Awoo.

Livestream with Sonic Team

Blue Wisp

SONIC THUNDERSTORM RIGHT GUYS

No, seriously, I suspect something is up for them to be pulling this livestream that late at night. 

I want/expect another boost game with a few tweaks, but who knows?

• Thumbs Up 1

How can they outdo Generations?

This is a dangerous question to ask here.

So it's on the weekend? Lame, I was hoping it was tonight.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh sweet this goes down at 9am where I live, new sonic game, new sonic game, NEW SONIC GAME, please!!!!!

Be Sonic Adventure 3. Just so I can see the shitstorm of the century >: D

Lol yes. Jokes aside though, I'm expecting it sooner or later. I mean, the stage is pretty much set, what with people wanting other characters and Chao gardens, and it would be an easy cash-pull as well. After all this time there's STILL massive fan outcry, and heck, nobody expected to ever see Classic Sonic or Sonic 4 again. Anything's possible. (inb4 obligatory 06 is SA3)

Lol yes. Jokes aside though, I'm expecting it sooner or later. I mean, the stage is pretty much set, what with people wanting other characters and Chao gardens, and it would be an easy cash-pull as well. After all this time there's STILL massive fan outcry, and heck, nobody expected to ever see Classic Sonic or Sonic 4 again. Anything's possible. (inb4 obligatory 06 is SA3)

I don't remember what commentater said this, I think it was Johnny, but he said if SEGA would just make mobile Chao Garden games or even 3/DS games they'd be sitting on a goldmine! Frankly I think he's right.

Also yeah, we'll have to get Sonic Adventure 3 sooner or later. And to those who say "Oh but Sonic 06 was Sonic Adventure 3!" Doesn't matter. Point is SEGA didn't call the game "Sonic Adventure 3" so people are going to keep bitching until we get a Sonic game with that title.

• Thumbs Up 1

TSSZ have updated their article about the Livestream:

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/01/29/weekend-sonic-team-livestream-will-relive-sonic-history/

"A lot has been made of the report that indicated key members of Sonic Team would sit in on a special 24 hour long Internet livestream Sega was producing for this weekend. TSSZ has now translated the exact contents of that stream as Sega has promoted it, and it may be much ado about nothing.

We asked our Japan correspondent Danny Russell to afford a proper translation of the Sonic Team session listing. The translation indicates the time will most likely be spent as a retrospective than anything else:

90 minutes devoted to indulging in Sonic. Relive Sonic history and classic SEGA hardware

That doesn’t necessarily mean something major won’t be announced at the session–or that something major won’t be announced over the course of the weekend, with Saturday known to many fans as Hedgehog Day–but this may be nothing more than a playthrough of classic Sonic fare by the main team themselves, and we now have far less confidence today this will be the announcement fans have been waiting for."

Relive Sonic history and classic SEGA hardware. Sounds interesting. Perhaps they will play a 32x....

Edited by Nightwing

90 minutes devoted to indulging in Sonic. Relive Sonic history and classic SEGA hardware

That could mean it's something like the "Pokemon Direct", but longer.

So the Sonic Team staff are:

Tadashi Takezaki/SEGA

Sonic Adventure (1998) — Public Relation

No further Sonic credits

Takashi Iizuka/Producer

Sonic Adventure (1998) — Director, Character game designer, Field designer, "Chaos" game designer

Sonic Adventure 2 (2001) — Director, Field Designer (Level Designer), Enemy Game Designer

Sonic Heroes (2004) — Director, Level Designer, CG Movie Director

Shadow the Hedgehog (2005) — Director, Lead Game Designer, Level Designer, Scenario Writer, CG Movie Supervisor

Various other Sonic credits, including Colours producer and Generations producer

Jun Senoue/Sound Director

Sonic Adventure (1998) — Lead music composer, Sound director, Music produced by, Guitars, Keyboards

Sonic Adventure 2 (2001) — Music Composer & Lyrics, Sound Director, Music Producer

Sonic Heroes (2003) — Sound Director, Lead Music Composer, Sound Effects, Recording Coordinator

Shadow the Hedgehog (2005) — Sound Director, Lead Music Composer, Sound Effects, Recording Coordinator

