Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

I love this show but I swear somewhere down the line its been highjacked by arseholes that either take it too seirously or make into something else.

I don't know but I 'genuinely' enjoy this franchise!unsure.png

Edited by BW199148

Same here. It's ironic, and many people on the internet don't realize that despite the amount of corny humor and whatnot in the games, Sonic kicks the ass of some giant, powerful monster just about every week, as well as blasting his way through thousands of freaking robots and having to deal with Eggman's fatass. As opposed to the MLP protagnists, who only have one main villain at the beginning of each season (so far,) and can solve everything with either family values or magic. Also, I'm not sure which Drawfriend picture you're referring to, but the Agent D one was freaking hilarious. tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Mmm, I have no idea where you have gotten that from, BW. I haven't noticed a difference. Then again maybe I'm just oblivious. The only thing that I've noticed is that it's grown and as such more art and fiction and projects are made.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

Mmm, I have no idea where you have gotten that from, BW. I haven't noticed a difference. Then again maybe I'm just oblivious. The only thing that I've noticed is that it's grown and as such more art and fiction and projects are made.

I don't know but some people on here take it too seriously, that it well it leaves me feeling really alienated.unsure.png

Why can't I be a person who is a fan of the show rather than being 'labeled' onto some stupid seterotpical meme that all I am saying.dry.png

Its like 4-Chan and other people knew that people like us would get into it, so instead of trolling it they jumped onto it and made into a parody of itself! sad.png

It is still putting a on someone, why can't someone enjoy the show without being labelled. I love this show but I don't consider myself a brony and I take half as seriously somepeople do. My Mum enjoy Star Trek doesn't make her a Trekkie, Vinyl.dry.png

Because that is the label that fans of the show have decided to adopt, and 6 months after it became common terminology that even Hasbro recognizes at this point is a bit late to start objecting to it being used.

If you think that is true then I have to say that it is simply because you aren't saying things that make much sense, to be frank.

You are suddenly raging for what appears to be no reason against a core concept of the fandom that has been SoP since probably the very beginning; and you are doing it with Ponies in your signature, avatar and location. To top it all off, you've given no reasoning for this tirade, instead just opting to repeat something that really isn't true over and over again and then acting offended when people don't get it.

First of all, there's nothing "ironic" about this. Someone disliking a franchise or its characters, regardless of how well-versed in the franchise they may or may not be, is not an example of irony.

Second, the ubiquity of cosmic horrors, mad scientists, and other villains does not make Sonic and company better protagonists. It isn't hard to write a story where the heroes easily trounce giant monsters. It's hard to write a story where the characters are likable, identifiable, well-rounded, and fleshed out. Sonic is, in my opinion, very hit-or-miss when it comes to this. MLP hits a home run for characterization in nearly every episode- So while it's true that the girls are typically fighting relatively minor enemies (or no enemies at all in many episodes), that has no bearing on how they fare as characters. Characterization isn't measured in the faces you punch, but in the hearts you touch.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you think that is true then I have to say that it is simply because you aren't saying things that make much sense, to be frank.

You are suddenly raging for what appears to be no reason against a core concept of the fandom that has been SoP since probably the very beginning; and you are doing it with Ponies in your signature, avatar and location. To top it all off, you've given no reasoning for this tirade, instead just opting to repeat something that really isn't true over and over again and then acting offended when people don't get it.

He is attempting to point out that a person can consider themselves a fan of a franchise without identifying at all with the fandom.

I am a MLP:FiM fan. I do not consider myself a brony. I understood what BW was getting at straight away, so it's a little odd that you didn't.

This is also a good case study in why you don't try to pin down the meaning of a new slang term less than a year after its first use and try to make it concrete.

• Thumbs Up 3

I know that. I was mainly just agreeing about how ironic it is that they said how manly MLP is, yet how unmanly Sonic is. That's all. I can't believe something so harmless could be so controversial, but then again, the internet does that to plenty of things.

That's what I am trying to say people have taken this franchise and made so overtly serious that takes the fun out of it.sad.png

Its like if I get one thing wrong about an Episode or a Character somebody will get all seirous and blow it in my face, its like jeez its just a kids show not world politcs!dry.png

He is attempting to point out that a person can consider themselves a fan of a franchise without identifying at all with the fandom.

I am a MLP:FiM fan. I do not consider myself a brony. I understood what BW was getting at straight away, so it's a little odd that you didn't.

This is also a good case study in why you don't try to pin down the meaning of a new slang term less than a year after its first use and try to make it concrete.

That's what I am trying to say people have taken this franchise and made so overtly serious that takes the fun out of it.sad.png

Its like if I get one thing wrong about an Episode or a Character somebody will get all seirous and blow it in my face, its like jeez its just a kids show not world politcs!dry.png

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

Edited by Tornado

I am not trying to rude or attacking anyone on here, nearly all the people who are fans of this show on this show are cool ponys, I am a big fan of the show but I don't consider myself a brony, I am just a fan of the show.wink.png

222006copy.jpg

LOOKIT AT ALL THEM PONIES! biggrin.png

Yes their mine!blush.png

I am not trying to rude or attacking anyone on here, nearly all the people who are fans of this show on this show are cool ponys, I am a big fan of the show but I don't consider myself a brony, I am just a fan of the show.wink.png

222006copy.jpg

Yes their mine!blush.png

• Thumbs Up 1

222006copy.jpg

Yes their mine!blush.png

That would be great if it wasn't so, for lack of a better term, hypocritical. Pony avatar. Pony location. Pony signature. Many posts in a Pony thread on a message board.

He's saying he's not part of the fandom, implying that something about it repulses him somehow, while at the same time doing a bunch of things that pretty blatantly make him out to be part of the fandom regardless.

And Velotix Lexovetikan doesn't conduct himself like a brony, so there is no irony in that situation.

One dissenting and honestly confused-sounding voice does not a definition change.

Hyperbole only hurts any legitimate argument you may have had.

Oh. Now I get it.

And honestly, my only response is this:

rolleyes.gif

Because this routine is getting pretty old, BW.

Edited by BW199148

WHOA okay... seriously NOT feeling the friendship, love and/or tolerance in here right now. Guys. Please. Stop arguing over the semantics of fandom labels.

Talk/post ponies. Okay, go!

• Thumbs Up 3