Awoo.

Sonic Zone Forum- who here was a member?

HotFudge

Yeah I totally made this account just so I could show up in this thread

that's how little I have going on

Thinking back, SZF was so much fun at the time but in reality it was just a cesspool of insanity

Yeah I totally made this account just so I could show up in this thread

that's how little I have going on

Thinking back, SZF was so much fun at the time but in reality it was just a cesspool of insanity

But that can literally make a place worth going to sometimes, that insanity. tongue.png

Speaking of nostalgic times:

SjXBfSI.png

You know Legato/Neil still texts me every now and then, we're steam buddies

SZF was definitely vital to my past attempts at making internet friends

But that can literally make a place worth going to sometimes, that insanity. tongue.png

That's what it devolved into. At some point all the sonic stuff just felt secondary

Yeeeaaah, one of those images was a bit too graphic, so I removed it.

Also a quick reminder, not that anyone's particularly broken the rule: A little wayback machine posting is all well and good, but try to keep this mainly impressions and meet-up discussion? SSMB is not SZF, after all. xP

• Thumbs Up 2

You know Legato/Neil still texts me every now and then, we're steam buddies

SZF was definitely vital to my past attempts at making internet friends

That's what it devolved into. At some point all the sonic stuff just felt secondary

I think it happened to some if not most of us, Most of my memories were always late at night lurking the chatbox, and talking about absolutely nothing that made any since (some of the time)

• 3 weeks later...

I found a thing: 
http://web.archive.org/web/20060517040200/http://reviews.sonikku.com/index.php?s=5

My time on the board was generally spent chasing rings and being a clueless preteen. I'm 21 now. Alot of the concepts from SZF would end up influencing all the little Invisionfree boards that sprung up around it from members who jumped ship: The shoutbox, multiple character based themes, that ring system, et cetera.

I linked an old friend of mine (who I now have on Facebook) to TSS, and she noted that it actually reminded her of SZF. Couldn't help but laugh a bit at at that.

Edited by Cyalume

God that's going back a bit. I was a member there in 2004/5, my bf was a mod there, haha. Lots of memories of that place, but my true online home for the 00's was right here on SSMB. SZF was an absolutely nutty place, filled to the brim with young children, so there was spammy, misspelled crap absolutely everywhere. There was a lot of fun too, mind you, for a few years it was a really enjoyable forum to be on. Didn't spend a huge amount of time there though, since I was obsessing over my staff duties on here most of the time.

• 2 months later...

Man, I was a religious member on there from March of 2004 up until August of 2005.

I was known on there as "coolforever", and I was almost made a mod at one point because I developed a strong relationship with "Shade Spawn of Shadow" who was the apparent girlfriend of Sonikku himself. Needless to say, things turned into a big political mess and I eventually left that site. I do miss it in a way knowing how nostalgic it is looking back, but at the same time, it really was a giant mess. 

I actually went to SonicAnime.net religiously from 2005 till about 2008, but I really do miss the Sonic community. Hopefully I can be active regularly on here now ;)

Since I've been mentioned so many times in this thread I thought I'd make an account and join in too. SZF was my first forum I joined. Was online every day until Sonikku and his "staff" begain ruining the experience. That was the whole reason myself and Valtiel spammed the shit out of it for the hell of it and eventually gained access to the ACP and really screwed things up. After that and after soniky or whoever the hell he was left too I shut it down and made a short living Zetaboards incarnation that's still online today but closed. Good times. Can remember a lot of usernames here. Sorry for kissing anyone off for being a cunt ah well!

Pissing* ... Damn predictive text.

There's really only a few names that I can remember off the top of my head when it comes to that site:

Minty

Xnic

Miles54321 (who I talk to every day now lol)

Shade Spawn of Shadow

Chris Thorndyke Fan

sexysharky

Shadikku (long time no see if you're reading this :P)

Sonikku

I know other names will come to me later :P

SjXBfSI.png

There's more but they're not as good.

