Awoo.

The North Korea Thread: Threats, Propaganda and a brewing Holocaust

Autosaver

Aw, man I really wanted to see the video. I swear, if I didn't know any better I'd say the DPRK are comedic geniuses.

Video's been fixed, you can see it in the original post.

Yeah...you suck at trolling, North Korea...

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Yeah...you suck at trolling, North Korea...

I dunno. The "We can insult you and you can't attack us or we'll nuke you or South Korea or Japan or your momma!" card is somewhat effective.

Now if only they could make rockets that aren't more of a danger to their own country than any enemy, they'd be just golden.

• Thumbs Up 1

I dunno. The "We can insult you and you can't attack us or we'll nuke you or South Korea or Japan or your momma!" card is somewhat effective.

Now if only they could make rockets that aren't more of a danger to their own country than any enemy, they'd be just golden.

Yeah, that card is only effective if they weren't standing behind China and could fend for themselves without them.

Unfortunately for them, that's not the case. And even if they made rockets that weren't a danger to their own country, if they launched it and it hit us, it's an outright declaration of war that China would never even try to get involved into.

Sky News has just tweeted the following, "U.S. Defence Sec Chuck Hagel says he will deploy 14 ground-based missiles in Alaska as part of measures to cover threat from N Korea & Iran," screenshot below:

e0EomyX.png

So... how real is shit getting now? This seems to me to be escalating way beyond anything we've seen before, at least in my lifetime.

I wanna say that's fake (meaning whoever fed them the story fooled them with it, not the tweet itself) simply because why would Iran be mentioned?

On the other hand, maybe that's the justification for a permanent fortification of the area, which makes more sense.

Yeah... Iran makes it questionable. If we want to target Iran we're going to put missiles in Saudi Arabia or something.

I really think this is all going to blow over. Kim Jong Un just has to go one step above his two predecessors, so he went slightly more crazy than the usual pattern. Makes the regime look serious.

I know this is going to sound bad, but I sort of hope that it doesn't blow over. The North Korean people deserve so much better than this.

• Thumbs Up 3

Nah there's other articles saying the same thing. They're missile defense missiles, for future scenarios, in case these countries develop the tech to strike the West Coast. Not as crazy as you guys make it sound.

Yeah... Iran makes it questionable. If we want to target Iran we're going to put missiles in Saudi Arabia or something.

I really think this is all going to blow over. Kim Jong Un just has to go one step above his two predecessors, so he went slightly more crazy than the usual pattern. Makes the regime look serious.

I doubt the Saudi's would like but yes you would probably want place some closer like Turkey but want happen when the US did that. The only problem with any or these options be it Alaska, Saudi Arabia and Turkey is you guessed it people Russia and China.sleep.png  

I know this is going to sound bad, but I sort of hope that it doesn't blow over. The North Korean people deserve so much better than this.

They do, but the regime's sadly too smart to actually really try anything. They're knowledgeable enough to know they'd be finished. They want to keep their banana republic. 

I doubt the Saudi's would like but yes you would probably want place some closer like Turkey but want happen when the US did that. The only problem with any or these options be it Alaska, Saudi Arabia and Turkey is you guessed it people Russia and China.sleep.png  

This is gonna be really blunt, and a bit mean, but those countries need to stop thinking we're out to get them. I still facepalm everytime I think of how Russia construed an attempt to build a missile shield (which they were invited to) as some evil western plan to destroy Russia. The Cold War's over; we don't care about Russia anymore. As for China, well, why would we attack someone who funds our ever expanding debt?

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

North Korea tells South to leave islands

A North Korean propaganda website has warned of strikes against Southern islands and advised residents to leave.

The Uriminzokkiri website, linked to the regime, mentioned targets including Yeonpyeong island, which was attacked by Northern forces in 2010.

Pyongyang has made a series of threats since its last nuclear test in February prompted the UN to tighten sanctions.

The US said on Friday it would refocus missile defences to its west coast to counter the North's threats.

Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel said 14 more batteries would be placed in Alaska by 2017, adding to 30 already in place along the coast.

'War games'

On 12 February the North tested a nuclear device, which is believed to be its third such test.

The UN Security Council condemned the move and tightened sanctions on the regime.

Before and after the UN announcement, Pyongyang promised reprisals for the sanctions, including a threat to launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike against the US.

North Korean media has also been vitriolic against the South.

The Uriminzokkiri website stated: "Even an accidental spark by the belligerents in their war games can grow into a fire.

"And the damage for those living along the border and on the five western islands will be great."

The threats came shortly after South Korean Prime Minister Chung Hong-won visited Yeonpyeong.

The US and South Korea also began military drills earlier in the week.

South Korea's western islands are regarded as being particularly vulnerable to attack as they lie 10km (six miles) south of the sea boundary.

In 2010, the North bombarded Yeonpyeong with artillery shells, causing four deaths.

North Korea's foreign policy has for decades been dominated by threats of military strikes, and bartering over its nuclear programme.

