Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Solid SOAP

Peach was gonna be a secret character but they took her out ¬¬

Yeah that pissed me off to insane levels, Mario 64 had a shit 100% reward anyway but to replace it with... nothing was just a Mega Kick straight in the balls. Miyamoto is clearly not a Peach fan.

We've never really had any canon following in the Mario series.

Mario has a canon; Just a very loose one.

I mean, games will outright reference past events in other games. Sometimes the more story-driven games will even reference sports/kart/part games (Such as Luigi's diary entry in Paper Mario). This leads me to strongly believe that these minor entries in the series, while "filler" they may be, are indeed as canon and as "real" as the "mainstream" games are.

Mario's canon is full of problems and contradictions (Something the Sonic fandom can certainly emphasize with), but it definitely... exists. There is a continuity in the series, as loose as it may be.

Probably to introduce the series. It's hard to sell something that isn't a sequel, I guess it always has been.

-Create Yoshi game

-Put "Super Mario World 2" in the title

-????

-PROFIT!

This is true. Keep in mind, this is how Wario's series launched. "Super Mario Land III: Wario Land" despite Mario having all of one scene in the ending.

Edited by Dr. Mechano

I definitely think all the games are canon, even spin offs. I don't think Nintendo will ever make an effort to clear up plot holes, but with a series like Mario it's not and shouldn't be a big deal.

Now Zelda on the other hand.... :D

Looks like they drastically changed the hairstyle of the zany-eyed one. Probably because his hair was rainbow, just like the other one. Originality FTW.

Actually, Iggy is like an inverted Bowser Jr., shell and hair wise.

Also Lemmy, my personal fave, has a ponytail as well as his sig. mohawk.

God damn I can't stand the Koopa Kids. The only one I almost like is Wendy, but goodness they're all soooooooooo lame. =(

I'll need to agree with that now. And you're right about the NSMB series being at a very fair value. Also, we now know that Wario Land: Shake It was not as good as NSMB.

The difficulty of NSMB is worth paying for. :)

I didn't say any of that at all :blink:

NSMB on DS is fair value, but I really don't think this is. My point was that WarioLand was better value for money than NSMBW, because it was harder, you had more to do, and the graphics were brilliant.

Can anyone imagine WarioLand Shake playing on the DS? No

Can anyone imagine NSMBW playing on the DS? Yes

That is the difference in value for money.

My point was that WarioLand was better value for money than NSMBW, because it was harder, you had more to do, and the graphics were brilliant.

How can you say any of this (except for your personal opinion on graphics) without having played NSMBW? Warioland was actually pretty easy by the way.

How can you say any of this (except for your personal opinion on graphics) without having played NSMBW? Warioland was actually pretty easy by the way.

You're right about the difficulty, for all I know NSMBW may be solid, but some of WarioLand's secret stages are solid too.

And Mario Bros stages are traditionally much shorter than WarioLand stages, not to mention the amount of collectables in WarioLand are quite a bit more than a few big coins, and more often than not unlock a lot more neat stuff, like music and more secret stages.

EDIT: Oh, and the graphics aren't opinion (well preference is entirely opinion, but...) WarioLand couldn't be done on the DS without losing all of its cartoony feel, the graphics are far higher quality. Everything in the game is animated perfectly and it actually looks like you're playing a sidescrolling cartoon. There's nothing particularly mindblowing about NSMBW's visuals in comparison.

Edited by SuperDarkLink

Enough with the image posts, please.

Now THATS certainly interesting, if they lied about that in the ONM interview I wonder what else they lied about...

You're right about the difficulty, for all I know NSMBW may be solid, but some of WarioLand's secret stages are solid too.

And Mario Bros stages are traditionally much shorter than WarioLand stages, not to mention the amount of collectables in WarioLand are quite a bit more than a few big coins, and more often than not unlock a lot more neat stuff, like music and more secret stages.

EDIT: Oh, and the graphics aren't opinion. WarioLand couldn't be done on the DS without losing all of its cartoony feel, the graphics are far higher quality. Everything in the game is animated perfectly and it actually looks like you're playing a sidescrolling cartoon. There's nothing mindblowing about NSMBW's visuals.

