Awoo.

Uncharted 4? Charlies Twitter Teaser Conundrum

Badnik Mechanic

12341.png

So Graham McTavish posted those things to twitter. The bottom one about Uncharted was on January 23rd, the above was posted today..

Who is Graham McTavish? He happens to be the motion capture actor for Uncharted 3's Charlie Cutter, who was a major character in Uncharted 3, who also survives the game... which nobody quite expected. 

They might not be related, but there has been a few rumors that Naughty Dog are working on a next gen title at the moment thats not been announced. And now we have a motion capture guy dropping new Uncharted hints on twitter as well as being involved with a secret project. Hmmmm..

No. Please. No more Uncharted. Uncharted 3, while it was a great game it was nothing special. Uncharted 3 didn't top Uncharted 2, and I don't think any future Uncharted game will top it.

Besides, I'm not a fan of the series. Time for a change, Naughty Dog.

• Thumbs Up 6

Yeah, but Unch4rted would make a great take off for the PS4. Yes, Uncharted 2 is the best of the series in my opinion too, but all of them are really fun and really well-made, it's hard to deny it. The only thing I rather have over another Uncharted game now, is a new ND Crash game. Besides, we're still waiting for The Last of Us.

Edited by Jango

No. Please. No more Uncharted. Uncharted 3, while it was a great game it was nothing special. Uncharted 3 didn't top Uncharted 2, and I don't think any future Uncharted game will top it.

Havn't we also said this about Final Fantasy 13-2 and Lightning Returns? Yet they're still coming?

But on the subject of Uncharted 3, I didn't like it as much as Uncharted 2... but thats like saying I didn't enjoy going to Disney World as much as I enjoyed having free reign in a chocolate factory.

If Naughty Dog can make games as good as Uncharted 3, I really don't care what number follows Uncharted so long as the quality is the same as what they've given us this generation.

Also give us something new? Urm... The Last of Us?

If it doesn't turn out to be a racing game, given Naughty Dog's track record (no pun intended), I will shit my pants.

UnKarted. It's gonna be big.

Havn't we also said this about Final Fantasy 13-2 and Lightning Returns? Yet they're still coming?

But that's different. Because I have a feeling Lightning Returns will top XIII and XIII-2.

Also give us something new? Urm... The Last of Us?

A most likely one-off game.

I just want my old Naughty Dog back. The Naughty Dog that gave us fun platforming games like Crash and Jak & Daxter. Enough of the TPS.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just want my old Naughty Dog back. The Naughty Dog that gave us fun platforming games like Crash and Jak & Daxter. Enough of the TPS.

They'll make the games they want to make. If what they want to make is TPS's then so be it, they're under no obligation to make platformers because fans of Crash and J&D want them to.

Also, I have a feeling this could be related to the PSVita.

• Thumbs Up 3

Aren't Naughty Dog the types who leave IPs for new ones when the next console comes around? We'd likley be getting Uncharted racing game, or a similar "farewell spinoff" in the vein of CTR and Jak X.

I highly doubt they'll leave the Uncharted series or the tps genre to go back and do a cartoony platformer again. In fact didn't the Uncharted series do much better than any of their previous series did both critically and commercially? If I were ND another Uncharted would make the most sense and it would be the safest decision.

I doubt we would see an Uncharted racing game for many reasons, mostly because an Unchrted racing game doesn't even make sense. The locations and characters would be completely out of place.

Edited by sjmaster92

nom nom uncharted 4 4 ps4

or a new game for vita, I'm all over either.

Hell, if we're going prequel I demand Sully's Bizarre Adventures. Could recycle the resource management inventory thingy in Last of Us to fight off STDs as he travels from brothel to brothel and -maybe- even finds some treasure.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd rather they not, they've made 3 Uncharted games in one game generation. That's freakin' absurd. I'd much prefer they try something new. At least there's The Last of Us, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one happy about this news? I love Uncharted, and I hope Naughty Dog sticks with Uncharted instead of leaving it behind like everything else. I don't want them to focus primarily on Uncharted, but another game isn't going to hurt at all in my opinion. 

• Thumbs Up 5

It's a shame, if this comes true. I thought Naughty Dog are better than this. They are beginning to milk the Uncharted franchise, and as I said before Uncharted has lost its magic.

