Awoo.

Resident Evil 1.5 has been "released" online.

Badnik Mechanic

Ok so this is the very brief version.

We are all just about familiar with this version of Resident Evil 2 right? The one which was rumored to be nearly finished before the game was scrapped and we ended up with the Leon & Claire version?

Well, a team of hackers/fans/people managed to get a copy of RE 1.5 and were working on restoring it to a playable state, however, someone on the team/somebody got ahold of a very recent build of the project and tried to sell it to various RE fansites.

Due to this, the dev team behind the project have decided to counter this by releasing the entire project as it is right now. They're going to still work on the project but they have released their progress so far publically for all to see and play.

This is still a work in progress and there are a number of game breaking bugs, but from what people are saying, it is RE 1.5 and it does work.

There is however a lack of audio in some sections of it. But if you've ever wanted to try it out, now is the time.

To prove this isn't bull.

Picture166_zps87bb3337.jpg

Picture165_zpsa7694a23.jpg

Videos are being uploaded.

You can read their 'press release' here and find the download link too if you check the spoilers in the post.

Edit: This is not the final build, but it's pretty close to it.

Edit 2: Link now works.

Edit 3: Video

• Thumbs Up 3

Couldn't give a fuck about RE and haven't heard of this particular game until like, just now literally. But this sort of stuff is always amazing. I can't wait to read up on it!

I've watched more classic horror games lately and I've noticed a huge difference between modern games.

Classic games like 1.5 seem to have a better atmosphere and get me more into the scary mood than modern games. I guess modern games tend to be way too action focused and unrealistic that they're not as scary anymore.

Is the PSP 3000 hackable? I'd love to boot the final version of restoration on it.

The PSP-3000 is hackable as far as I know.

I don't play horror games, but it pleases me to know that there are people out there who are working to restore and document unfinished games.

Edited by SSRGuest98

Don't care about Resident Evil, but like Blueblood, this kind of stuff intrigues me. I love it when a group of fans band together and finish something that was at one point supposed to be.

It's like a physical way of seeing the scenario of "what if they did it this way originally" only without the true results of the era in time.

Ah I feel so bad for Elza. That classic RE knife really sucked. Took like 50 swipes in RE2 just to kill one zombie. That epic battle in the vid was lol worthy but amazing footage! Really looking forward to checking that out sometime.