Awoo.

Livestream with Sonic Team

Blue Wisp

Our own member Woun has found a news post that reveals a livestream show on the Japanese Puyo-Puyo online television show.

The livestream will consist in various members of the Sonic Team (including Takashi Iizuka!) discussing the past of Sonic's history. It's unknown what they will talk about specifically, but guess we'll have to wait and see.

200.png

Source: http://sonic-scene.ru/eng/?p=570

• Thumbs Up 8

By any chance could we be getting any info on the next Sonic title?

Though im not surprised if we won't be.

This might sound like a really really really stupid question... but who is Jun Segami?

Would this be in English?

Probably not.

No chance. Not even subs.

Damn.................is there any notable Japanese people that are members of the fanbase, or people who are fluent in the language and also English, to watch this and relay back any important points?

Edited by Chaos Warp

Guys is this name a mistake?

Jun Segami?

Only a google search brings up nothing. Yet whoever that person is has been listed as Sound Director... .. ... can anyone else see where I'm going with this? Some random new guy is listed as Sonic Teams sound director... who hasn't worked on a Sonic game before?

Or has Jun Senoue's name been mistranslated?

Nevermind. Found an article from 2011 on Jun's website that had the same name only Sonic Generations was listed beside it, was for that TGS 20th anniversary thing.

Ooh, hopefully we get some news on the upcoming Sonic games.

Maybe they'll have someone who is able to translate it. Takashi Iizuka seem to alway have somebody who will translate for him.

Edited by sonfan1984

I managed to get the same result as Hogfather, except I somehow went through Sega Rally to get there. Geebus, why can't I use the front door like everyone else?

"Segami" is the literal translation of the Kanji for Jun's family name. I don't know if that's a mistranslation through online software or weather Jun changed the romaji pronounciation (I've not seen any other Senoue's show up on google search).

T

• Thumbs Up 5

It makes sense that it's in Japanese (Everyone who works for Sonic Team is Japanese). I thought they'd do subtitles though, because most of their customers and fanbase is English-speaking and outside of Japan. Too bad...

If it includes anything to do with a Sonic announcement, I'd imagine they will do something on the SEGA Blog for the rest of the world at the same time. 5pm GMT is the usual time period they make Sonic announcements in the West, and as it falls on what SEGA calls Hedgehog Day in the West, I think it's very likely we'll see something Sonic related.

I wonder if it'll be something like the Pokemon Nintendo Direct we got a few weeks back, where Iwata started off with a nice summary of the past games and innovations introduced in each, and then brought up a nice little preview of Pokemon X & Y at the end

If it includes anything to do with a Sonic announcement, I'd imagine they will do something on the SEGA Blog for the rest of the world at the same time. 5pm GMT is the usual time period they make Sonic announcements in the West, and as it falls on what SEGA calls Hedgehog Day in the West, I think it's very likely we'll see something Sonic related.

Hopefully they will announce (or at least give hints) regarding a new 3d game. Would also be nice to hear hints regarding future digital Sonic releases/ports (although Balough normally announces the ports for the west).

The livestream certainly makes the rumour seem more likely to be accurate. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Nightwing

Our own member Woun has found a news post that reveals a livestream show on the Japanese Puyo-Puyo online television show.

Hold the phone. Puyo-Puyo had a TV show?

Damn. I'm more interested in Puyo-Puyo at this point.

Besides we all know Sonic's history way too much. We have too many topics. So just give us new Sonic and Puyo then. sad.png

I wonder if they'll tease us like they did with Sonic Generations...with a 30 second CGI trailer hinting about what the game is about, or something.

Edited by KrazyBean

Cool! :) 

since I don't speak a lick of Japanese, I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for any news. I' sure someone on the site will give us an update if anything notable happens

Cool! smile.png

since I don't speak a lick of Japanese, I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for any news. I' sure someone on the site will give us an update if anything notable happens

Sonic is a western-heavy franchise. If ANY news comes out of this, I'm sure that they wouldn't leave us hanging. They'll probably post it on the SEGA Blog.

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 1

The only problem with the Sega Blog announcement thing is that. If they were going to sync this, the announcement would be on a Saturday, and Sega almost never update the blog on a Saturday or a Sunday.

So if it is going to be the new game... Friday or Thursday...

Of course, that is if this is the new game... which I'm not sure it is.

TSSZ is actually making a good point on Twitter. This is being aired at the ridiculous time of 2 in the morning in Japan with key staff. To me, that strongly suggests that they're somewhat being forced to tie in with an embargo set at reasonable hours in the US and EU on Hedgehog Day. As I said, 5pm GMT is a time SEGA often makes Sonic announcements in the West. 

The only problem with the Sega Blog announcement thing is that. If they were going to sync this, the announcement would be on a Saturday, and Sega almost never update the blog on a Saturday or a Sunday.

So if it is going to be the new game... Friday or Thursday...

Of course, that is if this is the new game... which I'm not sure it is.

Hedgehog Day is on Saturday, so I think SEGA would go out of their way for this or pre-set an update to go live on the blog on Saturday.
  • Thumbs Up 2

So did shit just get real?

You have to actually see shit before it gets real.... but I think were all getting that all to familiar tingling sensation.

So did shit just get real?

It's a strong possibility... a strong possiblility indeed....

So let's just be clear here, this is on Thursday night at what times GMT?

It's on Saturday/Sunday 2nd/3rd February depending where you live.

To find out your time use this http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

Put in Japan/Tokyo and set it to 2AM. Then add your home city/country. And thats what time it's on.