Awoo.

Randomly being re-directed to facebook? "SSMB eats the book... MySpace inherits the forum..."

Badnik Mechanic

Edit: It's happening to anything that has facebook intergration.

Possible fixes:

Obvious Fix: Log out of facebook.

Alternaitive fixes.

1: Click the Stop loading button when you enter a new topic before the full page loads.

or....

2: Turn on InPrivate/incognito mode.

or

3: Become a Time Lord, and whizz away to the past and warn the forum of this impending threat to SSMB.

Ok a lot of people in the status updates have been saying that they keep getting randomly sent to facebook when trying to view a topic on SSMB.

It's not affecting me but according to several people in the staus updates this seems to be a bit of a widespread problem, anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

Original complaint: http://board.sonicstadium.org/statuses/user/319-ming-ming-shana/?status_id=273526

• Thumbs Up 1

Happening on any site with Facebook integration. It's out of our hands guys, so you'll just have to press stop on your browser before the page finishes its loading cycle.

buW35Z8.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

Okay so I wasn't initially having issues, but after visiting this topic, I started having issues. However, I normally use Chrome and switching to Mozilla fixed the problem (at least for now,) so it could be a browser issue like Taz said.

I'm having a different problem that might be related.

I'm on my phone, and every time I try to scroll down, it jumps me back to the top of the page. It only started happening just now, and only on SSMB. Could this be a side-effect of this Facebook problem?

Well, someone on the skype chat told us that incognito mode on Chrome solves the problem.

I'm having a different problem that might be related.

I'm on my phone, and every time I try to scroll down, it jumps me back to the top of the page. It only started happening just now, and only on SSMB. Could this be a side-effect of this Facebook problem?

This has happened to me randomly in the past, so I'm not too sure it's related.

It's happening to me, too!

Which means...

nwja76.jpg

I KNEW IT!

EDIT: It seems to have stopped. Hooray!

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 7

I can post normally now, without using all those methods. It's like, it just fixed itself.

I fixed it by simply logging out of Facebook. No more redirects. Try that and if it works, maybe Hogfather can add it to the list of solutions :)

• Thumbs Up 2

Install scriptsafe guys, it'll block it.

something about connect.facebook.com is popping up on it, is that it?

Edited by Dan Forden