Awoo.

The North Korea Thread: Threats, Propaganda and a brewing Holocaust

Autosaver

And more importantly, why would North Korea care about how bad their association makes China and/or Russia look?

And more importantly, why would North Korea care about how bad their association makes China and/or Russia look?

North Korea wouldn't. But the China and Russia would to them North Korea are like an annoying crazy old relative who still thinks its 1953.sleep.png

Also I don't think even Russia and China have a defence pact together. Come to think I don't think they would unless both parties really thought it would be beneficial even then Russia and China are hardly best buds the one of the main things they have common is that they really dislike the US monopoly on power (join the long queue).  

I don't think China and Russia really care what America thinks of them, and I reckon the general attitude of indifference is probably mutual. America will keep buying from China and largely ignoring the ongoing terrible human rights abuses its regime commits, and it will keep on watching Russia warily from afar (as is now customary), while continuing to not really give a rat's ass about the pseudo-democratic oligarchical mafia state.

Yeah, American paranoia is primarily focused on Iran and North Korea. I think we've all come to accept China as a necessary partner and really, who cares about Russia? Unless you're extremely far right and are convinced they're still at Soviet-levels of power and influence, you don't really care what they say; if anything it's amusing how they try to construe every single thing we do as some master plan to undermine Russia.

China/Russia and Iran have a fairly close bond, and while we were naturally wary of that, we nonetheless have accepted it. Logically the same could happen with North Korea. The idea I think is that we presume that if they forge a stronger alliance, they'll keep them on a leash. Unfortunately this approach is currently failing, and I'm really surprised China hasn't openly severed ties.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/north-korea-us-nuclear-state-warning-235639075.html

A few more pieces have been moved. sleep.png

The North has closed the Kaesong complex. The South is saying Military action is an "option" and the US has said it will not accept North Korea as a "Nuclear State".

China has sent their foreign ministry to meet with ambassadors from North Korea, South Korea and the US after Kaesong was closed off.

Russia is concerned about the situation especially with the North being so close to their boarders. 

EDIT: http://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/one-possible-reason-chinese-military-225754168.html

China is very nervous about situation and their very reports that it is massing its Military near the North Korean boarder.

Makes you wonder if China is willing step into North Korea itself for its own ends before the US and South Korean's do.

Edited by BW199148

China will only step in if the North is attacked first. I'm not holding my breath for them to come to their aid if North Korea fired the first shot.

Tho they have every right to be nervous considering how the North is acting right now and how the South and US are responding. They don't want this to get out of hand, and as much as I want to see the North actually make good on its responses I don't think the South and the US want it to get out of hand either.

Of course, if it does, then this'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

China will only step in if the North is attacked first. I'm not holding my breath for them to come to their aid if North Korea fired the first shot.

Tho they have every right to be nervous considering how the North is acting right now and how the South and US are responding. They don't want this to get out of hand, and as much as I want to see the North actually make good on its responses I don't think the South and the US want it to get out of hand either.

Of course, if it does, then this'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Who says China is going help the North? What if China invades North Korea in order to prevent the US and South Korea from taking action themselves? sleep.png

Who says China is going help the North? What if China invades North Korea in order to prevent the US and South Korea from taking action themselves? sleep.png

Wait, that's a bad thing? Wouldn't that prevent a bigger war or battle?

I don't think we are that lucky.

China invading NK would effectively destroy the long-held dream of Korean unification. There's not a chance in hell China will cede the territory if it takes control.

At this point, I think stabilization (in the "No crazy assholes threatening to shoot people" sense) is more important than the reunification South Korea may not be able to actually pull off. Especially when at least with China running things the people will be treated better as a matter of course.

Wait, that's a bad thing? Wouldn't that prevent a bigger war or battle?

Never said it was. Though it could complicate things and like what Patticus has said it might balls up any chance of a Unified Korea.

Its just a theory. I personally wouldn't put it past them though.

Hypothetically if China did side with North Korea if war broke out.... No I don't want really think about the outcome of that.... sleep.png

China invading NK would effectively destroy the long-held dream of Korean unification. There's not a chance in hell China will cede the territory if it takes control.

They might not cede the territory they might install a new puppet leader or keep Kim Jong-Un in power just liquidate all his Generals and replace them with Chinese ones instead.sleep.png

For all I know they might be massing their troops to discourage the South Koreans and the US from attacking the North in a effort to prevent war.

LkVJ2JH.jpg

He's quite the ladies' man, this Kim Jong-un fella! They probably just don't want to be executed for not wanting to jump his bones hard enough, but even so... I bet he'd nuke their Seouls!

