Awoo.

Uncharted 4? Charlies Twitter Teaser Conundrum

Badnik Mechanic

The 5th Uncharted game already? Geez!

Did they make an Uncharted collection yet? May pick up if they do.

Yes, I have this one.

qKh0EYm.jpg

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 1

Perhaps. 3 main games and a prequel thingy is still far from other series that have done exactly that for ages, like Zelda, Pokemon, Ass Creed (this one has had like, 2 full trilogies in a single generation? lol) and others.

I think ND can still get a couple more games freely before calling stagnation. Besides, you don't really know if their hypothetical next game won't take the concept further or apply a twist to the genre.

It would come out 4-5 years apart from Uncharted 3 anyways. That's a reasonable "break".

jWmd1VY.gif

based nolan :bow:

I agree with this completely. Nintendo and ubisoft are much more guilty of milking their franchises compared to Sony.

Also Carbo what to you dislike about Drake? He seems to be written a lot better as a character with more charm than most characters this generation.

I still think this has something to do with the Vita. The thing needs impotus and maybe an Uncharted game would be the thing that could provide some.

You know what the same all of this can be applied to? Call of Duty. 

Don't forget EA's Madden and FIFA series. I honestly think Uncharted is becoming one of them if 4 is announced. Because what's stopping them from announcing 5? And 6? And 7? If they stick with the same stuff/formula, it's always going to sell. But we must ask ourselves. Does Uncharted really need a 4th sequel? As much as I love LittleBigPlanet as well, if LittleBigPlanet 3 gets announced, I'll ask the same question (unless it's for PS4). 

Oh and have you guys heard of Uncharted: Fight for Fortune? The Vita card game? That's why I'm beginning to think the franchise is getting milked,

I was excited when Uncharted 3 was announced, but for 4? Can't say the same thing. They have to give the franchise a rest. A long rest.

Edited by Merry Ming Shana
  • Thumbs Up 1

Don't forget EA's Madden and FIFA series. I honestly think Uncharted is becoming one of them if 4 is announced. Because what's stopping them from announcing 5? And 6? And 7? If they stick with the same stuff/formula, it's always going to sale. But we must ask ourselves. Does Uncharted really need a 4th sequel? As much as I love LittleBigPlanet as well, if LittleBigPlanet 3 gets announced, I'll ask the same question. 

By that logic every game series should die after the 3rd game.

• Thumbs Up 3

I still think this has something to do with the Vita. The thing needs impotus and maybe an Uncharted game would be the thing that could provide some.

But.....

Uncharted_Golden_Abyss.png

@ Ming ming So by your reasoning does this apply to Sonic, Mario and Pokemon also?

Edited by sjmaster92

By that logic every game series should die after the 3rd game.

Or give it a rest. Or you are going to seriously improve the game/franchise with a new engine/gameplay. You can't call Sonic Adventure and Sonic Generations the same game can you?

Edited by Merry Ming Shana

Or give it a rest. Or you are going to seriously improve the game/franchise with a new engine/gameplay. You can't call Sonic Adventure and Sonic Generations the same game can you?

Well Sonic is on the other end of the spectrum where his games aren't consistent enough (and at the same time they're criticsized for being to samey with the Modern games, only Sonic games can critisced for two opposite faults when it comes to consistency).

• Thumbs Up 2

I've not long finished the first Uncharted game and really enjoyed it. I'm moving on to the next 2 games when I have some spare time and fans and reviewers say they're pretty good, too, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised that a 4th game would be on the way. Hope it's being developed for Sony's next console. 

12341.png

So Graham McTavish posted those things to twitter. The bottom one about Uncharted was on January 23rd, the above was posted today..

Who is Graham McTavish? He happens to be the motion capture actor for Uncharted 3's Charlie Cutter, who was a major character in Uncharted 3, who also survives the game... which nobody quite expected.

They might not be related, but there has been a few rumors that Naughty Dog are working on a next gen title at the moment thats not been announced. And now we have a motion capture guy dropping new Uncharted hints on twitter as well as being involved with a secret project. Hmmmm..

