Awoo.

How did you get into Sonic the Hedgehog?

Chaos Incarnate

Sonic X (sadly) but I hated Chris and wanted to watch the show for the gosh darn blue hedgehog. Good thing I ditched the show after I got Sonic Heroes.

I can say the exact opposite. I actually got into the show cause I liked the friendship that Sonic and Chris had, so I got hooked onto the series, and that's kinda how I got back into Sonic in general. I can't believe that was over 10 years ago though.....

I got into it by virtue of Sonic Adventure 2: Battle for the GameCube.

You've probably heard that from many others. Sue me.

Hey, I was just thinking of making a topic like this the other day. xP

Anyway, back in 2003, I found an ad for Sonic Adventure DX in a Disney Adventures magazine and thought it looked really cool. In a National Geographic Kids magazine 3 years later in 2006, I saw a cool screenshot of Crisis City and a comparison chart of Sonic and a real hedgehog. Still thought Sonic looked pretty cool, but I never said anything to my parents. Besides, they considered me too young for video games for some reason.

Back in about 3rd grade (2009) or so, I was obsessed with dinosaurs. I searched something on the internet, and one result was some game for the 4Kids show Dinosaur King. I eventually got bored of the game, and decided to browse around the site a bit. Then I found the Sonic X page, and it just kinda…went from there. /shrug

i still think it's kinda funny that these events happened exactly 3 years apart from each other

Born in 89 and followed the games and comics *US* version since it came out. Also my birthstone is the emerald which I am  very proud of :3

Ok, my first experience with Sonic was back in 1993 when my grandma bought me a SEGA Genesis with Sonic Spinball packed in. From there i was hooked and went on to play Sonic 1 and 2 and eventually had my grandma by me those and Sonic 3. When Sonic & Knuckles was released I was given that as well and I succeeded to receive Sonic 3D Blast too. I remember playing Sonic 2 for the first time and replaying Emerald Hill Zone over and over because I couldn't pass Chemical Plant Zone. tongue.png That game was really quite challenging for a 5 year old! From there on, I managed to play the Sonic games on the Saturn without ever owning one and had a Dreamcast and Sonic Adventure on pre-order about 6 or 7 months before its release date on 9/9/99. The rest is history, as they say! 

My story is... weird.

I had a friend back when I was around 6 years old who had a bunch of pirated games on his computer. His dad had this program that had a list of all these games. The only game that was actually official and not hacked in any way was Megaman X3. Everything else was hacked or a fangame.

Anyway, this one game featured Sonic. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. But the weird thing is that in this particular Sonic hack you rescued Mario from a cage. I'm not joking. When you got him out of the cage he would jump and shout "Mario!" 

I remember finding footage of it on Youtube a few months ago but I can't find it anymore. 

Anyway, after that I did some research, but Pokemon came around and I just kind of forgot about Sonic. It wasn't until a few years later when I got my first Sonic game, Sonic Adventure. Then I got Sonic Heroes, and both Mega Collections and Gems Collection when they came out to get into the earlier games. Joined the Sega forums, and since I was 10 and didn't know how to type I pissed everyone off and was eventually banned! Someone even made a thread about why they hated me, awww. I don't blame them, though. I was annoying, made double accounts, and got mad at anyone who didn't like Shadow..

I made a thread about how much one member "suxed", then on my other account I called myself a noob and called the other member the coolest guy on the Sega forums. Oh man.

I was horribly bullied for it in 5th grade and dropped the interest completely sometime in 6th grade. Met someone then who liked Sonic as much as I did, so I warmed up to the series again. 

And now here I am.

Oooo, you mean this one?

This is actually a hack of a Speedy Gonzales game for the SNES. Remember reading about this a long time ago on old "Secrets of Sonic Team" pages or something like that, not sure. Either way, neat way to find out about Sonic.

I was 4 years old I think and my cousin had a Genesis with the 32x attached and I played Knuckles Chaotix. I fell in love with that game! I later learned that Knuckles is from the Sonic series and that sparked my interest. I never got to playing an actual Sonic game until Sonic Heroes on the Gamecube. I was more of a Nintendo kid than a SEGA kid.

