Awoo.

The North Korea Thread: Threats, Propaganda and a brewing Holocaust

Autosaver

I'm wondering if the North's goal here is not to gain concessions or start war, but to just make this the status quo? As of now they are dependent on food aid, and the Kaesong factory complex was bringing them a lot of money, and that was just closed. It's more like they're severing their own limbs to prove a point. But North Korea's ideology pivots on being independent of Western powers. They are not taken seriously as long as they are starving, have a terrible economy, and they could never realistically pursue a nuclear program, they are a laughing stock. So I'm wondering - if the new dangerous climate becomes the regular, what does the North have to gain? They used to get bitchslapped by sanctions. Now they are refusing to be bitchslapped. I wonder if Jong-un wants to pursue a more independent, more serious, more dangerous North Korea by making tensions the normal thing. They threw all treaties and cooperation aside, but I don't think anyone really wants a war. You gotta know this is probably riling the regular people up to a fervor with how high patriotism is valued in their country. They are standing up to the West and he can use that. If they become truly independent of influence or threat, what are we dealing with then? lol this is all just what i was thinking bored at work

Edited by American Ristar

This is starting to worry me even more....It seems like mankind can't learn from past mistakes from using nukes..(aka Hiroshima and Nagasaki) I seriously, don't want another World War to begin. I wish Kim Jong Un can calm down...

This is starting to worry me even more....It seems like mankind can't learn from past mistakes from using nukes..(aka Hiroshima and Nagasaki) I seriously, don't want another World War to begin. I wish Kim Jong Un can calm down...

I can't see this getting anywhere near world war 3. Absolute worst case scenario is north Korea launces a missile, does some damage and gets wiped of the map by opposing forces. There's no way they could ever last a war.

I can't see this getting anywhere near world war 3. Absolute worst case scenario is north Korea launces a missile, does some damage and gets wiped of the map by opposing forces. There's no way they could ever last a war.

My friends say the same thing. They say the war will last for at least five minutes because of everyone else pointing missiles 

Also 

511bd4c670719.jpg

I found this cute

My friends say the same thing. They say the war will last for at least five minutes because of everyone else pointing missiles 

Also 

511bd4c670719.jpg

I found this cute

Granted, Kim Jong Un's bodyguards could at least stub that person's toe.

Edited by McGroose

Before Kim Jong finish pressing the launch button, the USA will have already dropped the atomic bombs. I'm sure the babies are already set to fly.

Yeah...even as a joke, no. We're not dropping A-Bombs unless the North hits us with one first, because otherwise we're gonna have to say hello to a possible WWIII.

Also 

511bd4c670719.jpg

I found this cute

Posted that on the bro. Step ur game up.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

Guys, it cant be WW3. For that North Korea would need allies. As it stands, no one agrees with them.

I don't think you guys realize the implications of a nuclear explosion. Fall out spreads, and even firing it at a rinky dink country would be catastrophic, it wouldn't be contained to NK. 

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph
  • Thumbs Up 5

Before Kim Jong finish pressing the launch button, the USA will have already dropped the atomic bombs. I'm sure the babies are already set to fly.

What? 

No. Even if Kim-Jong-Un launched a missile that was Nuclear at a target and hit as long as it wasn't US soil they wouldn't fire one in return. Even if it could hit US soil I doubt it would still fire one in response. It would just lead to WWIII hell even a conventional war has that possibility though not as likely as Nuclear attack would.

Then again they did announce that "counter-provocation" act but I think this was announced just to deter North Korea. If the US had a plan to use Nuclear weapons against Korea the public wouldn't be told about it.

Atomic bomb is such an old term by the way.wink.png

Guys, it cant be WW3. For that North Korea would need allies. As it stands, no one agrees with them.

A Nuclear strike would piss off China and Russia seeing as North Korea is right at their doorsteps and they might act in response.

• Thumbs Up 1

If our nuke (that we shouldn't launch), hits North Korea before their's (tries to) hits either us or our allies, it's a guaranteed WWIII. Because unless you weren't paying attention in this topic or even using Google to look it up, China is their ally, and a first strike would get them involved. And that is NOT something we want.