Sonic Generations (2011) — Sound Director

Lots, lots more Sonic credits, mostly when working under Iizuka's leadership

Kazuyuki Hoshino/Art Director

Sonic Adventure (1998) — Art director, Lead field artist, Enemy character designer
Sonic Adventure 2 (2001) — Art Director, Player Character Designer, Enemy Character Designer, CG Movie Director

Sonic Heroes (2003) — Art Director, Enemy Designer, Story Board Designer

Shadow the Hedgehog (2005) — Art Director, Character Designer, Enemy Artist, Weapon Artist, CG Movie Supervisor

In recent games like S4, Generations and Unleashed, he's merely been credited under "special thanks". He's not very involved with Sonic games these days

Quite notably, these guys banded together a lot during the era spanning SA1 and ShTH, and more recently those roles have been handed over to other staff like Tomoya Ohtani and Sachiko Kawamura. From the sounds of it, this is going to be a Sonic retrospective with former key members of Sonic Team in that era. There's plenty for them to talk about then. Or you can read more into it and set yourself up for Sonic Adventure 3 disappointment.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 8

So the Sonic Team staff are:

Tadashi Takezaki/SEGA

Sonic Adventure (1998) — Public Relation

No further Sonic credits

Takashi Iizuka/Producer

Sonic Adventure (1998) — Director, Character game designer, Field designer, "Chaos" game designer

Sonic Adventure 2 (2001) — Director, Field Designer (Level Designer), Enemy Game Designer

Sonic Heroes (2004) — Director, Level Designer, CG Movie Director

Shadow the Hedgehog (2005) — Director, Lead Game Designer, Level Designer, Scenario Writer, CG Movie Supervisor

Various other Sonic credits, including Colours producer and Generations producer

Jun Senoue/Sound Director

Sonic Adventure (1998) — Lead music composer, Sound director, Music produced by, Guitars, Keyboards

Sonic Adventure 2 (2001) — Music Composer & Lyrics, Sound Director, Music Producer

Sonic Heroes (2003) — Sound Director, Lead Music Composer, Sound Effects, Recording Coordinator

Shadow the Hedgehog (2005) — Sound Director, Lead Music Composer, Sound Effects, Recording Coordinator

Sonic Generations (2011) — Sound Director

Lots, lots more Sonic credits, mostly when working under Iizuka's leadership

Kazuyuki Hoshino/Art Director

Sonic Adventure (1998) — Art director, Lead field artist, Enemy character designer

Sonic Adventure 2 (2001) — Art Director, Player Character Designer, Enemy Character Designer, CG Movie Director

Sonic Heroes (2003) — Art Director, Enemy Designer, Story Board Designer

Shadow the Hedgehog (2005) — Art Director, Character Designer, Enemy Artist, Weapon Artist, CG Movie Supervisor

In recent games like S4, Generations and Unleashed, he's merely been credited under "special thanks". He's not very involved with Sonic games these days

Quite notably, these guys banded together a lot during the era spanning SA1 and ShTH, and more recently those roles have been handed over to other staff like Tomoya Ohtani and Sachiko Kawamura. From the sounds of it, this is going to be a Sonic retrospective with former key members of Sonic Team in that era. There's plenty for them to talk about then. Or you can read more into it and set yourself up for Sonic Adventure 3 disappointment.

Regardless of whether or not they reveal the new game, this stream should be interesting.

I would like to remind people of something.

Remember when Sonic was one of the inaugural inductees to the Walk of Game? How did they announce Shadows game? They first showed and discussed the entire Sonic range building upto Heroes and then they announced Shadows game.

That was the original trailer for one thing.

And It still makes me laugh... "heres over a min of footage showing Sonic and why he's great... which is why we're making a game on Shadow! And he has a gun!"

And that car crash sound effect at the end of the trailer could not be more appropriate.

So it's possible that they may announce something. But I'm not sure it's likely.

• Thumbs Up 4

It's possible and I wouldn't be surprised if they did. So I'm looking forward to this Stream as a possibility of getting something new announced. But I'm not expecting anything, and the stream should be interesting regardless.