However if it's Unkarted, then I wouldn't mind. At least that's different compared to other Uncharted games.

Edited by Merry Ming Shana
  • Thumbs Up 1

Uncharted has lost its magic.

Oh yeah totally.

Pretty much universally praised by both critics and gamers

3.8 Million sold on it's first day.

5.6 million copies sold to date.

But now theres a chance it might have the number 4 in the title. Completely lost it.

If we're now seriously saying that Uncharted has lost it or somehow isn't good anymore because it wasn't as good as Uncharted 2? Because I can't begin to point out everything thats wrong with that line of thought.

• Thumbs Up 7

Am I the only one happy about this news? I love Uncharted, and I hope Naughty Dog sticks with Uncharted instead of leaving it behind like everything else. I don't want them to focus primarily on Uncharted, but another game isn't going to hurt at all in my opinion. 

No, there's just a vocal minority with regards to franchise exhaustion and/or output variety.

The first concern is very subjective and they can keep pumping these out for as long as the quality is there. It's ND's most successful series both critically and commercially, they're almost untouchable in the tech department and the theme and characters still allow for a lot of diversity.

The second concern is silly as fuck considering ND has specifically enlarged their studio to work on new concepts and is releasing Last of Us in a couple months. Fuck, this is the first time they do NOT stick to a single IP per gen.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh yeah totally.

But now theres a chance it might have the number 4 in the title. Completely lost it.

If we're now seriously saying that Uncharted has lost it or somehow isn't good anymore because it wasn't as good as Uncharted 2? Because I can't begin to point out everything thats wrong with that line of thought.

You know what the same all of this can be applied to? Call of Duty. A game series I believe quite a lot of us, and a good part of the gaming community, are openly critical against for the very same reasons one would be of Uncharted.

The Uncharted games are well made games but is it arguable that it's "lost it's magic"? Yes. The same can be said for all major game series that inhabits this particular kind of clique. Modern Warfare, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Halo, etc. All of them which set the world on fire with "incredibly innovative mechanics" that would be improved upon with their sequels, and then the third ones which improved only marginally or even changed things that didn't need changing to the point that the scores and numbers are really the telltale signs of "feed us more" and "can't shake the feeling that we've done all this before".

Uncharted is in that similar rut. The game is a set piece exposition with cover-based shooting thrown into it, and while it may be executed well it's all very boilerplate by this point with little to nothing new in it apart from more set pieces. When you get over the shock that it's all insane amount of budget being thrown in on a game that is only substantially more refined than it's peers, it's not very much different from all the games it influences at it's core, apart from having an incredibly unlikable wisecracking protagonist. Might be good for you if you're into that stuff, but I wouldn't pretend that it is also that way for others and that anyone who claims differently is wrong.

• Thumbs Up 8

Oh yeah totally.

I was one of the people who bought it first day. And after my playthrough, I stand corrected. The "wow" factor that Uncharted 2 had wasn't present in Uncharted 3. That's what I mean by "magic". It's still a good game though.

The Uncharted games are well made games but is it arguable that it's "lost it's magic"? Yes. The same can be said for all major game series that inhabits this particular kind of clique. Modern Warfare, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Halo, etc. All of them which set the world on fire with "incredibly innovative mechanics" that would be improved upon with their sequels, and then the third ones which improved only marginally or even changed things that didn't need changing to the point that the scores and numbers are really the telltale signs of "feed us more" and "can't shake the feeling that we've done all this before".

Perhaps. 3 main games and a prequel thingy is still far from other series that have done exactly that for ages, like Zelda, Pokemon, Ass Creed (this one has had like, 2 full trilogies in a single generation? lol) and others.

I think ND can still get a couple more games freely before calling stagnation. Besides, you don't really know if their hypothetical next game won't take the concept further or apply a twist to the genre.

It would come out 4-5 years apart from Uncharted 3 anyways. That's a reasonable "break".

apart from having an incredibly unlikable wisecracking protagonist.

jWmd1VY.gif

based nolan :bow:

• Thumbs Up 7

The 5th Uncharted game already? Geez!

Did they make an Uncharted collection yet? May pick up if they do.