Nevermind the aftereffects of the nuclear fall out if not the power of the weapon itself bringing them in. I would love to see the North give us an excuse to go to war and shut them up, but I'd rather not be stupid about it and using a nuke to do so (even as a joke) is stupid. And to not expect a war from it is even more ridiculous.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted that on the bro. Step ur game up.

Dude, I didn't know you posted it on the second page. Calm your shit, no one is going to go back to the second page since this thread is already long.

Dude, I didn't know you posted it on the second page. Calm your shit, no one is going to go back to the second page since this thread is already long.

I don't think he's the one that needs to "calm his shit", he was only reminding you that he posted it earlier in the thread. Also just because the thread is long doesn't mean anything, people will still read through previous pages regardless.

Dude, I didn't know you posted it on the second page.

Kinda why I brought it to your attention...

Calm your shit, no one is going to go back to the second page since this thread is already long.

I did. I'm sure plenty of others here do as well to read into the topic.

Kinda why I brought it to your attention...

I did. I'm sure plenty of others here do as well to read into the topic.

.______.

Big deal if you posted it first. You really didn't have to say anything.

.______.

Likewise you didn't have to respond to his post.

It goes both ways.

• Thumbs Up 1

We will not launch a nuclear missile at North Korea, even if they could hit us. We don't want to earn the ire of Russia and China, so we will just suck up whatever nuclear damage they could do to us. However, we would put our full efforts behind curbstomping the North and capturing/executing its leaders. America's a country that loves rough justice, so if they ever mess with us on that scale, we will pursue them without mercy.

But a nuclear weapon? Nah, we'd never use that, at least the city-levelling kind. Stuff like depleted uranium's always on the table though.

Fortunately this is all posturing, so provided we keep a level head I doubt much will come of this barring North Korea growing more isolated and economically weak.

People seem to forget that the enemy here is only the government.  The people of North Korea need our help, not our bombs.

Edited by Metal Gear (sting)RAY
  • Thumbs Up 8

People seem to forget that the enemy here is only the government.  The people of North Korea need our help, not our bombs.

That'll be quite the challenge since the whole population has been brainwashed.

• Thumbs Up 1

This. This so much. I find it genuinely worrying when people in this thread were saying stuff like "I HOPE N.Korea attacks us. We'll obliterate them". 

You guys do understand that the majority of N.Korean soldiers (and citizens for that matter) don't have much of a say when it comes to the machinations of Kim Jong-Un (although it does seem that Jong-un is under some pressure from his own government). I mean obviously there's going to be some people there who want to see an end to America, hell there's been times that I've felt we'd be better off without the USA...then I remember there is three hundred and fourteen million of you and I quite like a bunch of those.

Look, what I am saying is most Korean people are like this:

psy-gangnam-style.jpg

Not like this:

SD184_20.jpeg

.______.

Really? Now you're just being silly here.

I just came to say that I posted that image on the second page and you should be quicker next time. If there's anything that didn't need to be done, it's you trying to save face here.

This. This so much. I find it genuinely worrying when people in this thread were saying stuff like "I HOPE N.Korea attacks us. We'll obliterate them". 

You guys do understand that the majority of N.Korean soldiers (and citizens for that matter) don't have much of a say when it comes to the machinations of Kim Jong-Un (although it does seem that Jong-un is under some pressure from his own government). I mean obviously there's going to be some people there who want to see an end to America, hell there's been times that I've felt we'd be better off without the USA...then I remember there is three hundred and fourteen million of you and I quite like a bunch of those.

Er...

We're not that ignorant of the population or the government. We know what we're talking about when refering to N.Korea, and not once will you hear us talking about demonizing the civilians and bombing them. So stop putting words in our mouths.

I think it was more of a response to the whole "LET'S NUKE 'EM" thing because, that's going to do way more harm than good. We'll be killing tons of civilians.

Sounded more like it was directed towards people like me who want the North to act on their word.