I can remember this. Funny shit. If any ex-members would like to get some sort of a reunion forum together we should (None of the assholes. Although I'm sure I would be considered one on many people's lists, but hey, it's my idea so suck it :) )

SjXBfSI.png

Oh memories. This was actually prior to Xash's hacking of the forums, when I managed to stumble upon a hacking resource community with someone willing to grant me admin powers after I think I was perma'd for some reason, either way it was stupidity in my youth. I still find this hilarious though, since Day went through the effort of either making a new account or changing his accounts username to "I was playing DefJam you twat."

Let's see here, I think my most used username on SZF was Shadow the Fox, and then I think I changed to some variations of that (Shadikku the Fox being one, pretty sure,) then Blinding Tears. I was pretty close with Infinity/Finu (still keep in touch with her on Facebook, same but less frequently with Day and Stormy, at least before she deleted her Facebook,) and my best friend is dating "La Bandita" (can't for the life of me remember what her actual username was,) in the quoted screenshot. I pretty much remember all of you, albeit some much more vaguely then others, but yeah, OH, and Jaicei, I kept in touch with her a lot until 2009ish when we just dropped off each others radars.

Ironically I'm working towards getting my graphics design degree with a sub-specialty in web design, which involves learning all about password hashes and salting and all that good ol script security stuff.

I actually used to be a member of the Sonic Zone, can't remember when exactly but probably around 2003-05.

I either went by the name Sonic the Hedgehog or "Sonic the Hedgehog"(very original I know), can't remember. I even ran one of those "Ask Sonic the Hedgehog" threads. A lot of times the admin himself Sonikku and another member named Sonic would hijack my thread as they were the "true" Sonic's. Looking back on it the whole idea of posing as a character in a thread sounds so stupid, but it was a pretty big deal back then and it was fun.

At some point I even became a Moderator for the Sonic section of the forum, but some reason Sonikku stripped them away from me. Sonikku always found a reason to but heads with me. I think I only became a mod because of a friendship with ShadeSpawnofShadow. Never did understand the deal between those two, other than Sonikku was an ass.

I met a lot of cool people on there whom I haven't spoken too in forever. I often wonder how and what there doing now. The two people I wish I could talk to again are Shadou the Hedgehog, and a flash animator named Knuckles.The.Echidna. who later went by the name Anders. I was suppose to be the voice of Sonic in Anders' Shadow movie, by other than casting, scripting, and brief animation preview it never got of the ground. I think he even made a site for the movie too.

Aside from that I rember a few other names, some I still see around the web.

- Sonikku

- ShadeSpawnofShadow

- Anders (Knuckles.The.Echidna)

- Shadou the Hedgehog

- Xnic

- Minty

- Sanik

- Amy the Hedgehog

- liNt

- Yuffie the Fox

- Sonic

Anybody know what some of these people are up to these days?

We're still around, if you look for us.

Minty reporting in again, just for the giggles.

Hey Minty, remember me? We were like best friends on the SZF, and I think we also used to talk about Poetry on there a lot too. Man oh man, I miss 2004. =P

• 1 year later...

Probably not going to make a great impression by bumping a thread that's been decomposing for over a year, but I was being nostalgic and stumbled across this place.

I was on SZF between 2004-2007, in which I went by the names Tete the Hedgehog and Destructo Disk. (I think I spilled over here in that time as well and made an ass of myself at some point, so if anyone remembers that I humbly apologize :wacko:.)

For those who mentioned the attempts at making a new forum Sonikku first made one called Sonic Earth(I was Black Knight there for anyone who might of been there), then one which I believe also was called Sonic Zone, and finally Sonic HD.

Recognizing several of the names here. I was one of them RPers that barely ever came out of that section of the forum, though I would from time to time. I was never too involved in the drama that went on on SZF, but I was well aware of it. I mostly tried to ignore most of the time though and focus on the friends that I came there for. So I have many fond memories of SZF, but I'm also well aware that it was a cesspool of bussery. ;)

• 2 months later...

Lol wow. I made this thread almost 3 years ago and hadn't checked back after a few days later. So cool to see how many people found it by curiously searching the net for a site that occupied a significant portion of their mid 2000's lives. I loved seeing those screenshots and that blue background.

Might as well dump some members from my memory contents:

Sonic/Sonikku

Coal, Xnic - The "Supreme" Mods when I joined in May 2004. Their names were in neon green.

Cake - a supreme mod at a point I think?