• Thumbs Up 2

LkVJ2JH.jpg

He's quite the ladies' man, this Kim Jong-un fella! They probably just don't want to be executed for not wanting to jump his bones hard enough, but even so... I bet he'd nuke their Seouls!

Kim Jong-Un:

article-2247971-1681EBBF000005DC-79_640x

"So Obama did you see that photo with me and my hot female comrades I bet you can't grab pussy like that....".biggrin.png

Obama's Reaction:

obama+serious+pointing+aa.JPG

Obama: "Shut the fuck up I was taping asses before your daddy took off your dictator training wheels, bitch!".angry.png

Cameron's Reaction:

davidcameronsadface-1339597756.jpg

Cameron: "I can't get any crumpet!".sad.png

Kim Jong-Un's Reaction:

2012082001071_0.jpg

Kim Jong Un: "Did you hear that the British Prime Minister can't get some pussy, even Nick Clegg and Ed Milliband can tap some ass".tongue.png

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 4

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/north-korea-poses-real-clear-danger-us-184425168.html

The North Korean army says it has "ratified" a merciless attack against the United States, potentially involving a "cutting-edge" nuclear strike.

"The moment of explosion is approaching fast," the North Korean military said in a statement on state news agency KCNA.

War could break out "today or tomorrow", the statement said, quoting a spokesman for the General Staff of the Korean People's Army.

"The merciless operation of (our) revolutionary armed forces in this regard has been finally examined and ratified.

"The US had better ponder over the prevailing grave situation."

The tone of US has changed significantly coming from various reports not saying they weren't taking the North seriously they were and are. But now Chuck Hagal is saying that the North does have "Nuclear Capability" and that they have "missile capable delivery" and are sending missile defences to Guam.

Something makes me think that US intelligence has either uncovered something they wish they hadn't (nuclear missiles capable of hitting Guam, South Korea and Japan) or it is ruse to encourage the North into all-out war.sleep.png

I'm pretty sure the US is doing these things just to deter North Korea from pushing the boundary further. Most of the top brass in North Korea know they would be reduced to a parking lot if they really attacked the United States, so I really don't see them doing this as anything more than trying to bluff.

Cameron doesn't need to say a damn thing, because no European power has any say in the outcome of this festering conflict. He probably just feels really left out and is trying to ease his own sense of chronic inadequacy on the world stage by making a statement.

Anyhow, in regards to North Korea's nuclear strike ratification announcement: they're all bark and no bite.

Well the recent news certainly does suck. I don't wanna be blown up. x3

Don't even spend a second worrying about it. North Korea can't hit anything that belongs to America. There's a bit of iffiness on Guam, but certainly not Hawaii or the continental United States.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

what's the big deal, we're all gonna be fine in the long term anyways, plus an entire alien hivemind race will be decimated.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Anyhow, in regards to North Korea's nuclear strike ratification announcement: they're all bark and no bite.

What's funny is that the US media is all "Ohnoes! North Korea may attack at any moment!" and South Korea's media is all "lol it's just another day for us."

So is NK a valid threat on its own or not? Some say it isn't and other say it is (though that's fox news). I keep seeing this thread bumped and expecting some news about attacks but so far it's been all bark and no bite. I wonder if Kim Jong Un is just an obsessed internet troll that keeps pulling a do it faggot move lol.

Also, I found this rather humorous because it sound like something NK would do. I wonder if this video could be the next angry hitler meme.

Edited by Prince Solaris

If you've ever played a game of Civilization, you know attacking someone you have an agreement with makes other countries hesitant to sign that same agreement with you. Real life is no different; China would never attack North Korea because then nobody would count on them as an ally. It's the same reason NATO backed us up in Afghanistan, and why we continue to protect Taiwan even if it would be more lucrative to send them packing by cutting a deal with China. So China's just getting ready in case things get ugly, plain and simple.

Amazed the Kaesong complex was shut down. That was definitely one of the biggest examples of how the North's not serious. The question is, will we take them seriously after this or continue to call their bluff? They're running out of options short of initiating a skirmish.

Amazed the Kaesong complex was shut down. That was definitely one of the biggest examples of how the North's not serious. The question is, will we take them seriously after this or continue to call their bluff? They're running out of options short of initiating a skirmish.

Kaesong brings over $2bn into the NK economy annually. I mentioned it being open earlier, and also spoke of that being a good sign. Its closure honestly doesn't bode well.

If the wider world takes NK seriously and doesn't call its bluff, suddenly it has a new tool in its arsenal to get the west off its back. If the west calls their bluff and they're not bluffing, we suddenly have a much more serious situation brewing. If the west calls their bluff and they are bluffing, the regime may feel forced into a corner by circumstances and initiate hostilities just to retain credibility. Maybe.