DAMN YOU, HOGFATHER! :(

DAMN YOU, HOGFATHER! sad.png

It's not a spoiler in the way you think.

In Uncharted Drakes Fortune, the game you've beaten. You're introduced early on to that guy, not sure what his name was, Benny? The bloke with the golden guns who has the odd accent.

And he gets killed, only it's a bit, 'huh, wasn't expecting him to go like that'

Well in Uncharted 2, theres deaths too.

So when Uncharted 3 starts, you're introduced to a lot of characters quickly, and you can't help but play 'who is gonna survive.' Because of how the guy acts, you can't help but think back to Benny.

They are beginning to milk the Uncharted franchise, and as I said before Uncharted has lost its magic.

You know... I wasn't originally going to quote this... because I thought, nah it's too obvious....

And then I saw this...

Oh and have you guys heard of Uncharted: Fight for Fortune? The Vita card game? That's why I'm beginning to think the franchise is getting milked,

And this...

And now, I've just got to say it if only to point out the hypocrisy of it all. How can you say all of that, based off two tweets which don't even give any hints as to what the game is like or even what console it's on, or even if it's Uncharted 4. Yet you won't even move an inch on the same criticism raised on 

The only difference. Is 4.

• Thumbs Up 2

I do have to point out Zelda probably isn't the best one to use when complaining about milking. Zelda had 2 major releases over multiple platforms (Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword. 3 if you count the OoT ultra port) since Uncharted's release, while Uncharted had 3 on PS3 alone. Over the span of 5 years. Fact of the matter is, when you release sequels so close to one another things are going to get stale. At least Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were 5 years apart. Now, you could make that argument using New Super Mario Brothers, since they farted 2 of them out in 1 year (though they weren't developed by the same R&D team).

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

It's not a spoiler in the way you think.

In Uncharted Drakes Fortune, the game you've beaten. You're introduced early on to that guy, not sure what his name was, Benny? The bloke with the golden guns who has the odd accent.

And he gets killed, only it's a bit, 'huh, wasn't expecting him to go like that'

Well in Uncharted 2, theres deaths too.

So when Uncharted 3 starts, you're introduced to a lot of characters quickly, and you can't help but play 'who is gonna survive.' Because of how the guy acts, you can't help but think back to Benny.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up :)

And now, I've just got to say it if only to point out the hypocrisy of it all. How can you say all of that, based off two tweets which don't even give any hints as to what the game is like or even what console it's on, or even if it's Uncharted 4. Yet you won't even move an inch on the same criticism raised on 

The only difference. Is 4.

So why did you put Uncharted 4 on the thread title then. It brings the idea of Uncharted 4 maybe in the works. And unless it brings something fresh and exciting, I'm personally against this. Uncharted 3 did nothing new, and that's why it didn't win or come close to winning GOTY that year despite getting 10/10's.

Also you are bringing up XIII again. You can't even compare that to this. Because 1 - XIII to fans like you, think it never "had" magic, 2 - Lightning Returns is going to be different and most likely improved than XIII and XIII-2 in terms of gameplay AND 3, Lightning Returns has been confirmed the last game of the XIII trilogy. There isn't going to be a 4th one.

Jump from PS3 to 4 could be what the series needs to bring back that "wow" factor from 2... Course I too would rather see ND go for another new IP, but a new Uncharted might make for a hell of a system opener.

So why did you put Uncharted 4 on the thread title then.

Well you see, theres this rather marvelous invention that we have called a 'Question Mark.' The question mark allows us to make statements which we are unsure of. Typically we can present the evidence, make a conclusion and to let others know of that conclusion we use the question mark.

In this case. The motion capture actor teases his character might be coming back and that he'll have news soon... then he tweets a secret project. Are they related. Or are they not... I don't know, why is why I've presented it all here... and in my opening post I do believe I did say that they may or may not be related.

It brings the idea of Uncharted 4 maybe in the works. And unless it brings something fresh and exciting, I'm personally against this. Uncharted 3 did nothing new, and that's why it didn't win or come close to winning GOTY that year despite getting 10/10's.

So.. the game gets 10/10's all over the place... but doesn't win GOTY, so it shouldn't get a sequel.

