Awoo.

Yoshi's Woolly World (Available now on the Wii U, 3DS and in my veins! My bloodstream is woolly soft!)

YoshiUnity

A video of a chunk of the amiibo skins.

Now if you'll excuse me...*clears throat*

OMG YOSHI BOWSER IS SO FREAKING ADORABLE I MUST HAVE THIS GAME NAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thank you.

• Thumbs Up 4

tumblr_noz2r54COy1tdf11no1_1280.jpg

Here's one not shown in that video, Ness!

I can't wait to see what Shulk, Dark Pit, Captain Falcon, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man look like!

Oh, man, I'm going totally use all my amiibos on this game.

• Thumbs Up 2

tumblr_noz2r54COy1tdf11no1_1280.jpg

Here's one not shown in that video, Ness!

I can't wait to see what Shulk, Dark Pit, Captain Falcon, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man look like!

Oh, man, I'm going totally use all my amiibos on this game.

...That's a very bad Photoshop, though

It's a shame the Pokemon Company will never get its head out of its ass (which is weird considering it's just another name for Nintendo and GF). Would be pretty cool to have Pokemon colored Yoshis. Ah well, I have a DK amiibo and that design is my favorite out of the lot I've seen.

Hey. I haven't  been on this topic for quite some time after my preivous visit gave me such hype that it flung me outside the very fabric of time and space. I wonder what new things have been revealed since I'm curious and --

New (and positive!) preview from NintendoLife:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/04/preview_unraveling_the_truth_in_yoshis_woolly_world

*video*

Confirms the reward you get for collecting all five Wonder Wools in a stage - new designs for Yoshi! Ranging from Clown Yoshi, Flower Yoshi, to even Shy Guy Yoshi... sounds like a pretty decent reason to go out in search of them all!

Also, transformations return - including a mole, a giant Yoshi, an umbrella, and a motorbike. Cannot wait to see that last one in action.

* more video*

Neat! It looks like we'll have a little 3D hub to stroll around in between levels! (It also shows some transformations.)

New GameXplain hands-on preview discussion:

*delicious video*

Covers most of the stuff seen in the previous NintendoLife preview, but also contains a few new details - for instance, the story involves Kamek turning the Yarn Yoshis into Wonder Wools (which explains why collecting Wonder Wools gives you new Yoshi designs). Also, you can play independent co-op in the little hub world.

Oh, and you can ride Poochy in any level!

So, how many Yoshi patterns will you be able to unlock by collecting the Wonder Wool in each stage?

Absolutely freaking loads, if this new teaser trailer is anything to go by!

*video that is amazing*

Oh mah gawd they are so adorable!

In other news, further amiibo support has been confirmed for the game (the back cover of the box art was leaked) - Yarn Yoshi amiibo will have both read and write functionality, allowing you to spawn a second Yoshi and also save a chosen Yoshi pattern. The normal Yoshi amiibo will just have the read functionality, spawning the second Yoshi. Other amiibo including Mario, Luigi, Peach "and more" will unlock special Yoshi patterns based on those characters.

EDIT: Here's some new artwork and screens! (more here)

But what about scanning a Yoshi Amiibo?

yoshi-woolly-world-11.jpg

Hahahahaha, those sly bastards.

More here: http://nintendoeverything.com/new-yoshis-woolly-world-screenshotsart-show-amiibo-patterns/

.......  Huh... Well then! Excuse me for a moment, but I think my hype has increase so much that It surpasses fanatic levels of insanity and into Nicolas Cage levels of craziness in terms of overall mental stability...

*looks in a mirror* 

vGp42nE.gif

Yep... I'm Nicholas Cage now.

Think it time to ride my flaming bike to Bangkok with a cage of angry bees on my head screaming, "I'M A VAMPIRE! I'M a VAMPIRE!". And when I get home, I'll be sure to teach my daughter how to be one of the most badass assassin's ever. Just hope she doesn't get confused to why I have John Travolta's face.

• Thumbs Up 4

That laugh will forever haunt me....

• Thumbs Up 1

Dayum, that Sonic amiibo Yoshi is perfect! Definitely going to be whizzing around the stages using that design :D (hey, it's one way to pretend we're getting a decent new Sonic platformer this year at least...!)

Wait is that green one a Squid Inkling Yoshi?!

Sure is! Here's the original source for the video showing off pretty much all of the amiibo:

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm kinda amazed that there's Sonic, Megaman and Pac-Man designs for Yoshi but no sign of Pokémon even though the latter isn't third party. I mean wha?

2u7rlut.jpg

So I heard you like Sanic Yoshiz...

OOH that looks cool!

And dat Squidling Yoshi!

I must hug them all

I'm kinda amazed that there's Sonic, Megaman and Pac-Man designs for Yoshi but no sign of Pokémon even though the latter isn't third party. I mean wha?

It could be something to do with a mandate, or maybe some pokemon designs are too complicated.

2u7rlut.jpg

So I heard you like Sanic Yoshiz...

My eyes might be deceiving me but one of the Yoshi looks like Greninja... Just a small thought.

Do you mean the one directly underneath the Robin Yoshi? I thought it might be Greninja at first too, but I think that's meant to be Ike.

Do you mean the one directly underneath the Robin Yoshi? I thought it might be Greninja at first too, but I think that's meant to be Ike.

It is Ike, my brother and I compared the amiibo to the picture and they match.

The one to the left of the Yoshi under Robin Yoshi looks more like Greninja.

The one to the left of the Yoshi under Robin Yoshi looks more like Greninja.

I think that's Marth, though. It looks like they're top-to-bottom, left-to-right. To the left a bit further you see Link, Zelda below him, then in the next row its Sheik at the top. (It looks like Toon Link isn't here.)

Here's Marth's Amiibo:

http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/files/2014/11/amiibo-marth.jpg

A video featuring not only more amiibo skins (Luma saddle on Rosalina Yoshi!), but Sonic Yoshi gameplay! (BAW GREEN BUTTONS!)

• Thumbs Up 5

AWWWWWWW

Everything's so adorable hnnnnngh

Has it been said if player 2 can use Amiibo costumes yet?

AWWWWWWWEverything's so adorable hnnnnnghHas it been said if player 2 can use Amiibo costumes yet?

A similar question I have is: "Can the Yarn Yoshi amiibo save the figure designs?"

I remember seeing somewhere that the Yarn Yoshi amiibo has read/write functionality and can save an assigned pattern to itself. I wonder if the Yarn Yoshi can also assign amiibo patterns to itself. I want Light Blue Yarn Yoshi to have the Sonic design saved onto him.

• Thumbs Up 1

A similar question I have is: "Can the Yarn Yoshi amiibo save the figure designs?"

I remember seeing somewhere that the Yarn Yoshi amiibo has read/write functionality and can save an assigned pattern to itself. I wonder if the Yarn Yoshi can also assign amiibo patterns to itself. I want Light Blue Yarn Yoshi to have the Sonic design saved onto him.

I would imagine (or at least hope) that once you scan in one of the amiibo to get the patterns, you unlock them for permanent use and can swap them out at any time. A bit like the Mii racing suits in Mario Kart 8. So yeah, I'd think any unlocked patterns should be fair game for writing to the Yarn Yoshi amiibo.

Anyway, on the subject of amiibo patterns... I just realised we can have Mario and Sonic working together in a platformer at long last! ...admittedly in Yoshi form, yes, but a glorious day it is all the same!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Could be mold or bugs, this particular line would be super vulnerable to that

• Thumbs Up 1