Awoo.

Sony + Playfire.com reveal exclusive first look at the new official "Trophycard" (Its now out in Europe)

Random Rhyme

Many of you guys are familiar with the 360's Gamertags well after ages of waiting we the PS3 owners are finally getting our own "Trophycard"

Exclusive announcement for Playfire.com members!

We're excited to announce to you, Playfire.com members, something we've all been waiting for... Our good friends at Sony have allowed us to reveal the design for the upcoming official Sony PSN Portable ID! Scheduled to hit very soon, we're all excited at Playfire, and cannot wait to try it out! The ID will be from eu.playstation.com and it'll update automatically based on the Portal.

Over 1 million Trophycards served every day... Is this the end of the Playfire Trophycard?

No way, definitely not! This is just the start. We're going to be building some amazing things in the near future using the PSN trophy data, and releasing it for you the Playfire members. Want to be the first to hear about the cool new things we build? Quickly become a member now! --->

If you like, you can still use the manual Playfire card to show off your trophies until this one comes out.

Source

http://www.playfire.com/trophies

I'm ecstatic, now all I have to do it wait until its released.

EDIT- Its now out in Europe, but still no sign of a US one.

To get one....

Go to the Europe playstation.com site and click the "my account" option and you will see portable ID, click it and it will give you a link to put in your sig to see it.

Edited by Shade737

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ming Ming Hatsune

• Random Rhyme

• Dobkeratops

• CtW

"Trophycard" is a nice name.

It's about time they released "Gamertags" for the PS3, they should've done it early 2008.

Yea, its been ages already. I am just hoping to find the release date for this.

Edited by Shade737

Finally! And nice to see what games you latest played, instead of just showing trohpies.

But what does "Coming Soon" mean? 1 month? or 5?

Edited by Michael Myers

I saw this two days ago. THIS IS SO AWESUHUM. I've been waiting for something like this. They came close when they released this Trophies Module less than a month ago, but...that's not what I wanted...

A portable ID with the auto trophies. So yeah, I can't wait! =3

Finally! And nice to see what games you latest played, instead of just showing trohpies.

But what does "Coming Soon" mean? 1 month? or 5?

Thats what I've been trying to find out with no luck. The best thing you can do is register an account and wait for the e-mail.

About time, I say. I've been waiting for something like this for quite a while now. Of course, I'm not sure I want to rep my incredibly lame PS3 game collection and my lack of skill with console games, but it's still nice.

I think this will be out in 2-3 months. It shouldn't take them long to do.

I think you can still use your US account data on the EU site and get one of those anyways. Hope it works the same for whatever the US version is, in case they have a better design so I can swap them at will.

Lol at the "favourite game" section being mandatory and having a ridiculously tiny selection of games. I haven't played any of them!

Flintyfoxy.png

I kinda wish you could modify these more, have it show your latest trophies etc.

Edited by Flint

OMFG! I MUST GET THAT!

Hold on...I'll edit my post when I get mine...

EDIT: HELL YEAH! 8D

But...I dunno why I have the UK flag on mine...but oh well. ^.^;;

Starlighthed211.png

Edited by Spicylicious

It looks good but still no sign of a US one :(

The UK flag is there because its only out in Europe for the time being.

Edited by Shade737

Why do you want the US one instead of the European one? o.O I'm using this ID for the time being until the US one comes out. But then, there is no word that the US one will come out...

Why do you want the US one instead of the European one? o.O I'm using this ID for the time being until the US one comes out. But then, there is no word that the US one will come out...
Well I didn't want to have to switch so I will wait. Edited by Shade737

Don't worry, your account will remain as a US account. =3 Don't worry, I can still access the US PSN Store and everything with my account.

Working as intended it seems.

EDIT: Dammit, its missing the RE5 info! Must update on a daily basis maybe?

Edited by killemoff

This is going to be so sweet. Can't wait for it to come to the USA.

I can't wait for the US one too, but I don't think the US won't have it for a long while. In this Europe one, you have to force update your ID to have the latest details. I'll get tired of this soon...

Clicking the banners themselves seem to get you nowhere either. Just back to the PSN registration page. Maybe they're still working on it.

They are obviously...but I'm still upset that the US version isn't out yet...because the portable IDs there are really >crap< and ugly looking. Even the old European portable IDs were better than ours. >.>;;