Anyone? I heard they're delicious and colorful!

LOL, that part with Fluttershy was my favorite. Also, yum, cupcakes!

Dear God, that Celestia model is AMAZING.

Also, from reading the TvTropes episode summary, I've gotten an idea of a great part of what makes Discord such a great villain.

His goofiness and playful trickster nature obscures a much darker, sinister nature. This is a villain who, in a single episode, subverted the Mane 6's (except Twilight's) main qualities, and did what Nightmare Moon didn't even come close to doing. It also employs a brilliant example of dramatic irony - we know what Discord is trying to do after he gets to Applejack, but the rest of the characters don't, leaving us to watch helplessly as they fall victim to Discord one by one. In fact... To see this lead-up to the end of the episode is actually pretty friggn' creepy.

Celestia being deadly serious at the beginning meant that she knew EXACTLY what they were dealing with, and it wasn't your ordinary trickster.

So in other words, Discord is like the Joker, which makes celestia a troll Batman (minus the gargling marbles part.)

131639770389.gif

And that's how Equestria was saved.blink.png

Ugh, can't wait for the next episode. I also hope that Discord isn't a one-and-done villain. He's got money written all over him and it would be a shame if we never get to see him and his antics again. And in the unlikely event they release an action figure of him (NOT A DOLL, LOL), I might have to break my rule of not buying the toys. Unless they paint him pink for some ungodly reason, of course.

Uh, so much for Fluttershy being the pure virgin who, should anyone even think of touching, would be screwed. :P I might end up doing likewise if they release a figure of him . He's just so awesome (all he needs is a curly mustache. :P)

*Episode download at 85%*

Fluttershy can't control the stare, it just happens... And most of the time just happens when she is angry (like, mother scolding a children angry) or trying to protect somepony. Here she was by herself and actually loving and tolerating Discord's shenanigans.

So instead she should have either loved and tolerated the shit out of him, or just read Snatcher's comic. :P

So blowing up the earth doesn't count as dangerous?

Sure was. On the other hand, was it written well (which is, again, the entire point behind my statement)?

Denied.png

So instead she should have either loved and tolerated the shit out of him, or just read Snatcher's comic. tongue.png

1) She was, but then Discord was like "screw the rules! I make them" and mind controlled her.

2) If you think Fluttershy would be able to do anything remotelly similar to what that comic says, then tere is something wrong with you... There is no such a thing as heterosexuality in Equstria You need to learn how to distinguish canon from fanon. :P

So it's cheating. It's in his character to cheat, cf. Fluttershy. I don't see it as being anything more than a minor issue. smile.png

It isn't an issue, per se. It is a distinction.

Edit: Thanks for the Trixie video. Be nice if it happened in Canon. While I like Trixie, it'd be good for that to happen so people might not try and Draco in Leather Pants her character so much.

As unbiased as I can possibly make this sound when Trixie is Second Best Pony, but that would only make things worse in that regard. Not better.

Sure was. On the other hand, was it written well (which is, again, the entire point behind my statement)?

Denied.png

Well let's see: Comically fumbles on the ground? Check. begs for his life? check. Laughs like a noblewoman? Check. Comically misses crucial points? Check. Shoots Sonic out of an airlock, while mocking his appearance? Check. Tricks Sonic into letting his guard down, then promptly beats the Super out of him? Check.

Sounds written well to me, I mean unless you want to take it further, but I think Eggman is possibly the most well written character ever since Unleashed.

1) She was, but then Discord was like "screw the rules! I make them" and mind controlled her.

2) If you think Fluttershy would be able to do anything remotelly similar to what that comic says, then tere is something wrong with you... There is no such a thing as heterosexuality in Equstria You need to learn how to distinguish canon from fanon. tongue.png

Wait, so I'm the only Spike and Rarity shipper? Darn it. I guess I'll just ship her with a super emerald AJ (for the irony.)

Well let's see: Comically fumbles on the ground? Check. begs for his life? check. Laughs like a noblewoman? Check. Comically misses crucial points? Check. Shoots Sonic out of an airlock, while mocking his appearance? Check. Tricks Sonic into letting his guard down, then promptly beats the Super out of him? Check.

Sounds written well to me, I mean unless you want to take it further, but I think Eggman is possibly the most well written character ever since Unleashed.

That was without a doubt the most epic scene in any Sonic game. I just don't know why Eggman hasn't learned by now that with a name like that no one will respect him (that's why all his badniks left.)

