Awoo.

Normand Corbeil has passed away.

Badnik Mechanic

This music seems appropriate. But not for a good reason.

Odds are you have an opinion of this game. I for one think it's one of the best games made in this generation. But thats just me, and I know many people disagree with that.

However, one thing the vast majority of people agree on. It's soundtrack was something very special indeed. Regardless as to if you agree with me and think it's a brilliant game, or totally hate it. The Soundtrack is a masterpiece.

normand-corbeilpiano.jpg

Normand Corbeil, he was the man behind the master piece that was Heavy Rains OST. And sadly, he passed away the other day. He was 56 years old and had been battling cancer for almost a year when his son posted the news online the other day.

It's understood that Normand was working on Quantic Dream's highly anticipated title Beyond: Two Souls, it's unknown if he completed the score.

Rest in peace Mr Corbeil, and thank you.

I think one of my favourite tracks from Heavy Rain other than Painful Memories is Ethan's theme. It just seems to capture what Ethan is going through in that game. From his start as a broken father desperately trying to re-connect with his surviving son, to the struggles he has to go through in order to save him,.

• Thumbs Up 9

Rest in peace. This man made Heavy Rain something much more beautiful and artistic than just a game and it takes a pretty amazing composer to do that. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Excellent music, I always admire music composers because I love lyricless music and tunes and could never come up with anything as imaginitive and emotional myself, R.I.P.

His music will live on. the one you embedded should be played at his funeral its fitting and beautiful.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know his music, but I do know it was beloved across the gaming world. I would be gutted if any of my favorite game music composers died, so I can only offer my sincere condolences to everybody who with mourn the man's passing, and of course his family and friends.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ditto with Patticus. I'll be torn once my favourite game composers will pass...

I've listened to a few of his tunes, and... well, wow. They're something else entirely...!

That being said, I found Heavy Rain's OST on iTunes and I'm loving what I'm hearing. I'll give it a purchase after I receive my paycheque.

EDIT: Holy crap, he scored Babine!?*

*French-Canadian movie