Awoo.

Gotta have a lot of patience for this, huh?

OKeijiDragon

So at the very, very end of Final Egg,

Has anyone actually waited for the damn thing to come down? I had to wait two minutes for it!

Its funny how there's all these extra little paths and rooms with goodies in Sonic Adventure that are analogous to the earlier 2D Sonic titles. I never see those again (Aside from perhaps those Advance titles).

Edited by Keiji Dragon

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blue Blood

• redmenace

• OKeijiDragon

• CreamyBagel

Kinda pointless considering it's the end of Sonic's Story and your bound to have plenty of lives by the time you get there.

I love things like this is Sonic Adventure's levels, yes there's no real point to it, but goddam it's nice to have. You can tell they really tried with Adventure. It's a shame that effort kind of waned over the years.

I love things like this is Sonic Adventure's levels, yes there's no real point to it, but goddam it's nice to have. You can tell they really tried with Adventure. It's a shame that effort kind of waned over the years.

What are you talking about? You think those well placed bottomless pits in Frog Forest and strategic chamers full of 67 enemies in Sonic 06 are the result of waning design efforts?

This type of design is nothing short of fun and pointless. Be it something you have to really wait for (like this), or be it a cute little Easter Egg you find by climbing to the very top of the stage for no reason (Hydrocity Act 1) such things are always nice to witness.

Reminds me of that cloud thing in Braid where you have to wait two hours to get a star. At least this isn't half as long as that, but it's still doesn't seem worth the wait. Interesting find nonetheless.

There's actually a shitton of hidden rings towards the end of that stage. Before that room there's a bunch of ring boxes on the high platforms (you can blast a few of them when you're playing as Gamma), before that room you can spindash up to a platform with a bunch of rings shaped like Sonic's head, and before that if you fall down the right tunnel you'll land near even more ring boxes. I think there's even more item boxes before that, if you check the rafters of the earlier rooms.

There are quite a few hidden or out-of-the-way item boxes throughout the game, but it's kind of odd that they got so generous/sneaky right at the end...

This is the kind of tidbit that needs to get added to the wiki!!1!

I suddenly feel a strange sense of deja vu...

MIGHT BE ON ACCOUNT OF THE PRESSURE DOWN HERE

Yeah, this is another C&P topic from Retro, though the opposite also happens a lot.

Final Egg does seem to have the most little secrets within it, including a longer unused corridor.

So THAT's what that platform is. It always bothered me. I thought it was the exit of an alternative route I never found.

Now that I know, I'll say it.

That's horrible level design. I mean what's the point? Tucking things in REALLY hard to find places is fine, but a secret area where you have to wait for two minutes is just silly. D=

I did like the secret areas Diogenes mentioned though. I remember finding those really satisfying when I discovered them.

This type of design is nothing short of fun and pointless. Be it something you have to really wait for (like this), or be it a cute little Easter Egg you find by climbing to the very top of the stage for no reason (Hydrocity Act 1) such things are always nice to witness.

The Knuckles area, the level loop or I'm completely oblivious?

Yet more reason why Sonic Adventure's effort in level design reigns above other 3D games'. Like Sonic 3 & Knuckles, there's always going to be something new I learn about that I didn't know before.

I hate waiting for things like these. If 1-ups are all the reward I would get from using the platform, then I would rather keep going at a good speed - and if I died, I would do the level over again and have more play time.

This reminds me actually (and I actually thought that's what the topic was going to be about, before I read it) of that one easter egg in Sonic CD.

Can't remember how long you have to wait (maybe three minutes or more, not sure), but if you just stand perfectly still for a few minutes, Sonic just says "I'm outta here!" and jumps off the screen. I can't remember if it gives you an instant Time Over or Game Over, although the latter would be a bit harsh.

Edited by Mahzes

The Knuckles area, the level loop or I'm completely oblivious?

The top of the background is lined with Sonic statues. Tell me that's not a cute Easter Egg?

This reminds me actually (and I actually thought that's what the topic was going to be about, before I read it) of that one easter egg in Sonic CD.

Can't remember how long you have to wait (maybe three minutes or more, not sure), but if you just stand perfectly still for a few minutes, Sonic just says "I'm outta here!" and jumps off the screen. I can't remember if it gives you an instant Time Over or Game Over, although the latter would be a bit harsh.

Ohhh, I remember that! XD Yeah, it does give you an instant Game Over. I tried it out once. Sonic's voice is weird in that game. ^^;

Anyway I honestly never knew about this platform, and have to agree it's very badly placed. Not to mention you have to wait more than 2 minutes for it!

I wonder if this is in SADX too.

The top of the background is lined with Sonic statues. Tell me that's not a cute Easter Egg?

:o Mindblown. There's always something I don't know.

Not something I'd really bother with. With Sonic's story, I ended up with about 27 lives by the time I reached the end. But cool otherwise!

I'm not sure this really counts as an "easter egg", per se, but if you use the super-jump Action Replay code in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, you can get a close up view of the echidnaen murels lining the insides of Eggmans pyramid base as Sonic or Tails. First off, why are there pictures of echidnas in this pyramid? And more importaintly, why are the two females NUDE?

That's right, look closely. SEGA was actually very clever and used their dreads to cover the "naughty" bits, and if I remember correctly they are at least wearings skirts of some sort. Still, I thought this was funny the first time I noticed it.

Also, I'm still finding hidden rooms and routes in Sonic Adventure (and '06) that I've never seen before. Part of the reason I love those two games.

I wonder if this is in SADX too.

It's in all versions of the game. It does seem a bit silly though, having it hiding away there and moving that slowly. I wouldn't have the patience to wait that long for four lives unless I was down to zero and even then I think I'd risk dying.