ChimpoMcCrazyPants - regular mod (orange color)

Spirit - mod

GreatFox/Flint - mod.. upgraded to supreme mod at a point? I'm not sure. Very nice though

Pinkyfreak

Temper Fang

Violet the Echidna - great artist

ShadeSpawnofShadow - still remember her calling Sonic "Addy" XD

"Sonic the Hedgehog" - @Spider-Man I remember your ask Sonic topic! Lol. Good job

Knuckles.The.Echidna 

Roarey Raccoon - provided the passageway to SSMB. I remember calling it SSBM and someone laughed at me and said, um unless you meant Super Smash Bros Melee it's SSMB. 

Minty

CoolForever - @wolf4537 hi!

FusionHype

TehIcey - we were good PM buddies

sonow

Chris

Arrow_Porcupine 

Mr. M__e - had russian letters that I'm not able to type

Legato Bluesummers - catchy name, just read it above and definitely remember it somehow. Our brains are amazing.

Ottomana The Fox

Brian The Goldfish

And definitely more that aren't coming to me now. Hopefully I'll come back ;) 

Hope everyone's doing well. Thanks for making my preteen life on the internet what it was ^_^

• 1 month later...

Oh man; I forgot my old account's details so I had to make this just to post here again. I've lurked this topic for a while but was never sure if it was locked. I guess not!

I was Moonlight the Echidna back in the day! I was eventually a mod for a brief while before the forums got shut down alltogether. Although I remember a lot of the drama, I can't deny that I had many good memories meeting people there and because I joined twelve years ago when I was nine or ten, I was still very new to forums and internet chat and it was a good start- after that, I don't think anything ever phased me like trolls or drama. I saw many things with my young reclused eyes after school every day; I was the youngest mod since Shade, I believe. (like...11 years old)

I definitely remember a lot of people- many who have posted! I still sometimes talk to Knuxie who has graduated as well as myself and Tailzy who is a mum now! I remember Forgal, Temperfang, Baltharos who we'd affectionately call this name beginning with J but it's not come back to me yet, Vio and many others too. I think quite a few names here have been mentioned already. My first ever friend there was someone called Chaoman.

Every now and then I bump into another, or get a deviantart message asking if I remember SZF. It's really nice to see everyone kicking about, even if we've changed usernames or handles and moved on. I barely even draw Sonic things anymore but I sometimes still scribble an old OC I'd use on the forums called Nova. 

Hello Day, Terracotta, Sipher and everyone else! it's been a while!

Edited by Moonie

• 1 month later...

Hey.

I was a member on SZF from 2006 until it's death. Went by the name of Princess Sachi. I have ALOT of fond memories of the place! I kept out of the way of the mods and admins after being told off by them a few times for spelling mistakes, haha! I was usually lurking in the depths of the role play section for years with two close friends, Hypes and Axel Wildfire; I still speak to these two. It was my first forum back in the day, it was also where I made some of my first online friends.  As previously mentioned I still speak to Hypes and Axel Wildfire but I also made friends with a Tails4ever, Queen Neehola, Shade the hedgehog, Jacko the hedgehog and Grinny1... all of which lived in the UK and I met up with the majority in my late teens at a convention by total accident!

I still think about the role plays I lost when the site died, it'd be fun to read back over them but that won't happen. It is so odd to read over all of the replies to this topic as it was so long ago. I joined SZF when I was 12 and I turn 24 at the end of this month.

I can remember alot of names:

Day - Found him on tumblr when I posted about SZF a year ago.

Sipher - same as above!

Pinkyfreak247 - I think she works for telltale games now as a designer? If her name is Jolie anyways.

Stormy.

Rusty.

Oogabooga?

Balthamos. - I follow her on twitter.

Knuxie.

On 10/14/2013 at 6:29 PM, Rusteh said:

SjXBfSI.png

TailzChao was in the online list. My sister. What a freaking nostalgia rush.

Hi, everyone...good to see people from the place that basically set my life on its current course. I joined SZF with TailzChao when I was 10, and never looked back as an artist and forum/Internet lover. I was too young to understand a lot of the crap that went on, so my time there was pretty much incredible bliss.

I began as Razorknuckles, then became Razor_Guardian. I can't remember if I had any other names.