I got a Mega Drive for Christmas back in 1996....I think. Fell in love straight away. Went off Sonic for a bit in my teenage years, as a lot of people my age do, but rekindled my interest when I went to college. Been a big fan ever since. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well i always had a need for speed and loved speed games. I wasnt intentionally born in the 90's(born in 1998) but when i went to my cusions house, i saw my cusions playing sonic the hedgehog 2, i thought it sucked at the time but i had a go and thought it was alright. a few weeks later i got sonic 2 and sonic 3 for my genesis. i freaking loved them especially sonic 3.

a year later i was introduced to sonic adventure because i saw an ad for it on tv. I told my mom i want it and got it for christmas along with a brand new dreamcast. A few years later i got a gamecube along with sonic adventure 2 battle and that was the game of my life. because of that game i would not go out or nothing, i had no life because the game was so damn epic. I still wasnt the big fan i am today untill i found out there were two sonic shows on tv and thats where i died of excitement. SATAM and sonic x. i loved them both. And thats where my huge sonic fandom began. But sadly i lost interest in sonic after sonic 06. i dont know why i didnt buy any sonic games after that.

Last year i got back into sonic and bought sonic generations and sonic lost world 3ds. Though sonic generations was the first sonic game i played of the boost trilogy because i missed out on all the sonic games between sonic 06 and generations. Thanks for listening to my lifestory :) IM PROUD TO BE A SONIC FAN BECAUSE SONIC OWNS !!

When I was about 10 or so I went to Dennys with my friend and his sister before a sleep over at his house. The kids menus came with a small coloring book that had a sonic underground theme and my friend's sister explained all the characters on it. I did not have many TV channels so I rented some of the SatAM video tapes at blockbuster. A few years later they sold the original sonic games as a collection on CD's for the PC so I started playing. I wasn't very good at them but I remember bouncing around on the mushrooms as knuckles in one of them. One summer I saved up and bought a gamecube and sonic adventure DX and I was hooked. 

I liked sonic as soon as i got sonic 2&3 but the tv shows made me a hardcore sonic fan. now that sonic boom is here, i can get my aby brother to like sonic hopefully

Sonic Adventure 2 was the very first interaction I had with the Sonic Series, but I didn't become a fan before learning more about it when I watched Sonic X. smile.png

I was first introduced to Sonic by Sonic X, and it happened to be the baseball episode. I hated it, and never thought of Sonic until 2009. The first Sonic games I've played were Sonic 1 for the Genesis, and... Sonic 06. Great intro, huh? It wasn't until a little later that year when I got into the series thanks to Sonic 2 and 3. 
That's basically it.

The first Sonic game I've played was Sonic Heroes. I didn't own this game, so I played this on my cousin's copy. I only remember playing on the first 2 levels as Sonic's team and somewhat Vector's. Fast forward to 2008 I think, when Super Smash Bros Brawl was first released. Once I unlocked all the characters, I found Sonic to be the most fun character (and tricky to use) in the game. This prompted me to buy Sonic 3 (no & Knuckles unfortunately) on the Virtual Console. I never beat it, but I would come back to it much, much later. Although I did love playing as Sonic in Brawl, I never really felt invested to play more Sonic games at that point in time.

Fast forward a couple of years, and I followed this channel called Game Grumps. I initially followed because of Egoraptor, but I grew to love it because of Jontron. I am no longer a fan of Game Grumps anymore, which happened around the time Jon left the channel. Back when I was a fan of the channel, I really loved their Sonic 06 playthrough. After watching a couple of episodes, I started thinking to myself that I wanted to play a 3D Sonic game that wasn't as terrible as 06. After digging through the Internet, I found Sonic Generations. I looked at the reviews of this game and found them to be mainly positive so I bought it. After finishing it, I grew to love Sonic as I was interested in its characters and the lore. So I finally finished Sonic 3 (which was a lot more difficult than I thought) and bought Sonic Adventure 1, 2, and Colors. I played the Unleashed mod as well which was really well done. 

