Awoo.

Would anyone want another Sonic Fighting game?

Dejablue

Another Sonic fighting game would be lame.

A better idea would be to make some sort of Sega Superstars fighting game.

Characters like Astal, Vectorman, the Hornet car, throw in a few Virtuaroids, those kind of characters.

Yeah, that could work, too. Wouldn't surprise me if that's the genre Sega Superstars took next.

I'd love a sequel of Sonic the Fighters! It's such an underrated and rare game, but I really enjoyed it. It definitely deserves a sequel, preferably on a home console, it would get more attention then. As for Sonic Battle, I haven't even played the first one yet so I wouldn't know what to think of a sequel.

Fast paced fighter, inspired by colorful and intense fighters like Guilty Gear.

Totally agree. Gulty Gear series are the fastest fighting games by far, and that mixed with sonic, could give an awesome result

Sonic Battle 2 for me, though I wouldn't mind a 'Guilty Gear'-esque game. If I get a Jun Senoue, Daisuke Ishiwatari, Hideaki Kobayashi and Fumie Kumatani soundtrack, that is.

Sonic Battle 2 Please.

It'll never happen, so I guess SSK is our only beacon of hope.

Another fighting game ? Why not but please, not something very serious with a lot of new moves to prove that Shadow is THE ass kicker by example...

Non. Something in the same fun way as the Sonic the Fighter with Eggman in a hight-tech suit totally ridiculous, Cream charming us with is child face but then throwing Cheese in our faces and of course: Fang and his cork gun.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would love another Sonic the Fighters! It is an awesome game that is a gem. It would work really well on the wii with motion controls. But this is only hoping. But I really would like another one!

I don't think traditional fighting games (à la Street Fighter) fit well with Sonic at all, but something like Smash Bros. or Sonic Battle would be great.

I'd definitely prefer a sequel to Sonic the Fighters over Sonic Battle.

Same here. I enjoy Sonic the Fighters way more than Sonic Battle. I'd love to the a Sonic the Fighters 2, with the old characters like Fang or Bark.

Blahaah I don't think Brawl would work....Well yeah it could. But we already know what kind of reaction would spern from that.

Sonic Shuuuuffffllleeee

I've never played Sonic the Fighters, Battle was pretty fun, and I think Brawl isn't all it's hyped up to be (even though it's not exactly a "Sonic" fighting game).

I've never been good at fighting games, but it would be fun to add to the series. Just as with all the games, it'd need good graphics and sound effect/VAs, okay plotline, etc.

The whole thing with Emerl in Battle was annoying; we don't need to come up with some new character(s) to make the plot interesting. <_<

I don't think traditional fighting games (à la Street Fighter) fit well with Sonic at all, but something like Smash Bros. or Sonic Battle would be great.

This.

I don't see another Sonic fighter coming out for a while, if ever, but it's very possible for SEGA to make a Superstars fighting game with Sonic characters in it.

I'd absolutely love a sequel to Sonic the Fighters if it was done in the same style. (a lot of people say it's too cartooney but that's what I enjoyed about it) I really want to see a next-gen Fang too!

The Sega Superstars fighting game idea also sounds pretty good, that could definitely work. Although it's kinda been done already (Fighters Megamix), but that one didn't have Sonic in it, just Bean and Bark if I remember correctly.

Hell yeah! I really enjoyed Sonic Battle (Sonic the Fighters was...ok), and it would be great if they could release a sequel to Sonic Battle on either the DS or a next-gen console. Next-gen console would be really cool actually. =3

I would like to see a sequel to either Sonic fighting game. I did prefer Sonic the Fighters a little more than Sonic Battle

At the moment, I'd much prefer a mainstream game with some basic fighting mechanics all-round (I will personally stab anyone who mentions Unleashed). Preferably in a manner where we can control fighting and movement seperately so we can punch the shit out of things without stopping. You CAN'T deny that a 1-on-1 machspeed duel would be fucking awesome if we ever got the chance.

The way I see it, it just seems somewhat pointless and limiting to throw Sonic into a strictly fighter-only environment. I feel it work loads better if we were given something a little more versatile that could actually benefit the mainstream gameplay instead of spinning off to make a 1v1 (or 2v2 as the Sonic Battle case may be) again. But either way I can't stress enough that a consistent pace is necessary to make a faithful Sonic game of any sort, let alone a fighting one (not to say that makes a bad game - see Fighters) - Battle had the right idea, what with the chasing mechanics, but it just felt too simple and sometimes even repetitive in the long run. Or maybe that was because there were only two face buttons. Maybe a DS iteration can fix that.

Sega should make a 1v1 fighting game with all their non-Sonic characters. I can think of at least 5 whose names start with A.

I wouldn't mind a sequel to either one, but I'd much rather get a sequel to Battle. I loved the story and customization, plus I had a hell of a lot more fun with it than I did with Fighters (although I really enjoyed stomping people in the nuts, lol). If they could somehow add some of the best elements from Fighters to the Battle formula (and then tweak and refine it) then that would definately be a kickass game.

But then, would it continue from Chronicles (2)? How would that story play out?

i would love a Sonic Battle 2 for DS.

More characters with more things to customize would be good since that was what i liked about battle.

Wi-fi [battle, Trade, Mini Games]

I would also like it if there was a sonic fighters type game, detailed sprites like Guilty Gear, with the customization of Sonic battle

Hell yes to Wi-Fi on DS.

And maybe, instead of mixing both styles, have them both available (kind of like Street Fighter Alpha 3)? That'd be pretty sweet.

I loved Sonic Battle, but I've never enjoyed games with 2D characters on Mode 7 planes; the perspective (or lack thereof) can make things rather annoying. I'd like a Sonic Battle 2, but I'd prefer 3D models.

As for another Sonic the Fighters, I'll pass. Not that I didn't particularly dislike the originals, but I just don't like those sorts of direct fighting games; they feel too restrictive and the combination of buttons you need to press to execute a simple attack feels so annoying and pointless.

I'd like a Sonic the Figthers sequel more than a Sonic Battle one.

It would probably be for XBOX360/PS3/Wii.

I wouldn't mind another Sonic Battle-type game. Definitely not Sonic the Fighters-like, though. I hate that kind of game, and I hate that game period. Sonic Battle was a lot of fun, though. Perhaps a DS sequel could turn out quite well; add in some more characters and make new stages, then, obviously, get a new plot in there. Remake the battle system a little bit. Probably no reason for the Emerl leveling system this time, though, considering the fact that there's no Emerl.

I'd actually prefer another Sonic Battle-esque game but in full 3D with more attacks, items, powerups and interactive environments, something in the same vein as maybe Power Stone 2.