Awoo.

The North Korea Thread: Threats, Propaganda and a brewing Holocaust

Autosaver

Well if this is legit, this is gonna spiral out of control...

US intelligence believes that North Korea may be able to launch a warhead aboard a missile. There is no evidence that confirms this, but even if it is real, the delivery system has been described as unreliable at best. Don't shit yourselves yet, people.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not. I still doubt they could launch the thing given their test rockets in the past.

Also, doesn't an ICBM need some kind of GPS or something in case its firing angle is off?

I did say could not they have.

It didn't say anything about them having ICBMs. As ICBMs are capable of hitting the US Mainland and other long distances. North Korea supposedly only has short to medium ranged missiles but the possibility of them being able to arm them and hit targets in South Korea, Japan and possibly even the US military base in Guam. sleep.png  

Edited by BW199148

Sounds like the Pentagon's preparing for the worst and hoping for the best, which is usually good practice in war.

Let's re-evaluate things.

1. North Korea's full of hot air since they know for sure they'd lose a war. This is why they want a nuke in the first place; it's an equaliser.

2. North Korea's had nukes for only a few years. India and Pakistan have had them for DECADES and can still only hit most of Asia.

3. Even if they fire a missile, there's still a good chance it could be shot down.

4. Even if they fire a missile, there's still a good chance it will explode mid-air given how shoddy their construction is.

I'm going to keep calling North Korea's bluff right up until they actually occupy Seoul.

The Governor Of Guam posted this video the other day. It is a PSA for their Emergency Alert Siren System. Its a bit disturbing the timing of this video. Though I am sure Guam has had their own equivalent of the EAS for other emergencies for along time by now or it is new system to them?huh.png

North Korea will target Japan with a theoretically possible, highly unreliable nuclear missile, with half-to-three quarters of the power of two 68 year old atomic bombs (Little Boy & Fat Man). The Japanese might have deployed missile defenses as a precautionary measure, but even if they fail, what damage could the device possibly cause? It's said that if it struck the Empire State building in NYC, the blast wouldn't even reach Central Park.

They'd probably have better luck building gigantic hidden cannons and using their weapons-grade uranium in shells to be rained down upon South Korea. Or if they got hold of a Smallpox sample and shelled SK with infected ordnance. Or if they hired Al Qaeda to detonate a dirty bomb.

I don't know why, but I find Japan being the first target funny since it was right after Japan said they'd shoot down missiles in their territory.

If it hits, it'll be problematic tho. Japan aren't fond of nukes from what I can tell, so this'll be a kin of symbolic middle finger...if it hits.

Zapp+Brannigan.jpg

"The Japanese? A trifle! It was simply a matter of out-smarting them. You see, the Japanese have a pre-set number of anti-missile missiles.

Knowing this weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own missiles at them until they ran out.

Then, in a tactical coup de grâce, I fired another missile at them, one that they couldn't intercept. Kif, show them the medal I gave myself."

• Thumbs Up 8

Well being told that you're gonna be the first target of a possible nuclear strike is gonna put people on high alert.

This isn't exactly how I wanted it to play out (for one, I was hoping for an attack from artillery at South Korea or a strike at us), but at least Japan is more than prepared and this assault could be taken advantage of.

...too much war-hawking? I tried to tone it down a bit given that I wasn't expecting them to involve Japan in this matter.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

Well being told that you're gonna be the first target of a possible nuclear strike is gonna put people on high alert.

This isn't exactly how I wanted it to play out (for one, I was hoping for an attack from artillery at South Korea or a strike at us), but at least Japan is more than prepared and this assault could be taken advantage of.

...too much war-hawking? I tried to tone it down a bit given that I wasn't expecting them to involve Japan in this matter.

Not surprised North Korea views Japan as another US puppet state. Granted the US has had a huge amount influence on Japan since the end of the WWII but they are their own country now. It also doesn't help with the bitterness left over for when the Empire Of Japan annexed Korea. Something that still bothers both South and North Koreans. Though I would say the North is much more bitter.sleep.png  

Thankfully John Kerry is gonna talk with Chinese officials about calming down North Korea. Doubt it's gonna do much though.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/14/world/asia/kerry-in-china-seeking-help-on-north-korea.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

Looks like China is willing to cooperate.... for a price.

Even then there is no guarantee that China will come down on North Korea hard enough to make this deal worth it.sleep.png   

China is not stupid they know the US military build up in region is not just aimed at the North Koreans no matter how the US government tries to spin it.  

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/13/north-korea-threatens-colorado-city-inaccurately/

Ok so North Korea has just threatened to nuke Colorado City. The twist is, they don't know where it even is because in their latest propaganda video, the location of Colorado City..... Is in Louisinana. laugh.png

What, no you have got to be kidding, fml

also it's Louisiana. 

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2013/04/china_wants_us_to_talk_to_nort.html

To be fair I kind of agree with them though China should still at least try and put some pressure to try and clam the North.

Still if the US did open dialogue with the North would anything good come out of it? sleep.png

So far nothing is working out North Korea is unwilling to negotiate with the South.

Anyway tomorrow or today in North Korea right now is an important the day is the birth of Kim Il Sung the first leader of North Korea and Kim Jong-un's grandfather. 

We might see a test a show of force or probably more threats and rhetoric in the coming days. 

Also where the hell is Kim Jong-un he hasn't been out in public for nearly two weeks?

Edited by BW199148

Also where the hell is Kim Jong-un he hasn't been out in public for nearly two weeks?

He's probably busily inventing the North Korean iPad while enjoying Home Front and plotting to take over the moon, Iron Sky-style.

There's an episode of Panorama airing tomorrow about North Korea. The BBC snuck in to tell everyone what they already know, whilst endangering British people over there... but there you go.

If this works out, then bravo...

But I'm not holding my breath for this. I don't think Jong-un is willing to listen at all considering he flat out ignored China trying to talk to him, and if he'll go so far as to ignore his closest ally how are we to expect him to deal with a nation he considers an enemy?