Oh and... it did win a GOTY award, it won several in fact from different outlets that give GOTY awards. So which award doesn't count then to make the statement 'It didn't come close to winning GOTY' actually have merit? If indeed the first part of that has merit what with the idea that because it scores 10/10's all over the place means it shouldn't get any sequels or further development?

Also you are bringing up XIII again. You can't even compare that to this. Because 1 - XIII to fans like you, think it never "had" magic, 2 - Lightning Returns is going to be different and most likely improved than XIII and XIII-2 in terms of gameplay AND 3, Lightning Returns has been confirmed the last game of the XIII trilogy. There isn't going to be a 4th one.

So I was right then. It is the number 4.

If it's for the Orbis, I wouldn't particularly mind considering it's something people would be expecting to start the system with a bang. I believe the series has run its course on PS3, though.

As much as I like to have a new major 'Uncharted' game for the "PS4", I think this franchise needs a break and I am hoping for Naughty Dog to return back to their good old tricks and make something new and more fun like Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter.

However I am looking forward to get my hands on The Last of Us. Looks anticipating enough already.

Naughty Dog can't do anything with Crash Bandicoot. They don't own the character anymore. They may be able to do something with Jak and Daxter eventually but they seem to not want to, hahaha.

I can't say I'd particularly care for a new Jak game tho'. I've always found the series lacking in comparison to Ratchet and Clank or Sly Cooper.

bring it on, I really love this series, and a next-gen Uncharted would be a great way to show off the Orbis's tech, doesn't mean ND can't bring on a new IP for PS4 either, like they're doing for Last Of Us.

Besides the thought that this thread seems kind of pointless (it was a single tweet), another Uncharted doesn't really sit well with me. I would have preferred them to end the series instead of going through endless sequels. Heck, what if this turns out like Indiana Jones?

*information that slipped under the radar to me*

Still, I don't really see the issue of a new Uncharted game. Uncharted 3 improved heavily on the fighting system making the game seem much more fluid than 2 (not to mention all the other improvements made in other categories). The only thing I really faulted 3 for was the story which is actually starting to grow on me a bit. I'm not saying that I want this to become a franchise like cod (a 3 year break in between is always welcomed) but I'm actually looking forward to this. It's always nice to have a familiar franchise come with the launch of new hardware.

I also don't believe the argument "3 wasn't better than 2 so therefore the franchise is getting bad" to be justifiable. Uncharted 2 is often considered to be one of the best games this generation so even if 3 was a bit off the mark from surpassing it, it was still a great game. Again, a break after this would be nice; but I believe the uncharted franchise is far from becoming stale (and even further from cod).

Edited by Strickerx5
  • Thumbs Up 1

You know, I thought Uncharted 4 wasn't really news anymore. Wasn't it leaked on a development list back in November... and on that same development list it said that it wasn't even being developed by Naughty Dog? I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but here. Though this could be another game entirely like Golden Abyss, it still does fit the description.

Ummmm...Uncharted: Fight for Fortune is a Vita card game that was released sometime ago. Edited by Merry Ming Shana

lol Some of you can't be serious, because I see what would happen.

*people ask for something different in U4*

*ND delivers a new gameplay style and some other changes*

*people claim it lost its "magic"*.

When you guys say the game had lost its magic by the third game, what exactly do you mean? The game is not fun anymore? The gameplay changed to worse? The VA, music, graphics are worse? The story become boring? I can't understand, really.

lol Some of you can't be serious, because I see what would happen.

*people ask for something different in U4*

*ND delivers a new gameplay style and some other changes*

*people claim it lost its "magic"*.

When you guys say the game had lost its magic by the third game, what exactly do you mean? The game is not fun anymore? The gameplay changed to worse? The VA, music, graphics are worse? The story become boring? I can't understand, really.

Someone already posted something related to that on the 1st page of the thread, by losing its "magic" they mean it's lost its "wow" factor because you've been accustomed to it for so long, kind of silly really, but I suppose they do have a point, it's subjective, but still.

I'm all in for a 4th installment of the series, the trilogy was amazing and one of the best things I played this generation, I really can't wait for "The Last of Us" either.