Awoo.

Problem viewing youtube vids on the forum

Badnik Mechanic

I don't know if this is just my poorly laptop becoming more ill, but since I think it was Saturday, I can't view youtube videos anymore when browsing SSMB in IE (latest version).

I can watch them fine in Firefox and Chrome, but IE isn't working.

Anyone else got this problem?

• Thumbs Up 1

I found the problem.

You're using IE.

In all seriousness, I think IE has had glitches before with the forum.

• Thumbs Up 6

I found the problem.

You're using IE.

In all seriousness, I think IE has had glitches before with the forum.

I'm using chrome and the Youtube Videos aren't working for me either, actually. For a while I thought it was just my browser... And seeing as how I can't go any higher than chrome, I'm kinda stuck with it.  Cause of that, I'm kinda relieved that it may be just a problem with the boards.

Edited by Emperor Robrainiac

I found the problem.

You're using IE.

I'm really getting sick of hearing this. IE is a pretty good browser. At least IE 10 is.

I used to have that problem with videos here. I'm not sure what happened, but I no longer have that problem though.

Something like this happened to me a looong time back, and I think it was IE as well, and so for a brief period of time, I had to shift over to Firefox, as that was the only browser I had at the time.

I'm really getting sick of hearing this. IE is a pretty good browser.

Nice try, Microsoft employee.

Just checked btw, IE is broken. Chrome works. So I have no idea whats happening to the Chrome user above.

• Thumbs Up 1

IE on Windows 8 is still slow compared to Chrome and Firefox. And what's worse is that when I close IE, the process still runs in the background and you wouldn't know until you take a trip down to the Task Manager. They did this so IE loads much faster the next time you open it up. I wouldn't have mind this, if it didn't suck up a lot of your memory overtime.

IE has still got a long way to go before it give Chrome/Firefox a run in. Most sites still have issues with IE, including this site.

Seriously if you have administration powers on your computer, I strongly recommended you use a different browser. OPERA even.

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

I have this issue with Chrome on the iPad. I can't see embedded YouTube videos; they just don't show up on the page. I also have another issue on the iPad which might be related; I notice that if I scroll the page before it's done loading then I get a "download failed" error page from Chrome. It might be related because when it happens the page title text (the text that appears on the browser tab) changes to a youtube URL. I can't see the whole URL though, so I don't know exactly what page it's trying to access. I'll get a screenshot next time it happens (it happens a lot, almost anytime I try and scroll the page before it's done loading).

EDIT: It seems to happen on any page that has YouTube videos on it, but only on SSMB. This started happening around the same time as the videos stopped appearing completely.

Edited by Frogging101