Awoo.

How did you get into Sonic the Hedgehog?

Chaos Incarnate

MY older brother purchased all the Genesis games and introduced me to it as a kid. I was hooked from the start. Safe to say, Knuckles was definitely my favorite character.

I Love Knux too!

I started to like it back in 2004 when my brother decided he wanted Sonic Heroes for his birthday. He played SA at my cousins house. At first, I thought it would be boring.... now I am a huge fan! We  bought 4 Sonic games that year for our GC: SA, SA2, SH,and Sonic mega collection! when I saw Knuckles in SA2, I seriously loved him (as a character, I mean smile.png  ) ! One day me and my siblings decided to pretend to be the characters as we took a car ride. I was hooked! smile.png

Edited by knucklesgirl
  • Thumbs Up 1

I Love Knux too!

I started to like it back in 2004 when my brother decided he wanted Sonic Heroes for his birthday. He played SA at my cousins house. At first, I thought it would be boring.... now I am a huge fan! We  bought 4 Sonic games that year for our GC: SA, SA2, SH,and Sonic mega collection! when I saw Knuckles in SA2, I seriously loved him (as a character, I mean smile.png  ) ! One day me and my siblings decided to pretend to be the characters as we took a car ride. I was hooked! smile.png

When I was like 8-ish, they put Gamecube's in my local McDonalds. One had Luigi's Mansion, the other had Sonic Heroes. I spent a lot of time in that McDonalds before I had a Gamecube.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, the first time a played a Sonic game was probably back in 2005 when I played Sonic Advance 2 on my cousin's Game Boy Advance SP, but I really got into Sonic in 2008 when I got Sonic Unleashed on my PS2 for Christmas. I was amazed how fast the game was, and I was hooked from the start. :) 

My first Sonic game was Sonic CD for PC way back when I was 4 or so, I remember not being able to get past the Tidal Tempest boss and eventually lost the disk. Growing up, I was a Nintendo person so I didn't play the other classic titles back then. I didn't play another Sonic game until one day I went to the local Hollywood Video to rent a Gamecube game (can't remember what game it was now) but saw they were out, so my dad convinced me to get Sonic Adventure 2 Battle instead. I wasn't much of a Sonic fan at the time but I decided to give it a try and became hooked. Now I'm a huge Sonic fan and have played nearly every game in the series since then and haven't looked back.

The first two Sonic games I ever played were Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic Spinball, back in 1996 ( or was it 1997?).

But what really got me into Sonic was the cartoon I used to watch every morning, "Adventure of Sonic The Hedgehog", or just "Sonic", as it was called here in Italy. I should add something, though. See, thanks to the Italian dub of the cartoon, Sonic was never a "blue dude with an attitude" to me. Heck, the guy who voiced him in Aosth, Satam and Sonic Underground went on to voice such characters as Taz in Taz-Mania, Barbossa in the "Pirates of the Carribean" movies and Green Lantern in the Justice League cartoon. Oh, and Meowth in the pokemon cartoon. And he played Sonic with the tone he would have used for the Team Rocket cat. So, no attitude, no "too cool for school" and things like that. He focused more on the good qualities of Sonic. That's probably why I liked more the Sonic in games such as "Sonic Unleashed" and the Storybook series. Thanks to him.

• 3 months later...

Heh. I first got a Gamecube when I got Sonic Heroes. I loved the game, just kept on playing and playing. Then I got Sonic Riders, a Wii, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, Sonic Unleashed, then I became a fanatic and a lover.

I owned Sonic Heroes on the PS2, and I didn't really find it bad at the time. I loved the game and so did all of my other friends. Then a game called Shadow The Hedgehog released on the PS2 and my friend got it so I went to his house and tried it out. It looked cool at the time (I was like, 6-7 years old) and so I wanted to get it but I knew my parents would definitely not buy it for me with all the swearing and guns and whatnot. '06 came out and I had a 360 at the time but I was unaware that the game had come out until another friend asked me to come over to his house and beat Shadow's Dusty Desert for him, since he was stuck on the room with the waves. Again, I thought it looked cool but I never ended up finding a copy to get. It wasn't until I think about a year after Gens released that I got back into the franchise and became a fan again.

Easy. It was a Christmas from years ago, I got a Genesis and a copy of Sonic 3D Blast.

Been hooked since.

Edited by Technomage

• 3 weeks later...

At awkward family reunions when I was little, I would play the first sonic game with some of my rather mean cousins. I caught on rather quick to the game and dare I say it, I was better at it than my cousins. Which made them mad because they are extremely competitive. Woe was the day that my uncle got rid of his sonic game. It really made the reunions easier to bear.

That was how I was introduced to Sonic, but I did not really get into it until many years later when I played SA2. That game always has a special place in my heart. I loved the characters and hidden places to find in the game. Plus when I got to the CD and listened to video game music for the first time I was hooked. That was how my love for Sonic and Sonic music began. I still have the CD for SA2 in a special place. Its one of my treasures.

