Awoo.

The North Korea Thread: Threats, Propaganda and a brewing Holocaust

Autosaver

No idea if I'm just late to the joke or anything, but that's nothing more than a parody article. That site isn't serious in any capacity.

When I see an article like this: http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/01/21/karma-catches-up-on-karma-creating-dangerous-black-hole/

With quotes from a 'Professor Von-Scaremonger' and a related story claiming that 'the church has asked J.K Rowling to rewrite The Bible', I dunno... Kind of hurts the credibility a bit. :P

Looks like a joke site to me too. There has been a lot of bullshit about North Korea lately a lot of hoax news being post on legit news sites. North Korea does say some whoppers though.

kim-jong-un.jpg

"Why didn't I think of that?".

article-2079237-0F477E4200000578-453_470

"Also for the last time I look nothing like that kid from Up you racist fucks". 

Chuck-Norris-north-korea.jpg

"We are so screwed guys, bye-bye".

It's Poe's Law in effect. North Korea is just so batshit and outlandish with its actual propaganda that it can be hard to tell when satire is, well, satire. Well played to all involved.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love looking at any North Korean news so I can find more about the DEAR LEADER HIMSELF. ALL HAIL KIM JONG UN!!! 

Seriously though, I think hell will freeze over before we see North Korea get out of the state it's currently in. 

• 4 months later...

Mega-bump

So, apparently, North Korea are threatening to start a war over....a Seth Rogen movie....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-28014069

North Korea has promised "merciless" retaliation if a forthcoming Hollywood movie about killing Kim Jong-un is released, say agencies.

A North Korean foreign ministry spokesman said in state media that the movie's release would be an "act of war".

He did not mention the title, but a Hollywood movie called The Interview with a similar plot is due in October.

Hollywood actors James Franco and Seth Rogen star in the action-comedy film.

They play a talkshow host and his producer who are invited to interview Kim Jong-un, and are subsequently recruited by the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to assassinate the leader.

The film's teaser trailer, posted on Youtube, shows a lookalike actor playing Kim Jong-un, as well as fight scenes involving what appear to be North Korean tanks and helicopters, and a nuclear missile launch.

The North Korea spokesman was quoted by the state KCNA news agency as saying: "Making and releasing a movie on a plot to hurt our top-level leadership is the most blatant act of terrorism and war and will absolutely not be tolerated."

He added that the "reckless US provocative insanity" of mobilising a "gangster filmmaker" to challenge the North's leadership was triggering "a gust of hatred and rage" among North Korean people and soldiers.

"If the US administration allows and defends the showing of the film, a merciless counter-measure will be taken," the spokesman was quoted as saying.

Apparent evidence emerged last week supporting claims that North Korea is further developing its missile technology. Some experts said they had identified a new anti-ship cruise missile shown in a North Korean propaganda film. Other observers were more sceptical.

North Korea is holding three Americans in custody. The latest to be detained is said to be a tourist named Jeffrey Edward Fowle who reportedly left a Bible at a hotel.

Rogen, one of the directors of The Interview, recently said he was inspired by journalists' trips to North Korea.

He told Yahoo: "People have the hypothetical discussion about how journalists have access to the world's most dangerous people, and they hypothetically would be in a good situation to assassinate them."

He added that the film was originally about meeting Kim Jong-il, but they had to revise the script when he died in 2011 and his son Kim Jong-un took power.

...I take it they haven't seen Team America.

Pssh, do they honestly think they could last five minutes in a war with us? I swear if they weren't serious I would think that these guys were comedic geniuses.

Pssh, do they honestly think they could last five minutes in a war with us? I swear if they weren't serious I would think that these guys were comedic geniuses.

They already are comedic geniuses in my eyes, and nothing more. Doubt much will come of this apart from maybe the UN 'rewarding' North Korea with monetary aid for piping down after the incident, which has already been exploited many times before now by both Kim Jong-Il and Un.

If North Korea fire though, I'm pretty sure a fuck load of countries will fire on them. It's like bringing a knife to a gun fight. They might injur one country (that's if their missiles aren't intercepted though), but when the rest of the UN see, they are royally screwed.

Moral of the story here, Kimmy: Learn to keep your mouth shut, it can get you into trouble.

Now I'm imagining Kim as Dr. Robotnik.

"IF YOU DO NOT CEASE PRRRRODUCTION ON THIS FILM IMMEDIATELY, I, KIM JONG-UN, THE GLORIOUS RRRRULER OF THE DEMOCRRRRATIC PEOPLE'S REEEPUBLIC OF KOREA, WILL TURN YOUR COUNTRY TO DUST."

• Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't be making fun of the North Koreans, these guys mean business. I mean just look at the time they nearly carried out their threat to launch a missile at us:

1334602684_footage_from_the_north_korean

These guys aren't screwing around.

• Thumbs Up 6

I wouldn't be making fun of the North Koreans, these guys mean business. I mean just look at the time they nearly carried out their threat to launch a missile at us:

1334602684_footage_from_the_north_korean

These guys aren't screwing around.

Tell me that's genuine footage and not a parody of some sort.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tell me that's genuine footage and not a parody of some sort.

Normally I'd say it's a parody, but this is North Korea we're talking about.

But seriously I don't think they would fire at the US over movies. If Kim Jong Un didn't make a twat of himself in the first place we wouldn't be having this 'problem'.

So guys...um this is real...lol

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2014/06/25/north-korea-threatens-merciless-retaliation-over-james-franco-and-seth-rogen-assassination-comedy/

If North Korea really attacks the US over a comedy film, Kim Jong Un is digging his own grave. That would be the dumbest thing a leader could do in his position. Smh...

So guys...um this is real...lol

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2014/06/25/north-korea-threatens-merciless-retaliation-over-james-franco-and-seth-rogen-assassination-comedy/

If North Korea really attacks the US over a comedy film, Kim Jong Un is digging his own grave. That would be the dumbest thing a leader could do in his position. Smh...

Not to mention that they would be screwed beyond belief since China has made it clear that they won't help North Korea if they start a fight. At that point they'll be like a chihuahua fighting a Pitbull.

War over a movie? I fucking dare Kim Jung Un to try it! 

Seriously, my opinion's early in this topic hasn't changed - go ahead and push the damn button, and see if your so called "mighty" army doesn't get its ass kicked because China's not gonna be there for you when you do...and all over a damn movie.

Kim Jong-Un is like some kind of incompetent cartoon super villain.

I get the feeling he doesn't really call the shots.

Kim Il Sung was a legitimate dictator, his son may have been too, but I doubt his grandson is. Actual dictatorships are actually rare; most often they only last one or two leaders before turning into oligarchies. I think Jong Un is just a figurehead, and is used for what figureheads are best at: keeping the people united.

More on the recent news, it's the typical hissy fit they throw over everything for attention and money. Their missiles are not only few in number, but it's questionable if they'd even be able to hit across the Pacific with them. If India and Pakistan don't have intercontinental missiles yet, I don't think North Korea would either.