My story is simple, it`s also stated in my profile. The first Sonic game I ever plsyed was Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the Sega Genesis. In 1992, my dad got my uncle a Genesis bundle with Sonic 2. Iwas later born in 1996. I think in 2000, I played it for the first time, and I loved it! Only problem was that I was 4 years old, so I was stuck at chemical plant act 2. A few years later, I got af far up to Metropolis. Another few years later, I managed to beat the game! Sonic 2 will always have a special place in my heart, so will Tails!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't known Sonic all that long unlike most of you on here but the first Sonic game I fully played was Sonic colours but before that what got me into the blue blur was my little brother as he was given a Mario & Sonic Vancouver 2010 game, and I would play it all the time on the Nintendo Wii with him and we both are fans of Sonic now.

I haven't known Sonic all that long unlike most of you on here but the first Sonic game I fully played was Sonic colours but before that what got me into the blue blur was my little brother as he was given a Mario & Sonic Vancouver 2010 game, and I would play it all the time on the Nintendo Wii with him and we both are fans of Sonic now.

Well it all started with this game:

Ultimate-Flash-Sonic.jpg

Yeah, I first knew Sonic through a fangame. wacko.png

But it was a pretty good one and it convinced me try out the series, so at 2007, I got Rivals 2 for my PSP since I couldn't find Rivals 1 at that time. I had a good time with it even though I couldn't beat the game due to me not knowing that I can jump higher holding the X button but I was a kid back then, beated the game and got all the cards heck I even speedrun some of the levels in that game (Got sub 1:25 in Blue Coast Act 1). At December 2008, I got Unleashed for the PS2 and my sister got Chronicles, we both had our moments with those games. As of right now, I have a pretty good knowledge in Sonic. Watched all of Sonic X twice and read the Archie comics and enjoying it quite a lot. So yeah, it started from a fangame and I became an expert in everything Sonic, it's kind of funny actually.

Must be a glitch, since you said that twice. Don't worry, you're not the first one I've seen affected.

I was 5. I saw some kids playing some 3D sonic game in the play room at the shelter my family was staying at. It was love at first sight, but nobody would let me play. A year or so later I found a Sonic the Hedgehog novel at a flea market and snatched that up. I think it was based on the SatAM cartoon because Sally Acorn featured in it. That's about all I remember about it.

Years later I was gifted a SEGA Genesis for my 12th birthday, including a bunch of games. The original Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis trilogy included. Thus my quiet curiosity turned into an obsession that continues to this day.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I actually saw Sonic the first time In Sonic X, and I, truthfully, fell in love with him. So here I am, almost 4 years later, still with strong affection towards him, I lay in bed, snuggling with my favorite Sonic plushie.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was 1997. I was 6, and I played Sonic 1 on my neighbor's Genesis. Changed my life. I started devouring the cartoons, the comics, begging my parents for a SEGA, etc. In 98, I got my own Genesis, with Sonic 1, 2, 3 and the Classics cartridge with Mean Bean Machine, all from a local record shop that also sold used games. This was in addition to Cool Spot, Toe-Jam & Earl, and several other classics, and my collection kept growing. My life honestly hasn't been the same since, and Sonic's what started my love affair with console gaming, after having grown up a PC point-and-click player.

Gonna try my best to keep this short, 'cos I always end up rambling when I tell this story:

I was introduced to Sonic at the age of 6 through my niece*. She had a Mega Drive in her room, and the game she always played most was Sonic & Knuckles (therefor my earliest memory of Sonic was Mushroom Hill Zone). She later introduced me to Sonic 3D, Sonic 1 and Sonic 3. Then she showed me an episode of AoStH she had on video.

I later found my first issue of StC (#127, I remember it because of the free transfers).

Christmas 1998, I got a Mega Drive. It was one of those later editions that where only being sold at Index stores and it came with a 6-game cartridge that included Sonic 1.

And that's about it.

*I've been an uncle since before I was even born: there's a good 16 year age gap between me and my 3 older siblings. My mum had my oldest sister in her 20's, and she, my oldest sister, went on to have her first child at 18. Two years later, my mum had me, when she was in her early 40's. As a result I grew up with a niece who was more like an older sister to me.