Awoo.

Unofficial ASRT Fan-Art competition

Mando-Whirl-Wind

Ok, so I figured I would start a spin-off of this on here so that we can get an even wider range of entries, so here so what is happening. We after the kinda disappointing Gamespot alternate Box-art competition, I decided to start a forum run competition. Originaly it was box-art only, however it has been expanded to Fan-Art with Box-Art as a categorie. Though the main focus of the competition will be on the Sega forums, entries may be placed here, and the results will be placed on both. So here is the opening post from our current main thread, however I may open a new one when the competition actualy begins, but I will update this post as well.

also a note The competition starts 1/23/13 at 5PM EST

competition page http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?452750-Unofficial-Sega-Forums-Alternate-Box-art-contest

The (Unofficial) Sega Forums ASRT Fan-Art Competition
(unofficial as its being done by us fans rather than any official entity)
Purpose:
Due to a large amount of negitive response to Gamespot's Competition, I have decided to put together one for here at the forums by us managed by us for our own pleasure of course! I will be moderating the thread, however I hope to have it Judged by a number of refutable Forum members, and I hope to convince one of the SUMO guys to be a guest judge.
Timeline:
So, the first place to start is the timeline basis, so that everyone has a good idea of how this goes down: So for the next 3 days, we will be trying to finalize the judges and rules, so feel free to contribute on helping shape-up the rules. The competition's official 'start is 1/22/13 at 5PM EST. Currently the final submission date will proably be 2/8/13, and the winner announcement day will be up to a week after the submissions end. During this time period Finalists and honorable mentions will be displayed prior to the final announcements.
Guidelines/rules

It must be your own original work, wheter it is drawn, modeled or sketched, the only photoshoped pictures you can use are from the game, however you are encourged to not just photoshop a cover out of screenshotsYou can enter multiple entries, however only 1 will be accepted for a category, you cant have 2 and expect them to be first and second, however if we have enough entries to merit it, you can have entries be ranked in multiple categories, of course one cover cannot win in 2 categories.Please be Respectful, humorous work can be accepted, however work that is blantantly rude and offensive, your post will be removed as will be offensive, and vulgar works.
4) .PNG, and .GIF are prefered for clarity of the image, if you have to use a different format please clarify your reason
Note: more rules may be added, if any good ones are proposed.

Categories
1) Box-art: has to include ASRT logo, and within certian dimensions that will be determined by the judges; can include screenshots, and these may be from either all-stars racing game
A) console: we may be splitting up depending on which console it is conceived for, usualy relevant due to the characters included(its unlikely that we see a cover with a Mii, an Avatar, and the Team Fortress guys all on the same cover :P)
2) Fan-Art: original work on ASRT subjects, may be suplemented by screenshots, however must contain custom work as well
A)Racers: generaly focuses on a specific racer and car, may include a victory style appearance rather than in race
B)Action images: inspired by events ingame, usualy includes a variety of scenery, and a racer
C)Scenery: Inspired by ingame views and locals, does not recquire a racer, however if it does you may want to clarify
D) Currently not ingame characters: Artwork focused on characters that have not been confirmed, however may be introduced as DLC, generaly this should proably be on the characters who won the petition competition, however may feature others as well.
*Note, categories may flux or change, but should be finalized by end of adjustment period
**(kept for posterity)Currently, there is only the general entry category, however additional categories may be added.

Awards
A number of awards will be given for creativity, and effort, these are only titles of course, however they will be quite fun, Awards may be adjusted, and added during our 3 day formation period, and final awards will be decided by me and the judges

Judges favorite: even if they don't win, each judge will get to choose their personal favorite entry.

Judges

These are the current proposed judges, I am awaiting their agreement. I will proably ask for their help to determine another judge if one of the others declined. I am the Moderator, and I will have no vote, however I will have my say as an advisor during the selection process, however I can not pick a finalist myself
note: when the Judges are finalized they will be bolded

TB (Confirmed): He has earned my respect during the whole DLC petition event, and I believe he has a level head, and would be honored to have him be a judgeZombie Aladdin(confirmed): despite being a newer personality on the forums, he has shown himself to be a good debater, and has a good viewpointBlaquaza(confirmed): He has been inteligent, and decent at defusing situations, so I have chosen him as a judge canidate Bonus SUMO judge: I would love to have one of you guys participate, and I hope that SumoSpartan, S0L, or SUMOAeRoSiKTh would consider, or if one of you have another SUMO guy who wants to particpate you can nominate him.
So thats it for now, this is the basic setup and layout, I would like to get the overall opinion and feedback on this, that is why we have the 3 day adjustment period to get this all together and organized. I am doing this because I want to see what you guys can do with the proper info, and time, and to give you a chance to have a balanced competition, I cant promise bias wont happen, I cant read the judges' mind, however there is a reason why we have three judges so that everyone has an equal chance.

So Remember, get read, get set, and Draw! This all for fun ya know ;)

Note:all 3 main judges are confirmed, still waiting to hear from the SUMO guys

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mando-Whirl-Wind

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic