Awoo.

Sonic Zone Forum- who here was a member?

HotFudge

Oh wow, Terracotta. I actually remember you. You were so nice and chill.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

I made an account to reply to this topic, after searching around on google for the sonic zone forums.

I was a big time member of the old SZF back in the day, I knew many of the mods and had all sorts of fun. I was mainly in the roleplaying area of the forums with Legato Bluesummers and Apollyon. I also heavily participated in the sprite area making custom comics with my friends there. For a long time I simply just was around everywhere in the forums and participated in everything as much as I could. I even had a topic where I would answer peoples questions about the sonic comic books series by archie comics.

Two of the mods I remained great friends with even after the forums exploded, Dayte and Rusteh.

Rusteh is still on my steam friends list, but I have no idea where Dayte is, rusteh would probably know. I was friends outside of szf with Legato for a long time too, until I decided to delete my Facebook a long while back.

Everyone who was there is right about Sonikku pretty much abandoning us. I remember when he was gone for a time and the forums got overan by a One Piece fandom fever, and all the mods and members made one piece groups and we all changed our names to characters from the show.

That didnt last long when certain people found out.

I think the hacking of the site that Xash did, really killed it. After that, it sort of limped on and finally died. It was sort of remade at the Sonic Earth forums, but didnt go so well.

• 3 months later...

Lord, I remember that place very well. I would get banned and unbanned, then banned and unbanned again. The owner "Sonikku"; Name was actually Adam, he stalked or dated (not really sure) the user "ShadeSpawnOfShadow" whom was a good friend of mine, Most of the mods and memebers hated him, he used to hit on minors etc.. Really atrocious stuff.  I was "Shadikku" on there. Hell. I'm glad it's gone, and for some members "KeelyTheLLama, PinkyGirl," I miss them dearly, if I could do it all over again. I'd rather eat a watermelon and walk away. But Xash killed it for good when he dos'd it. I'd never forget that day. Accounts were screwed, deleted, nothing worked. I just left after all that.

But for anyone here, who was there. Kudos on seeing you all!

Edited by Shadikku

From my knowledge, no. Unless she didn't tell me. He was like 29 and she was 13 I don't really think so. Too many years ago. lol

I remember SZF. Fairly well, since I used to "help" run it.

Day / Minty / any other name you can think of. That was me. After Adam/Sonikku sold the site, there wasn't really much else we could do. The guy who bought it was never on, and without full access to the ACP, there wasn't a whole lot we had in the way of advancement.

So we ran it into the ground, until Xash came along and shut it down. Fun run, really.

So yeah, I recognise a few names here. I still talk to Rusty on a regular basis, and Sipher, and Sanic, and Valtiel. Funnily enough, it was Stormy who mentioned SZF, so I figured I check for it. Find this, and here we are.

Interesting to see who remembers though!

• Thumbs Up 1

I uh, really haven't been on a forum since SZF. It was Day who mentioned this to me, via Stormy.

I can't deny that some of the moderators were pretty toxic, including myself at one point by hanging out with them I suppose. I was there from around 2003-2007 and enjoyed the experience even though I wasn't big into Sonic by that point and accidentally joined in the first place looking for a Chao Garden guide. I was the general moderator from 2005-2007, T3hRusteh.

The forum itself, despite everything wasn't that bad. After "Sonikku" sold the site to "Soniky" it was pretty much doomed anyway. Me and Day tried our best in the last few months to keep it running by giving ourself admin powers but the member Xash got a hold of it and finally put the site out of its misery.  As mentioned, I still keep in contact with Day and some others a lot. It's a real nostalgia bomb thinking about that website. Especially since I recognize some of your names.

Thankfully, Miles the Cy Fox is not here. That dude straight up hated me.

-Rusty.

Edited by Rusteh

I actually remember you Rusty. As well as you Day. Such nostalgia tripping.

And wait, Miles was on SZF? I don't remember that at all, actually. I know he's on Sonic Blast though, another Sonic Zone-esque forum where he's probably still admin.

• Thumbs Up 1

From my knowledge, no. Unless she didn't tell me. He was like 29 and she was 13 I don't really think so. Too many years ago. lol

From my recollection he was in college and she was in her teens yes. Although Shade e-dated a lot of people. I think between her and SexxySharky the entire male population of SZF had an online girlfriend at one stage.

I actually remember you Rusty. As well as you Day. Such nostalgia tripping.

And wait, Miles was on SZF? I don't remember that at all, actually. I know he's on Sonic Blast though, another Sonic Zone-esque forum where he's probably still admin.

I know, it's really strange to think it was so long ago. As for Cy-Fox, he hated me so much he tried to report me to Symantec for "hacking him" and made multiple accounts trying to troll me. 

Talk about deja-vu!  But I did run across some stuff in my photobucket account. Dated and still funny. Nostalgia comes to mind here.

6-6-06.jpg

howthehell.jpg

okaythatiseird.png

Edited by Shadikku

Talk about deja-vu!  But I did run across some stuff in my photobucket account. Dated and still funny. Nostalgia comes to mind here.

6-6-06.jpg

howthehell.jpg

AAHHHH, THE PINK BOX.

I remember being so excited to see those things when I logged in, because I knew somebody had messaged me. Then they went away when I started spending more time on invisionfree boards. sad.png 

Theres a link to SZF via the WayBack Machine in my signature, just pointing that out again.

Whatever happened to "ChimpoMcCrazyPants"? Thats the one mod I remember in particular from that place.

Edited by Cyalume

Oh my god, LOL I haven't heard that name since 06! Christ! We need to have a reunion or something (without the bs) And I know for a fact Shade is on =SSMB= But she hasn't been active since '07 it says.

God i recognise a few of the names being mentioned here and been a while since i seen you Shadikku.

but god that shoutbox was just constant bait waiting to happen.

No ones seen me for a while, happens when you get older. :P I don't recognize your name though. :/ Is that same one it was in SZF?

Xash, what a fuckin' fag man. Valtiel was where the fun was at.

How're all of you fine individuals doing?

*a picture of kittens, I promise*

... Um, if I may ask, what was the context of this... post?

Edited by Necropenthe

Speaking of nostalgic times:

*kittens everywhere*

There's more but they're not as good.

LOOOOOOL, The post above that is me!

Nova, was trolling the person who made that post. (wasn't me) man he always cracked me the hell up.

Edited by Necropenthe

... Um, if I may ask, what was the context of this... post?

I have no idea. He posted that out of nowhere. The 20% warn was from me over the post. It was posted in a "Love life status thread".

I'm wondering what happened to Kogen, Pryo, I used to see them on my messenger all the time then like a snap of a finger, I never saw them again. I talk to Spazz every now and then from time to time.

Gives me hope that the retired staff off some of the boards I used to main might show up out of thin air again one day. Never thought I'd see prominent SZF ex-members/staff around these days.

People never truly ditch the internet, only certain communities, so they're usually just floating around somewhere else. Its just awesome to think about, really... everybody you lost when a board went down having a chance to suddenly show up again.

Edited by Cyalume

Well it's not like I wanted to, habit. Hell I wanted to make this exact post myself but I was to chicken to do it. and I've been here 3 years! and never posted until I saw this. My reaction was quite surprising

Shadikku: *Sees Post, then reads*
Shadikku: NO F@#$%ING WAY!

That about summed it up. You don't forget people, even if they are or are not your friends.

• Thumbs Up 1