Awoo.

Livestream with Sonic Team

Blue Wisp

Celebrating Sonic's history by destroying it?  That's our Sonic Team.

Well, if they were to reboot, hypothetically, this would be a good time because Generations was a tribute to the last 20 years of Sonic, and could end up being a final tribute to the old canon.............................

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd rather they not start over, not with their current lack of writing of which there's no proof that it'll increase, not with their terrible record on elaboration and back story which'll be necessary to differentiate the canons, and not with a current cast and universe that's always been good enough for storytelling and is flexible enough to ignore any unsavory aspects without inhibiting narrative. It's about on par with rebooting Mario.

• Thumbs Up 4

That car crush sound in that Shth trailer really made me laugh xD!

I hope it's not a reboot. Even if 06 and Unleashed kind of were the ones to some extent. I don't even see the point of rebooting the franchise. Don't do it like Crapcom, SEGA. That's the wrong example of how to expand on the series.

Edited by ArtFenix

Well, unless SEGA of America/Europe announce/tease anything on the SEGA Blog on Hedgehog Day, then our sources may well be right after all. They said February, with the majority of them saying mid-February.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, that's what they want you to believe. They probably want to lower our hopes so we'll be super surprised when they announce whatever Sonic thing they're gonna release.

I wouldn't bank on a double bluff. It likely is just a retrospective. Even then, the best we can hope for is a teaser that won't reveal jack shit about anything anyway.

Yeah, that's what they want you to believe. They probably want to lower our hopes so we'll be super surprised when they announce whatever Sonic thing they're gonna release.

Sonic Team have been pretty good when it comes to trolling recently....

I wouldn't bank on a double bluff. It likely is just a retrospective. Even then, the best we can hope for is a teaser that won't reveal jack shit about anything anyway.

Well, if there were to be one, atleast we'd know what the name of the game is. We pretty much know like 60% of everything else.

Well the Sonic 4 Episode 2 teaser revealed the whole team system via two glowing balls mildly resembling Sonic and Tails, which ended up being a major part of the game.

I wonder if they'll tease us like they did with Sonic Generations...with a 30 second CGI trailer hinting about what the game is about, or something.

Fingers crossed. I'm really feeling a drought. I need a Sonic game that isn't a spinoff...!

It's on Saturday/Sunday 2nd/3rd February depending where you live.

To find out your time use this http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

Put in Japan/Tokyo and set it to 2AM. Then add your home city/country. And thats what time it's on.

Thank you very much Hogfather.

Since it's at 9AM on February 2nd here, I now have incentive to stay up late as heck.

I assume it will be translated rather quickly; there's no shortage of diehards in the Sonic fandom, and I'm sure several fans have learned Japanese due to the usual tendency to learn it if one is big on manga and gaming. Assuming they wtach it and take notes, I'd expect a translation, if rough, within an hour of the interview being over.

Alternatively I could always recruit my ex-boyfriend to translate for me but I think he'd get bored.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

We are currently experiencing heavy traffic and are giving priority to premium members.

Unless you pay for a premium account, you have a very slim chance of being able to view the stream right now.

We all should lower our expectations and stop the hype train for now. They wrote in the blog post that they are not ready to talk about new things just yet. I don't expect anything from this stream

Unless you pay for a premium account, you have a very slim chance of being able to view the stream right now.

I reloaded the page and I've been viewing the stream fine for ages now.

You can type live comments:

H3hv8Rj.png

I'm really getting sick of that joke. (I'm getting sick of a lot of Sonic-related jokes actually)

What are they doing atm?

Edited by Underaged Hot Anime Girl

The blog confirms they're not going to talk any new Sonic projects yet, so there's very little point in watching the stream unless you understand Japanese. Especially since they're calling Hedgehog Day a red herring. There won't be any news on there.

We’ve got some great stuff coming up this year, but we’re not ready to talk about it just yet.

Nothing to see here, move along...

Edited by Blue Blood