Possibly my most fond memories come from the sprite comics I made. The most notable was a wondrous piece of crap entitled "The Misadventures of Sonic the Hedgehog". I was 11. I started a STUPID sprite comic. It caught absolute fire, gained tens of thousands of page views, and went on for almost 500 issues. That was one of the best times of my life. I was creating something that I loved, and other people did too. It was a truly beautiful experience, and after that, I never wanted to do anything else other than be an artist. Ever since, I've kinda been searching to relive that feeling. I think my manga can accomplish that. Also, I have dozens of discs with data from my ancient computer, and TMoStH MIGHT be all preserved. That would truly be something. I would probably have to share it, in that case.

Aside from the comics, I was quite active in the Sonic discussion sections, read fanfics and other comics, participated and created TONS of roleplays (GOD those were fun for me), kept up some sprite and animation commission shops, generally chatted around, and wrote my own fanfictions. By 2007, I thought I was pretty hot stuff. I had accomplished a fair amount as a member, and SZF was the only site I really cared about.

And yet, when Sonikku gave it up, I wasn't horribly crushed. Perhaps it was the depressing gradual decline the forum had been undergoing from all the hacks. I was very sad, of course, but I moved on very quickly. I had several other forums I frequented by that point, and a steadily rising Youtube account that now occupied the void SZF left. None of the forums came close to the grandeur of SZF, though. None...until Sonic Stadium, eight years later.

People I remember....this might be rough. I was so damn young. I apologize to all those who remember me that I don't shout out.

-

Yeah, turns out this list is mostly names that others have mentioned that rung a bell...

Minty (you should report in again for fun, Day Bae.)

Shaddiku (Hi, Shadikku :D)

TailzChao (My sister hasn't joined this forum...SHE'D LIKE IT...)

Blitz (Hi, HotFudge!!!)

Axel Fire (good friend to all. Very good friend.)

Soniroth

Tael

Solaria the Chao

Larry the Porcupine

The Doctor (!!!)

Cake

Silverwolf

Arbiter

Lord Chaotix

Archer

Sonikku

John Gillis

Shade

Yoshi-chan (Hi, Terry Alpha!)

The Angel of Death (cool to see that single, impassioned post from you.)

Legato Bluesummers (great roleplayer...thanks for the memory jog, Angel of Death)

Rusteh (hi, Rusteh)

PinkyGirl

Stormy

Cy-Fox

Spazz

Chris Thorndyke Fan

Xash (hi, you little shit XD)

Blinding Tears (Hi, Blinding!)

Destructo Disk (nintarie!!!!! Good times in the RP section!)

Moonlight the Echidna (MOONIE!!!)

Balthamos

Princess Sachi (HI!!!)

Tails4ever

An AMAZING artist who did commissions for people, at one point doing all their characters PERFECTLY in the Sonic Riders style...AAAGGH WHAT WAS YOUR NAME!? (It'd be super awkward if it was one of the above people)

-

Oh, no....no, no...I had so many close friends...how could I forget their names!? So MANY people who made my day-to-day not only bearable, but warm and happy. And I forgot them. This feels...evil. I kind of feel like I let them all down. 

I'm now 21, and a fourth-year music major. Funnily enough, music and composing were pretty much the only things I WASN'T involved in during my time there (aside from my beginnings with trombone). Now I have a position as game composer. Also a major life thing that SZF never saw was tricking. People probably would have flamed killing invisible ninjas anyway.

I love you all. Time to look through those old CDs.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 year later...

Wow, I just stumbled upon this thread. I’m glad you all had memories — good and bad — of my site! That was quite the time sucker back in the day! I used to spend hours upon hours chatting with various members, crafting different themes for the site, and generating plenty of drama. It honestly shaped much of my childhood. I was in high school back then and holy shit I’m 30 now! I learned so much from working on those sites that I’m now making a living as a mindless drone working in tech! :-P 

Part of me really regrets selling the site because I don’t even know where the money went (I was a stupid irresponsible high school kid back then) and the person I sold it to destroyed all the hard work I put into the site. Especially obvious since I tried — and failed — to revive the site many times! It was a huge hit of nostalgia to see all those usernames again! Thank you all so much for the memories!

• Nice Smile 2