Awoo.

Would anyone want another Sonic Fighting game?

Dejablue

(Taken from my topic on the Mobius/South Island Forum) I sampled a bit of Street Fighter 4. Oh boy. I'm not even a fan of that franchise. I just...saw one of the movies. And I played one of the older games when I was a wee one at my cousin's house one day. But I was thinking. "Hey I like Sonic. I like fighting games...um....another Sonic Battle?"

Nnyyaaaa I didn't really like Sonic Battle that much. I'd like for it to be in Street Fighter style. Some impressive 3D graphics on a 2D plane. Then you could section off parts of old levels as battle arenas. I guess it could also be 2.5D

I'd definitely prefer a sequel to Sonic the Fighters over Sonic Battle.

Yeah, I feel pretty much the same way here.

Hmm... Barriers were annoying to put up with...

Why not a combination of the two? Although 2D fighters seem to be more popular among gamers... the customization of Sonic Battle and the 3D environments and catchy music of Sonic the Fighters, rolled into a tight little CD-shaped package.

I've never been much of a fan of traditional fighters (specifically the ridiculous inputs for special moves), so I'd prefer a Battle 2 over a Fighters 2, though I certainly wouldn't argue against changing some of the structure of Battle towards something more traditional (or making the controls for Fighters 2 something more like that of Battle, either way).

Also no matter what they call it, they are required to bring back Fang, Bean, and Bark for it.

I'd like some beautifully rendered models and backgrounds based off the old Sonic games. That way if you go the traditional route the levels could just be sectioned off areas of like. emerald hill or spring yard, aquatic run, hidden palace, so on and so forth. I want eye candy!

Edited by Dejablue

Put Eggman in as a default-selectable (Or at least legitimately unlockable) character who doesn't have to be hacked in this time, is all I'm saying.

Give him lots of wacky science moves, and I'm good.

I would not like any of them...

I would love a Sonic fighting game with a Power Stone-gameplay mechanic

Power Stone? That could be fun. But meh. I'm all for a more traditional fighter.

I wooonder what would replace the Power Stones.......

The Precious Stones from Sonic Shuffle! *shot*

Sonic Fighters - for the pure fact that they would have to bring back Nack, Bean and Bark...and if they didn't they'd get hate mail...the explody kind..express delivered from Bean himself!

Maybe the next Sonic fighting game could be like Guilty Gear, or more relative to me (for I have not played guilty gear) Marvel vs capcom sort of style. That whole 2D super fast, super combo, button mashing kind of games are really fun, and I can see a Sonic version being ultimate win - guaranteed they add lots of relevant special moves, a decent not lame storyline, and a buttload of characters, and not neglect old characters like Nack......then this would be so incredibly awesome......though I don't see it happening, they'll probably favor another stupid "storybook" game of Sonic and the seven dwarves before anything good.

Both franchises were a big win for me.

I think Sonic Battle laid out a great foundation to utilizing each characters overall athleticism (something most of the console games lack). The “Chase” combo system is a perfect fit and any Sonic fighter in the future must feature it. Complete customization over Emerl really allowed you to play the game your way and the storyline was actually really good.

Fighters offered up a fun experience full of great multiplayer experiences. The shield system was a bit annoying but worked well to balance out some of the characters (and keep Fang from camping w/ that popgun). It also served to show that Metal Sonic was practically invincible.

In the end, I recommend a fusion. A console Sonic Battle with a bit more emphasis on toe to toe fighting (but not too much).

Also no matter what they call it, they are required to bring back Fang, Bean, and Bark for it.

That too. Bark the Polar Bear FTW!

Oooh yeah Mighty. Cant forget him.

I'd love to see what some of the powerful "finality" "super happy fun" "combo" moves would look like for each character. Like. Would they be mini FMV's or something the player has to actually do?

You mean like a in game cut scene? (sorry I'v only played five fighting games) if they do have something like that they should have cool partner moves if you play 2 player thats something I would like to see.

Maybe the next Sonic fighting game could be like Guilty Gear, or more relative to me (for I have not played guilty gear) Marvel vs capcom sort of style.

Yosh! Two strong for Guilty Gear style!

For those of you uninitiated with Guilty Gear,

Guilty Gear gets. Imagine doing what they're doing with spin dashes, axe kicks, and chaos spears.

I don't know if anyone has played these... but...

I would like to see a Sonic Fighting game done in the exact same style as "One Piece Grand Battle"

I don't know if anyone has played these... but...

I would like to see a Sonic Fighting game done in the exact same style as "One Piece Grand Battle"

With moves to summon an assist character for each playable one? I like that idea.

Eggman could summon his trusty SA-55 for example, who might throw some manner of bomb into the fray, along with snarking commentary.

Oooh yeah Mighty. Cant forget him.

I'd love to see what some of the powerful "finality" "super happy fun" "combo" moves would look like for each character. Like. Would they be mini FMV's or something the player has to actually do?

In that respect, something akin to the Dragon Ball or Naruto: Ultimate Ninja series would suffice.

Otherwise, something like Guilty Gear, or even a traditional fighter like Street Fighter would be great.

I reckon either of them could work, as I really enjoyed both. But Sonic the Fighters was a lot more difficult than Sonic Battle.

Either would be fine with me.

Another Sonic fighting game would be lame.

A better idea would be to make some sort of Sega Superstars fighting game.

Characters like Astal, Vectorman, the Hornet car, throw in a few Virtuaroids, those kind of characters.