Awoo.

The Last Guardian

Patticus

The Last Guardian

wqdjyalcf8o7k4hehragrif.jpg

Players take control of the little boy from the trailer. The basic game design has the boy being young and thus weak and lacking abilities. The giant eagle makes up for these areas. As a young boy, the main character cannot rely on his strength to get past obstacles. However, perhaps he can overcome some trials by bringing the eagle with him.

There's a care aspect for the eagle as well. You can feed the eagle and remove spears and arrows that have pierced it. Ueda feels that the development staff will have to take care to strike a balance and make sure the care aspects do not becoming a chore.

Growth and stage puzzles are major elements to the game. There are platforming aspects as well -- you can climb, grab things and crawl.

The flow of the game is a bit of a mystery right now. Asked if your movement through the stages will be seamless, Ueda said that it's seamless as far as there being no load times as you move about. However, there is an order to the locations that you visit.

Also something to keep in mind as you work through the levels is that eagle's level of intellect isn't all that high. It may not move according to your expectations. As an example, you may be able to clear an area if the eagle would just sit still. However, the eagle ends up moving.

zoj2mf.jpg

ngr6mx.jpg2cz7blc.jpg

4zx7k2.jpg

2vvrmt4.jpg107qp05.jpg

Trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-the-last/50352?r=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkzxvSw9N1g

e17xwy.gif

What an utterly gorgeous game! Team ICO has truly worked wonders on it since the old build of the video that was leaked last month. You can already tell that there won't be a dry eye in the house if the Griffin puppy thing dies.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looked more like a Disney movie to me, sorry.

Ill wait until i see some actual game play for a full judgment.

@above: you GTFO of here with your backwards ass logic. The game looks great, the design sounds intriguing and I can't wait to play it.

So beautiful. Team ICO :bow:

Game is amazing, this is another game I will buy even if I don't own a PS3 by the time it comes out, good games deserve to be bought.

It looks amazing! Im still not buying a PS3(Overpriced & am already happy with the other consoles*Not just this gen*) But i'll be a supporter. Now if only we can get SOTC2.

It looks amazing! Im still not buying a PS3(Overpriced & am already happy with the other consoles*Not just this gen*) But i'll be a supporter. Now if only we can get SOTC2.

You only have a Wii, talk about buying a over priced console! :lol:

^ And a Gamecube, GBA, GBASP, DS Phat, and DS Lite.

But, this isn't the place to talk about this.

Anways, will there be any BIG monsters(evil monsters)?

I'll be honest, this game really does look incredible. The graphics, the art style- everything.

I'd like to see a SOTC sequel though, mainly because it could be even better on PS3 and I was dissatisfied with the original's unfulfilling ending.

• 2 years later...

MAJOR BUMPAGE!

[Rumor] Last Guardian creator Fumito Ueda leaves Sony

11/30/11 7:40pm

Somebody apparently set the rumor mill to overdrive today. The next piece of alleged information it has churned out concerns the long-awaited The Last Guardian, which has been in development for a good 4 years now. According to Eurogamer, the designer and director of the game (as well as the quasi-prequels Ico and Shadow of the Colossus) Fumito Ueda has left Team Ico for hitherto undisclosed reasons.

If the rumor is to be believed however, we don't have to worry about The Last Guardian as he will go on to finish the game in a freelance capacity before embarking on personal projects. Ueda's departure is also cited as the reason for the game's prolonged development cycle. Sony however denied to comment.

I really hope this rumor doesn't turn out to be true, as Team Ico would lose a lot with Ueda's departure. On the other hand, I am pretty curious to see what those "personal projects" of him will look like...although I wonder if he couldn't just have realized them with Team Ico. Oh well, we'll have to wait and see.

» Posted By: Andrej Preradovic

» Source: http://www.eurogamer...ves-sony-rumour

http://www.screwatta...eda-leaves-sony

Should that rumor end up true, I can't imagine any possible outcome that didn't result on a massive loss for the industry.

• 9 months later...

Isn't it weird how every game that basically made Sony "win" the E3 conference of 2009 hasn't been seen of in like... eons?

I've honestly stopped caring about this game. Sorry Sony, but Team Ico's had over seven years of "doing shit" that I've just given up on this, and I doubt the payoff will even be worth it at this point for what is probably going to be a dazzling six hour experience with nothing more to return to.

I loved Ico, I loved Shadow of the Colossus. But seven years with nothing to show isn't the sign of a magnum opus in the works, it's the sign of a team that has no fucking idea what they're doing.

• 1 month later...

I've all but given up hope on this game, it's looking worryingly like the ps4 will be in stores before this game is.

Yet....I just can't give up? why? Why? WHY!?

Last Guardian.....why can't I quit you?

I've been playing through Ico and Shadow of the Colossus for the first time recently.

they are AWESOME. This game BETTER come the fuck out.

• 3 months later...

tumblr_lezmlixhz71qc9i3d.png

Where you expecting it to be released now? The PS4 will be out in no time and this will be one of those games you buy a console for.

Edited by Tmsp

No way is this a game I'd buy a console for.

I already bought a PS3 partially for this game. Not going to buy another one for the promise of a game that should have been done years ago. It's probably not going to be any longer than four hours and yield little to no replay value. My anticipation for this game has already long worn out.

I already bought a PS3 partially for this game. Not going to buy another one for the promise of a game that should have been done years ago. It's probably not going to be any longer than four hours and yield little to no replay value. My anticipation for this game has already long worn out.

Yep...pretty much this, I still really want to play this game so badly, but honestly, I'm just feelin kindasick of the whole thing

Edited by Jake Bird

Didn't buy a PS3 for it, since I didn't hear about it until after I had the PS3.  But it definitely went on the wanted list once I learned about it.  Especially after the Ico/Shadows combo.  Sigh.  I'm not really planning to buy a PS4, however.  The main reason I got the PS3 was for the Bluray player, which at the time was the cheapest way to get one. (This did not, of course, prevent me from gradually collecting games for and on it.)