Awoo.

Would anyone want another Sonic Fighting game?

Dejablue

Knowing Sonic Team they'd just make another Battle to avoid acknowledging long forgotten characters.

I can't see how this would not be enjoyable to an extent. It's nice to get a fun Sonic related fighting game and play it with characters most people don't really remember and then beat lumps out of them for not remembering.

It would be quite a fun game on the XBox/PS3 as you could fight anyway on a larger scale which would be a awesome, but I think even on the DS or Wii it would be enjoyable too.

Didn't played Sonic Fighters, but I saw Screenshots and I would like that Sega makes sequel. It could be a combination of Battle and Fighters, like someone already mentioned.

Y'know, I would mind having a Sonic game that mixed Battle and Fighters- it would play kind of like the Tales games (Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Vesperia, Tales of Symphonia, etc.)... and I would like that. ^^

Ooooh Lukar that is a wonderful idea! A game that played like one of the Tales of series would be awesome! Especially if it was Sonic related!! Good call!

I'd like to see a fighting game called Sonic Vehemence with the tagline "Duke it out." where you play as different Sonic characters except the combat is more bloody and violent. That won't happen, but still...

I'd like to see a fighting game called Sonic Vehemence with the tagline "Duke it out." where you play as different Sonic characters except the combat is more bloody and violent. That won't happen, but still...

Hah. I've been wanting to do a sick fatality on Sonic for a long while now.

Maybe we could get away with it if the blood was greeeen >>

As others have said, I'd like to see something that was a mixture of the two. Battle had a pretty neat plot, and the RPG-ish overworld elements added to it a fair bit. Thy should just replace the battles with more traditional fighting. Obviously, that should only be for a story mode. There should still be the standard arcade/ score attack/ time attack/ survival modes and such.

I'd personally love to see a Sonic game made out of the Naruto: Gekitou NinjaTaisen (Clash of Ninja) game engine- in my opinion, the gameplay manages to be the perfect balance between casual button-mashing and hardcore fighting, in that there's still an incredibly diverse moveset, yet the controls are simple. Sonic the Fighters had too hardcore a control scheme to appeal to the mass casual market these days, whereas Battle didn't really play like a proper fighter.

Edited by Mahzes

Gah. I've totally forgotten about Clash of Ninja.

That would work well. The levels are usually large and have 2 to three levels on them, plenty of items and the special attacks are cool to do and look at. Sounds right up Sonic's alley.

I have the Sonic Gems Collection for the Gamecube so that's how I got to play Sonic Fighters, and it's a great game. And I freakin' love all the slapstick humor it has. Sonic Battle was good too, but my favorite part about it is the music. I prefer Sonic Fighters more, plus it doesn't have a boring-ass story mode. I'd kill to have a sequel to Sonic Fighters, or a remake on Xbox Live Arcade or PSN featuring an online mode.

Ooooh Lukar that is a wonderful idea! A game that played like one of the Tales of series would be awesome! Especially if it was Sonic related!! Good call!

2nd ‘ed

I would love to see a Sonic game along those lines, but that infringes on the boarder between Fighter and RPG.

Come to think of it, I always thought that the Monster Breeding System in the new one (Dawn of the New World) would be perfect for catching Chao.

I'd pull for a Sonic game done in Guilty Gear style. On the other hand, I could never figure out half of the features in Guilty Gear, so maybe something with the same speed, but less technical stuff would be appropriate.

One thing that I'd put in it (Aside from Bean, Bark, Fang and Mighty) would be a combo-countering system. If you counter an enemy in the middle of their combo, you start attacking at the number of the combo you interrupted. The one who finishes the combo gets some kind of bonus based on how high the combo was when he finished it. Manly, if you ask me.

I downloaded a arcade emulator so I could play this game. (cause it was like one of the only games I didn't play that sonic was in) Besides the emulator causing the game to glitch a bit I thought it was a pretty good game and I would like to see a second one. Make it more like teken or street fighter and add all the character from the sonic realm (like from the comic books too and show characters) Then add online play to it and I would better it would be extremly popular.

Good fighting for people that just like fighting and the character for sonic fans of all kinds.

*would like to see young Amy show down with her older form*

• 4 weeks later...

I just found these and they look fun. I wonder if I should play them myself.

I would highly reccomend it, I've played it and its good, the characters are a little slow paced, the AI blocks constantly and they all have abs for some reason but other than that its a good game. I'd be willing to supply a DL link for anyone who wants it.

Also the final boss is extremely hard on it.

Also I think another Sonic fighting game would be an excellent idea and like someone said earlier I'd say a fusion of Sonic Battle and Sonic the fighters would work...provided you made it so there were more than 10 playable characters.

Edited by Blaziken