Although Pyongyang has given up parts of its nuclear programme in return for aid, it has continued to develop missiles and enrich nuclear material.

The most advanced missiles have the capacity to reach Alaska.

It is not thought to have a missile capable of carrying a nuclear warhead.

_50111180_nk_sk464x280_2.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21814416

Is this posturing by North Korea, or are they actually going to launch strikes? I mean, they have launched attacks on the islands before, within the last five years.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope they actually get the balls to strike first. That way we can give them that well deserved curb stomp battle they've had coming for years.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just hurry the fuck up and declare war already, North Korea! Seriously, you're all bark and little bite right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

To us, the propaganda that the DPRK are feeding to the people of North Korea is so utterly ridiculous that it's comedic. But to the people in NK, it's all they know. It doesn't look ridiculous to them because the DPRK does such a good job of pulling the wool over their eyes. So they will believe anything to government tells them. Crushing the DPRK military may be a cakewalk; the hard part will be winning over the people. They are convinced without a doubt that Americans are the enemy. The US might be able to decimate their military, but they can't afford to deal with such an insurgency with their massive and ever-increasing debt. I'm kinda rambling here, but the point is the US may be a military superpower but they have no money.

• Thumbs Up 1

It can't be all that hard to know that what the DPRK does is wrong; the country has a whole bunch of concentration camps just brimming with malcontents and other people the regime classify as criminals, and the fact that people go to great lengths just to escape is telling.

So... how real is shit getting now? This seems to me to be escalating way beyond anything we've seen before, at least in my lifetime.

Well, Fox News seems to think North Korea is actually a threat:

“...The threat posed by North Korea today is perhaps the gravest national security threat we will face in the near term.North Korea’s ballistic missile capability, coupled with its ever increasing nuclear capability, is no laughing matter and all indications are that it’s only going to get worse. Further, Dr. Vincent Pry from the U.S. Nuclear Strategy Forum, has recently made a convincing case that North Korea possesses an Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) nuclear warhead which would have the ability to take out a national power grid and destroy critical infrastructures throughout the U.S. The North Korean threat is real, it’s here and it’s not getting better.

President George W. Bush understood that key military bases in the western United States represented one of our best hopes of dealing with the increasing North Korean threat and deployed missile interceptors to Fort Greely, Alaska.

Unfortunately, President Obama has severely cut missile defense and last year announced plans to decommission Missile Field 1 at Fort Greely. Originally, there were to be three silo fields housing interceptors. Today, Fort Greely is down to one. The time is now for the administration to reverse its decision. The North Korean threat is the greatest nuclear weapons challenge to the United States since the Cold War. It’s time for America to act and to lead."

At least one of the comments on that article was good:

"We need to drop a huge load of Preparation H on North Korea, because it is a tiny, annoying hemorrhoid on the sphincter of the world."

laugh.png 

Is it racist that my favorite North Korean Cartoon is the one that plays the most into their stereotypes?  Well, let's think about it this way: There's no way that one that doesn't could be as funny as one that does.

I for one have always dreamed of invading North Korea by way of of weird amphibious tanks regurgitated from ships with faces, haven't you?

Kim Jong-Un is just mad because he can't get laid.

That would be funny if it werent for the fact that he already has a wife who is possibly pregnant.

I mean, seriously, the dictator of the country who's people blindly worship him? It's kinda hard to imagine him NOT getting laid by any woman of his choosing there. It certainly didn't stop his father...

• Thumbs Up 4

Fox News only wants two things out of life: To bomb non-Americans, and attack Obama.  They will twist any news story out there to one or both of these two aims, no matter how outlandish or improbable the conclusion may be, and that is exactly what they are doing in the story you quote.  It's debateable whether we should take North Korea seriously.  But nobody should take Fox News seriously.

• Thumbs Up 4

I for one have always dreamed of invading North Korea by way of of weird amphibious tanks regurgitated from ships with faces, haven't you?

I smell the plot for the next Metal Gear game.

• Thumbs Up 7

Wouldn't be surprised if they do open up with some artillery attacks, but I doubt they'd try a full-scale invasion. The occasional bombardment is tolerable by the South's standards, but that'd be an all out act of war.

I don't think North Korea's crazy enough, though. They have China's backing if they're attacked first, so it makes no sense for them to forfeit that. The country is ruled by the military, and presumably they know that they need China's help if they're to survive a new war with the West. They're probably trying to goad the South into attacking first is all, and I presume the US has been advising the South not to do that either.

They're basically engaging eachother in a game of chicken; who's going to hit first?

I am the only one who still doesn't like the thought of war? sleep.png

Anyway I am surprised about Obama stepping up missile defences does the US government know something we don't about Iran and North Korea's Nuclear capability because if it is so primitive why bother? Unless they are still paranoid over China and Russia?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/china-says-u-anti-missile-north-korea-plan-071813428.html No surprise there.

China, stop defending NK here. They threatened a pre-emptive nuclear strike, countries around them have every reason to be cautious about it.

...this probably has something to do with them not wanting their carrier killers being shot down. :P