EDIT2: That last paragraph sounds far more arrogant than I meant it to :(

Oh I agree that Wario looks great on Wii, but I do think there are also some really great looking cartoony DS games as well. For example, that new Shantae on DSiware looks really great IMO. Sure it's not the level of Wario, but I feel NSMBDS isn't at the level of it's Wii counterpart either. I actually think the Wii game looks a lot better then the DS game. I think NSMBW looks great and I still agree Wario looks better then NSMBW, but some people actually prefer "2.5 D". Acting like it's a fact is kinda silly. Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that.

I still don't think you should compare the two on things other then visuals until you actually play NSMBW. Saying one game is harder or has better secrets before even playing both is pretty presumptuous.

Well like I've said before I can't imagine the secrets in NSMBW being that great if they're not characters. Extra stages or music would be great depending on the general quality. I love the WarioLand music compared to the NSMBW music I've heard so far, but I did like a few tracks from the original so I'll probably be pleasantly surprised.

Also I edited the last paragraph of my previous post because I wasn't happy with it:

Oh, and the graphics aren't opinion (well preference is entirely opinion, but...) WarioLand couldn't be done on the DS without losing all of its cartoony feel, the graphics are far higher quality. Everything in the game is animated perfectly and it actually looks like you're playing a sidescrolling cartoon. There's nothing particularly mindblowing about NSMBW's visuals in comparison.

Shantae is one of those games that is animated well, but nothing on the DS could ever look like it was taken straight out of very a well animated cartoon. WarioLand's animation even puts many 2DHD games to shame, and I'm really not expecting even Needlemouse to top it.

I actually think the Wii game looks a lot better then the DS game.

Let me try to better explain what I'm getting at. I agree, it does look much better, now that I've seen it in motion a lot more.

However, if it was ported to DS it really wouldn't lose much on the visual sides of things; unlike WarioLand would. What I really wanted was a graphical style that the DS would have a hard time imitating, to give it some independent value. I know it's trying to cash in with the fans who bought NSMBDS, but shouldn't the title be enough? Nintendo need to be more experimental with games like this; because they'll definitely get immense sales regardless of look. Wind Waker was proof of that.

Edited by SuperDarkLink

It doesn't really matter anyway since this whole thing stemmed from you saying this game isn't worth $50. That's subjective seeing as how I'll (and a shit load of other people) will gladly pay the asking price. I personally would never pay full price for a rail shooter because I think they're too limited in what you can do, but that doesn't stop people from disagreeing with me.

Edited by speedfreak

Well me being a sucker for all things Nintendo I'll end up buying it full price anyway.

BUT this doesn't mean I have to agree with it. Especially since WarioLand was a tad cheaper than the usual Wii game price.

Personally I don't find any shooting games are worth full price, but I just don't like 'em :P However this is a game I usually do like, I just feel like I should be getting it for less...

Should have Preordered at Amazon. They were selling it for like $46 and giving you a $10 credit after the game shipped. Meaning you would basically get the game for $36 since Amazon has no tax and provides a free shipping option. I would have done it but I too am a sucker for (almost) all things Nintendo and I want this day one.

Edited by speedfreak

Should have Preordered at Amazon. They were selling it for like $46 and giving you a $10 credit after the game shipped. Meaning you would basically get the game for $36 since Amazon has no tax and provides a free shipping option. I would have done it but I too am a sucker for (almost) all things Nintendo and I want this day one.

I dunno if we got that deal in the UK.

Anyway it doesn't make a bit of difference, guys. I can't shop online remember? That point is inert.

Anyway it doesn't make a bit of difference, guys. I can't shop online remember? That point is inert.

Oh you clever unfunny dog, you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Oh you clever unfunny dog, you.

No need to be such a downer, D: I was trying to lighten the mood, which I may have inadvertently caused myself.

Personally I thought it was hilarious; plus I didn't want my post to be too short.

Edited by SuperDarkLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

No need to be such a downer, D: I was trying to lighten the mood, which I may have inadvertently caused myself.

Personally I thought it was hilarious; plus I didn't want my post to be too short.

I was just saying that I got the reference! :|