• Thumbs Up 2

To be honest, I can't really remember.

Sonic 1 was my first game that I played on the Mega Drive/Genesis however was aware of him before getting the console since I originally wanted a Sega Saturn [sonic Jam must have been out or coming out at the time]. Hmmm... Most likely it would have been AoSTH and SatAM on TV that got me into Sonic first but Sonic 1 left an big impression even though AoSTH is one of my favourite cartoons. To this day, I still play on Sonic 1 even if I still can't beat Labyrinth Zone.

After Sonic 1, started getting the other Sonic games (Sonic 2, 3&K, Triple Trouble on a Chinese multicart, 2 [Game Gear], Spinball, didn't managed to get Sonic 3D until later) with Sonic 3 being the one of my first games that I spent my own pocket money on and Sonic & Knuckles was one of the few Mega Drive games that was purchased brand new. Apart from being a bit let down on Sonic 3 and couldn't get into Sonic 2 GG [until the better Master System version], the rest of the games left the same big impression as Sonic 1. Later on also started to get Sonic the Comic issues but that was short lived due to a certain PS1 and Pokemon hype was kicking around. From that point became a Sonic fan, not a huge massive one but quite a large one.

• 2 months later...

couple of years ago I got this game as a present:

1376066159ec342.jpg

I got this game because when I started to play video games, I liked the platformers and I liked intense stories. i played it and i loved the game. and i got into the other games like Sonic 4, Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Generations.

For Christmas 2008, my Mum bought me Sonic Rivals 2 for my PSP. Loved the game and got hooked into Sonic from there.

I really should be one of those kids that grew up on Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes due to the fact that I grew up in the Dreamcast era, but my brothers introduced me to Sonic the Hedgehog 2 when I was about 3 or 4 back in 2001 or 2002 on the original SEGA Mega Drive. Absolutely loved it. Went on to play Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles and then it spurred on from there.

To this day my favourites are still Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic CD. I absolutely adore those games. You've no idea how many times I've replayed those games as I've grown up. Not too long ago, I hadn't played Sonic 3 & Knuckles for about half a year and my love was rekindled.

A Sonic game was my first video game ever and this probably explains why I have wildly different game tastes to my friends. They play F1 2012 and Battlefield 4? Bitch please, hook me up with Rayman Origins or Super Mario Galaxy or Resident Evil 4.

At heart I'm still a massive fan for the series, and oddly enough I'm actually quite indifferent to the Dreamcast era of Sonic games. I honestly prefer Sonic Unleashed (to an extent), Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations. Not to say that I hate those games or anything, but I feel that the boost formula had so much more flow and flexibility if it wasn't just... *buzzword time* 'boost to win' (like the first few stages of Sonic Unleashed).

I was like 3 or 4 and My auntie fished her old megadrive out the cupboard and told me to have a go at sonic the hedgehog, as soon as the console booted up I was hooked not only on sonic but video games altogether. Best thing to ever happen to me =)

• Thumbs Up 2

I used to read Nintendo La Rivista Ufficiale (that italian magazine infamous for giving Super Mario Galaxy the impossible score of 11/10) an when I read their review of Sonic Adventure DX for the GameCube (they gave it a 5/10 because of the frame rate...) I got curious and decided to watch a Let's Play of the game on youtube to see for myself.

Yep, that introduced me to the wonderful world of Sonic

• Thumbs Up 1

I got into Sonic when I was in the third grade, which was 2001. My friends always talked about Sonic and I got a dreamcast as well as Sonic advanced to fit in, and instantly fell in love :) And we would replay Sonic on the playground, I would be Tails and he is to this day my favorite character :D

I got into Sonic due to a friend of mine playing lots of games such as Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2, but enjoyed classics such as the original and Sonic 2 on the Mega Drive before that 

• 3 weeks later...

I been around since the first Sonic game, and some years later one of our channels began to air SatAM.

And at the early days of internet I found the comics and some forum I can't remember the name of.

I remember I went over to my cousin's house and I was instantly hooked when we started playing Sonic 3 & Knuckles. I also remember the Death Egg Zone scaring the shit out of me at my other friend's house as well. I was like....4 I think when that first happened. Goddamn I feel old. XD

I remember getting Sonic Heroes for my PS2 awhile back, I know, not the best Sonic game to start with (I thought the game was ok), but after my dad got me a Gamecube for my Birthday, I played SOOOOOOOOO much Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, and the rest is history.

Sonic X (sadly) but I hated Chris and wanted to watch the show for the gosh darn blue hedgehog. Good thing I ditched the show after I got Sonic Heroes.

When I was 3 year old my best friend had a Mega-Drive with Sonic the Hedgehog, and I loved the game. A year or so later he bought Sonic & Knuckles, and it was my favorite game, until I bought Sega Saturn, with Sonic Jam and Sonic R. In Sonic Jam I discovered Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and it is still my favorite game.