Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Yeah, I'm definitely going to be missing Discord. Ever since that first preview clip, he bacame my favourite character along side Rarity. And with every scene and every line, I just loved him more and more, like with Rarity. He's a much better villain than the,well... bland Nightmare Moon was. He had a lot of personality and quirks yet was a legitimate threat. Going to miss that Drakoniquis.

First Star Trek inspired villain, then Star Wars inspired ending scene. This can only mean one thing

POINES! IN! SPAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I feel that someone as evil as Discord

Where does this interpretation keep coming from? I certainly never saw it. Luna/NMM was infinitely more evil (what with the whole complete global genocide), and she basically got off with a hug.

Also Cartoon Brew has a new article about us.

http://www.cartoonbr...a-bronster.html

"interpreted differently by younger animation fans who aren’t as familiar with industry lingo like creator-driven animation."

They Mad.

Where does this interpretation keep coming from? I certainly never saw it. Luna/NMM was infinitely more evil (what with the whole complete global genocide), and she basically got off with a hug.

While Nightmare Moon has tried to create complete global genocide, Discord actually had ruled Equestria in an era of horrible suffering and was starting to do it again part two. Not too mention while Nightmare moon was trying to stop the mane sixbecause they were a threat, Discord could have easily won with a snap of a finger but he took absolute pleasure in emotionally breaking them. While Nightmare Moon would have killed everypony with the whole night thing, Discord takes more pleasure of everyone sufferingnd having them live in a horrible world. He's more evil in my book.

And yes, they very mad.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

I don't think this is the last of DisQord. unlike NMM, he's not a corrupted, sympathetic pony but a living embodiment of chaos itself with no chance of redemption. Having him reappear wouldn't have the emotional, inner demon drama that a flip-flopping Luna/NMM would. Also because S2 most likely won't have the "EI" tag, the episodes won't hindered as much by a need for a morality lesson at the conclusion so there can more scary/adventurous episodes simply for the sake of being scary and adventurous. Besides, a rematch with DisQord is the only way that they could possible top S1's finale IMO.

Discord actually had ruled Equestria in an era of horrible suffering and was starting to do it again part two.
Edited by Tornado

I'm sorry, but the intro music is the one thing that makes me uneasy about the show. She just sounds too enchanted.

I think this is a bit of an exaggeration based on what we actually saw/were told.

How so? We saw a painting while Celestia was talking about his rule and it was Discord using pupeteer strings to control ponies over a pit of fire while you can hear screaming in the background. Celestia even said that he "ruled Equestria in an eternal state of unrest and unhappiness" and said that all the ponies were "miserable".

Discord needed them emotionally broken so they couldn't use the elements against him. He basically was trying to do the same thing NMM did, but he actually pulled it off.

Except he didn't emotionally break Fluttershy. He just hypnotised her, like he did with the rest. He really didn't need to bemotionally break them. He just needed to hypnotise them and make them go aginst their elements. He did emotionally broke them more for fun than anything.

My new favorite episode.

Spike being Rainbow Dash was definitely my favorite part. That and the Star Wars ending. I also liked Pinkie Pie's lion roar.

Edited by A Match in Oil Ocean Zone

People complaining about the ending: Haters gonna hate~

It's a comedy show first and foremost. And the comedy in this episode was superb.

How so? We saw a painting while Celestia was talking about his rule and it was Discord using pupeteer strings to control ponies over a pit of fire while you can hear screaming in the background.

I hope you aren't taking that literally.

Celestia even said that he "ruled Equestria in an eternal state of unrest and unhappiness" and said that all the ponies were "miserable".

"Miserable" sounds an awful lot better than "dead." Miserable can mean many things. Dead tends to mean dead.

Except he didn't emotionally break Fluttershy. He just hypnotised her, like he did with the rest. He really didn't need to bemotionally break them. He just needed to hypnotise them and make them go aginst their elements. He did emotionally broke them more for fun than anything.

You're reading way too much into this considering the entire point of that scene was to make a throwaway gag. In fact, I think you are reading way too much into the entire episode, finding characterization and plot details that aren't actually there because otherwise there isn't that much to go on. This would be fine if you were writing a fanfic about it, but when we are discussing canon events/concepts you can't assume that things are that much deeper than they actually are presented as, because it would absolutely break nearly every episode of the show if you tried.

For example, look at Bridle Gossip: Everypony in Ponyville is absurdly xenophobic. Look at Griffon the Brush-Off: One of Rainbow Dash's childhood friends is a homicidal maniac with rejection issues. Look at A Dog and Pony Show: There are slave traders kidnapping Ponies within Equestria's borders.

The show isn't a drama, it is a slice of life comedy with occasional serious moments. Aimed at kids. Just because John Delancie voiced the villain doesn't mean the episode's plot is automatically as complex as a Next Generation episode. Hell, the only reason we even know that Nightmare Moon absolutely did not give a fuck and that everyone would die if she won was because Faust said so on her DA.

Edited by Tornado

Really like the new episode. Took me a while to remember the Star Wars refrence, but still that was clever. I hope we see more of Discord. Hes too awesome to just be thrown away like Luna.

Gah; I'm terribly late in watching the new episode (I thought rumor was going around that it had been delayed?) Although, I don't think I'll get to the ending soon because I keep rewinding to Discord's awesome drink. How can something so unnecessary be so hilarious?

If you ask me, the conclusion didn't satisfy the buildup; a three-parter might have been more fitting. I mean, the character development was some of the best in the series, but Discord seemed so cunning that it feels wrong that he went down so easily. I like to think his plan extends beyond these episodes.

That said, it was a great pair of episodes perhaps most memorable for the humor. I can't get enough of Discord drinking the glass and throwing away the drink (with an explosion.)

Except he didn't emotionally break Fluttershy. He just hypnotised her, like he did with the rest. He really didn't need to bemotionally break them. He just needed to hypnotise them and make them go aginst their elements.

As far as I'm concerned, he did; Fluttershy is just oblivious enough to avoid his temptation but too weak willed to avoid corruption.

I'm fighting the temptation of putting that bit of awesomeness in my signature. <333

Although, I am in general agreement that the ending was rushed and anti-climatic. As someone else suggested, it would've worked better as a three-parter, or at least if Discord had put up some level of restraint. I mean, he drinks glass and makes explosive milk. Me thinks he needs to come back again, although things may seem a bit redundant now that he's petrified yet again. =/

A much bigger niggle than the one I had last episode (and I'm disappointed we got no chocolate milk tsunami), but I loved the group in-fighting. Even as manufactured as it may have been, it was funny seeing them all act like jerks and Twilight piss herself in anger. Also, Spike is cutest when he's constantly throwing up paper, and the aerial chase after Dash was great too.

Oh, and: "I thought we agreed never to speak of that again."

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee- I love this show. You know, I am a male and when everybody I know now has a Pinkie Pie toy, I figured I give the show a shot. Now I can't stop watching it. It just has this great sense of creativity that I haven't seen before. Here's to a new season! :3

P.S. That Star Wars inspired episode 2 ending... <3

Awww, Gummy is adorable at pranking.

On the episode... yeah, I liked it. I thought it made sense for Discord to think that he was unstoppable and so not bother to stop them. Was it just me though, or was Celestia troll-facing a lot during the final ceremony?

Also, why does Tornado have Applejack punching Dashy in the gut? That's... not terribly canonical.