Awoo.

Yoshi's Woolly World (Available now on the Wii U, 3DS and in my veins! My bloodstream is woolly soft!)

YoshiUnity

They're beads, actually, according to Nintendo employees whenever they're commenting on the game. I haven't played Kirby's Epic Yarn but from what I remember watching youtube videos, they were also the "standard collectible" in that game...?

EDIT:

Ah, some prototype Yoshi designs! I only managed to screencap two but there was also a "bead" Yoshi design that looked really weird, hahaha.

Fluffy sheep-y Yoshi!

fccbf7e923496b5acf915f32c885df15.png

And designs like Epic Yarn's.

f000092cb82cf7ca9137146b831f88fd.png

Edited by elementofchaos
  • Thumbs Up 3

Here is a few more of the prototype designs, credit to Tumblr user ewzzy for capturing these.

Some are outlineish like this one.

Or this one.

Or these instructions.

Others have a beed like appearance.

There is more beed like ones.

And another one.

And one showing what the game itself might have looked like.

Plus this unique zipper one.

I like them all but I'm glad they went with the finalized choice, all these looks really fit Yoshi, it kinda reminds the levels in Yoshi Story with the background that made it looked liked it was made out of different materials.

This game is one of the cutest ones I have ever seen, I really enjoyed Epic Yarn from what I played of it, hope the team continues their good work.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's the full album of prototype designs: http://imgur.com/a/00mpm (dammit, ninja'd!)

Yeah, the look they went with in the end looks way better. The others look too similar to Kirby's Epic Yarn. Although I do want to see Sheep Yoshi appear in the final game tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 1

more info

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/230969-yoshi-s-woolly-world-another-round-of-gameplay-details

Yoshi's Woolly World - another round of gameplay details

Jun 14, 2014 by RawmeatCowboy | Comments: 0 | Show/Hide

- when enemies unravel, their yarn twists in and out of the background in addition to left and right
- sewing needles poke through platforms when you throw a ball of yarn at them
- Shy Guys are made up of loosely bundled strands of thread
- Huffin Puffin chicks are tightly packed puffs of cotton
- individual pieces of yarn show subtle fraying
- stray wisps and strands of yarn can be seen swaying gently off the fabric
- sequins glow in dark areas
- Yoshi’s nose squishes in softly as he pushes against objects
- the ground reacts differently to Yoshi's feet depending on what type of fabric it is
- Yoshi can use his tongue to tug on loose threads to open secret areas
- a ring of pink petals encircles Yoshi to represent health
- you can find more petals hidden around the stages
- if you lose all your health, you're return to a previous checkpoint
- one level has Yoshi leading Huffin Puffin chicks instead of eggs
- Koopa Troopa's have button-shells
- invisible question mark clouds hide bonuses, secret paths or the path forward
- in co-op, if you swallow the other Yoshi and turn him into a ball of yarn, that yarn ball will be more powerful than a regular one
- when playing with just the Wii Remote, egg-tossing is mapped to the ‘A’ button

Link

• 9 months later...

Fucking hell I actually was wanting this game more than Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. I hope Splatoon + my backlog will be enough to keep me busy over the summer.

You lucky guys get the game in June. We in the states have to wait until who-knows-when in the fall. I want the cuteness NAO.

I would hope August, since they refer to that as Fall too for whatever reason. However, Nintendo of America is stupid instead and would probably want to put it out the same month as Mario Maker or Xenoblade Chronicles X instead.

• 2 weeks later...

20 fucking quid for an Amiibo? I swear by far these are exclusive to GAME...

You got to realize these amiibo are bigger and crafted out of actual material though, I expected them to go for more.

20 fucking quid for an Amiibo? I swear by far these are exclusive to GAME...

Shopto has the lot available, or a least the did earlier, it's slightly cheaper but the amiibo are still about £16 and the game bundle is around £45.

*heavy breathing* I. NEED. THAT. BUNDLE.

Oh gods I hope they still have some available! I'm so looking forward to this, more so than Kirby Rainbow Curse!

EDIT: Kaabii ordered the Yoshi bundle and I got the blue Yoshi for Soniko. Sorted! =D

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 1

Cheers for the heads up, Soniko! Managed to pre-order the game and Green Yarn Yoshi amiibo bundle.

Let the cuteness overload commence come 26th June!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

New (and positive!) preview from NintendoLife:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/04/preview_unraveling_the_truth_in_yoshis_woolly_world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuoA9WOgzuw

Confirms the reward you get for collecting all five Wonder Wools in a stage - new designs for Yoshi! Ranging from Clown Yoshi, Flower Yoshi, to even Shy Guy Yoshi... sounds like a pretty decent reason to go out in search of them all!

Also, transformations return - including a mole, a giant Yoshi, an umbrella, and a motorbike. Cannot wait to see that last one in action.

• Thumbs Up 3

Neat! It looks like we'll have a little 3D hub to stroll around in between levels! (It also shows some transformations.)

• Thumbs Up 2

I need those yarn Amiibos in my life so bad.  You guys don't know how bad I need them.

Really looking forward to the game on all aspects, though.  It just continues to look adorable as well as fun!  Mellow Mode looks like something that might be fun to utilize for post-game exploration and not at all for skipping ahead of difficult areas and pretending like I actually did it.  But really, it all looks great!

Ahhhhh! <3 This is looking ten times better than Kirby Epic Yarn in almost every way; the colours, the textile details etc. And I'm really liking that Hub world!

Btw, do we know the plot of this game yet?

Ahhhhh! <3 This is looking ten times better than Kirby Epic Yarn in almost every way; the colours, the textile details etc. And I'm really liking that Hub world!

Btw, do we know the plot of this game yet?

No, though we do know Kamek is involved. That said I don't think it'll be anything spectacular. I mean, its a Yoshi game. :P