No, I don't consider having Eggman's goofy and Eggman's dangerous sides be mutually exclusive with little attempt to merge them as being good writing.

Edited by Tornado

No, I don't consider having Eggman's goofy and Eggman's dangerous sides be mutually exclusive with little attempt to merge them as being good writing.

My point was that he was just as dangerous while being goofy, he didn't go too far in either direction. Really if by well written you mean by actually learning from his past mistakes and not relying on the same old plot, then yes I agree.

That was without a doubt the most epic scene in any Sonic game. I just don't know why Eggman hasn't learned by now that with a name like that no one will respect him (that's why all his badniks left.)

Have you seen Discord's appearance? He looks retarded, but that doesn't stop him from being a damn good villain. Eggman's name doesn't stop him being a good villain.

The thing is, old Eggy kinda goes from one extreme to the other, giving the audience villainous whiplash. One moment Robotnik is evil and menacing, and then in the next, he's the class clown.

Many of us would prefer a reading of the character that's about 1/2 and 1/2 of each, and then shifts to slightly more villainous or slightly less villainous depending on the circumstances. Not yoyoing.

To make this not offtopic, this is exactly how Discord is. And why he's so awesome.

(As for Trixie being 2nd best pony.... I have no words for how wrong that seems to me. *hugs applejack*)

Edited by Gerkuman

Actually, I think turning her into a fully evil character would make things even worse in that regard. >_>

Wait, so I'm the only Spike and Rarity shipper? Darn it. I guess I'll just ship her with a super emerald AJ (for the irony.)

Na'h, you are not the only one (at least not in the whole bronydom) It's just that the quantity of Les-yay in the fanon is... Quite overwhelming.

Actually the badniks are still there. *points at Colours*

Also, most of the badniks are rather cute looking so they have no right to judge their creator in how threatening he looks/sounds/names himself.

And seriously, judging Eggman just because of his name? That's so 2001(or 2, or 3, whatev). >_>

Anyway, I think i'm getting way off topic here.

The thing is, old Eggy kinda goes from one extreme to the other, giving the audience villainous whiplash. One moment Robotnik is evil and menacing, and then in the next, he's the class clown.

Many of us would prefer a reading of the character that's about 1/2 and 1/2 of each, and then shifts to slightly more villainous or slightly less villainous depending on the circumstances. Not yoyoing.

To make this not offtopic, this is exactly how Discord is. And why he's so awesome.

I don't see much villainous whiplash with Eggman, espcially with Colors when he's throwing a temper tantrum while manipulating Tails, so.....yeah, i admit Discord is better at it though.

(As for Trixie being 2nd best pony.... I have no words for how wrong that seems to me. *hugs applejack*)

*brohoof*

Applejack randomly slid into first from third sometime last week, for reasons that I cannot understand or explain, yet have no problem with. Trixie was not amused.

What I just finished working on:

100_9970.JPG

101_5280.JPG

So I can watch Ponies while I watch Ponies. Also:

philkensebben.jpg

AppleDash.

Edited by Tornado

They're back.

Oh gosh, guys, they're back.

They're back. I thought they were gone for good, but no, they're back

THEY'RE BACK!

13391026.jpg

Heh, I knew that for a while, you do forget that MLP is mainly for girls, I know and I don't care! wink.png

I am the only who wasn't shocked that I like a show aimed for girls?unsure.png

They're back.

Oh gosh, guys, they're back.

They're back. I thought they were gone for good, but no, they're back

THEY'RE BACK!

13391026.jpg

I saw that thing on TV like 5 minutes ago and flipped my shit.

I understand that I'm not supposed to want it... but still watching that thing and hearing it talk was kind of painful.

I saw that thing on TV like 5 minutes ago and flipped my shit.

I understand that I'm not supposed to want it... but still watching that thing and hearing it talk was kind of painful.

Dude, its for little Girls. People do forget that the toys and show is mainly for girls! Get over it!tongue.png

Dude, its for little Girls. People do forget that the toys and show is mainly for girls! Get over it!tongue.png

I already said that I know that I'm not supposed to want it. I know very well that it is meant for girls, and I honestly don't care. If something looks ugly and sounds annoying I'm going to treat it as such.

I already said that I know that I'm not supposed to want it. I know very well that it is meant for girls, and I honestly don't care. If something looks ugly and sounds annoying I'm going to treat it as such.

Yeah, personally I woundn't get one of those baby Ponies, they are too.... weird! blink.png

Edited by BW199148