Awoo.

Mario & Luigi 4 (Dream Team)!

SIXTH-RATE SOMA

FUCK YOU I WAS LITERALLY JUST ABOUT TO MAKE THIS TOPIC

*ahem*

Yes, it looks fucking amazing.

Also, it's called "Mario & Luigi: Dream Team", so you should probably fix the thread name

Edited by Colasaurus Rex
  • Thumbs Up 3

Bitches, I already made a Mario & Luigi topic, so allow me to find it.

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge

I have to say, I absolutely dig the new art style. It looks beautiful.

For the rest of the game... Well, the story idea is interesting, and the gameplay will probably as fun as it was before. Can't wait for it.

I love the M&L series. This is definitely the most exciting news from Nintendo Direct for me. They did  a great job in translating the graphics from 2D to 3D.

I saw screenshots with overhead RPG perspective in addition to the 2D platformer perspective. Panic over.

You see that in the trailer, too.

• Thumbs Up 1

I saw screenshots with overhead RPG perspective in addition to the 2D platformer perspective. Panic over.

Don't fancy posting them though? For reference, Gaming Age has them.  

3DS_MarioLuigi3DS_022013_Scrn01.jpg3DS_MarioLuigi3DS_022013_Scrn02.jpg

Logo:

3DS_MarioLuigi-dream-team_logo.jpg

Why didn't they announce the title in the Nintendo Direct (or at least not in the European one)?

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

When I first saw the gameplay, I immediately thought Super Mario 3D Land RPG. But I like it, and it gives me a reason to buy a 3DS. 

3DS_MarioLuigi3DS_022013_Scrn01.jpg3DS_MarioLuigi3DS_022013_Scrn02.jpg

Logo:

3DS_MarioLuigi-dream-team_logo.jpg

Why didn't they announce the title in the Nintendo Direct (or at least not in the European one)?

Didn't he? I'm watching the video on YOutube and he tells the title and shows the logo. The little I was able to see during the stream matches up with the video, so I assume it's from the UK one.

doo do doo do doo totally not stealing and then front-loading the topic with these.

Edited by New Wraith

It's been way too long since the last truly unique Mario game, I am absolutely getting this, it looks so fun and charming and overall just great.

Between this, Luigi's Mansion 2, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Fire Emblem Awakening, and the various eshop titles, I really don't see a reason to get a Wii U. The 3DS is LOADED with quality games as of now and is getting a boatload this summer alone.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hope there is a stage where Mario enters that awkward dream Luigi had involving himself, Mario, baby oil and Dry Bowser.

--

Srsly, game looks far better than Sticker Star. Might pick it up at full price if reviews are good.

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 4

Didn't he? I'm watching the video on YOutube and he tells the title and shows the logo. The little I was able to see during the stream matches up with the video, so I assume it's from the UK one.

I thought that the title wasn't in the Direct, but there was a moment where it lag-skipped over something that looked like a title logo, so I guess that was it?  I didn't think those overhead shots posted by Blue Blood earlier were in the Direct trailer, though.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a good plot on this one.  A dream world has a lot of potential in that regard, if they'll only use it.  I kind of hope stuff happens to Luigi's body rather than him just lying in the grass all game, though.  Like Bowser kidnaps his body while Mario's stuck in the dream, for instance.

Oh hell yes! I was questioning sticker star for a while but seeing this, i'm glad I didn't purchase it now.

I thought that the title wasn't in the Direct, but there was a moment where it lag-skipped over something that looked like a title logo, so I guess that was it?  I didn't think those overhead shots posted by Blue Blood earlier were in the Direct trailer, though.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a good plot on this one.  A dream world has a lot of potential in that regard, if they'll only use it.  I kind of hope stuff happens to Luigi's body rather than him just lying in the grass all game, though.  Like Bowser kidnaps his body while Mario's stuck in the dream, for instance.

I'm sure things will happen to Luigi. I'd be surprised if there's no "drug"-induced dream.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm generally more a Paper Mario fan than a Mario & Luigi fan, but the first and third are solid, fun games (never got around to playing the second), and the focus on Luigi in this one is a good thing imo.

Looks like the real world sections are going to be top down/3D while the dream areas are 2D, similar to how the third game had the overworld being top down and the areas inside Bowser being 2D.

I'm gonna miss the spritework, tho'. The series had some damn good pixel art.

• Thumbs Up 7

This is awesome, I've only played Bowser's Inside Story of the M&L seties so far but I fucking loved it so I know I have high expectations for this. I just hope they don't make the same mistake they made with Sticker Star...

• Thumbs Up 7